• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Spend all my spheres upgrading my armors to fight the new variants.

Now I want the variant armors and have no spheres to upgrade them.

Feels bad man :(

You can farm alot of those in steamworks provided you have fuels. If not you can farm fuels in guiding lands.

www.youtube.com

10k+ FUEL AN HOUR! Steamworks Fuel Farm Guide MHW Iceborne

More accurately 10-15k steamworks fuel an hour. But that doesn't fit as nicely on a thumbnail and title.The steamworks in MHW Iceborne add an interesting new...

The new update lets steamwork use like 10 times(or is it 100 times?) more fuels which will make farming way faster.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
is Lv 3 speed sharpening worth it ? Not sure if I want to take the alpha or beta set for the Brachy Legs
Only if you want to not run Master's Touch and possibly also not protective polish. The loss of slots hurts too much for a traditional build, but the option is there to do something different if you want to use another set(also good if you're doing Gunlance with 4pc new Brachy, since GL eats sharpness like crazy but doesn't do well with master's touch since shells can't crit). For generic builds, 3pc master's touch+2pc brachy is going to be the meta choice and in this case you want B, since you shouldn't be sharpening anyway(at least not in combat).

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Iceborne but I haven't played it yet. Please tell me there's some kind of tutorial or something. I don't remember shit.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys I can't stay connected to my friend at all any idea why?

I've tried:

-Disabling steam overlay
-Disabling friends list

But I still DC after about 10 minutes every single time.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Plat achieved. MonHun is awesome.
unknown.png

Last edited:

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Should I use the Safi Hunting Horn with 300 Poison or 180 Paralysis? Paralysis can give some nice openings to play your songs but the amount is pretty low for a slow weapon like the HH.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Should I use the Safi Hunting Horn with 300 Poison or 180 Paralysis? Paralysis can give some nice openings to play your songs but the amount is pretty low for a slow weapon like the HH.
Poison would probably lead to more damage solo, but paralysis would lead to more damage in groups. 180 isn't that low, disabling status effects are lower in general, and HH isn't bad at applying status with the spin to win.

The main issue I had with using status weapons on HH is you'll often overlap stuff. Get a KO, spin once, monster now is paralyzed cancelling the remaining KO duration and such. It can be really annoying when they don't line up properly as you waste a bunch of your status(normal down, KO and sleep/para) with them overlapping.

So overall I'd probably go poison myself BUT I got like 4 blast HH so that's what I'm using, 3 of them dropped with unique song lists too(2 of them attack melodies) so that's great for me.

There is a paralysis HH build too where you max para, max status on the weapon mods, get the melody for status ailment power or whatever and run crit status, you can get like 6-7paralysis per fight with that, but it's obviously not going to beat speedrunning records if you're on your own.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking, poison is the worst status in the game.

Blast activates immediately once you build up enough of it, whereas you can't build up the next poison while the current one is in effect.
Sleep is good in coordinated groups (not so much uncoordinated ones) and you can get easy Guiding Lands shinies with free wall slams.
Paralysis is just free damage for the rest of the team.

People only ran Poison weapons in the past because the Gold Rathian weapons had disgusting stats. Now you're better off running just about anything else if you can.

Nov 7, 2017
Brachy gear is so godlike. Now for my LS i can fit in crit eye7, agi7, health boost 3, crit boost 3, wex3, peak perf 3, divine blessing 3, fortify and free meal without mantles

acmshar

Nov 26, 2017
Just picked up Iceborne and I'm going back to LS. Does anyone have advice on how to start hunts with the clutch claw? I know the LS is a 'light' weapon, so I'm unclear if I should be trying to get the weak spot on the head, or bashing it into the wall, etc. And then how often to try for clutch claw stuff throughout the fight, I guess? I'm playing solo, if that matters.

Also, how hard is Raging Brachy, or at least what kind of gear would I need to take him on? It seems like his armor and weapon would be the best to go for at MR24, but I feel like I'll probably be undergeared if I try to go straight for it.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
R Brachy and F Rajang are lvl 7 volcanic region monsters?
PC player so not 100% sure but I believe they only appear in optionals atm(that unlock after you do the special quest). If they add them to GL it'd be volcanic for brachy for sure due to its special mechanic, but rajang could be somewhere else to vary a bit, probably ice since the optional is in hoarfrost I believe.

Just picked up Iceborne and I'm going back to LS. Does anyone have advice on how to start hunts with the clutch claw? I know the LS is a 'light' weapon, so I'm unclear if I should be trying to get the weak spot on the head, or bashing it into the wall, etc. And then how often to try for clutch claw stuff throughout the fight, I guess? I'm playing solo, if that matters.

Also, how hard is Raging Brachy, or at least what kind of gear would I need to take him on? It seems like his armor and weapon would be the best to go for at MR24, but I feel like I'll probably be undergeared if I try to go straight for it.
Clutch claw fucking sucks for light weapons(other than SnS and DB), honestly what I did to enjoy IG and Longsword was to build them for 100% affinity with normal wex like in vanilla, and ignore clutching other than for flinch shot into walls. This is especially easy now with current gear. Flinch into walls should be done whenever it can be though(check the icon on the monster, when it's yellow they're not enraged and can be flinched, when red they're enraged so flinch does nothing but it activates agitator).

Not sure if you can unlock the quest at MR24 but if you can, I'd say as soon as possible. It might be rough but if you gear for it(blast resist 3, or at least the fire mantle if you don't have the decos, probably want fire resist at 20 too for burning immunity and then the usual stuff you can fit) it should be doable once you learn the pattern and as you said the gear is just so good it'll let you get a really strong start. It depends on how bad your gear is atm though, I'd heavily recommend getting armor that's fully augmented and upgraded before you tackle them, and for weapon getting the Royal weapons from the events(which are currently all active) would be good, they're easy enough to get and they have very good raw stats with a bunch of base affinity making it easier to gear for. The quest is 50shades of white.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Generally speaking, poison is the worst status in the game.

Blast activates immediately once you build up enough of it, whereas you can't build up the next poison while the current one is in effect.
Sleep is good in coordinated groups (not so much uncoordinated ones) and you can get easy Guiding Lands shinies with free wall slams.
Paralysis is just free damage for the rest of the team.

People only ran Poison weapons in the past because the Gold Rathian weapons had disgusting stats. Now you're better off running just about anything else if you can.

I really hope they understand how much potential statuses have for MH6. Especially in the damage meta they created since skills are so easy to get with no negatives that leads idiots to run without HB3 etc

Poison needs to go back to at least limiting monsters in some way, to counter the no build up while poisoned aspect, like Kushala and stopping its aura in old games. Maybe even stopping monsters from doing ultimates like a general elderseal while active.

Same with sleep which needs a big buff. They have to have the numbers to show what miniscule % of players have built, much less run a sleep weapon on hunts. Make monsters move slower like they do unraged, or hell even knock them out of rage mode after a certain threshold which allows for somewhat Risker playstyle.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Man this immortal reactors are driving me nuts, so far I've gotten 11 brachydios palliums from raging brachy but I can't get the one reactor I need..

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Raging Brachydiosssssss whatttt theeee fuckkkkkk.

Dont tell me it have Plate/Gem/Pallium for the armor sets.

Edit : RIP.
Edit 2 : nvm, second run got two immortal reactor.
Edit 3 : friendship ended with SnS and LBG, Hunting Horn now my best friend.

Last edited:

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
So I made a 5-piece Raging Bracy set for CB and hit a Tigrex in the arena with an SAED. Each of the bursts did 171 damage.

This armor is so fucking dumb. I can't believe I can seriously run all 5 pieces and make a meta build.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Palico AI gets a huge upgrade in the next game. I seem to remember them being excellent about helping you out in MHGU whenever you got stunned or put to sleep, but here they sit there and stare at me more often than hit me.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished Safijiiva set thanks to Zionium crystal available in the melder.

Can you make the full set works or is it a dud ?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Finally finished Safijiiva set thanks to Zionium crystal available in the melder.

Can you make the full set works or is it a dud ?

You can but it's pretty specific, generally it's better to run only 3pc then run another set bonus(either 2pc like brachydios, or 3pc via essence on safi weapons). I think it's pretty much only for heavy ele weapons, like DB/Bow and guns with ele ammo. As usual though you can just play whatever you like.

Even my lance doesnt reach Shin Brachydios. Might have to pull out the GUN again.
You're mostly supposed to hit the legs unlike normal brachy, he trips pretty often, and then you hit him where you want. Obviously guns/bow can hit whatever though, sticky especially if you feel that even aiming is too much of a hassle. I like playing sticky but it has to be the dumbest thing in Iceborne.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I must praise capcon for awewome fight with new brachy. I havent defeated it yet, but im at awe with how good the battle during the lava section. The fight starts with normal version, but as it reaches the floor lava section the music changes into choir. It is basically a dark soul level of musicality

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I must praise capcon for awewome fight with new brachy. I havent defeated it yet, but im at awe with how good the battle during the lava section. The fight starts with normal version, but as it reaches the floor lava section the music changes into choir. It is basically a dark soul level of musicality
I've been fighting Brachy a lot and having a great time.

I haven't fought Rajang once yet. I hate his normal form, and I'm scared.

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Finally defeated RagiBrachy for the first time thanks to a great team of randos!

And I got two reactors!

Thanks RNGesus!

Now to FuriRaji

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
How do layered weapons work? Is it only available for the bone weapons or something?
First phase yeah. Second phase comes in april and will have more choices but I think it's not the finalized version still. Think of layered armors and how they dripfed them, it makes "content" for free basically. If on PC just mod the weapon, on consoles well just have to wait until they finish patching in all that stuff.