• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
After countless of hours in the GL and temp elders investigations i finally completed all optional quests around MR 244.
We run this town is such a nice and fun quest.
You get the research commision ticket+ for doing it and its actually lots of fun fighting tigrex, nargacuga, Zinogre, Brachydios and Glavenus back to back in such a short time.
Beats the all optional quest from World vanilla hands down for me.
Is there a reward for completing all of them? Like the rainbow pigment in world.

Sep 23, 2019
Is there a reward for completing all of them? Like the rainbow pigment in world.
Nah just the quest.
Then a pendant reward for completing that quest and then another pendant after speaking to the field team leader again.
No new armor pigment of that sort.
But the quest and the ticket reward are already worth it to do all optional quests.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
anyone else made their rooms public ? do other players enter your domain when you are there etc?
Qek9New.png
Mine is public but I don't think there is a way to know if others visited it.
I've visited two other rooms, one of them had no customization whatsoever with everything being in its default state except the music player. It didn't even have any pets placed nor aquarium fish present.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
MHW_tiers.png

The official, indisputable tier list.

This is based solely on how fun they are to fight, not on how cool they look or their designs (otherwise Namielle would be S-tier, for example).

Things I would move for my tier is Radobaan (C), Uragaan (B), Barioth (A), Brachydios (B), Teostra (A), Kirin (B lol), B.Tigrex (B), C.Pukei (C), Kushala Daora (Z).

I still can't believe they made fking Yian Garuga fun to fight lol.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
MHW_tiers.png

This is based solely on how fun they are to fight, not on how cool they look or their designs (otherwise Namielle would be S-tier, for example).

Mine would look a bit different, namely everything shaped like a Kushala would be all the way at the bottom along with him. I'm only MR95 but I'm optimistic about Ruiner, original Nerg mainly annoyed me because his spikes mechanic was frustrating in duos thanks to scaling. Also the incredibly stupid hitboxes on that AOE move he uses when all his spikes are hardened. And I think both those problems are solved with Ruiner/Iceborne?

But yeah I'd rather do literally anything in MH than fight those assholes. I don't even mind Kirin since I just bring a gun, but meleeing it sucks. The degree to which I was forced to repeat them in base World is what made me stop playing that game and hopefully I don't have to spend a ton of time on them once I unlock tempered elder stuff in Iceborne. If so I'll just clean up the last few fights I haven't done (gold/silver, kulve, behemoth) and call it until the next game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Brachydios deserve to be in the same shit tier as Kushala, Kirin and Lunastra if you ask me...

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
MHW_tiers.png

Kulve in A tier is a crime against gachamanity.

8d25ff04-93f1-4613-9d23-dc287aa3db22.png

Mine isn't based on how fun it is to fight them but based on science.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
So I wanna start gunlancing but I don't have a capacity decoration. What would be the most efficient way to get it in in the meantime? I feel like wasting my whole charm on it would be not good

Note, I'm good on Artillery, as I have 2 lvl 4 decs and a single dec, so I can use any zorah pieces to get Artillery 5

banter

Jan 12, 2018
MHW_tiers.png

Mostly good list. I'd move ruiner up to S and Velkhana down to B, sure she has creative moves and is nice to look at but when she spams things over 10 times in a row, it's just fucking stupid. Gold rathian up to A. Shara up to A as well. Brute Tigrex up to A as well. Scarred Yian Garuga up to S. And Zorah should be in fuck you because it's such a stupid fucking non-fight. Add a spot for extreme behemoth in fuck you as well. Coral Pukei can come up to C, I think it's a decent fight.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So I wanna start gunlancing but I don't have a capacity decoration. What would be the most efficient way to get it in in the meantime? I feel like wasting my whole charm on it would be not good

Note, I'm good on Artillery, as I have 2 lvl 4 decs and a single dec, so I can use any zorah pieces to get Artillery 5

I use the capacity decoration in my gun Lance build but honestly just play without it. If you find one that's awesome but it's entirely unnecessary. Giving you an extra shell helps but it's not a make or break ability.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Capacity boost I feel like is not that useful for Long Gunlance. The only time you can empty all 4 clip using Charged shot is when the monster is incapacitated.

For Normal Gunlance, you only lose a bit of damage for Fullburst without Capacity boost. Its not really a big deal.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I'm surprised people don't like fighting Shrieking Legiana.That's my favorite fight so far alongside Nargacuga. I haven't finished the game tho,my next mission is blackveil Vaal Hazzak.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope they give us one of those quests for farming tier 2 and 3 investigations soon, there's a serious lack of those in iceborne and whenever one pops it gets filled immediately even if it's something dumb like a 1 faint lunastra for example.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm using the poison rapier in my SnS game. Been switching alot between poison and blast actually for all my quicker weapons. I get the most satisfaction out of this playstyle and i haven't looked at any numbers tbh, it just works well.
The Rath poison SnS has the highest raw damage aside from Rajang (which has negative affinity) so it a great weapon anyway.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine is public but I don't think there is a way to know if others visited it.
I've visited two other rooms, one of them had no customization whatsoever with everything being in its default state except the music player. It didn't even have any pets placed nor aquarium fish present.
Sounds like my place, I went to it day 1 before any hunts and not been in since.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Got some luck and managed to enter a GL Tempered Namielle party and did some of them. Other than the bone I have enough items for a fair bit of health augments lol

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So even in the wild Silver Rathalos is still an arena fight. Blegh. At least it's a place where other monsters don't venture.

I wish you could get rid of the terrain blocks in expeditions, because I need to scout for sliding spots. Already found two in the central area, but the more the merrier.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never done a Kulve Taroth hunt, everytime the event is running I join like 15+ online sessions labeled as hunting it, but every single one is a bunch randoms doing their own regular hunts.

I hope they never add another monster like it.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I have never done a Kulve Taroth hunt, everytime the event is running I join like 15+ online sessions labeled as hunting it, but every single one is a bunch randoms doing their own regular hunts.

I never really understood why it had to be the 16 player siege thing. It could have easily worked just as well as a normal special assignment or event since each hunt was only 4 player anyways.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

I tried it solo in MHW, got tired of replaying that mission over and over with small progress until I dropped it completely.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I never really understood why it had to be the 16 player siege thing. It could have easily worked just as well as a normal special assignment or event since each hunt was only 4 player anyways.
I just played it with my normal group. Four of us could complete the full fight in maybe 3-4 runs if you know what you're doing with bombardier, part breaker etc. We got great stuff at the time. Haven't been back since Iceborne though.

I really liked it but I'd hate to play it with randoms....

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
going back to the lures..

Joined a low level random GL and while I went off to try and solo a Tempered Rathalos the leader lured out a Brute Tigrex and while they broke a part off, a Blackveil Vaal Lure popped up ?

Brute Tigrex wasn't tempered..
TvLHPII.png

oops, edit with correct img
MU2UQix.png

Also made a spreadsheet on docs but don't know the best way of sharing it on here and keeping it hidden only for era members to edit as well?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I had all the mats for the complete Silverlos set, aside from 6 more wings. The previous four hunts only yielded 3 wings, so I figured it was going to take a while.

But sometimes the game throws you a bone.

monsterhunterworld_ic9ujp4.jpg

Mar 22, 2019
Beat the main story - final boss battles were surprisingly easy and the final one was laughable.
Is it worth buying Iceborne now or wait till Black Friday for a sale?

Does it have a worthwhile story...the thought of just grinding monsters now for better armour isnt that appealing (as much ad i love this game).

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Looking through the HR armor sets and man, I hope the next update includes all the remaining ones, including the ED sets. HR Vaal still looks so good and I miss my Kulve Taroth look.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Is anyone available to help me clear Blackveil Vaal tonight? Have the night free (so maybe 2-3 hours of gaming time) and hoping to clear Vaal and at least Namielle tonight.

Can be available from about 7-10pm PST.

Thanks,

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the main story - final boss battles were surprisingly easy and the final one was laughable.
Is it worth buying Iceborne now or wait till Black Friday for a sale?

Does it have a worthwhile story...the thought of just grinding monsters now for better armour isnt that appealing (as much ad i love this game).

Wait for sale. Story is kinda throwaway just like base game's.

-----

Finally tried Rajang with melee weapon. Someone a few pages back mentioned how Rajang is not good fight (compared to old Rajang at least), I agree. His moves are really random and the whole instant turn->charge is old world Garuga tier bullshit.