• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Having fought every monster except for the last 3 or so that are MR 70+, I can confirm that

Shrieking Legiana is the worst monster they added.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Shrieking Legiana is one of the few monsters you basically need an alternate build for entirely

I wanna make a bomber build with blast attack and a hefty supply of bounce bombs and barrel bombs

No more games with this fucker
That sounds like fun. A build specifically designed to bully shrieking legiana.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Shrieking Legiana is one of the few monsters you basically need an alternate build for entirely

I wanna make a bomber build with blast attack and a hefty supply of bounce bombs and barrel bombs

No more games with this fucker

I haven't fought her yet but I'm currently working on a bow set just for her....getting excited just thinking about it lol.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Just joined the Era session(same ID as here). Anyone specifically need help? I'm going to do some Namielle farming otherwise.

Also feels like LS usage is way higher than 18% lol. Literally every group I join has at lest one.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
...the timing on Foresight slash seems to be damn near impossible. Needing to combo into it from another attack means I need to be predicting monster attacks like five seconds out

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those Naracuga hunts where fun! I didn't play much today but I'll have more time tomorrow, I also have to advance in the story, but also do the optionals (also from World) Lol there's just so much to do in this - and it's kinda funny to tackle two stories at once... I still have the two tempered hunts against double juice and kirin locked however... I don't quite get it, I'm HR 31 now so at least the beetle juice quest shouldn't be locked anymore *shrugs*

benj

Oct 27, 2017
...the timing on Foresight slash seems to be damn near impossible. Needing to combo into it from another attack means I need to be predicting monster attacks like five seconds out
The tradeoff is that it has a huge i-frame window as far as defensive moves in the game go, the opportunity cost for using it is relatively low, and the reward for hitting one is very substantial.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
??? I mean I'm definitely not an expert in this, I just do what seems to work but foresight slash really isn't complicated, predicting the monsters attacks is kinda easy too (hint : it will attack)
The only slightly difficult thing is actually hitting the monster with the charge attack sometimes, because often while you're in air it will move, and thus the attack won't hit.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah man that's how it works. That's the skill ceiling of the weapon but you dont have to master it to play long sword necessarily but it looks and feels damn awesome when you do

This is exactly why players starting out are told to try all 14 weapons and find the playstyles that suits them.

If you're struggling with foresight you can still brute force your way through fights with tactics and planning. Using the environment, tools, traps, bombs and damn near anything else at your disposal and there no shame in winning a fight on your terms.

Regardless of what master Long sword players will tell ya.. not everyone can be Canta or Team Darkside

That said it never hurts to watch master long sword play for... Inspiration

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Those Naracuga hunts where fun! I didn't play much today but I'll have more time tomorrow, I also have to advance in the story, but also do the optionals (also from World) Lol there's just so much to do in this - and it's kinda funny to tackle two stories at once... I still have the two tempered hunts against double juice and kirin locked however... I don't quite get it, I'm HR 31 now so at least the beetle juice quest shouldn't be locked anymore *shrugs*

The two tempered juice and tempered pony quest are automatically marked as complete if you own Iceborne.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Just did the Nargacuga story mission and I'd now put him at the top of most challenging new monsters so far. I've never fought him or Barioth in a MH game (mainly because I've never owned a MH game before this) so it was a fun learn for both given the reputations. Love the armor set too!

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah man that's how it works. That's the skill ceiling of the weapon but you dont have to master it to play long sword necessarily but it looks and feels damn awesome when you do

This is exactly why players starting out are told to try all 14 weapons and find the playstyles that suits them.

If you're struggling with foresight you can still brute force your way through fights with tactics and planning. Using the environment, tools, traps, bombs and damn near anything else at your disposal and there no shame in winning a fight on your terms.

Regardless of what master Long sword players will tell ya.. not everyone can be Canta or Team Darkside

That's how I play and how my 'master' taught me... Who ironically didn't really play LS at all...
I only use foresight slash before the helm splitter basically, I learned that really helps avoiding to get run over or similar and still land the attack :)

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The two tempered juice and tempered pony quest are automatically marked as complete if you own Iceborne.
Right but I think I should still be able to play them? I think it's in MR "special assignments" which is *locked* for me? I already rescued the handler, currently searching velkhana tracks...
I hope it unlocks at some point. Kinda confusing >.<

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Consider making making the Lighting Blitz III LBG. Rapid Thunder will rip him apart and you can stay away from the bombs much easier.

Great tip. I noticed that with the builds I've tried so far I just have to be way too close to him and risk getting ruined by his bombs. I'll probably have to slay other monsters first before I can make it but that's fine.

Apart from the fire mantle, will having fire resistance skills on armor parts help out too? Or is it best to equip the armor that has highest defense?

Also, I watched a video and was surprised when I saw people just capturing them instead of slaying them. I had forgotten that "hunt a bazelgeuse" doesn't necessarily mean killing.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
wow at the Seething Bazelguese... That mofo is really scary but in the end I solo'd that fiery turd..

Game doesn't give you a chance to change your gears in story mode

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Great tip. I noticed that with the builds I've tried so far I just have to be way too close to him and risk getting ruined by his bombs. I'll probably have to slay other monsters first before I can make it but that's fine.

Apart from the fire mantle, will having fire resistance skills on armor parts help out too? Or is it best to equip the armor that has highest defense?

Also, I watched a video and was surprised when I saw people just capturing them instead of slaying them. I had forgotten that "hunt a bazelgeuse" doesn't necessarily mean killing.

Its definitely the safest route since it ends the fight early and many monsters go all out ape shit before death

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think what helped me in that quest was the temporal mantle for sure (which is probably not that useful anymore after the patch tho)

And yes, it's always better to capture, it's faster and you get better rewards too.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Right but I think I should still be able to play them? I think it's in MR "special assignments" which is *locked* for me? I already rescued the handler, currently searching velkhana tracks...
I hope it unlocks at some point. Kinda confusing >.<

I believe the two juice and a pony are assigned (main story) quest and can't be replayed.

Edit : Check HR/LR Quest list on Assigned Tab.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe the two juice and a pony are assigned (main story) quest and can't be replayed.

Edit : Check HR/LR Quest list on Assigned Tab.
Can the Behemoth fight be replayed? Because I don't see that anywhere either.
But it's possible I have to actually unlock that first?
I kinda want my Final Fantasy armor back until I find something better (sharpness on my sword is terrible and I don't have any decos for that yet)

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can the Behemoth fighter be replayed? Because I don't see that anywhere either.
But it's possible I have to actually unlock that first?
I kinda want my Final Fantasy armor back until I find something better (sharpness on my sword is terrible and I don't have any decos for thar either)

All of the quests you're looking for (Behemoth, tempered Bazels, tempered Kirin, etc) are under the "Low Rank/High Rank" section on the quest board. MR special assignments is greyed out because there are no MR special assignments. Special assignments are for DLC quests.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
??? I mean I'm definitely not an expert in this, I just do what seems to work but foresight slash really isn't complicated, predicting the monsters attacks is kinda easy too (hint : it will attack)
The only slightly difficult thing is actually hitting the monster with the charge attack sometimes, because often while you're in air it will move, and thus the attack won't hit.
The main issue is that it seems like the counter only triggers if I get hit within maybe an eighth of a second on either side of inputting the command itself? Unless I'm misunderstanding something getting hit while the animation is playing doesn't actually give me the foresight trigger

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

If you are waiting for an attack use circle with your weapon drawn as the little stab from circle is the fastest attack so you get the ability to use forsesight slash the quickest this way

Same goes for when you are in the middle of attacking close to a monster. You see its about to attack go for a circle as your next attack to quickly be able to use foresight slash

Foresight slash is available during the recovery animation of most attacks. Circle is very quick but has a pretty long recovery animation that you can obviously cancel out off with other actions but if you do nothing its ideal for keeping to ability for a foresight slash.

Go into the training area and start mashing foresight slash immediately after triangle then do the same after circle and you see the difference. After that try and delay the foresight slash as much as possible after a triangle/circle and you see how much more time you have to do a foresight slash after circle.

The iframes are active while your character does the step back when doing foresight slash, so to get the 2nd hit with R2 you need to be hit during that time

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS

If you're gonna go the Thunder LBG route I would jut worry about making the most damaging set you can, the quicker Bagel dies, the less chances you have of getting blown up. You're generally going to be safer than melee so upgrade your armor's defense more so as a safe guard from one shots. And make sure you add enough recoil mods so you can move while shooting rapid Thunder.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of the quests you're looking for (Behemoth, tempered Bazels, tempered Kirin, etc) are under the "Low Rank/High Rank" section on the quest board. MR special assignments is greyed out because there are no MR special assignments. Special assignments are for DLC quests.
Ah ok thanks, I'll look again, but I couldn't find them for the life of me when I did look for them lol

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017

I've mained LS for over 300 hours in this game and I didn't know you could adjust the angle of the jump attack while in midair...

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
If you are waiting for an attack use circle with your weapon drawn as the little stab from circle is the fastest attack so you get the ability to use forsesight slash the quickest this way

Same goes for when you are in the middle of attacking close to a monster. You see its about to attack go for a circle as your next attack to quickly be able to use foresight slash

Foresight slash is available during the recovery animation of most attacks. Circle is very quick but has a pretty long recovery animation that you can obviously cancel out off with other actions but if you do nothing its ideal for keeping to ability for a foresight slash.

Go into the training area and start mashing foresight slash immediately after triangle then do the same after circle and you see the difference. After that try and delay the foresight slash as much as possible after a triangle/circle and you see how much more time you have to do a foresight slash after circle.

The iframes are active while your character does the step back when doing foresight slash, so to get the 2nd hit with R2 you need to be hit during that time
Thanks, I'm going to try all of this

F31 Leopard

Oct 30, 2017
So in base World I used the Odogaron LBG (Karma) a lot...like, a LOT. Is its upgraded version in Iceborne still great or should I look into something else?

I'm willing to give HBG another try even though I disliked the changes in World. As long as there's a good pierce gun (I assume Narga?).

You can check out my response regarding Hidden Bullet II if you haven't seen it.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Going to sleep now. A few pseudo-wyverns went down thanks to the collaboration of Geist 6one7 and kageroo and a couple of mantles were obtained. Not bad, I'd say.
I also need to advance the story a bit because not being able to join a quest somebody posted in the hub sucks.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Just started playing around with lance and holy crap counter clutch is so much fun. I don't know if I've come across anything more satisfying than clutch countering diablos' tunneling attack

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just started playing around with lance and holy crap counter clutch is so much fun. I don't know if I've come across anything more satisfying than clutch countering diablos' tunneling attack
It's so fun. It can be dangerous though. I had brachy drag me through like 3 explosions while I was on its face and since you don't flinch it just took away 90% of my health

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I also asked this because I'm with three friends. I just need to know how I can see which are tempered monsters. I know about the dual Bazelgeuse, but those kick are asses ridiculously now.
You go to random sos. I think it is the main requirement. Yesterday i literally got 3 gold wyver, but it is also said you can also get the silver one

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Tigrex's set bonus is broken. I've hardly played S+S but decided to make a support build when I saw that set bonus and it's insane. I must have used at least 30 mega potions SOSing into an acidic glavenus quest but it only actually took 5.

98d2698b-c6ff-43b3-a0c8-efb64e339881.PNG

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question everyone, what exactly is that icon that turns yellow and red next to the monster on the Mini-Map? Is that their alertness?

I played vanilla for many hours and never paid it much mind to be hoinest.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Man... it's getting impossible to hold out on this I just beat the game haven't played in a year, I never even went after a tempered monster! Think I'm like HR 10? Tell me I shouldn't drop $40 USD on this.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this sucks...

I didn't get to play much this last weekend due to being sick but I'm really hoping my weapon of choice from any specific Monster doesn't gets screwed over design wise because they were not over the Rarity 10. If Capcom really wanted to pull off these extra customization for Rarity 10 Weapon without sacrificing the design of the weapon than they should have taken a page from Freedom Unite and introduce a separate G Weapon line to be used for the customization instead heck do they same thing they did with Armor Sets in World and they should just have made a separate Beta Weapon Line for customization.

KindheartedNervousCornsnake-size_restricted.gif

Hopefully the PC Community will save the day.