• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's impossible, the weapon change design at lvl 21, so it can't cap at 18. I think all weapons cap at 26, although it's meaningless anyways.
Yea I don't remember the number he said, I was too lost in all the possibilities for sets and weapons now. Mine certainly can't go any higher than 24. And yes, the level numbers are pretty meaningless

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
It doesn't seem like Teostra Technique on Safi weapons is worth it, at least on Hammer. I get way better output by using two Sharpness V's to ditch the Handicraft 4 Charm. I have Attack, CE, CB, WEX, Agitator, and Blast all maxed and I could fit PP 3 with better decos. I'm not sure what other skills I would benefit from by shaving off one piece of Teostra armor at the cost of an Attack V upgrade.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem like Teostra Technique on Safi weapons is worth it, at least on Hammer. I get way better output by using two Sharpness V's to ditch the Handicraft 4 Charm. I have Attack, CE, CB, WEX, Agitator, and Blast all maxed and I could fit PP 3 with better decos. I'm not sure what other skills I would benefit from by shaving off one piece of Teostra armor at the cost of an Attack V upgrade.
Teo's Tech on the weapon seems to only be worth it if you want another set bonus (usually Safi's).

Turns out armor pieces don't actually need great skills built in when the slots are good enough. Who knew?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Element goes great with master touch. Not to mention that teo armor is pretty good

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my issues with Safi stuff is that they give us a monster that gives you op stuff but don't give you quests that require you use that stuff.

Nov 7, 2017
Im gonna try a safi/gold rath set for divine 5 instead of masters touch. Sharp6/5 and attack555 sounds better to me than masters touch with longsword

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Teo's Tech on the weapon seems to only be worth it if you want another set bonus (usually Safi's).

Turns out armor pieces don't actually need great skills built in when the slots are good enough. Who knew?

It helps that Teo armor already has good base skills (CE, WEX). The only piece I wanted to strip out would be the arms, but as you said, the slots are pretty good. Plus the Blast skill actually works with the Shattercrusher. I do want to try and make Narga set bonus work on bowguns but most of them seem to need a capacity and deviation upgrade so I'm not sure if it will work out.
Im gonna try a safi/gold rath set for divine 5 instead of masters touch. Sharp6/5 and attack555 sounds better to me than masters touch with longsword
I actually have Vitality 3 on that set and could prob add Divine 3 with better decos or switching out Vitality.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Zq47Hgh.png

(Just imagine it's a Safi Lance with a bunch of purple, a bit of poison, a point in Teo's Tech, and 290 raw).

Furor/Vitality can be switched out for Ironwall+ to get Guard 5 or Furor+ for an extra 5 raw. Or switch the Vitalities to Crit Eyes so you can replace the Affinity Aug with a level 2 Attack aug (or just two Attack Boosts I guess). Can also trade a Furor for a Shield depending on the Monster.

Damn this is good.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
For charge blades users, the meta is shaking out to be: the awakening for status weapons should be 5x attack and for elemental weapons should be 5x elemental up.

For armor, the current MT armor works still for status weapons and 5pc Safi for elemental weapons.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
For charge blades users, the meta is shaking out to be: the awakening for status weapons should be 5x attack and for elemental weapons should be 5x elemental up.

For armor, the current MT armor works still for status weapons and 5pc Safi for elemental weapons.
For elemental, are the Safi weapons always the best choice regardless of element?

Because it'll take some work to top the Beo CB.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Just going full ham on Attack on Greatsword seems to be the way to go. You get 320 true raw with plenty of white sharpness. You can put in atk up IV charm instead of handicraft IV charm and deal equivalent or better damage.

It is equal or better than every single elemental greatsword that I use for my crit draw sets as well.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Damn, this one took a while. 5 runs...

I guess you really need an optimalized weapon spread to get the best reward level as a squad (or better yet, with multiple squads). It felt like we hardly broke any parts.

Also xEik, can I get a squad invite?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
For elemental, are the Safi weapons always the best choice regardless of element?

Because it'll take some work to top the Beo CB.
Unconfirmed still. Seems like testing is going on now in the mathalos nest.

But if you take the ice Safi CB and awaken only element and then do everything you would typically do for the beo, I think you end up with something around 850 - 900 element which is slightly less than the beo.

But Safi weapons have pretty good base atk and sharpness, so......it could be a wash?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
pray for all the tempered namielles that will be dying for their trancehides to augment safi weapons

Rip

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thanks, xEik!

I'm going to take a break and walk my dog, since there's just the three of us now. Like I said, though, I will be available for most of the night if people are needed for the siege.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I currently got a Paralysis Swaxe, and already awakened it a little bit (level 14). Not sure if I should stick with it or wait for a Blast Swaxe instead.

Also not sure what to think of the Safi LBGs. I got a frost one and while it has RF on frost ammo, it also has huge deviation, large recoil and slow reload, and you need at least three mods of each to bring them back to acceptable levels. I don't have the mats to check, but I hope these are things you can improve by awakening it further.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've fully awakened the Safi thunder bow with four Element V and one Element VI. Now to augment it and awaken the other bows.

I did the thunder bow first because it's a major upgrade over the Tobi bow, but the other ones are apparently only marginally better.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
When's the right time to jump during Ecliptic meteor? I'm not managing to pull it off.

Is it when Behemoth touches the ground? or when the meteor is about to crash? or is it before all that?

I'm doing it just before Behemoth touches the ground with his forearms.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
When's the right time to jump during Ecliptic meteor? I'm not managing to pull it off.

Is it when Behemoth touches the ground? or when the meteor is about to crash? or is it before all that?

I'm doing it just before Behemoth touches the ground with his forearms.
It's been a long time since I played that fight but I remember always looking for the meteor to drop. I never watched the behemoths animations as an indicator. I'd just see it coming down and do it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Any tips on how to maximize safi upgrade system ? Should I just store potential until I get great one ?
Naw. If an upgrade comes up that you want take it. You'll get better levels of it regardless if you're storing potential or not. The ones you have in place will get upgrade choices in your rolls. If you want to double up on something, for example attack, take any attack options available. Some rolls will offer upgrades to your already chosen attack mod, some will give you one as a fresh additional mod.
When choosing which weapon to go with, I find the best upgrade to start off with is the Monster Essence you desire. Those are randomly harder to come by when trying to target a specific one than all the other stat upgrades.

Last edited:

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Naw. If an upgrade comes up that you want take it. You'll get better levels of it regardless if you're storing potential or not.
When choosing which weapon to go with, I find the best upgrade to start off with is the Monster Essence you desire. Those are randomly harder to come by than all the other stat upgrades.

So if affinity level 1 came up I should grab it instead waiting for affinity level 4?

Can you replace the default skill ?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
It's been a long time since I played that fight but I remember always looking for the meteor to drop. I never watched the behemoths animations as an indicator. I'd just see it coming down and do it.

Alright, I'll try to focus on it and look for the right timing.

I never did the extreme Behemoth, the timing of his attacks are much shorter than regular and I wanna do for the layered armor but me and the randoms keep dying to ecliptic because we don't get enough time to run towards the comets.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So if affinity level 1 came up I should grab it instead waiting for affinity level 4?

Can you replace the default skill ?
Yup exactly. You can upgrade it, or even come across an entirely separate Affinity if you want to double it up. So just take the level 1 and it'll build up from there.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
You definitely want to use your weapon in siege runs, because each level it gets through actual use improves the skills you can get on it. I tried to improve my frost LBG, but only got 1 - 2 star skills for it, with the occasional 3 or 4 star skill with stored potential. My Swaxe on the other hand mostly gets 3 - 4 star skills even after using it during just one siege, and even 5 star skills even with just one or two levels of stored potential.

So basically using it on siege runs >>> storing potential when it comes to getting better skills.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
You definitely want to use your weapon in siege runs, because each level it gets through actual use improves the skills you can get on it. I tried to improve my frost LBG, but only got 1 - 2 star skills for it, with the occasional 3 or 4 star skill with stored potential. My Swaxe on the other hand mostly gets 3 - 4 star skills even after using it during just one siege, and even 5 star skills even with just one or two levels of stored potential.

So basically using it on siege runs >>> storing potential when it comes to getting better skills.
They're the same really, using the weapon on a seige just saves you the dracolite. You just got better rolls on the SA than the LBG.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Any tips for breaking safi's wings?
Edit: we just broke both of them and didn't get a single one as reward, fml.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Whew, got a full set of Safi armor. As for weapons, I'm good with the blast hammer I got, but I'd like to swap my fire HH for a blast or poison one. Plus there are several other weapons I want at least one fully awakened version of. So I guess I'll be doing sieges until the deadline ends...

For some reason I can't grind these sieges as well as I could with KT. Something about the environment and the constant orchestral bombing makes it hard to do multiple sieges back to back.

Any tips for breaking safi's wings?
From what I've read on Reddit it generally shouldn't be a problem with IG vaulting or focused bowgun fire. I guess the damage threshold for breaking them is lower than other parts because they can't be softened.

That said, I haven't actually been in a siege where we managed to break the wings, so this is all hearsay.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Para IG and Dragon CB fully awakened, Safi set B acquired. Now I Just need to farm the grinding lands for augment materials.

I feel like the Safi weapons need at least 1x Sharpness V for them to not be a nuisance.