• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a Guiding Lands tutorial? I just want to fight Zinogre but I can't make the fanged wyvern meter increase at all.

EDIT: The tutorial says:

"Slay or capture large monsters, and examine signs of turf wars to discover special tracks of the same species." I killed a Great Girros (fanged wyvern) and the meter did not budge.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So with the new changes, for LS is now better to use elementals instead of raw+elementless?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a good tutorial on how to effectively use the grappling claw?

Only fought a couple of monsters so far but I'm curious on how the different grappling attacks work (flinch, claw attack, etc).

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good tutorial on how to effectively use the grappling claw?

Only fought a couple of monsters so far but I'm curious on how the different grappling attacks work (flinch, claw attack, etc).

The armory dude gives you a 1 Star optional quest that serves as a tutorial for the claw.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The armory dude gives you a 1 Star optional quest that serves as a tutorial for the claw.

Name of the quest? Just want to make sure if I didn't accept it already. I'm at that stage where I'm overwhelmed by all the new features and quests typical of an expansion.

Edit: found it, thanks.

Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LOL, I don't know who hoofay is but if you had posted an open quest for 4 players instead of limited to 1 I would have joined you when I went out of the Smithy.
Friendly reminder that, with the new scaling, a player joining your quest and only being two hunters no longer destroys your group's damage output.
It's a shame that being in a menu blocks notifications of players entering the hub or posting missions.
Theres a little bell that plays when someone posts a quest even when im in menu

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Jagras GS still the best then? I'm guessing the Master one still has a tone of decoration slots.
No but it's a great mid game option. From the GS's I have seen so far, the Acidic Glavenus one seems to be the best but I haven't seen them all yet. Also we haven't really experimented overall with damage, elements and skills in Iceborne yet so what's the best could change on a day by day basis. When I say "best" I mean having the best Raw value.

And Jagras GS wasn't the best in base game either, it was the Wyvern Ignition.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Deviljho was the first additional monster last year right? I have rare 8 and 7 armor set and yet this thing 2(and sometime 1) shots me

I'm not ready for Iceborne/master rank am I

35.gif

InfiniteCats

Oct 25, 2017
Deviljho was the first additional monster last year right? I have rare 8 and 7 armor set and yet this thing 2(and sometime 1) shots me

35.gif
Master rank essentially resets armor progress. MR bone armor has like 50% higher def than endgame HR armor. Just grind some early quests.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Theres a little bell that plays when someone posts a quest even when im in menu
There's so much ambient noise at the smithy that I might have missed it. I will try to keep an ear for it.

35.gif
If you beat Xeno, you can gather bones or minerals in the expansion that will get you decent armor and weapons before you have to even fight an MR Great Jagras.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
No but it's a great mid game option. From the GS's I have seen so far, the Acidic Glavenus one seems to be the best but I haven't seen them all yet. Also we haven't really experimented overall with damage, elements and skills in Iceborne yet so what's the best could change on a day by day basis. When I say "best" I mean having the best Raw value.

And Jagras GS wasn't the best in base game either, it was the Wyvern Ignition.

Oh right. I never got that one. I'm still rocking the Vaal Hazak GS with Max sharpness.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Master rank essentially resets armor progress. MR bone armor has like 50% higher def than endgame HR armor. Just grind some early quests.

There's so much ambient noise at the smithy that I might have missed it. I will try to keep an ear for it.

If you beat Xeno, you can gather bones or minerals in the expansion that will get you decent armor and weapons before you have to even fight an MR Great Jagras.

Nice to know, thanx

52.gif

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nargacuga was the hardest monster so far. Not because he was hard (it's just same ol' Narga) but because both times I fainted he literally one shot me.

That's the game telling you "it's time to drop your HR armor already."

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wow hunting horn definitely received some kind of upgrade
It is glorious. I'm finding that the impact echo wave is only occasionally useful because of how fast and aggressive the Iceborne monsters are, but the L2 hornado more than makes up for it. Spam that on a downed monster's head and you get insane DPS.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Went back to see if I could tame Tempered Deviljho with Master Rank gear. Carted 3 times.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just fight the Viper Kodachi for the first time. What an annoying asshole. And woohoo, I've got a superior, cuter Handler now who hopefully doesn't insist on calling me fucking "Pard."

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I rushed through the world story and now am wondering, is the Tobi sword good enough to start with the iceborn story? I haven't even upgraded it fully yet, but I'm in the process of doing that.

Really just curious, I mean I gotta start with "something" right?

(I also have 2 lbgs, but both not really upgraded at all)

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Just fight the Viper Kodachi for the first time. What an annoying asshole. And woohoo, I've got a superior, cuter Handler now who hopefully doesn't insist on calling me fucking "Pard."
Breaking the tail makes the fight a lot more manageable.

At first I was burning through Antidotes, once I broke his tail it greatly diminished his venom attacks.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
So I rushed through the world story and now am wondering, is the Tobi sword good enough to start with the iceborn story? I haven't even upgraded it fully yet, but I'm in the process of doing that.

Really just curious, I mean I gotta start with "something" right?

(I also have 2 lbgs, but both not really upgraded at all)

It's fine, just upgrade it as soon as possible in Iceborne.

Oct 25, 2017
I must say, the Selina town theme is fucking AMAZING.

I keep humming it even when I turn the game off.

Anyone know where I can find that theme on the internet? I cant seem to find it.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Hey all, I just wanted to ask, being a lapsed World player that stopped short of beating Xeno, yesterday I bought Iceborn and jumped back in for the first time in months, beat Xeno and finally rolled the base game credits; am I good to go straight into the expansion?

Last edited:

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, I just wanted to ask, being a lapsed World player that stopped short of beating Xeno, yesterday I bought Iceborn and jumped back in for the first time in months, best Xeno and finally rolled the base game credits; am I good to go straight into the expansion?
Yes, you're good to go! Enjoy!
Just in case your gear isn't up for it, gaijinhunter posted a video (some spoilers may apply) for getting quick, painless MR armor set. Also might wanna farm some bones and ore for your first MR weapon.

Rokam

Oct 29, 2017
Are the new decorations with 2 bonuses random or will they always have the same 2 on them?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man is it worth doing all these 500 MR1 and 2 optional quests I just unlocked that involve fighting a bunch of old monsters? I'd rather spend the next few hours fighting new shit.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Man is it worth doing all these 500 MR1 and 2 optional quests I just unlocked that involve fighting a bunch of old monsters? I'd rather spend the next few hours fighting new shit.
I mean that's up to you. If want their gear or upgrade materials it'll be worth it, but you can also just power through the story or grind the new mosters because they have perfectly solid gear as well. You can always check the older monster off the list when you have better equipment too

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Some branches for new monsters on the weapon trees depend an materials from old monsters. Whether you want to invest on that so you can do your upgrades, is up to you.
The old monsters do have new moves in MR. Uragan is now the king of fireworks. It's a glorious spectacle.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Brachydios LS, no idea if Blast is as good as it used to be, but I'll have a bit of fun with it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Some branches for new monsters on the weapon trees depend an materials from old monsters. Whether you want to invest on that so you can do your upgrades, is up to you.
The old monsters do have new moves in MR. Uragan is now the king of fireworks. It's a glorious spectacle.

Damn I hadn't considered this. I guess I'll just do them. I'll do it online just to make it more fun.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
It's probably a bit early but any idea how to unlock certain side quests? I see some early ones in like MR 2 and 3 when I do an SOS search. I didn't encounter those myself. Don't see any yellow ! in towns either. Only thing I can think of is clearing out the other optional missions.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
So many awesome looking armor sets with rubbish skills. Still using a mainly rank 9 gear even though i'm at 4 star MR. Can't wait till the PC version is out and I can transmog again.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Brachydios LS, no idea if Blast is as good as it used to be, but I'll have a bit of fun with it.

From what I understand Blast can still tear things up. I wish the Brachy LS was the good model from the old games but it should work as advertised on that front.

I believe there's an upgrade to the Teostra LS at endgame that would be the continuation if you want a Blast LS.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

Great Jagras, Anjanath, Barroth etc will carve new monster parts and will update your old weapons to level 9+. Even their armors will end up having more DEF than HR Behemoth set

even support HH can get in on the action :D

qONvijc.gif

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I've got three different Master Rank weapons at least and now I feel like I'm getting into the swing of things

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm loving this expansion so much but I do have to say it's really disappointing that the subspecies monsters' weapons all look pretty much the same as the base species with a color change.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Does everyone really hate fighting Tigrex? , I can barely fight anyone hunting it and when people join mine, they leave immediately :P

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm loving this expansion so much but I do have to say it's really disappointing that the subspecies monsters' weapons all look pretty much the same as the base species with a color change.
And it doesn't help that those first three in particular mostly have the bland bone/steel weapon designs to begin with. My coral pukei lance may as be the kulu one.

Considering this is still very much a thing in master rank I gotta believe it's just an HD development snag and they'll be building up their catalogue of finished weapon designs over the course of the next few games

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does everyone really hate fighting Tigrex? , I can barely fight anyone hunting it and when people join mine, they leave immediately :P

He's the worst flagship and one of the worst monsters in the series, I have no idea why they keep bringing him back unaltered.