• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah I used to feel really bad hunting monsters especially when they go on a limp, I got a bit used to but I always capture them anyway even on the arena.
Last night I hunted a Kushala and felt bad because she was just there resting in front of me, not a menace to anyone and I had to start killing her because she was an elder and I needed a mantle. It's game tho but it's kinda sad killing stuff for sport even when is just a pile of code lol.
I know how that feels. I watched a viper tobi I was hunting stop to poo and that weirdly humanized it to the point that I wanted to stop, I'm such a baby lol

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
wow the external SSD difference is shocking even on my normal PS4. Should've done this a while ago I guess, was completely out of space on my PS4 anyways.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Just made it to the guiding lands, and none of the monsters loaded in for the Zinogre cutscene, has this happened to any one else? I'm on a base PS4, kinda bummed I couldn't get a cool introduction.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Just made it to the guiding lands, and none of the monsters loaded in for the Zinogre cutscene, has this happened to any one else? I'm on a base PS4, kinda bummed I couldn't get a cool introduction.

that's very strange yeah. I did that cutscene yesterday before I got the SSD and I'm on a normal PS4 but it looked fine.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Poor LR Jyuratodus. Red slinger ammo dropped on the first golfswing combo I landed, which should give you an idea of how quick that fight was over.

But hey, I really needed that Barioth CB. I was only semi-competent with CBs on the best of days and that was a year ago. So I don't think it will see too much action. That sword, though. So cool...

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
wow the external SSD difference is shocking even on my normal PS4. Should've done this a while ago I guess, was completely out of space on my PS4 anyways.

By how much? I read the math shouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Then again, the loads on my One X where less than half of my base PS4 and that isn't even SSD.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding an End Game boss, massive spoilers.

I'm starting to think every video of people breaking the head a second time for Shara have it doctored. I run part breaker and focus solely on the head. I have entire teams of people focusing on just the head. We broke the head the first time incredibly early in a run and we still couldn't break it a second time. I'm ready to give up.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I just fought a 37 min Bazel hunt with two other hunters where he turf war with jho over three fucking times because that asshole wouldn't leave us alone, and even Brachy wanted a piece of the action

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Why did they even bother creating a new base if the game is just going to throw you back in the old one at every opportunity?

Plexippus

Jun 11, 2019
4pc Silver Rath is definitely better. 4pc Namielle is good for fitting Health Boost but that's it. Before Silver Rath, most of the sets you'll run are 2pc Velkana and 2pc Namielle with gauntlets of your choice (Shara or Kaiser are the best).

Personally, I don't like Silver Rath all that much although the damage is higher. It requires you to drink dash juice or eat for Black Belt and it all gets too much of a pain in the ass to do. You can only fit Constitution 3+ on the fire set and without either Constitution 3/Dash Juice/Black Belt, your stamina consumption will just get eaten up.

the 2pc velkana and 2pc namielle first comes to my mind when thinking about my set. that's why my initial question is, how is the calculation for the damage of elemental bow. Thank you very much for this! i dont mind if i dont get the max dps. besides, if i can kill the monster fast, i will not be able to see their other moves. that's why i want to build a set with balanced damage and survivability.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Farcaster like the coward I am
2786.jpg

Yeah I think I'm going with this lol

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Finally fought Glavenus. Awesome intro cutscene, the battle itself was OK. I do like the focus on the tail.

Now to farm it. The armor is too busy for my tastes, but it has a couple of cool weapons.

Nice how Astera is actually empty of all food and shit, although it doesn't make much sense when all that is going on is a couple of frozen monsters. I mean, if entire zones would be be inaccessible until you took care of Velkhana, like the Ancient Forest, I could understand the shortage. Now it's just kind of silly.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There is no experience in gaming more tilting than a triple cart in a long solo hunt.

None.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
There's the one badass dude with the LS and armor though. He only got hurt by Velkhana trying to save the rest of those scrubs.
But in the end he does nothing like everyone else.
Another try, 38 minutes, died to an earthquake that just obliterated my health bar while I was wearing the rocksteady mantle.

What a fucking drag.
I would avoid using Rocksteady against the boss, unless you're gemming Protection onto it and even then I think I'd prefer Vitality/Temporal. Instead of getting knocked down and going into an immune downed state, you'll just eat 2-3 hits consecutively and cart. Also you are avoiding walking on the quicksand I'm assuming?

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Is there a typically recommended HR or recommended stats, etc. for starting the Iceborne content?

A friend and I kicked it off last night, and got through the first couple of expeditions, but had a pretty rough time of it.
I'd only just finished the main MHW story and am still rocking Anjanath armour, but my buddy was kitted out with full end game gear and still struggling.

Sorry if this is known info. We've been huge MH fans since Freedom, but like to go into each iteration on our own, without much outside help. Perhaps due to that we were a bit naive, and surprised by the difficulty spike, particularly how long the first compulsory expeditions took to finish.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I'm starting to think every video of people breaking the head a second time for Shara have it doctored. I run part breaker and focus solely on the head. I have entire teams of people focusing on just the head. We broke the head the first time incredibly early in a run and we still couldn't break it a second time. I'm ready to give up.

Everytime I got them in MP we crashed him to the walls a lot. Dunno if that helped, but people seemed to knew what they were doing.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda disapointed in the 99 cap unlock quest expected more from it with all thr changes given to the other mons.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
So how do you avoid Shara's spirit bomb? It just one shot me even though I was away.

I think I'll just farcaster out to be sure.
just stand on the edge of the arena, it's 100% safe there

edit: i've never broken it's head twice to get the extra carve, but my theory is that you gotta wall slam it into the hazard trap
i've seen the trap icon on the map even after the rock shells phase and we're fighting the real thing

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

Me and my friends managed to do it last night.

And everybody got 2 tenderplate from the piece that fell (it's a small one so it's easy to miss) so if you managed to get it to break it seems it's a guaranteed carve from that.

I'm not sure whether the other guys use Partbreaker or not but I'm using full Partbreaker with bow, and my buddies were using LBG, Longsword, and Hunting Horn. As soon as someone wounded the head (it's a requirement), we focus everything there. We also managed to score one or two flinch shots and have him hit the wall... not sure if that counts, but he hits the wall with his head so I guess it does? hahaha.

Last edited:

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

Are you using the environmental traps? The only time I failed to break the head twice was when i used two environmental traps before the transformation into second phase. From my understanding if you do that you deal too much damage and don't have the time to break the head. Just skip using the environmental traps or at most use one and you should be able to do it.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Are you using the environmental traps? The only time I failed to break the head twice was when i used two environmental traps before the transformation into second phase. From my understanding if you do that you deal too much damage and don't have the time to break the head. Just skip using the environmental traps or at most use one and you should be able to do it.
huh interesting

p3n

Oct 28, 2017

Do it solo. Breaking parts is infinetely easier when you are solo. Even with the 2-player HP nerf the flinch and break thresholds seem to be close or the same as in 4P hunts.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Went full Tigrex set for HH, the lack of decorations kills any chance of mixing gear so might as well go full support.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else feel like they made it harder to make an "optimal" armor set in master rank? So many pieces with skills I want also have skills completely irrelevant to the build I'm going for tacked on. It felt like the HR armor sets were more focused if that makes sense.
Completely agree. That and the allocation of deco slots (at least where I'm at. rank 10 and first rank 11 armors, maybe armors get tons of slots later). I want to fit my lvl 1 and 2 decos inside the gear, but instead of adding smaller slots they just dump 1 lvl 4 slot on the armor. And when I place my lvl 1 vitality jewel in the lvl 4 slot I feel I made a suboptimal choice. Maybe it gets better when I get more lvl 4 jewels.
Also, set bonuses seem pretty great all around. I want to move an from my 3 pcs Nargacuga set to a more attack/crit oriented set, but that true sharpness is just so awesome.
It feels like MH team wants to push people away from the vanilla meta hard and force people out of their comfort zone (which isn't a bad thing). but it is noticable.

Anyway, right now I'm farming for a Rathalos mantle, which takes forever, to get a set going w Rath helm (2 attack), chest (2 weakness exploit), Shrieking Legiana waist (2 Evade extender), Glavenus legs (2 Handicraft). Not sure about hands, yet, but I want to bring Vitality 3 (maybe w/ charm) into the set somehow while also filling up the existing armor skills to higher ranks. (WE and EE to 3, attack to 4)

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
There ara Vitality + something level 4 decos. The question is if that something is useful to you or not.
Yeah I already got one with Vitality + something else, but that obviously was so uninteresting to me that I can't even remember what it is ;)
Some of these combinations also seem to push for more skill variety.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Wish we could add our own description on our loadout setting. So when I want to choose my loadout, i know what i have to prepare with that loudout

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Does anyone else feel like they made it harder to make an "optimal" armor set in master rank? So many pieces with skills I want also have skills completely irrelevant to the build I'm going for tacked on. It felt like the HR armor sets were more focused if that makes sense.

This is especially true for bows -___________________________-

It feels like melee players can optimize their build quite easily while bows.... can't as easily do that....