• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone done the math on what armor set is most optimal for elemental charge blades?

Element acceleration
True element acceleration
Masters touch
True critical element

It seems that most recently in speed run videos, I've been seeing people use masters touch over true element for elemental CBs and I just want to know if new math was done.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone done the math on what armor set is most optimal for elemental charge blades?

Element acceleration
True element acceleration
Masters touch
True critical element

It seems that most recently in speed run videos, I've been seeing people use masters touch over true element for elemental CBs and I just want to know if new math was done.

It's usually either 2pc or 4pc Namielle with Damascus chest.

i haven't seen any speedruns with Master's Touch but I have seen some with True Crit Ele + Savage Axe but I don't like Savage Axe so I haven't been paying alot of attention to those.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I fought a Glavenus in the GL, cut his tail and got like five tail rewards.
Fought like five Dodogamas, cut his tail everytime, none, zero lashes and I need just one.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I fought a Glavenus in the GL, cut his tail and got like five tail rewards.
Fought like five Dodogamas, cut his tail everytime, none, zero lashes and I need just one.
That's because those Glavenous rewards aren't the tail rewards, they are the GL exclusive reward for Glavenous (it's always a a smoldering tail).

GLs are terrible for farming actual monster parts, you want to run an investigation for that. GLs are for GL specific mats only.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Finally made the zinogre HBG and I...don't get it. I used the poverty build because my decos suck and I am tapping fools. No damage no nothing with spread 3. I followed the build to a t. They said it wrecks with no decos. Oh well

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally made the zinogre HBG and I...don't get it. I used the poverty build because my decos suck and I am tapping fools. No damage no nothing with spread 3. I followed the build to a t. They said it wrecks with no decos. Oh well

I can confirm it still wrecks without having the correct decos. What's the problem exactly?

Critical Eye
Weakness Exploit

Should still be priorities at first and easily gotten even without good decos.

Otherwise it's as easy as not attacking when the monster attacks to block and then just shotgunning them do death.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Certain monsters you need to tenderize first for normal dmg cause they have no weakpoints like namielle is shit with most gun ammos until tenderize.
Don't forget the hbg custom mods. Just saying cause I once forgot to put in the 4 close ranged mods on finishing the clutch HBG build and it was like close to
200 dmg difference. On average you should hit 25-33 per pellet buffed with just (normal)demondrug and food with L attack depending on the monster.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

I'm still kinda shy to take it out for a spin in parties because I'm not use to HBGs
jUmMF5q.gif

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I wish she was more like Teo, who is always down to chill and catch up while enjoying a moonlit Wildspire night.

monsterhunterworld_icn5k9i.jpg

"She did how many Supernovas per minute? You're right, I should go talk with her. This isn't cool."

Ha ha. Rename him 'Mufasa'.

Is no one playing on ERA squad anymore ?

Logged in right now and no one playing (again), and typically in sunday morning here the room is fairly populated.

Or is my connection broken ?

This is what happened to the previous Era squad in the base game. It just seems to empty out over time until no one goes there anymore. Although there's usually still one or two people when I've logged in.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
That's because those Glavenous rewards aren't the tail rewards, they are the GL exclusive reward for Glavenous (it's always a a smoldering tail).

GLs are terrible for farming actual monster parts, you want to run an investigation for that. GLs are for GL specific mats only.

Yeah I know, is the worst place to farm but I'm too lazy to drop an investigation for Dodo, it's silly because I've been playing lot's of different things to farm but I always forget about him and when I do remember I'm on the GL trying my luck.

While I write this I think I have some cool investigations with multiple monsters with Dodogama in it, I'll check it out.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Also, is AT Xeno even capable of dropping its horn? I've broken its head four times and I've gotten just as many Veils as a reward. According to the monster log that shouldn't even be possible.

Unless you need to break it twice like Shara.
The only way I was able to get horns from xeno is by returning from the quest immediately after I broke them otherwise they'd get replaced by veils and other useless parts.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to high rank finally! Captured the first pukei-pukei on high rank and it seems to be a different level.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Is no one playing on ERA squad anymore ?

Logged in right now and no one playing (again), and typically in sunday morning here the room is fairly populated.

Or is my connection broken ?
The squad is indeed emptier than it was the first month. There's a few people, you included, that I'll meet often but most members seem to never bother.
As has been said, people might be playing newer games and only returning for events or new monsters.
There's also the fact that being from different time-zones doesn't help. I hardly ever meet people from America unless they decide to play in the morning.
Additionally, in my case, this week has been kind of hectic in Catalonia so I have spent very little time playing.
All in all, systems like squads have this weakness of needing a critical mass and people keep using it if they see others there but as soon as people feel that there's no point because they hardly ever find anyone they stop using it making the problem worse.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
It's usually either 2pc or 4pc Namielle with Damascus chest.

i haven't seen any speedruns with Master's Touch but I have seen some with True Crit Ele + Savage Axe but I don't like Savage Axe so I haven't been paying alot of attention to those.
Like below, I see Master's Touch and True Crit, both by different speedrunners. I'm curious to know what is TRULY the most optimal set and optimal way to play PEP CB in IB.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
The sqaud system is so useless that I'm not surprised no uses it
I firmly disagree. The squad system makes it so easy to play with your friends. If they're not on, it starts the session so if they get on, they go right to your session. And if they're already on, you so straight to their session. The biggest problem with it, is getting it started and getting everyone into the squad.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finally was able to fully augment my Goldian LS. Went with health + affinity cause health 2 is only 1,5% more than health 1. Not worth it.

Also, noticed you can take out your augments and get all the items back. That's.... pretty generous coming from this game and it's grindy nature.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
if anyone wants a support SnS build with all of the skills maxed the one i use is

Soulfire Barb "Styx"
-Vitality Jewel 1
-Medicine Jewel 1

Rex Roar Helm A+
-Gobbler Jewel 1

Rex Roar Mail B+
-Expert Jewel+ 4
-Crisis Jewel 1

Rex Roar Braces B+
-Satiated/Expert Jewel 4

Rex Roar Coil B+
-Gobbler/Expert Jewel 4

Garuga Greaves B+
-Satiated/Expert Jewel 4
-Tenderizer Jewel 2
-Gobbler Jewel 1

Friendship Charm V

sets with only like 2 points in it but not maxed are absolutely disgusting in my opinion. you could make one better i think without maxing gobbler and putting in like crit boost or something else but then it would be ugly and i find sets like these more satisfying

Skills:
Attack Boost 7
Critical Eye 7
Wide-Range 5
Health Boost 3
Recovery Up 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Free Meal (Secret) 3
Speed Eating 3
Razor Sharp/Spare Shot 1
Resuscitate 1

i hope this helps someone

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
I can confirm it still wrecks without having the correct decos. What's the problem exactly?

Critical Eye
Weakness Exploit

Should still be priorities at first and easily gotten even without good decos.

Otherwise it's as easy as not attacking when the monster attacks to block and then just shotgunning them do death.

What are you running ?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone wants a support SnS build with all of the skills maxed the one i use is

Soulfire Barb "Styx"
-Vitality Jewel 1
-Medicine Jewel 1

Rex Roar Helm A+
-Gobbler Jewel 1

Rex Roar Mail B+
-Expert Jewel+ 4
-Crisis Jewel 1

Rex Roar Braces B+
-Satiated/Expert Jewel 4

Rex Roar Coil B+
-Gobbler/Expert Jewel 4

Garuga Greaves B+
-Satiated/Expert Jewel 4
-Tenderizer Jewel 2
-Gobbler Jewel 1

Friendship Charm V

sets with only like 2 points in it but not maxed are absolutely disgusting in my opinion. you could make one better i think without maxing gobbler and putting in like crit boost or something else but then it would be ugly and i find sets like these more satisfying

Skills:
Attack Boost 7
Critical Eye 7
Wide-Range 5
Health Boost 3
Recovery Up 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Free Meal (Secret) 3
Speed Eating 3
Razor Sharp/Spare Shot 1
Resuscitate 1

i hope this helps someone

Hm... I will check this out.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Finally was able to fully augment my Goldian LS. Went with health + affinity cause health 2 is only 1,5% more than health 1. Not worth it.

Also, noticed you can take out your augments and get all the items back. That's.... pretty generous coming from this game and it's grindy nature.
It's super generous. I didn't even need to kill Tempered Namielle that much because I'm willing to go back to the Smithy to get my mats when I want to switch up weapons.

Note that you can't roll back slot augments which sucks when you're short on Great Spirit Gems and Tempered Rajang pelts.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Tried to solo EX Behemoth, but the tornadoes make it super frustrating. Furthest I got was phase 3 before I triple carted, but time would've run out anyway.

I'm gonna leave him alone for the rest of today, but if someone is interested in hunting him this week: let me know.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I made the rajang gunlance for the heck of it but I really haven't played gunlance much and I'm wondering how to build for it. If I'm planning to use full burst/shelling most of the time crit eye, WE and crit boost aren't that useful, right? Should I go with Zorah and get artillery 5, or is 3 good enough?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I made the rajang gunlance for the heck of it but I really haven't played gunlance much and I'm wondering how to build for it. If I'm planning to use full burst/shelling most of the time crit eye, WE and crit boost aren't that useful, right? Should I go with Zorah and get artillery 5, or is 3 good enough?

No. You need to go artillery 5. It's cheap and easy and because there are so few options to increase your dps when mainly shelling/sticky, not going 5 points is a waste honestly. Also, rajang is wide which means ideally you run poke shell, poke shell. Full burst is best for normal where you have 6 shells. The WSB is best put center mass so it's likely to be hit from any angle/the legs to help induce trips so it's easier to aim shells at for the bonus damage. Both those factors mean you won't be hitting weakspots, making WEx and crit boost a wash. Stacking Crit eye can ways be a gain and help with the negative affinity, but shouldnt be priority over getting your raw as high as it can which the rajang weapons all Excel at

It's best to go agitator, because flinch shots mean they are almost always in rage, then utility skills like evade extensor for your hips and 3 ranks of guard, cap boost etc

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to get critical/health and challenger/health decos from lv2 threat tempered monsters? I've done a lot and I pretty much just keep getting the same decos over and over.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's good to know that Bazel still sucks to fight with melee weapons in MR, just for completely different reasons.

18 min hunt where I didn't even cart to it, I just couldn't get any solid hits in. Every attack sent it flying 50 feet past me. Just beyond annoying.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
No idea if this has been brought up in this thread or not, but apprently the (geology? I think) skill that lets you carve extra works on certain monsters in the GL, maybe just ED/tempered. I haven't had a chance to test it myself.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
No idea if this has been brought up in this thread or not, but apprently the (geology? I think) skill that lets you carve extra works on certain monsters in the GL, maybe just ED/tempered. I haven't had a chance to test it myself.

Carve is a separate skill.

But your right that Geology let's you pick up the shinies they drop constantly twice, which can be huge and the difference between needing to go back and farm for a new weapon augment. Going in there without it is honestly a waste.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Carve is a separate skill.

But your right that Geology let's you pick up the shinies they drop constantly twice, which can be huge and the difference between needing to go back and farm for a new weapon augment. Going in there without it is honestly a waste.

Ah yeah that's what it is! Apparently even just 1 point is enough.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Ive been using but bowguns all day and man customizing that radial dial really helps stay in the fight (didn't use it before really and man that Shara LBG is one of the best guns in the game).

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
So how exactly do you fight Mr Tempered kushala with a melee weapon? I have windproof and I still bounce off of him. I literally can never get in an actual hit!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
What is so good about it? I have crafted it for its looks, but I have yet to use it, mostly because I am not sure what its strong points are.
Decent power + Stickies + Bunch of Status Ammo = probably the best(?) status LBG in the game.

For raw power Garuga and Rajang are better but Shara is really good with a decent team to take advantage of the cc it provides.