• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GFdoom

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Divine Blessing honestly is a top tier skill that I would almost argue you should go out of your way to get. Absolutely incredible.
it seriously is a great (and slept on) skill. I was surprised at how often it activated. And its also great when you're getting tick damage from anything. That Divine blessing message goes off like crazy haha

GFdoom

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Considering I cant even beat the final boss and get to the actual meat of the game, probably not lol

I just wanna fight Zinogre :/
shoot that SOS out, don't try to go at it alone. You might have better luck, especially since the game has been out for a while and A lot of folks know how to deal with it

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
The difference is miniscule outside timing your hunts for speedruns, especially when the numbers you'll be seeing are smaller than those for rapid fire ammo. But your DPS is without a doubt is higher in the long run, and dropping rapid fire is a huge plus imo, regular ammo is just more comfortable to use.

I've been using RF long enough that I disagree about comfort. It just something I'm use to.

Using single fire with that huge clip size and recoil 1, i have to go back to camp to restock after my crafted second wave finishes. That's something I almost never had to do with RF because everything outside elders and their damn auras die before I'm out of ammo. It could be that I'm more selective with my shots in RF, or I simply do more damage with them, or a combo of both.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shoot that SOS out, don't try to go at it alone. You might have better luck, especially since the game has been out for a while and A lot of folks know how to deal with it
Honestly, Multiplayer makes it even worse, because half the time they're as incompetent at dodging as me.

You get on and try with people from era yet?
Not from Era, just randoms, and the few times I have its gone worse lol.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Multiplayer makes it even worse, because half the time they're as incompetent at dodging as me.

They post the session ID in the threadmarks

I would suggest letting the vets in here give ya a hand

Again get health boost 3, Divine Blessing, Felyne insurance and Fortify

Blast build wouldnt hurt either. Stay at the flanks and only go for the head on staggers and downs

Bring Farcasters and keep that health topped off. Bring Temporal Mantle/Rocksteady/Healthbooster

You can do this!

banter

Jan 12, 2018

It is almost always worse with randoms... (in my experience). If I was able to get on right now I'd help you. I've gotten pretty efficient with Shara. Hopefully some people are on and can get you through it.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Guiding Lands changes, layered Kulu-Ya-Ku armor and Astera's Private Quarters music for your Seliana home: tomorrow's update gives me (almost) everything I wanted.

Yeah, I'm so happy man, Kulu layered is all I ever wanted from layered sets.

So far I bough every single add on there was to buy and will buy whatever they have for sale. It's not something I really need but I don't mind supporting them, especially after they gave us such an amazing game and expansion.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Does anyone here know how the Defense Augment actually works? The 15 Defense bonus is clear, but it also seems to have a Divine Protection like effect on top. Since I already have DP 1 in my set I am wondering whether it actually stacks or whether I have 2 chances for it to proc now.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
You get on and try with people from era yet?
That's the main reason I created the squad.
But people seem more inclined to abandon the game and complain than ever ask for help in MH OT threads.
It even says in the threadmark that people can ask for a specific time. I'm sure that as long as the request is made in advance a group of 3 players will agree to help. Doubly so if it's during the weekend.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here know how the Defense Augment actually works? The 15 Defense bonus is clear, but it also seems to have a Divine Protection like effect on top. Since I already have DP 1 in my set I am wondering whether it actually stacks or whether I have 2 chances for it to proc now.
Crickets lol pretty sure no one has ever that augement LOL

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the main reason I created the squad.
But people are more inclined to abandon the game and complain than ever ask for help in MH OT threads.
It even says in the threadmark that people can ask for a specific time. I'm sure that as long as the request is made in advance a group of 3 players will agree to help. Doubly so if it's during the weekend.
Friend whenever you need help call my name

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure!

Would be nice to see a test on it but most augmenters focus on offense. Makes sense since defense is pretty easy to slot in with 4slot decos

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
a quick google search says that it does have a divine protection built-in, but apparently does NOT stack with the actual skill

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you on PSN? I can try to help you
I can prob help if you need. I play on psn, east coast time. I won't be able to get on till prob around 9pm tho.
Thanks for the offer, but I should probably take a break to chillax. I might need it if I cant do it later, though lol.

They post the session ID in the threadmarks

I would suggest letting the vets in here give ya a hand

Again get health boost 3, Divine Blessing, Felyne insurance and Fortify

Blast build wouldnt hurt either. Stay at the flanks and only go for the head on staggers and downs

Bring Farcasters and keep that health topped off. Bring Temporal Mantle/Rocksteady/Healthbooster

You can do this!
I got health boost, felyne insurance, and fortify last time and got pretty far. But the further you get to finishing, the more frustrating it is to fail lol. Do Demon/Armor Mega drugs override or stack on Fortify?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure!

Would be nice to see a test on it but most augmenters focus on offense. Makes sense since defense is pretty easy to slot in with 4slot decos

Never build for defense boost skill. Health boost is significantly better than even rank 7 defense boost because of how the damage formula works. Augments on weapons are expensive enough that unless your trying to build specifically for a crazy defensive tempered build, those slots are better spent elsewhere.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the offer, but I should probably take a break to chillax. I might need it if I cant do it later, though lol.

I got health boost, felyne insurance, and fortify last time and got pretty far. But the further you get to finishing, the more frustrating it is to fail lol. Do Demon/Armor Mega drugs override or stack on Fortify?

No they stack with it

Never build for defense boost skill. Health boost is significantly better than even rank 7 defense boost because of how the damage formula works. Augments on weapons are expensive enough that unless your trying to build specifically for a crazy defensive tempered build, those slots are better spent elsewhere.

The question was about the defense Weapon augment which gives 15 def and a Divine Blessing effect

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
a quick google search says that it does have a divine protection built-in, but apparently does NOT stack with the actual skill

Yeah, I read that as well now, but apparently it's not clear whether it actually gives you 2 different chances of proccing it when you have it.
Mainly asking because the Gold Rath Switch Axe can have 4 augment slots and since I use health augment only defense or elemental boost fits. Not sure whether 30 additional poison will make more of a difference tbh

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Those boost are all seperate except the regular to mega potions. Those override each other

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shara isnt a hard monster , it just super annoying that hits like a truck. Compared to something like in nerg it just annoying.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Considering I cant even beat the final boss and get to the actual meat of the game, probably not lol

I just wanna fight Zinogre :/
Shieldspire stooge is a great palico ability for the final boss. It spends a lot of time just blasting the crap out of the stooge and you can do a lot of damage by hanging out around the underbelly. Stay near the tail and you're relatively safe from attack (just run away when it goes underground).

You can use vigorwasp until the one free livesave ability kicks in then swap it for shieldspire.

Never block the big beam. It does about 70-85% damage (fortify helps) if you take the hit, but if you block it'll chip about half your health then hit you anyway because you run out of stamina.

Health boost 3 is practically a requirement. Divine is the 2nd best defensive skill. Also get level 1 mirewalker so that sand is easier to deal with.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Except it's not?

c554wkt7vhr31.jpg

latest

latest

Holy shit that is the sexiest LS I've ever seen! I'm starting to understand why people are so mad about some of the weapons designs in world.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a move that does so much damage and last a long time it should not be able to just Spam the wind beam fast and often as it does.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shieldspire stooge is a great palico ability for the final boss. It spends a lot of time just blasting the crap out of the stooge and you can do a lot of damage by hanging out around the underbelly. Stay near the tail and you're relatively safe from attack (just run away when it goes underground).

You can use vigorwasp until the one free livesave ability kicks in then swap it for shieldspire.

Never block the big beam. It does about 70-85% damage (fortify helps) if you take the hit, but if you block it'll chip about half your health then hit you anyway because you run out of stamina.

Health boost 3 is practically a requirement. Divine is the 2nd best defensive skill. Also get level 1 mirewalker so that sand is easier to deal with.
I wish I had an aqua mobility gem, the only thing i have with the skill is my barioth legs i think, which dont go great with my build

No they stack with it

The question was about the defense Weapon augment which gives 15 def and a Divine Blessing effect
Those boost are all seperate except the regular to mega potions. Those override each other
Okay thats good to know, thanks

I think my biggest problem is the AI's ability to know exactly when to use its beam. Ill do a gunlance shell release and in my recovery itll turn on a dime and immediately blast me before i have any time to move.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

I build some weapons for it and upgrade it too. I'm not sure if it stacks with Divine Protection as an armor skill although I've read it doesn't.(one wiki says it does stack) Not sure how to prove or disprove that claim though. It'd be a difficult thing to test.
Anyway the more you upgrade defense the better the Divine Protection rank, so it's a really wonderful augment to just add that Divine Protection skill without needing to build anything else around it. For certain weapon types I prefer this to the health regen mod. When there's just one augment slot left I like putting in that defense boost just for the Divine Protection level 1 alone. I just really wish the game was more clear that it was granting that skill.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What would be essential skills for the GS? I already have full Focus and Sheath 2 (I wish I had a third jewel...) but other than that I'm not sure. Is Guard worth it or are you better off evading?

Yeah, I'm so happy man, Kulu layered is all I ever wanted from layered sets.

So far I bough every single add on there was to buy and will buy whatever they have for sale. It's not something I really need but I don't mind supporting them, especially after they gave us such an amazing game and expansion.
I personally don't need the gestures or stickers, but I have happily bought some of the Handler outfits even if I tend to stick with the chef one.

MHW is one of the prime examples of (paid) DLC done right in my opinion.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
What would be essential skills for the GS? I already have full Focus and Sheath 2 (I wish I had a third jewel...) but other than that I'm not sure. Is Guard worth it or are you better off evading?
If you can evade, don't block, blocking is for when you're waking up into Velkhana's aoe with no other choice. The tackle is what you really need to learn how to use though, especially to avoid roars.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Every single laser attack it has besides maybe the single small shot. Plus, even in the first phase, without a shield, his charges and flop do 99%, and kill if he decides to charge a second time in a row.
I don't know how much this will help but here's a few tips I've learned grinding Isha with my friend for a single dumb head piece
- Focus your attacks right at his face. If you can't hit him there (in the case with most weapons I guess, but I main the LBG) try latching on and breaking his legs. I believe breaking them will topple him over. Don't forget, the bigger they are, the harder they fall: you want to get on his head as soon as possible and slam him into a wall. Look for the wall on the Left (right?) side of the first area with the rocks dangling above. Not only will Shara take damage from the slam, but also the 3 boulders falling on him. It is also possible to mount him; if you don't have a Insect Glaive user/in your party, get him by a wall and just run up it. You jump backwards and can hit him to try and get a mount.

When the armor starts crumbling off him move away as far as you can as the explosion does damage.

Other second stage things:
- The long range lasers, you should be able to dodge out of the way with a roll.
- The small thin invisible lasers are still pretty devastating to me. I've had better luck rolling forward toward Shara when he does that move.
- If you can, stay out of the sand as much as possible. Shara explodes rocks out of them and the huge super nova move will do massive damage from that (i think its a one shot KO). If you have Mirewalker, its a godsend here.
- Bring tons of supplies, maybe even more to craft. Since you can't leave the arena normally, make sure you bring a farcaster with you ALWAYS. This is especially great if you don't think you'll have a chance to recover; Farcast out, rest up, resupply and come back. You *do* have a full 50 some minutes to fight him. Also helpful are things like Demon/Armordrugs, things to make mega potions and even stuff like bombs you could try to put in front of him (he's very weak to blast type attacks)
- I believe you *can* run him into walls but its kind of hard with how massive the arena is. There's apparently some on the sides that are "traps" like the boulders in the first stage but I've never been able to get him in one.
- If all else fails, look for other people doing the quest or send out an SOS flare!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Only essential skill for GS is Focus and Crit Draw for the Crit Draw build (and this build requires a bunch of other elemental based skills as well). You definitely don't need Quick Draw.

If you can squeeze it in the build some how then Maximum Might lvl5 is pretty good with GS.

And you never want to guard with GS. Evade or tackle. Tackle through roars is fairly easy if you see it coming while you are charging up.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

I personally don't need the gestures or stickers, but I have happily bought some of the Handler outfits even if I tend to stick with the chef one.

MHW is one of the prime examples of (paid) DLC done right in my opinion.
Guard is not worth it for GS. You spend so much time sheathed that you should have an easy time dodging with superman dives and by running.

You want some sort of crit, either crit eye + weakness exploit, maximum might lvl 5, or crit draw if you're going with the velkhana set.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I wish I had an aqua mobility gem, the only thing i have with the skill is my barioth legs i think, which dont go great with my build

Okay thats good to know, thanks

I think my biggest problem is the AI's ability to know exactly when to use its beam. Ill do a gunlance shell release and in my recovery itll turn on a dime and immediately blast me before i have any time to move.
I don't play Gunlance but everyone who does hates that fight.

It's just Focus and maxing out your crit.

I tried the Crit Draw GS build and honestly it's just too boring for me to play compared to the TCS style. I can see it being effective for Kirin or Brachydios but on those matchups I'd rather just play another weapon type. Hammer does that hit-and-run playstyle better IMO.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thanks everyone!

Focus 3 is easy enough to obtain, so that leaves me with plenty of opportunity to slot in the likes of Crit eye and WE without losing my cherished Recovery Up/Speed Eating/Free Meal triumvirate.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
With GS you want to either evade or tackle through everything.

Really, most of the core skills are just damage ones. WEX, Crit Eye, Crit Boost, Handicraft if it gets you purple, etc. In terms of QoL skills it'll just be stuff like Health Boost and Divine Blessing. Quick Sheath helps a little but not too much unless you're running a pure Crit Draw set.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot when should the patch normally hit

Was it a little over 2h 30 min or 3h 30min

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, tried my fully upgraded Brachy hammer, and the first phase went from 13 minutes to 21, despite me doing constant hundreds of damage. Also, for some reason, literally refused to give me any slinger ammo? Despite clutch clawing his ass 5 times?

Every weapon I've tried(Brachy Hammer, Velk Bow, Glavenous DBs) Has been trash and worse than my Rath Gunlance, but even Gunlancing I cant do it.

I think I'm ready for those offers now -_-

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Since a hammer is a heavy weapon, it's not going to drop slinger ammo. you're going to need to pick up the stones on the ground.