• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh those majestic horns from diablos seem to be really rare or I am really unlucky. And I need two of them to upgrade my weapon.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Urgh those majestic horns from diablos seem to be really rare or I am really unlucky. And I need two of them to upgrade my weapon.

They aren't compared to gems. Bring screamer pods and two traps if your melee, break them then leave quest and check rewards. Should be 5 minute runs with solo hp. For easy mode, bring an ice bow gun and just lay into its head Everytime it turns to you.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the 15th anniversary videos from gaijinhunter channel.

That MH1 and MHTri part are pure nostalgia bliss.

Also Fatalis hype !

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Good idea. I tend to hord those items and never use them. Time to make the most out of it. Thanks for your help yesterday!
I'll help you out if I can catch you online, I honestly thought you already got at least one or a few of them because we made sure those horns were definitely broken and thats already a 65% chance plus the silver and gold rewards.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I want to make a Sticky LBG, should I go with Savage Deviljho or Yian Garuga as the base? I can pursue either at this point.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Ok so I have beaten both Behemoth from Special Assignments and Optional. Now how do I unlock Extremoth?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I just got to the Guiding lands, how does it all work?

Do I beat random monsters there, to level it up, to then get more stronger monsters?

The Game has been teasing Ruin nergi so much, but it seems i cant fight him yet....

Nov 7, 2017
So I just got to the Guiding lands, how does it all work?

Do I beat random monsters there, to level it up, to then get more stronger monsters?

The Game has been teasing Ruin nergi so much, but it seems i cant fight him yet....
You get new monsters at hr49, 69 and 99. Ruiner nerg is 99. Guiding lands is for farming monster drops that are only available in guiding lands. and those monsters only spawn when their specific area is at the right level. So if you have a wishlist of gear you want. figure out the best 2 or 3 areas u want to level up. also be sure to equip one geologist gem as it doubles the amt of monster drops u can pick up.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You get new monsters at hr49, 69 and 99. Ruiner nerg is 99. Guiding lands is for farming monster drops that are only available in guiding lands. and those monsters only spawn when their specific area is at the right level. So if you have a wishlist of gear you want. figure out the best 2 or 3 areas u want to level up. also be sure to equip one geologist gem as it doubles the amt of monster drops u can pick up.
How do I get and equip that gem? How do I level up the areas I want?

Do you not get any more investigations of those new monsters, or optional? Can I only fight nergi and zinogre there?

And when you say monster drops, you mean attacking them and get what they drop? Or do you mean carve those rocks that give stuff?

Nov 7, 2017
How do I get and equip that gem? How do I level up the areas I want?

Do you not get any more investigations of those new monsters, or optional? Can I only fight nergi and zinogre there?

And when you say monster drops, you mean attacking them and get what they drop? Or do you mean carve those rocks that give stuff?
You should have a geology decoration by now. And yeah monster drops are the little shiny white drops that happen when you break a part or whatever.
Basically you want to raise your mr to 100 as fast as possible so all of the materials for upgrades and augments are available to you. Since most of those materials are only available in guiding lands

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You should have a geology decoration by now. And yeah monster drops are the little shiny white drops that happen when you break a part or whatever.
Basically you want to raise your mr to 100 as fast as possible so all of the materials for upgrades and augments are available to you. Since most of those materials are only available in guiding lands
and that is the only place i can fight nergi, zinogre, rajang etc?

Do they eventually become optional quests?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You can capture them to get their special arena, also you get investigations from their mats and tracks.
There's no Rajang optional (for some ungodly reason) so your only hopes are investigations and GL. Also unlike a lot of other weapons, all of the final Rajang weapon upgrades need GL mats from the tempered version, so getting those GL levels up is even more important.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing with Lance a lot recently.
Counter-claw is just amazing against monsters with big hitboxes (for physical attacks at least).
It's like having a temporal mantle on command.
It's been great for fighting tempered monsters where other people are scared of clawing due to the shake-off damage being high.
The only tricky part is learning the monster attacks so you can time it right. I actually get annoyed when a monster misses me ("Come on, what's with the crazy hit boxes in this game, that totally hit me!")

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I've beaten optional arenas for Gold and Silver Raths but I didn't see them in my actual quest list afterwards. Does this mean I have to raise my MR further?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten optional arenas for Gold and Silver Raths but I didn't see them in my actual quest list afterwards. Does this mean I have to raise my MR further?
The optional arenas rotate in and out.

The only other optional quest for Silver and Gold is unlocked at MR 125 and has you fight both (sucks if you can't beat Gold before Silver spawns, but you get a Research Ticket+ as well). If you want to fight them separately and don't have investigations, you'll need to do the event quests.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game just keeps getting better and better. Just finished the main game. Final boss took me 40 min solo. Played 40 hours so far and haven't event touched Iceborne yet. Amazing value.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Went to hunt a daora kushala the first time. Made it solo until the monster was almost dead and went to sleep and bombed it out of his sleep. He managed to stun me with his winds and made me cart a third time so that I failed the quest. I was a bit disappointed because I spent 30 minutes fighting it for failing close at the end. But I thought this is the first time I fought the monster so it is fine. I tried the quest immediately after that again and send an SOS. We made it until the exact spot (I bombed it again out his sleep) when someone carted the third time and we failed again. The world seems unfair sometimes. Now I crafted some wind resistant armor and I plan to come back tomorrow.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Went to hunt a daora kushala the first time. Made it solo until the monster was almost dead and went to sleep and bombed it out of his sleep. He managed to stun me with his winds and made me cart a third time so that I failed the quest. I was a bit disappointed because I spent 30 minutes fighting it for failing close at the end. But I thought this is the first time I fought the monster so it is fine. I tried the quest immediately after that again and send an SOS. We made it until the exact spot (I bombed it again out his sleep) when someone carted the third time and we failed again. The world seems unfair sometimes. Now I crafted some wind resistant armor and I plan to come back tomorrow.
When Kushala starts limping before he goes to his lair, flash him out of the sky as soon as he takes flight. This avoids the tornado pandemonium that is the top of elder's recess (I'm assuming you are fighting Kushala there). You do miss the bomb wake up damage but in the end is better than fighting him there.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
When I claim my daily login the news said that the events for hzd ans re2 already available (even spelled the quests name) but its not in the quest board.

Edit : seems like a bad wording, should have been "available starting from" instead of "available until".

Last edited:

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
When Kushala starts limping before he goes to his lair, flash him out of the sky as soon as he takes flight. This avoids the tornado pandemonium that is the top of elder's recess (I'm assuming you are fighting Kushala there). You do miss the bomb wake up damage but in the end is better than fighting him there.

Thx I will try it. Yeah the last area is super tight to fight it.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Thx I will try it. Yeah the last area is super tight to fight it.
I forgot to warn you that Wind Resist 5 does nothing against Kushala's wind aura so don't invest on it for this fight.
The only things that work against his aura are Kushala's armor bonus which you obviously won't have before the first time you kill him or the All Wind Resist song (two swirls) from a hunting horn.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Take a farcaster for the final phase if you want to cheese it. Use the farcaster if you get blocked in by tornadoes.
By the time you've restocked bombs and returned, the tornadoes have gone and Kushala will go back to sleep for another round of wake up bomb damage.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to warn you that Wind Resist 5 does nothing against Kushala's wind aura so don't invest on it for this fight.
The only things that work against his aura are Kushala's armor bonus which you obviously won't have before the first time you kill him or the All Wind Resist song (two swirls) from a hunting horn.

I learned the hard way that windproof skill does nothing against the wind from daora kushala. That is the power of an elder dragon I guess. Managed to beat it solo in sub 30 minutes. I was late with flashing it before it retreated to its roost. Bombed it again out of its sleep and had a tough last phase. But I didn't cart even once. I also swapped out the vitality mantle against vitality booster. Works much better! Now two more elder dragons to go!

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Also why do i always fail when i join sos session? I think it is either the server is broken or the leader rejects my help due to unknown reason.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Btw is it me or flashpods literally become useless in master rank?
Also how to initiate RE event?

Flashpod still useful in MR for bringing down enraged flying monster (cough...shrieking legiana....cough), for interupting monster attack, for saving other players (whenever I see someone with low health and is in bad spot, I always shoot flashpod) and/or simply for giving you breathing room (for whetstone or setting traps).

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they should bring back the claw in world 2. Outside of the wall banging mechanic , which is wonky as hell, I just don't find it to be a interesting mechanic

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Flashpod still useful in MR for bringing down enraged flying monster (cough...shrieking legiana....cough), for interupting monster attack, for saving other players (whenever I see someone with low health and is in bad spot, I always shoot flashpod) and/or simply for giving you breathing room (for whetstone or setting traps).
Flash Pods are also mandatory for Tempered Savage Jho and Tempered Rajang that can kill you in 1 hit with their pin attacks that you can't avoid if you get caught while they're enraged. It's super nice to not have to rely on other pod drops or having Crystal Bursts/Scatter Nuts nearby (though you can't load them while you're down which really sucks, not sure why they changed this from the older games).
I don't think they should bring back the claw in world 2. Outside of the wall banging mechanic , which is wonky as hell, I just don't find it to be a interesting mechanic
Claw needs to stay just because Counter Claw is so fun to use on Lance.