• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
And done!

Layered sets are super easy to craft: 3 GL monster mats, 3 regular monster mats (think: shards, cortex, hides), 3 GL monster bones (T1 or T2 ones) and some GL ore.

Irony has it that I can craft every single set... except the Kulu-Ya-Ku one I want the most because I have only 1 Kulu hide.

Edit: The Leather, Chain and Hunter sets are also available, as well as the Vespoid, Hornetaur and even the one-piece Shamos, Kastodon, etc. ones.

calloumiii

Sep 14, 2018
And done!

Layered sets are super easy to craft: 3 GL monster mats, 3 regular monster mats (think: shards, cortex, hides), 3 GL monster bones (T1 or T2 ones) and some GL ore.

Irony has it that I can craft every single set... except the Kulu-Ya-Ku one I want the most because I have only 1 Kulu hide.

Which sets are available? Is it just a few HR ones, or all of them?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
monsterhunterworld_ici9k5t.jpg

I'm so glad we're finally able to use these sets. The Leather and Hunter ones in particular were criminally underused by the game.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And done!

Edit: The Leather, Chain and Hunter sets are also available, as well as the Vespoid, Hornetaur and even the one-piece Shamos, Kastodon, etc. ones.
So the completely cosmetic version of the lesser armors requires end game grinding? Really Capcom? What's their obsession with overcomplicating a basic ass feature that should just be a box to tick, jesus.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The update is live already? Shit why am I wasting time not downloading this!

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they made them relatively easy to acquire. They could have locked it behind Tempered Elder materials and I would have been perfectly happy grinding for them. Maybe they'll do that for HR Elder layers or MR tier layers...

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yes! The Zinogre Skymerald and Rath Gleam have been added to the melder!

I'm surprised they made them relatively easy to acquire. They could have locked it behind Tempered Elder materials and I would have been perfectly happy grinding for them. Maybe they'll do that for HR Elder layers or MR tier layers...
Please don't give them ideas.

Seriously though, part of me was afraid this would be the case. I am happy they made them fairly accessible.

Also note that there might be sets missing depending on whether or not you have the particular monster GL mats. In my case I haven't fought regular Barroth and Tobi-Kadachi yet, so their sets are missing from my list.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What's up with the patch installs for this game anyway? I remember this happening with the last major update too. Pretty small file size to download, but the install seems like it's reinstalling the entirety of the game again. I don't recall any other ps4 game doing this. Just a weird way Capcom decided to program the patches or what? Oh well, almost done.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Huh, his weapons seem pretty disappointing to be honest. Granted I can only see the rarity 11 and not 12. It looks like they will have the highest raw damage but they tacked on a pitiful amount of thunder damage so you can't use non elemental boost and they have negative affinity.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Really wish I would of known to capture monsters you want to farm. I need those 3 slots from the Yian greaves

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Rajang armor looks great, especially beta but skill wise isn't that great. Head piece is nice tho lvl2 Weakness exploit and lvl4 and lvl1 deco slot.

Bonuses:
2 pieces Mind's Eye
4 pieces Protective polish

Pendant that you get for the quest is nice. Also all the weapons have unique look and I'm pretty sure the highest raw dmg.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good Greatsword? Or a few to aim for?

The Shara one seems good but I've killed that sucker 5 times in the past hour and haven't gotten a single plate that I need.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

The Shara one seems good but I've killed that sucker 5 times in the past hour and haven't gotten a single plate that I need.

Acidic Glavenus, highest attack damage.

The main weakness is that it has terrible sharpness, you'll only get a sliver of Purple at Lv 5 handicraft. Not a lot of white sharpness either.

Deviljho GS also has high attack damage similar to Shara, but with huge negative affinity and no purple sharpness.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Girros, Radobaan, and Leather layered are great additions. I could do without everything else.

Acidic Glav. We were only working with 10 units of white sharpness in base World with Master's Touch anyway and did fine with that, GS doesn't really need more.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I can finally use the leather armor as a layered armor! This game is officially my favorite game of all time.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I've defeated Rajang twice and both times when I had him limping and asleep, I caught him in a trap after tranqing and somehow the quest didn't end. When I used a second trap just seconds later he got captured. Either this is a bug or some kind of deliberately programmed behavior.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Okay so I've defeated Rajang twice and both times when I had him limping and asleep, I caught him in a trap after tranqing and somehow the quest didn't end. When I used a second trap just seconds later he got captured. Either this is a bug or some kind of deliberately programmed behavior.

Which trap did you use?

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which trap did you use?

I tried a shock trap which doesn't work when he's unenraged, I know, but the thing is that the trap actually does work, he gets trapped, but the quest doesn't end. In contrast, if you use a shock trap on a sleeping electrified Zinogre it will still work and complete the quest.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I tried a shock trap which doesn't work when he's unenraged, I know, but the thing is that the trap actually does work, he gets trapped, but the quest doesn't end. In contrast, if you use a shock trap on a sleeping electrified Zinogre it will still work and complete the quest.

From what I understand, shock trap works when he is unenraged, pitfall is the one that works when he is enraged.

But if the quest doesn't end then that sounds like a bug

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Teostra is such a fun fight, and such a breath of fresh air compared to Lunastra.

Also hunting Teostra, breaking his wings and horns, and gathering a bunch of his tracks increased my Wildspire region with about 25% at level 5. Compare that to Lunastra before the patch, which barely did anything for the level meter.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
It may be that I did have a good sound system but the thunder roaring in the distance on this Kirin special assignment is awesome. Felt epic even though the fight is trash

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Its so great to finally have some sets as layered armor hope the rate at which they add more is pretty high.

Also that Rajang fight was a pain. Maybe when I am not tired it won't take forever lol