• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, I've fought Barioth, Narga, and Tigrex now.

And honestly? Barioth is still the hardest of the three. It might be because of my prior experience with Tigrex in the older games and his relatively unchanged moveset, but he wasn't that bad at all. Nowhere near as hard as Barioth.
Yeah, I found barioth a lot harder too. He's just so quick.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Man i missed so many layered armors. Like every one of them. I reached the endgame now. May the RNG gods bless my loot table

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly

Has there ever been a better time to be a Monster Hunter fan?

I'm just so overwhelmed and joyful of this new era

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
So I made an intermediate armor consisting of 3 pcs Nargacuga and 2 pcs Barioth, mainly for defense purposes that should carry me the next few monsters, also getting both set's bonuses. It has many QOL features like Evade Window, Evade Extender, Recovery up, I slotted 3 Health up gems in there.

Now I have 3 options that mostly depend on the charm I'm using, and I need advice:
- Full Earplugs (that drops my actual dps quite low, at least in the training area)
- Attack Up 4 (Charm + Jewel)
- Handicraft 3 (and some crit or attack deco)

Would be willing to drop my beloved earplugs for maxed Evade Extender and either Attack Up or Handicraft.
Since almost all the Switch Axes can get good white sharpness with handicraft 3 and the Narga set bonus holds that sharpness should I just go with that?

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly

It truely is the best timeline. Everytime a new monster drops or a new event starts the whole community is there to hunt together, to do speedruns, to just enjoy the game. I love it.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
SnS users, do you ever use the shield to block? I always evade and never block, and I'm wondering if I should get in the habit of blocking.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Any tips on using gunlance/ great sword on the faster moving monsters (as never seem to get the opportunity to hit them solo)?

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Honestly

Still crossing my fingers for mi virulent boi.

c8af248741f51b982d37fdf79dfbcaf82fba9aa0_00.jpg

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips on using gunlance/ great sword on the faster moving monsters (as never seem to get the opportunity to hit them solo)?
With GS the slinger burst attack and shoulder attack from the charge attack are my go to to get them when they charge. General use of the environment and the clutch claw are also helpful.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ehh after watching the whole video he doesnt seem bad

He definitely has openings but he wasnt one shotting people..just have to accept that youll be eating some hits to get in on him

Rajang used to scare the shit out of me but a GS set with critdraw and mainly going for uncharged draw attacks worked wonders.

We'll see, I have no experience with him because MHW is my first MH but he seemed bonkers lol

Yeah, I found barioth a lot harder too. He's just so quick.

yep me too, I'm past Velkhana and he was the hardest to me so far. Shrieking Legiana was a close one too, but he's more full on annoying.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
This is a build I've been using that crushes Barioth. I would post pics but I'm at work.
Basically...
-Rank 10 Jagras Switch Axe (exhaust phials) Crazy easy to build.
-Full Banbaro + Ice resist jewel + Warming Jewel (27 ice resist total = never blighted) Early quest rewards
-Full Vitality Jewels
-Stamina Thief if you can get it on a dual atk jewel even better
-Full Part Breaker same as above
-Shrooms for fun
-Eat for atk (L) + Scarf whatever shrooms or drugs you have
-Spam the sword into the legs till they break
-He will get exhausted often with this build so use the opportunity to clutch claw into walls or weaken (break) his claws
-If Fulgar Anajanath shows up enjoy the show and DO NOT agro the T-Rex.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Done Glavenus and Brachydios - I think Glavenus is cool as fuck with the way that he attacks with his blade tail. So badass. Brachydios is really easy.

As a bow user I'm still switching between the Legiana, Anja and Tobi bows for elemental coverage but are there any better ones to consider/work towards this early on? Keep in mind I'm MR10 right now. Otherwise I'm happy to stick with these 3 until later on.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Done Glavenus and Brachydios - I think Glavenus is cool as fuck with the way that he attacks with his blade tail. So badass. Brachydios is really easy.

As a bow user I'm still switching between the Legiana, Anja and Tobi bows for elemental coverage but are there any better ones to consider/work towards this early on? Keep in mind I'm MR10 right now. Otherwise I'm happy to stick with these 3 until later on.

Legiana for ice, Anjanath for fire, Tobi for thunder until you can get Zinogre, dragonbone for dragon, and the water element tree bow for water unless you can get some Free Element in there somewhere in which case use the bone tree bow, but that's going to be hard to fit without endgame armor.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Legiana for ice, Anjanath for fire, Tobi for thunder until you can get Zinogre, dragonbone for dragon, and the water element tree bow for water unless you can get some Free Element in there somewhere in which case use the bone tree bow, but that's going to be hard to fit without endgame armor.

Perfect, thanks!

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Do not play with my heartstrings like this jesus christ

This game seems to be absolutely littered with teases and easter eggs that look easy to miss

Especially since i tend to skip most dialogue lol

We have a stream on Saturday detailing the future content road map so im hoping they show off the next batch of monsters on the way.... Hopefully including our special virulent menace!

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yall are reading too much into this, it's just Nergigante.

Why would she not say it was Nergigante to the man that literally killed Nergigante canonically

I feel like that makes no sense. Not to mention there are multiple examples of black monsters so it could be any of them

I still think its a tease potentially

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
This game seems to be absolutely littered with teases and easter eggs that look easy to miss

Especially since i tend to skip most dialogue lol

We have a stream on Saturday detailing the future content road map so im hoping they show off the next batch of monsters on the way.... Hopefully including our special virulent menace!
Quest descriptions are full of them lol, but I skip most of the dialogue too

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this expansion has really cemented Monster Hunter World as one of the most outstanding games of this generation. In an era of disappointing sequels and micro transaction ridden GaaS releases, this game is a shining beacon of what makes gaming so great.

I fucking love Monster Hunter.

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
unknown.png

I'd call that a success. At $30 this is actually worth it. Maybe with a higher grade SSD you can shave of another 2-5 seconds but ehhh good enough.

Still wondering why the quest pre-load on PC is literally less than a second and it takes 20 on PS4.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need let hunt leaders disable ability to use traps, or disable capture.

So sick of shitty randoms joining my hunt and despite being told to kill they capture.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Damn this expansion has really cemented Monster Hunter World as one of the most outstanding games of this generation. In an era of disappointing sequels and micro transaction ridden GaaS releases, this game is a shining beacon of what makes gaming so great.

I fucking love Monster Hunter.

Hell yeah!!!! I couldn't put the game down yesterday. Its honestly one of my favorite games ever at this point.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you all forge separate weapons and upgrade them to the different elements or do you just downgrade then upgrade for each element?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Do you all forge separate weapons and upgrade them to the different elements or do you just downgrade then upgrade for each element?
For my element builds I have the element version of each weapon and save it all in the load outs for quick swapping. Can't say I've ever rolled anything back before.