• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I will never understand this.

When I play online and the monster goes to sleep because it's low on health, other players will ALWAYS try to mega bomb it, and I'm like WHY AREN'T YOU USING TRAPS WE CAN END THIS RIGHT NOW AND GET BETTER REWARDS.

Is there something I'm missing!? I guess it's better if you're looking to break particular parts for their rewards!?
Some parts are carve only but it doesn't sound like that's what was happening to you lol.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Having a hard time getting 3 other people to join my SOS flares in this game. Never had this issue with MHW. I'd just spend my time joining other people's SOS's flares except no one seems to do the main story missions I need to progress ><

Did Nightshade Palouma for the first time and only 1 other person joined. Neither of us had any sleep resistance (went in blind) and took 42 mins...that was a long time. Going to check if I need status block stuff before firing my SOS flares in the future so I can see I need stuff like sleep immunity and quit out and come back with it.

I feel like the average clear time on Iceborne monsters when I do get a 4p party is about 15 mins a fight, which is perfect length. Solo is about 25-30 for me.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
SOSing the final boss is Behemoth levels of failure. It's for the best if you solo it when you get the chance.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Velkhana fight down on first try, carted once but I'll take it. Kadachi Dito LS has carried me through most of this Iceborne content, my new fav for now.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I honestly believe that everyone should devote some time to just playing solo (removing cat included), it's difficult as fuck if you're used to grouping but it WILL teach you the game and monster patterns

I did that with 4U after playing a few hundred hours with friends and it helped me get my clear times down immensely and opened my eyes to a lot of bad habits I developed

Saying that, I have been helping some friends with lower level stuff but I should be able to finish the story today or tomorrow and start joining the seshes here

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
3pc Tigrex armor bonus is ridiculous. I was supporting random SOS 1/2 faint investigations with nothing but wide range 5 and 10 mega potions. Getting 140+ buffs/heals and still having 4 mega pots left at the end is hilarious.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the event was for a week but looking at the following link, it will be available during three months so me hurrying this evening was for nothing. :P
game.capcom.com

Master Rank Event Quests | Monster Hunter: World - CAPCOM

Check out all available master rank event quests!
According to the official page for event quest schedule, it's up for the rest of the year at least.
Cool cool. I still rather do it quickly I guess, it's one of those things that get easily forgotten when they're there for so long, it also boosts XP I think.
Now if only people would join SOS for it, haha. It's really not difficult just hunting alone is always a bit boring to me.

I know we have our squad, but there's not always people playing either.

Btw there's already someone on again who I can't add xEik 😉

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
tenor.gif
OMGWTFBBQ
Played SP for the first time yesterday. Got destroyed by Brachy and Uragaan.
Definitely a different game if you're by yourself lmao
We old farts in the MHF2 days didn't even have palicoes to help us in the village quests that are solo only.
I didn't have friends who played the game for local coop to get through the guild quests either. Akantor was a nightmare.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something is off with the matchmaking, the same thing happened for the first week or so when the base game was released.
Ah I see, really wondering what's up. Hope they can fix it soon.

3pc Tigrex armor bonus is ridiculous. I was supporting random SOS 1/2 faint investigations with nothing but wide range 5 and 10 mega potions. Getting 140+ buffs/heals and still having 4 mega pots left at the end is hilarious.
Or it was ridiculous that you had to craft 100s of pods in world just because you wanted to play support?

This is a huge improvement imo. Tedious doesn't always mean good lol, actually it never does lol

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
Or it was ridiculous that you had to craft 100s of pods in world just because you wanted to play support?

This is a huge improvement imo. Tedious doesn't always mean good lol, actually it never does lol

It makes supporting more viable in random groups for sure. The set is otherwise perfectly fine for DPS. No more using specialized support sets just to keep your overexcited, frozen, burning and/or stunned party alive.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just hunted a few Glavenus now having never encountered any before and goddamn it hits like a truck. Love it though. Was nearly carted when it and a Nargacuga showed up and both targeted me. Even with full Odogaron armour it is capable of carting in 2 good hits definitely. Makes up for Nargacuga being a little disappointing on its own. Now I ain't looking forward to either Brachydios or Tigrex.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
That reminds me, I still need to fight AT Vaal one more time for his layered, but I'm so sick of fighting him in general that I really don't want to. Ugh.
I'm just missing AT Zorah, Xeno and Kulve because I quit World before they were in

And honestly just thinking about going back to Zorah is putting me to sleep, I really don't want to lol

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
At 5:30, Rajang just picks up a shock trap and crushes it in his hands.

Jesus Christ.
Everybody: MHW is too easy, just like at what they did to Deviljho!
Capcom:

(Also Rajang now have shortened duration from being downed. He gets up five seconds after Fujioka finished his mount attack. Jesus Christ.)

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm just missing AT Zorah, Xeno and Kulve because I quit World before they were in

And honestly just thinking about going back to Zorah is putting me to sleep, I really don't want to lol
I want that handicraft charm but I also want to like actually play the videogame that I just bought. I did one yesterday, didn't get the mat I needed and literally alnost cried haha

Tbh I'm indignant about needing to go back to the lower ranks for anything, let alone loading cannons for 30 minutes

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want that handicraft charm but I also want to like actually play the videogame that I just bought. I did one yesterday, didn't get the mat I needed and literally alnost cried haha

Tbh I'm indignant about needing to go back to the lower ranks for anything, let alone loading cannons for 30 minutes

Go to the elder melder and use a gold wyverian print to grab the Zorah gem you need.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Farmed Velkhana for about 4 hours yesterday so I could craft the armor and longsword.

Awesome set, it seems it has been specifically been made for long sword too.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly that Rajang guy looked annoying to fight IMO. Also he looks like he's in x2 speed when seeing his animations.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that Rajang guy looked annoying to fight IMO. Also he looks like he's in x2 speed when seeing his animations.

Ehh after watching the whole video he doesnt seem bad

He definitely has openings but he wasnt one shotting people..just have to accept that youll be eating some hits to get in on him

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
I just want to let everyone here know that installing an SSD (PS PRO) will change your life.
Load times are cut down by a least 60%. I can't make it to the kitchen before the quest bell dings. Loading into an area takes 5 seconds.
I highly recommend it for the over all enjoyment and grind of this game.
This is what I picked up.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)
$129 USD

The Install of the drive, operating system, and transfer of files (just Iceborne and my saves) took just under 30 mins.

p.s. I'm playing resolution priority so playing framerate priority may be even faster?

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
I have my external SSD right here next to me. Just finishing up work for today and I'll do the external SSD test.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to let everyone here know that installing an SSD (PS PRO) will change your life.
Load times are cut down by a least 60%. I can't make it to the kitchen before the quest bell dings. Loading into an area takes 5 seconds.
I highly recommend it for the over all enjoyment and grind of this game.
This is what I picked up.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)
$129 USD

The Install of the drive, operating system, and transfer of files (just Iceborne and my saves) took just under 30 mins.

p.s. I'm playing resolution priority so playing framerate priority may be even faster?

this is exactly the same drive i bought (snagged it for 100 on sale though) and can confirm

its a game changer

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Currently MR 51, really loving this game. Yian Garuga is annoying as hell. Nothing at all to do with his move set but rather his armored wings (And he won't drop one of his parts, I've killed/captured him 7 times so far lol...le sigh).

I honestly believe that everyone should devote some time to just playing solo (removing cat included), it's difficult as fuck if you're used to grouping but it WILL teach you the game and monster patterns

I did that with 4U after playing a few hundred hours with friends and it helped me get my clear times down immensely and opened my eyes to a lot of bad habits I developed

Saying that, I have been helping some friends with lower level stuff but I should be able to finish the story today or tomorrow and start joining the seshes here

Pretty much. I run with a twitter group of friends, and we have a couple of people who have asked for help for every single last monster in Iceborne, they're currently about to fight Tigrex and I'm like...why don't you just solo? You're never going to get good at this game being carried by everyone else. They're carried so hard by others in our group that they don't even know about decos and stuff. I pretty much refuse to help them

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019

Other than Zorah, going back and destroying tedious AT quests sounds sorta cathartic