• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Starting to feel like no one plays this game at the lower levels, there are never any quests posted for low rank missions at all and no one ever joins any quests I post either. I don't think I've played with any other folks even once in the full game, just in the demos.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Starting to feel like no one plays this game at the lower levels, there are never any quests posted for low rank missions at all and no one ever joins any quests I post either. I don't think I've played with any other folks even once in the full game, just in the demos.
I joined a few high rank missions today because there's a trophy for helping at lower levels. It's never even occurred to me to check low rank but I should do that. So should everyone working on the trophy!

Although I'm never sure how people feel about massively overpowered players joining. It's fun with a team of equals and not always fun when the scary Anjanath gets blown up in five seconds.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. But he provides only two skins. I thought the update said they added more new layered armors???

You can unlock 2 head gear and the sauna outfit for master rank as well. Hopefully they will add to it soon but in the meantime the layered armors they added are in low/high rank on the other tab because those are the models it's based on.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
You can unlock 2 head gear and the sauna outfit for master rank as well. Hopefully they will add to it soon but in the meantime the layered armors they added are in low/high rank on the other tab because those are the models it's based on.
I think i have two headgear skins: one is an eyepatch, the other a pair of glasses. But the sauna armor is not listed yet

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. But he provides only two skins. I thought the update said they added more new layered armors???

Not sure but you probably need to fight Guiding Lands monster to unlock their layered set ?

Also you can switch to Low Rank/High Rank tab to craft Layered sets from base game (unless your original question specifically refer to MR Layered armor ?).

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Not sure but you probably need to fight Guiding Lands monster to unlock their layered set ?

Also you can switch to Low Rank/High Rank tab to craft Layered sets from base game (unless your original question specifically refer to MR Layered armor ?).
Im not sure what guiding light is, but is that where you fight ishvalda?

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Took me a while to find randos to kill ancient leshen , found a good team and killed extreme moth first try , woo finally killed every monster in the game.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got matched with a good team and took down xtremoth, bastard is pretty though even with mr gear.

ubCvcC6.jpg

Also I think I finally got the hang of the jump.

ROAKowI.gif

rahji

Oct 25, 2017

I do low rank quests as well and I regularly send a SOS to play with other players. You can also hit me up directly. Yesterday I saw my first legiana so I am not too far into the game.

I joined a few high rank missions today because there's a trophy for helping at lower levels. It's never even occurred to me to check low rank but I should do that. So should everyone working on the trophy!

Although I'm never sure how people feel about massively overpowered players joining. It's fun with a team of equals and not always fun when the scary Anjanath gets blown up in five seconds.

Yeah when I send an SOS yesterday for my legiana hunt a dude came in who shredded the monster in minutes and it felt like I did nothing. I redid the fight to get a feel for fighting against it. And the armor looks really cool.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I do low rank quests as well and I regularly send a SOS to play with other players. You can also hit me up directly. Yesterday I saw my first legiana so I am not too far into the game.

Yeah when I send an SOS yesterday for my legiana hunt a dude came in who shredded the monster in minutes and it felt like I did nothing. I redid the fight to get a feel for fighting against it. And the armor looks really cool.
It's relatively rare for someone who has spent a long time playing to respond a Low Rank SOS because of two reasons.

One, Low Rank isn't really that long compared to High Rank, so not many quests are posted and consequently not many people will be looking for them when searching SOS (you have to chose either of the ranks when searching).

Two, as you said, it feels like your are crashing the party of someone and taking away all the fun they were having. That's why, the very few times I respond to LR SOS, I wear an armor that is geared 100% for support and bring a Hunting Horn so most of my time is spent healing, buffing and sometimes going for a KO or paralyzing the monster instead of going for damage. Typically, this would not be the right way to play the Hunting Horn but in this instance it's the best way to not ruin their experience while still helping.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Joining randoms in low/high rank missions with MR gear is the most fun in this game. Just being a hero and saving people is my highlight.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this as I'm still in the base game. I'm new to MH and I'm about to go to the Everstream. I'm curious about what are the best charms. I'm mostly a switch axe user. Should I focus on obtaining and upgrading Attack Boost? Evasion? Power Prolonger? Something else? I'd really appreciate any advice.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i need to stop posting 1 faint tempered investigations. I know they will most likely fail but the thrill is too much.

I don't know what it is but I've always loved to do these investigations. The fact that in one death you fail makes the fight a bit more challenging but in the end it all comes down to being cautious with you moves. Doing these I just put the Palico on traps or Shield for elders and when in Elder's Recess I get a Galajaka for their bombs and its a smooth ride.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this as I'm still in the base game. I'm new to MH and I'm about to go to the Everstream. I'm curious about what are the best charms. I'm mostly a switch axe user. Should I focus on obtaining and upgrading Attack Boost? Evasion? Power Prolonger? Something else? I'd really appreciate any advice.
How do your hunts go? Do you die? Get something defensive like divine blessing. Do you have to sharpen often? Get handicraft or speed sharpening. Are you an untouchable god who wants to kill faster, get that attack boost one.

Preventing stuns is a good one. Most of my carts are after a stun.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uh, just fought Silverlos in GL who summoned Goldian for help as soon as she spawned on the map. She would leave after a while, but he would instantly call her back... It was Hell.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I thought it was tempered elders as well but....

X8RAUqe.png

YkqZ2uh.png

I'm really surprised how fast HR49 Kirin crawls back to it's sleeping den when the skull looms.
It makes sense given they're both threat level 3. I bet you can get them from tempered Seething Bazel and Savage Jho as well.

Speaking of which, is tempered Savage Jho just as insane as tempered normal Jho was in base World? He spawned in my GL yesterday (together with a tempered Diablos...) and I didn't have the balls to challenge him.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
It makes sense given they're both threat level 3. I bet you can get them from tempered Seething Bazel and Savage Jho as well.

Speaking of which, is tempered Savage Jho just as insane as tempered normal Jho was in base World? He spawned in my GL yesterday (together with a tempered Diablos...) and I didn't have the balls to challenge him.
He is, I fought him on my GL with a group the other day and he was carting us left and right.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Generally you use charms to cover up skills that are hard for you to get on your armor or decorations.

Most people get Handicraft, Eardrums, Focus, Agitator (Challenger), Stamina Surge etc. Its generally build dependent.

Just make sure that you have stuff like Critical Eye, Weakness exploit maxed out first and then worry about critical boost, agitator, attack boost and your weapon sharpness requirements. After that go for the weapon specific ones like Focus, Power Prolonger and Stamina Surge... then go for the utility/defensive ones Eardrums, Health Boost, Divine Blessing and Evasive.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, just fought Silverlos in GL who summoned Goldian for help as soon as she spawned on the map. She would leave after a while, but he would instantly call her back... It was Hell.
I've still never fought Silver and Gold at the same time. Not even in the MR125 quest, no matter how long it takes me to kill Gold.

Given how much trouble I have with just one of them, fighting both at the same time sounds like the worst.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
My god, Tempered Kushala+Tempered BV Fart Hazak quest took me 42 minutes because Kushala is such a piece of shit monster (took me frikking 26 minutes)

You would think after the feedback from base game, they would reduce the frequency of the shitty Tornado attack and give him new, non-annoying moveset to compensate. But no, not only they increase the frequency, the new moveset literally tied to the Tornado.

I'll take Lunastra over Kushala anyday.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Finally started doing tempered investigations last night and jesus the hunts only last about 10 minutes. Big big difference in skill level between people doing reg hunts and going for decos.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My god, Tempered Kushala+Tempered BV Fart Hazak quest took me 42 minutes because Kushala is such a piece of shit monster (took me frikking 26 minutes)

You would think after the feedback from base game, they would reduce the frequency of the shitty Tornado attack and give him new, non-annoying moveset to compensate. But no, not only they increase the frequency, the new moveset literally tied to the Tornado.

I still have to do that one. Already dreading it tbh....

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

I refuse to fight Kushala with anything other than Zin HBG. It's still a complete slog, but at least I'll die less often and get to do some actual damage in the handfuls of openings that it gives you.

Everything about Kushala just makes me mad that it got to be a flagship and Teostra didn't. Teostra's one of the best fights in this game, whereas Kushala's always been terrible.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
It's relatively rare for someone who has spent a long time playing to respond a Low Rank SOS because of two reasons.

One, Low Rank isn't really that long compared to High Rank, so not many quests are posted and consequently not many people will be looking for them when searching SOS (you have to chose either of the ranks when searching).

Two, as you said, it feels like your are crashing the party of someone and taking away all the fun they were having. That's why, the very few times I respond to LR SOS, I wear an armor that is geared 100% for support and bring a Hunting Horn so most of my time is spent healing, buffing and sometimes going for a KO or paralyzing the monster instead of going for damage. Typically, this would not be the right way to play the Hunting Horn but in this instance it's the best way to not ruin their experience while still helping.

I joined a low rank once and it was like that but in Final Fantasy 7 when Sephiroth helps you out in a fight.
It feels cool to do once, but it's really just like a cheat mode.
I'll join high rank occasionally but there seem to be few quests posted.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I just can't get a successful mount on Teostra. The game does not allow it.

My latest four attempts:
1. Blastblight triggers mid-mount
2. Blastblight triggers mid-mount
3. Teostra falls down before I can deal the big, final blow
4. I randomly get thrown off mid-mount despite being at full stamina and wearing Fireproof mantle (so no blastblight explosion this time).

The last one was especially baffling and honestly exemplary of the way the computer screws you over in Master Rank.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Join the sticky ammo brigade. They pierce through the wind to stick and explode for flat damage that's easy to max 75% to the cap before you eat buffs. All you need is to set up your quick selection to quickly craft more ammo between reloads.

Strafing while reloading and firing make dodging all of his moves very very easy.

Gyga_bite

Jan 29, 2019
Do you guys just stick to one weapon because it does good damage or do you choose the weapon based on the weakness?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys just stick to one weapon because it does good damage or do you choose the weapon based on the weakness?
Depends on the weapon.

Raw based melee weapons like GS you can bring whatever to any fight. You will do around the same damage to all fights.

With weapons that use elemental attacks mainly? Definitely bring counter weapons.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Weakness and comfort. Thunder weakness means alot less on narga and tigrex for example than on velkhana who a shot through the wings with RF fire from LBG can easily do 250+ with RF.
Meanwhilee, depending on how it pierces, I'm lucky to get hit 150 on narga/Tig on anything but shots straight down the middle which is hard to do, especially in multiplayer. The two of them move so much, I would probay prefer to go a HBG with shield or sticky for KO if playing in multi.

At a certain amount of playtime, you start to have sets for specific monsters because rotating the same 5 sets for hundreds of hours is no fun

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That poor, poor GL Paolumu. Spawned together with Savage Jho in the Coral region. I was able to collects 7 Paolumu shiny drops from the fights they got into. Then Jho left the locale and Rajang immediately spawned in its place.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
So like, imagine this.

200 hp. 20 ice elemental resist. Using a bow which means extra elemental defense. Wearing ice proof mantle plus.

And yet Guiding Land's Velkhana Temper's ice laser breath STILL killed me in ONE SHOT.

I mean, that kinda damage seems incredibly unfair, ain't it? :/

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Encountered my first diablos and he is still not fun to fight. He already was one of my least favorite monsters in tri ultimate. Despite his size he is quick and he can almost oneshot me with the burrow attack. The face horns protect him very well because they take ages to destroy.