• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I wasn't playing for the last Siege, do these things work out where you need to specifically organize a group from somewhere online to have a chance? Or can you just join up with randos in your sessions Gathering Hub and it works out? I'm guessing there isn't a way to SOS into this?

No SOS... what Kulve had was, ideally, a full session of 16 people, and then each takes on the siege in groups of 4 together. However, you didn't have to do it this way and honestly, one group of 4 was usually good enough.

Just search for the monster in the "search online sessions" part. The good thing about the beginning though is that EVERYONE will be rubbish because we don't yet know how the siege mechanics work (fully). However, I do think it could be nice to have the first experience with pleasant ERA members! :-)

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I wasn't playing for the last Siege, do these things work out where you need to specifically organize a group from somewhere online to have a chance? Or can you just join up with randos in your sessions Gathering Hub and it works out? I'm guessing there isn't a way to SOS into this?
I spent 100+ hours doing the KT siege with randoms and I never ran into problems. Some groups were better than others, but even if you failed the hunt at level 4, the damage you did to KT would still translate into progress, bumping the siege to level 5 or 6 at which point it was almost trivial to break the horns.

That said, this time around I'd like to do some sieges with ERA members.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
What is the deal with randos joining my Guiding Lands session and quitting out after a minute. Had one player join it three times in half an hour. Are they sniping other people's sessions in hopes for a certain monster? It's annoying me more than it probably should.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
What is the deal with randos joining my Guiding Lands session and quitting out after a minute. Had one player join it three times in half an hour. Are they sniping other people's sessions in hopes for a certain monster? It's annoying me more than it probably should.
Probably, but it's a huge waste of time considering how long the guiding lands take to load.

I'm gonna miss both the start of the siege and also the game awards :(. It's gonna be hard to ignore all the people talking about the siege until tomorrow
Do we know how many hits it takes for the health regen to proc with LS?
6 hits to proc according to the last video of Cons OA.

Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WHEN DOES IT START I WANT TO HUNT IT

IVE PLAYED THE RECON MISSION SO MANY FKIN TIMES BRO PLEASE

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, alright, I'll join.

Name is Nacreous. Don't expect much chatter out of me, but I'll do my best regardless.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I don't get home until 3 hours from now, and that's not including the time it would take to update (if there was another one since last week).

But I'll check the session ID later on.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Jeez, I almost fucked it up for you guys. I could have sworn I was behind the rock on that first faint...

Oh well. Got a cool blast hammer out of it with Anjanath Dominance baked in. Excellent. Going to take a small break and then see if anyone is up for more sieges.

Were we the only group doing the siege in our hub?

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
That was a lot of fun. Really well played guys!

Jeez, I almost fucked it up for you guys. I could have sworn I was behind the rock on that first faint...

Oh well. Got a cool blast hammer out of it with Anjanath Dominance baked in. Excellent. Going to take a small break and then see if anyone is up for more sieges.

Were we the only group doing the siege in our hub?

I think we were. Seems like some people joined the session shortly but doesn't seem like they were enough to form a 2nd party :(

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Blast CB with Attack V. Awakened it a couple of times and got Teostra's Tech and another Attack V.

Life is good.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
So each set bonus skill on a weapon is just one point toward the bonus.

Gonna need to think this through. Which Teostra piece do I cut for something better?

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
That's a shame. At least it means the siege can actually be run relatively comfortably with just four people. We needed 3 x 20 minutes = an hour, which honestly isn't that bad considering the rewards (and how fun the siege is).

Yeah, might need a bit longer with randoms, but I think our 3 runs went relatively smooth.
I don't think I can stay for another run unfortunately though. Almost 3 AM here already :(

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So each set bonus skill on a weapon is just one point toward the bonus.
Kind of a shame, but understandable given how OP it would have been otherwise.

I upgraded my blast hammer with Tigrex Essence, Attack Up IV, Defense up V and Sharpness Increase II. Not a bad mix. Don't know if Tigrex Essence is worth it, but I feel it will at least come in handy during Safi runs.

Yeah, might need a bit longer with randoms, but I think our 3 runs went relatively smooth.
I don't think I can stay for another run unfortunately though. Almost 3 AM here already :(
Heh, same here. But I'm usually awake all night anyway.

Doesn't look like anyone is joining us, though, so I guess I'll just go watch the Game Awards. I can continue the siege tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll also be able to join the ERA squad soon. Who should I message about that again?

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I was just fighting Safi with some folks and at the very end he did his nuclear attack when there were no rocks anywhere that we could find and we all wiped. So that's great.