• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Is Lunastra really that bad in Master Rank?

I really didnt have a hard time with her in HR once i had a counter build made

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yes Handler, I heard you loud and clear. If it attack the tail he'll go out of rampage mode sooner.

Have you considered the fact that it's a fucking rampaging Rajang and maybe hitting the tail is tough? At tough enough that I might not be able to do it in the next 30 seconds before you remind me? AGAIN?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yes Handler, I heard you loud and clear. If it attack the tail he'll go out of rampage mode sooner.

Have you considered the fact that it's a fucking rampaging Rajang and maybe hitting the tail is tough? At tough enough that I might not be able to do it in the next 30 seconds before you remind me? AGAIN?
lmao! Same thought crossed my mind during the RAGE

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
I just started Iceborne and these monsters take forever to take down. Yeah I'm using old rarity 8 gear but it's still ridiculous.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Its Nova move is ridiculously strong. It's wiped entire teams in my experience due to the gusts of wind knocking everyone on their asses and burning alive.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Haha yup.

"Handler are you watching what is happening here. I am trying.. god"

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Its Nova move is ridiculously strong. It's wiped entire teams in my experience due to the gusts of wind knocking everyone on their asses and burning alive.

Sounds the same as it was in high rank

Whats changed? Fire proof mantle, health boosters, heat guard were enough to deal with it though the damage scaling for MR might push up the requirements for not dying to the nova

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sounds the same as it was in high rank

Whats changed? Fire proof mantle, health boosters, heat guard were enough to deal with it though the damage scaling for MR might push up the requirements for not dying to the nova

As you long as you come prepared I think you'll be good to go. You know what's up. Just don't be surprised when it Novas again a minute after the last one :P

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got the stats on the final form Rajang weapons? Or is that too soon to ask?

I just want to know if I should start grinding now to get some or if I shouldn't bother. The base form already has A.Glavenus level attack so I'm thinking it's not an awful idea, but I don't know how bad the sharpness gets.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, yes she is. And I'm someone who actually like her in HR.

- Supernova spam. (I farcastered back to avoid her nova, by the time I got back to her, she use another nova lmao).
- Constant roar.
- New moveset is basically mini version of her nova.
- Ridiculously aggressive and fast.

Shara armor sets with Glider+Fireproof is godsend for her.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
As you long as you come prepared I think you'll be good to go. You know what's up. Just don't be surprised when it Novas again a minute after the last one :P

Was always able to tank through it with a counter build

I think people just don't take the time to make builds since most monsters dont have a hard requirement for it.

But you kind of have to with Luna

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Rajang's armour actually seems like it's pretty decent. Lot of slots, two piece for both mind's eye and weakness exploit.
I'm bummed that they didn't give it a brand new set bonus and just used ones already in the game.

Just like when Lunastra got added. Except now it's just two level 2 decos instead of 1.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Too noob to think that windproof would work against Kushala, right? 35 minutes wasted. -_-

Honestly, what does Windproof purpose is? Seems to be the most useless thing.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Shrieking Legiana was really, really awful. Like I'm ok with tough, but between the camera, spinning around the tiny areas, and

TWO OF THEM ALL THE TIME

It was a total clusterfuck of a mission and very, very frustrating. Beat it in 2p with no wipes, but took 35 mins and took all of my patience. Definitely done for the night after this. Every other fight's been fun, but this one was not.

Would've been fine if it was just 1 of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

Whatever your build is, you really need a specific plan to counter her supernova, otherwise things can get real ugly real fast.

I don't think Windproof works too, since her wind is classified as Dragon, I believe, so you need to include 3 Kushala armor at least. In fact, I will go as far as saying it's a requirement to fight her.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't mind hunting Kirin per se, but in this case it feels kind of lame. The whole point is to fight Rajang, so why make us go on a pointless hunt for Kirin?

I would've preferred a setup where you go investigate a Kirin in the GL only to arrive just in time to see Rajang break the horn and turn on you.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
If you guys gonna go farm mats in the new volcanic region of GL more leyered armors will show up as you gonna have new mats for them.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
Got my Girros layered until I get full Rajang armor (it's pretty good too and B set looks great).

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Oooooh weapons can get another extra slot augment now that Rajang is here. Sweeeet

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Rajang is bullshit. I'm foresight slashing all his shit and still carting. I'll try again tomorrow after work

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Too noob to think that windproof would work against Kushala, right? 35 minutes wasted. -_-

Honestly, what does Windproof purpose is? Seems to be the most useless thing.

Get the three piece Kushala set bonus, it'll make a world of difference.

And yes I realize the irony of the situation but think of it as an investment! You only need to suffer 5 Kushala hunts and the rest would be normal

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Shrieking Legiana was really, really awful. Like I'm ok with tough, but between the camera, spinning around the tiny areas, and

TWO OF THEM ALL THE TIME

It was a total clusterfuck of a mission and very, very frustrating. Beat it in 2p with no wipes, but took 35 mins and took all of my patience. Definitely done for the night after this. Every other fight's been fun, but this one was not.

Yeah, either Legiana or Shrieking are both pushovers really if it's just one of them.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone got the stats on the final form Rajang weapons? Or is that too soon to ask?

I just want to know if I should start grinding now to get some or if I shouldn't bother. The base form already has A.Glavenus level attack so I'm thinking it's not an awful idea, but I don't know how bad the sharpness gets.

Not yet, I'm missing matts for it. The missing one might be from tempered version if there is one, cause otherwise not sure what it could be.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure how long I'll keep playing if all the new monsters are just more of the same "let's see how hard we can make this" garbage. For me at least the size and speed of it make it so I can't use most of the weapons against it. I can't even imagine the hell that fight would be with a greatsword. I like challenge but I also like fun and at least after 3 times I can say I don't find the Rajang fight fun. Then to top it all off his weapons are complete garbage.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017

TWO OF THEM ALL THE TIME

Friendly reminder that dung pods exist. So many people in hunts that I SOS into seem to forget this fact.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When I saw the Handler waiting for me to investigate the GL together I immediately knew it was going to be one of those missions. And sure enough, now she's constantly distracting me with unwanted advice while I need all my concentration to deal with the wild ape charging me.