• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm jealous. All of you are playing Iceborne whilst I sit at HR5 trying to get past each monster I go at solo most of the time, unless some kind soul in here helps me. Just got through the Zorah Magdaaros in the ravine sequence. I hate to rush through the base game and miss out on some good side quests though. Any recommendations for can't-miss sidequests?
The optional quest line that has you capturing monsters for the researcher unlocks a special monster in the 5 star quests. Beating said monster will get you a new mantle that is very useful for certain quests.

Make sure you do all the quests for the chef as they unlock ingredients for the canteen.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
This is odd. I still have one unknown monster in base MHW. It's the one under Vaal Hazak in the hunter notes. I've been to all the locations multiple times and I just can't seem to find all the footprints.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
I'm jealous. All of you are playing Iceborne whilst I sit at HR5 trying to get past each monster I go at solo most of the time, unless some kind soul in here helps me. Just got through the Zorah Magdaaros in the ravine sequence. I hate to rush through the base game and miss out on some good side quests though. Any recommendations for can't-miss sidequests?

I'll be down to help with some of the hunts if you want/need.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Progressed to the Teostra + Lunastra fight. Took down Teostra easily enough, but then carted against Lunastra. OK, shit happens. I get back into the fight and take down her health far enough to force her back to her nest. Victory is within my grasp. Even when I cart a second time due to her constant lunges while I try to create space and heal. But hey she's near death now, I got this.

I run back and wake her up a second time. Still not dead. She rears and stunlocks me with her roar, then immediately goes airborne and supernovas me at point blank range. Wonder above wonder I survive both hits with a sliver of health left. I mash the max potion button and...

...she lunges at me again just as I regain control and I faint the third and final time.

Supernova on wake-up. I swear to God, this fucking game...

wR4vnAa.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I'm suffering the same problem I had with base Monster Hunter World.

Weapon choice paralysis.

I want to play Great Sword. But also Long Sword. And Charge Blade. And Hammer. And Gunlance.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, a new monster then. Damn I want to find him. But it's so frustrating how I can't find more of his prints. There's no way to see where the rest of the prints are, right?

I just have to visit all areas and look everywhere?
Kulve Taroth is a special raid boss. She'll be available again starting tomorrow and be around for the whole weekend.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Progressed to the Teostra + Lunastra fight. Took down Teostra easily enough, but then carted against Lunastra. OK, shit happens. I get back into the fight and take down her health far enough to force her back to her nest. Victory is within my grasp. Even when I cart a second time due to her constant lunges while I try to create space and heal. But hey she's near death now, I got this.

I run back and wake her up a second time. Still not dead. She rears and stunlocks me with her roar, then immediately goes airborne and supernovas me at point blank range. Wonder above wonder I survive both hits with a sliver of health left. I mash the max potion button and...

...she lunges at me again just as I regain control and I faint the third and final time.

Supernova on wake-up. I swear to God, this fucking game...

wR4vnAa.gif

Important tip: you can bait Lunastra's supernova by using a flashpod on her. If she's surrounded by flames and it's been a while since she's done it, run far away and flash her. She'll jump up and do the move and you'll be a safe distance away and don't have to worry about her doing it as a surprise attack.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Namielle seems like the easiest Elder Dragon in the game. It has some dangerous gimmicks, but overall nothing too bad, and it seems surprisingly easy to slay. On the other hand, I think Seething Bezelgeuse is a thing made in hell. For the first 5-10 minutes, he was orange, and he didn't seem that bad. When he turned blue, I feel I had a heart attack with all those explosions. Poor Brachy couldn't even walk through the area. Probably the hardest fight thus far.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Weapon choice paralysis.

I want to play Great Sword. But also Long Sword. And Charge Blade. And Hammer. And Gunlance.

Just do what I do and cycle through them on a fight-by-fight basis. Getting good enough weapons for Master Rank is trivial. The real time sink in doing this is that you'll need 3-4 weapon sets to support them, but it's not like there's a reason to rush to the endgame right now.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
You know it's the true monster Hunter experience as you drown in everything from viper kadachi except what you actually need, thanks for the gems but I just wanted two membranes.

WELL, TIME FOR ROUND 5

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
so fellow IG users, what is a good midgame armor to go for? I just got to the Glavenus and Narga fights and it is time to upgrade stuff.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Crazy that the game doesn't have a transmog system for all armor. Tons of cool looking sets but you cant wear the full set if you want a competent build.

Also the weapon design is disappointing. Game needs more unique skins for each weapon.

Hopefully for the next monster hunter they fix this.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Done! Teostra and Lunastra are dead, no faints this time.

Went for Lunastra first and I'll be honest, it is disgusting how much easier Teostra felt in comparison. It could be because I fought him before, but the last time was over a year ago. So I don't think that is it. Lunastra is just way more mobile and has several tools to stagger you wherever you are. I almost fainted again due to her constant interrupting and staggering me with those blue fire "beams".

Important tip: you can bait Lunastra's supernova by using a flashpod on her. If she's surrounded by flames and it's been a while since she's done it, run far away and flash her. She'll jump up and do the move and you'll be a safe distance away and don't have to worry about her doing it as a surprise attack.
Thanks, that is good to know indeed. She actually did it again just now (supernova on wake up) but at least I managed to get away this time.

Do flash pods even work on her in the first place? I flashed her a few times when she flew up, but it just dazed her. I distinctly remember monsters dropping down to the ground when you did that (even after the nerf), but maybe I'm mistaken.

GFdoom

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Done! Teostra and Lunastra are dead, no faints this time.

Went for Lunastra first and I'll be honest, it is disgusting how much easier Teostra felt in comparison. It could be because I fought him before, but the last time was over a year ago. So I don't think that is it. Lunastra is just way more mobile and has several tools to stagger you wherever you are. I almost fainted again due to her constant interrupting and staggering me with those blue fire "beams".

Thanks, that is good to know indeed. She actually did it again just now (supernova on wake up) but at least I managed to get away this time.

Do flash pods even work on her in the first place? I flashed her a few times when she flew up, but it just dazed her. I distinctly remember monsters dropping down to the ground when you did that (even after the nerf), but maybe I'm mistaken.
Congrats on the win! U just got the best mantel in the game. Also, some monsters are immune to flash as well as they'll get immune to their effects if u keep using it on them during a fight.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
so fellow IG users, what is a good midgame armor to go for? I just got to the Glavenus and Narga fights and it is time to upgrade stuff.
I solo'd IG throughout all of Iceborne and rocked a mix of gear over the course of my adventure. It really depends on what you value yourself. I personally wore the Beo Beta set at first since I value earplugs + healh boosts, then moved onto Barioth Beta for the Power Prolonger and Sheathing. Kept that going all of midgame where you are. Just after that it was all about the Tigrex armor for a bit until later.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Any brave souls want to farm Savage Deviljho with me? ps4?
I have an investigation of his and want to wear it's skin.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
You know it's the true monster Hunter experience as you drown in everything from viper kadachi except what you actually need, thanks for the gems but I just wanted two membranes.

WELL, TIME FOR ROUND 5
Is kinda frustrating lol, I farmed rathalos for hours yesterday and I still couldn't get those goddamn rath wingtalon +.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Crazy that the game doesn't have a transmog system for all armor. Tons of cool looking sets but you cant wear the full set if you want a competent build.

Also the weapon design is disappointing. Game needs more unique skins for each weapon.

Hopefully for the next monster hunter they fix this.
I think it's pretty cool the augments on the rank 11 and 12 weapons actually give them different looking skins on top of the weapon design itself. I don't find it disappointing personally.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Weapon choice paralysis.

Ha, replace Gunlance with Insect Glaive and you're me!

I juggle between all of them to mix things up. Keeping each weapon up to scratch is making this expansion last a good while. Been playing a ton since launch and just beat Acid Glav.

It helps that some armor sets work great for different weapons.

My paralysis then comes from which tree to go down with all 5. Currently debating which hammer is better to grind for, Acid Glav or Nargacuga.

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
Struggling hardcore at Barioth. Keep throwing up flares and unlike the insta-joins I get for regular Anjanath, Nerg, and Elder Dragons, no one ever comes for Blizzard Blitz. Lordy

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Struggling hardcore at Barioth. Keep throwing up flares and unlike the insta-joins I get for regular Anjanath, Nerg, and Elder Dragons, no one ever comes for Blizzard Blitz. Lordy
We have a session in the threadmarks. We just had a bunch of fun with KCsoLucky.
Ice bow is it then. :)
So KT tomorrow? Kjarr Ice or whatever get > Lunastra fun. :p

BTW any ideas how to improve this set? Keep in mind I barely have any decos yet...

IMG_20190911_204831.jpg
What even is a share button? :P

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Namielle seems like the easiest Elder Dragon in the game. It has some dangerous gimmicks, but overall nothing too bad, and it seems surprisingly easy to slay. On the other hand, I think Seething Bezelgeuse is a thing made in hell. For the first 5-10 minutes, he was orange, and he didn't seem that bad. When he turned blue, I feel I had a heart attack with all those explosions. Poor Brachy couldn't even walk through the area. Probably the hardest fight thus far.
I don't know what the Seething Bazel does, I brought my HH to that fight and the poor thing spent the whole fight stunned or knocked down. I really like how it looks though.

It probably would have been harder if I stuck with my DBs, but my best pair are fire so I went with my sub weapon. I think I'll stick with that matchup whenever I need to fight it again.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
In between my many level 1 and 4 decorations, I've noticed I have bugger all level 3, did these come from tackling tempered monsters? Because I didn't do much of that.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Ice bow is it then. :)
So KT tomorrow? Kjarr Ice or whatever get > Lunastra fun. :p

BTW any ideas how to improve this set? Keep in mind I barely have any decos yet...

IMG_20190911_204831.jpg

You could make the Ingot waist/pants and Narga chest to give Free Elem 2. That should be a pretty big boost to your Elem damage there.

If you want to join the session in the threadmark I wouldn't mind helping you with it.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia

Plexippus

Jun 11, 2019
People already at MR50 in Era group and here I am MR7 and I just spent 2 hours taking pictures of cats.

same! just want to enjoy the expansion. In the base game I rushed to the end game. after creating the weapons/armors i want. i started to find the game boring for me. I will now change my gaming approach to this expansion!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the event was for a week but looking at the following link, it will be available during three months so me hurrying this evening was for nothing. :P
game.capcom.com

Master Rank Event Quests | Monster Hunter: World - CAPCOM

Check out all available master rank event quests!
These events times are so wonky.

If they're going to make a basic "Hunt Rathalos and Lavasioth for nothing special" event last until the end of the year, why not do the same for every event?