• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah if you're going hammer you should definitely consider bringing a farcaster to get the slinger ammo from near the tent asap.

That said, I haven't had much trouble breaking the armor with the hammer even without running it into walls. CC the head, soften it (only needs one blow) and go ham with golfswing combos when it leaves itself open for longer periods of time. When it burrows, for example, you can hit the head quite easily and even stun it for an even bigger opening.

For the second phase, CC the hindlegs/tail and keep them softened and focus on them instead of on the forelegs/head. Much less risky and they take big damage when softened.

Edit: also, if I remember correctly, you can actually summon piles of stones in the first phase by luring it to the two ledges (which you can actually stand on and jump off). Shara should break them easily, but they leave a stone pile in their wake. This gives you unlimited slinger ammo for the rest of the fight.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

GrossEuphoricGalapagostortoise-size_restricted.gif

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if you're going hammer you should definitely consider bringing a farcaster to get the slinger ammo from near the tent asap.

That said, I haven't had much trouble breaking the armor with the hammer even without running it into walls. CC the head, soften it (only needs one blow) and go ham with golfswing combos when it leaves itself open for longer periods of time. When it burrows, for example, you can hit the head quite easily and even stun it for an even bigger opening.

For the second phase, CC the hindlegs/tail and keep them softened and focus on them instead of on the forelegs/head. Much less risky and they take big damage when softened.

Edit: also, if I remember correctly, you can actually summon piles of stones in the first phase by luring it to the two ledges (which you can actually stand on and jump off). Shara should break them easily, but they leave a stone pile in their wake. This gives you unlimited slinger ammo for the rest of the fight.
Yeah, I did all that and was doing constant damage, plus multiple 600 damage blasts, and it still somehow took longer than Gunlance.

Also, shit, didnt even notice the torchpods were there lol

He drops stones after a certain threshold I think. I can help you kill him
It'd be appreciated! Im about to join the era session now

edit: or not? the threadmarked session id no longer works

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The session Id resets whenever the session empties. I was playing between 21:00 and 22:00 but now it's 23:00 here and I have to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow. Maybe another squad member will post the Id if they are online.
Posting your own session Id so others can join you might be faster for an impromptu hunt.
ah, gotcha!

--

For anyone that wants to help walk me through this :D

4hDi YQQ7 ZpzJ

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
Mini whine: How do people die to Ruiner Nerg, he is the easiest elder to fight, guess I shouldn't be too surprised with randos.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that ending proves that whenever the cutscenes are just kaiju battles, theyre so much more entertaining.

Nergigante is just Godzilla at this point. Best character in the story.

Join the era squad if you can. Everyone I've played with on here is a solid player. Good hunt!
How do you join squads again, lol? That's the only part of MHW I've never touched.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Man, that ending proves that whenever the cutscenes are just kaiju battles, theyre so much more entertaining.

Nergigante is just Godzilla at this point. Best character in the story.

How do you join squads again, lol? That's the only part of MHW I've never touched.
Next time xEik is online they can invite you since they're the guild leader. Basically it'll let you easily join in on the squad session without having to look up what the session ID is every time.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Would be incredible if they added in the MR sets as well. Unlikely, but what if?

They will in the future updates I think. I don't think we even get full roster of high rank sets yet, just a few to start with. That way they will have a bunch of layered sets coming with each monthly update. I think it's gonna be all Rarity 5 sets for now, maybe a few Rarity 6 but not much.

Last edited:

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They will probably add them in a later update.
At this point I am pretty sure that they intended from the start to release all the layered armor in waves in order to keep the playtime high, even long after the initial release.
They will in the future updates I think. I don't think we even get full roster of high rank sets yet, just a few to start with. That way they will have a bunch of layered sets coming with each monthly update.

Oh I have no doubt this will be the case and I'm 100% here for it to become a monthly thing. I guess I just prefer the look of MR gear and want to craft their layered versions asap.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
No matter how bad Rajang will be, it can never, ever be worse than fighting Savage Deviljho and Lunastra back to back in the GL. I carted like 7 times in total and I hate myself.

neveragainvmk1n.jpg

Never again.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I always thought rajang was already in the game you just needed to max out every level in the guiding lands.

I hope they make a mega man decor room set.