• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
That doesn't work in normal quests since when you drop or get kicked, it still counts the spot as filled. My guess is they are one of the people who mistakenly believe cap and kill rewards are different, and they wanted to kill instead of cap. Lots of people don't know that the rewards are identical from cap and kill, but cap gets you more rewards.
Didn't think of that. You're probably right.

In other news, the Steamworks is just a waste of electricity. I wedge the trigger down and go make a snack.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I visit other players in the GL from time to time but why do you suggest this? isn't it the same? Whatever I do on other player's GL it levels or delevel my own map.
Because leveling up all areas in your GL to fight those monsters will take a long time, where as, you only need to fight each monster just once in GL to be able to craft their mats when ever you need some. So it's way faster to just search for a GL SOS with level 7 Rotter if you want to fight a Tempered Brute Tigrex than it would take to actually level up your Rotten GL to level 7.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Because leveling up all areas in your GL to fight those monsters will take a long time, where as, you only need to fight each monster just once in GL to be able to craft their mats when ever you need some. So it's way faster to just search for a GL SOS with level 7 Rotter if you want to fight a Tempered Brute Tigrex than it would take to actually level up your Rotten GL to level 7.

Oh I get the reasoning and it's true but I like do it myself because it feels like I'm progressing, I take the GL as part of the main path of the game and I have fun just trying to mantain all levels and reaching the top with a "new" monster as a reward. That's why when I saw a Lunastra in an SOS I was tempted to fight her but then I felt that I wanted her to show in my game first so I didn't.

Just a code I have lol.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Zero Weakness Exploit or Crit Boost ?
Resentment ? Why not Agitator instead ?
What exactly is the purpose of this build ?
To be an allround build. I literally said that.

The resentment is there because it comes with Goldian's arms, so I figured to build on it instead of going for an half-assed Resentment/Agitator mix.

Maybe I should have been clearer about this, but this is simply a build that combines both Divine Blessing 5 and Health Boost 3 with my favorite skills (Speed Eating 3, Affinity Slider, Airbone, Partbreaker) that I can use by default and works against every monster. It isn't optimal, nor is it meant to be.

Seriously.

The nerg weapons are capped on sharpness with a ton of white, yet they chose a piece with +2 handicraft that is completely wasted.

What does constitution even get you on a hammer build?

Why roll resentment if you are also running free meal and speed eating all on top of divine blessing? Those 3 skills imply you will be topping health frequently and get no use out of resentment.

It all just very unfocused.
I addressed the Handicraft 2 bit in a later post I think. I know it's a waste, but I like the look of the Savage Jho helmet too much to drop it.

Constitution reduces fixed stamina depletion, for example rolling.

Speed Eating simply allows me to heal in an instant. Health Boost and Divine Blessing ensure I don't need to heal as often as normal, which allows for more Resentment uptime. I admit I was a bit worried these skills wouldn't interact well, but in practice it hasn't been a problem.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I thought my build was great before but some of those level 4 decorations are gamechangers:

microsoftedge10_18_20kekcq.png

(For some reason I could not get the Hasten Recovery skill that's built into the Soulfire Lash "Ruin" to show up, but it's there in-game)

At this point I'm just trying to find a way to fit Steadfast level 3 in there somewhere. I'm torn between that skill and keeping Recovery Speed level 3.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Started looking into a more comfy build for CB because I'm dying too much to some of the tempered GL monsters. Shoutout to Bessy67 for this set that I used as a base. Switch the chest for Damascus B+ and with some not terribly hard to get charms and you can fit in all of the main CB skills (Artillery 3, Focus 3, Cap Up), the main DPS skills, and all of the QoL skills you could reasonably want. Only thing I'm missing is Geologist to help with the GL.

Divine Blessing 5 feels like cheating sometimes. I need to be careful or else I'll just start trying to face-tank everything.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Divine Blessing 5 feels like cheating sometimes. I need to be careful or else I'll just start trying to face-tank everything.

I just crafted a lvl 3 Divine Blessing charm last night and it feels like it's all I'll ever need defensively.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was trying to do a monster tier yesterday and I failed because I couldn't decide on my favourites/least favourites. Later I realized that my monster tier list was actually based on "which monster has the coolest song?" so I might be better off making a soundtrack tier list lol.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get Shadowcores from Guiding Lands or is it just from Investigations?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm jealous, you guys have amazing lv4 decos :l

Also failed a teo investigation with 4 gold rewards with a 20 minute timer twice. Had about 3 minutes left when he went to sleep and still failed it.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'm jealous, you guys have amazing lv4 decos :l

Right? Some truly powerful stuff, I do have some cool things as well but I probably have no idea or patience to mix them well enough lol.

However, I'm particular in the sense that I like to use complete sets of gear of each monster and I like to use them all so I have like 10 tabs of loadouts filled with each monster set tagged to fight up to three specific monster (with different configurations for each).

What I mean is, I don't like to use an armor made of different monsters parts even if it's the most practical thing.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I just crafted a lvl 3 Divine Blessing charm last night and it feels like it's all I'll ever need defensively.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was trying to do a monster tier yesterday and I failed because I couldn't decide on my favourites/least favourites. Later I realized that my monster tier list was actually based on "which monster has the coolest song?" so I might be better off making a soundtrack tier list lol.
Divine Blessing Charm is really inefficient now that it comes in tier 4 gems.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Got all of the photos done.

Thank God you don't need to get them all perfect to get the trophy. I'm not sure how you're supposed to get gold on some of them.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I am at the point I'm building niche gun builds. I'm trying to make normal 3 work for me dammit

Also, going back to my early end game sets and realizing how out of date defensively, and more importantly decoration wise they are. It's fun updating them because its the kind of growth that's normally spread out over several hours inside of a few minutes.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Even with all the upgraded weapons and armor? I figured tempered behemoth would be much easier to do now. I want that layered armor.
It's very hard to die, and you can claw on and soften parts. It's a much easier fight. Then the Ecliptic Meteor comes and some rando gets hit, again, and it's all over.

I did three attempts today and no one died from Behemoth's regular attacks. All three attempts ended with some fool trying to LOS the monster instead of the place the meteor was about to strike.

edit: I did regular Behemoth solo. It's a pain in the ass because all the tornadoes are spawning on you, but it's doable.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Also , where do i craft layered armor? I have finished the main campaign, but it seems i cant find a way to craft layered armor

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I might be in the minority , but I love fighting Shara solo , 100% guaranteed facebreaks and it just feels so calm playing it alone not worrying about people using rocksteady and dying to the beam :P

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Is the Zino HBG that op for real? And how hard is it to pick up HBG. I want to farm decos and if it's that deadly I'd love to try it for farming.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I might be in the minority , but I love fighting Shara solo , 100% guaranteed facebreaks and it just feels so calm playing it alone not worrying about people using rocksteady and dying to the beam :P

Naw you are alone. It's pretty much impossible to break Shara head in MP unless you have one or two Bowgunner spamming Sticky.

I did some Shara hunt for fun last night and shoot SOS flare. Each of the randoms carted once (all to the hyperbeam), thankfully one of them have Felyne Safeguard (kinda like Insurance ?). Don't understand why people won't sacrifice a bit of DPS for Mirewalker and/or Stun Resist.