• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If you don't feel like grinding, you could always wait for the event quests. The Goldian/Silverlos ones were last week if I'm not mistaken and the Brute Tigrex event quest should return either this Thursday or next week.

I don't think Scarred Yian Garuga has one, but he can be unlocked by gathering L2 tempered tracks anyway.

Unless you need their GL mats, of course.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
If you don't feel like grinding, you could always wait for the event quests. The Goldian/Silverlos ones were last week if I'm not mistaken and the Brute Tigrex event quest should return either this Thursday or next week.

I don't think Scarred Yian Garuga has one, but he can be unlocked by gathering L2 tempered tracks anyway.

Unless you need their GL mats, of course.
i don't need their mats, but it would be nice to fight them just for completion's sake

i'm also in no rush, so *shrug*

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, i'd really want to play on PC with my friends for the launch, but i played on PS4 all along.

Is there a way to get a save with story \ Raider Ride \ palico \ canteen-etc all unlocked and then play normally?

I'll gladly farm all needed weapons and armors again, but optional quests are too much.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You know what's the best part of photo mode?

EIpsRvCWkAYrG8x

EIpsRR1WoAAUe89

EIpsQ0CWsAAtr07

Everything.

Just hit 500 hours too. I thought I'd get bored of this game but it still hasn't happened. Here's to another 500.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Alright did the witcher quest tonight...and it was surprisingly hard. The leshen made me cart three times on my first attempt and I felt really embarrassed. Beat it on my second try in which I carted only one time. Really neat idea with the quest, I really liked it!

The best part of Witcher quest is seeing Geralt getting complete immunity to fall damage lmao.

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I can relate. I havent met luna yet in master rank, i have for teostra and his nova attack one hit killed me
it wasn't even regular master rank luna, it was guiding lands "hey let me join the fight that's going on" lunastra

and i swear to god she was trolling me because she jumped in front of all my bow shots for a good 1-2 minutes when i wasn't even aiming at her

it didn't help that the 3 other players who decided to join all wanted to target luna when i tried targeting black diablos and used a lure for it, only for the TEMPERED version to show up and not have the right goddamn drops i need, which i only found out after trying and dying to fight it for 20 minutes straight

in the end i booted everyone out of the expedition and lured angry deviljoe or whatever its name is, grabbed the one mat i needed, and got the fuck out of there

SnesCartman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I'm really like playing in guiding lands, on my guild card my MR games is 100 and GL twice at that. it's more relaxing and less pressure, plus more exp for your rank.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
At this point of my mhw life i dont think i want to so much time just to level up a region. I dont have that much free time

I can relate. I havent met luna yet in master rank, i have for teostra and his nova attack one hit killed me

I don't even bother with grinding land. The only augment I had is 10% affinity and I just use Crit Eye 4 charm for most of my build.

You are going to love MR Luna if you hate Teo.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fixed an issue where decorations would be removed from a mantle when calling up a registered loadout, even though the mantle has decorations equipped.

Finally. I knew it was borked.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Fixed an issue where while using the hammer, a hunter would perform a flinch shot immediately after grappling onto a monster, regardless if the player could control the hunter

This happened all the time and I always second guessed if I pressed R2 or not. Glad to know it's being fixed.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Patch notes up.
https://www.monsterhunter.com/update/mhw/uk/ver11_50.html

Important bits
  • Get your Moly trophies tonight before this drops
  • Geologist still works
  • They finally fixed the negative affinity Palico bug
  • Hopefully the CC is less wonky now

Wait... why get the Moly trophies now? Looks like it will be easier to get Molys after this update.

• Fixed an issue where the appearance rate of Molys would greatly increase when the Felyne Zoomaster skill was activated.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Wait... why get the Moly trophies now? Looks like it will be easier to get Molys after this update.

• Fixed an issue where the appearance rate of Molys would greatly increase when the Felyne Zoomaster skill was activated.
The issue is that Molys appearance rate was greatly increased. So they fixed it, and it will no longer be greatly increased.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The issue is that Molys appearance rate was greatly increased. So they fixed it, and it will no longer be greatly increased.

Really?!?!?!? That is insane - that was definitely not the case for me... would spend 2 hours looking for molys with Zoomaster proc'd and I'd find them 2 or 3 times at max (when hunting for the rare ones in GL level 7 regions). If they are lowering the appearance rate.... jesus.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Really?!?!?!? That is insane - that was definitely not the case for me... would spend 2 hours looking for molys with Zoomaster proc'd and I'd find them 2 or 3 times at max (when hunting for the rare ones in GL level 7 regions). If they are lowering the appearance rate.... jesus.
I agree it doesn't make sense, but that's what their wording means. Maybe it's a fuck up like how they announced the RE quest ends on the day it actually begins.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
The clutch claws sucks. It basically makes all the mantles besides temporal and rocksteady useless because why use the other mantles? And then depending on weapon you have to do up to two clutch claw attacks to tenderize the monster which sucks. Not to mention that the whole mechanic is so wonky and feel like it's going to break at any second.

That's no different than standard MHW.

Evasion and Impact are still stronger mantles IMO.

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
oh yeah i forgot to mention in my madness yesterday, i finally got all the mats i needed for the wyvern luna longsword and 3 pieces of gold rath armor

i can rest for now

i always bring elemental mantles because they're useful as hell and i don't have to drop armor abilities, so saying that only temporal and rocksteady are any good is laughable

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Glider mantle is actually pretty good as you can have huge uptime on an two extra lvl4 decos.

Also I usually bring one Elemental mantle for certain fights, alongside Rocksteady and Temporal.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
oh yeah i forgot to mention in my madness yesterday, i finally got all the mats i needed for the wyvern luna longsword and 3 pieces of gold rath armor

i can rest for now

i always bring elemental mantles because they're useful as hell and i don't have to drop armor abilities, so saying that only temporal and rocksteady are any good is laughable

Generally I use Rocksteady and Temporal combo. But for some monsters, ones with nasty elemental attack (Kirin, Velkhana, Teo/Luna, Namielle, Metal Rath, etc) or one where Rocksteady means suicide (Uragaan, Bazel), I use Elemental mantle.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Glider mantle is actually pretty good as you can have huge uptime on an two extra lvl4 decos.

Also I usually bring one Elemental mantle for certain fights, alongside Rocksteady and Temporal.

I love the glider mantle. It's always in my load-out for those sweet Lvl4 slots and easier mounts. It's almost worth it as well just so I can glide down on a monster's head and land a lvl3 hammer charge. I usually take Glider and the appropriate Elemental. I never feel right taking the temporal, feels too much like cheating and the slots suck.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Also, this just in, Rocket powered great sword gets master rank upgrade with seething bazel parts and ticket from the new charge blade event.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Also, this just in, Rocket powered great sword gets master rank upgrade with seething bazel parts and ticket from the new charge blade event.
WHAT

edit: okay I saw the stats and it's not very good. 1296 raw and -15% affinity AND r12? Ugh. It's definitely worse than the current meta and probably still gets outdamaged by Hidden Blade II and Chrome Deathscythe. Silver Rath has the same stats (loses 5% due to no NEB) but has like 25% base affinity so you can fit way more stuff with it. They murdered my boy.

The new Black Eagle CB is laughably bad as well. No one should be using this over Zinogre CB.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I spent like, 30 minutes trying to mix and match my MR Vaal Hazak and Gold Rath armor pieces while also trying to find room for a 5th piece of armor that has enough Earplugs skill so i don't have to use a bunch of Earplugs decos, while ALSO balancing the number of general slots available so I can keep the skills I want.

It was like some nightmare version of Tetris.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
WHAT

edit: okay I saw the stats and it's not very good. 1296 raw and -15% affinity AND r12? Ugh. It's definitely worse than the current meta and probably still gets outdamaged by Hidden Blade II and Chrome Deathscythe. Silver Rath has the same stats (loses 5% due to no NEB) but has like 25% base affinity so you can fit way more stuff with it. They murdered my boy.

The new Black Eagle CB is laughably bad as well. No one should be using this over Zinogre CB.
Imagine using a weapon because you like how it looks.