• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have never played a meta set and never will. I recently dropped the Acidic Glav hammer for the Silver Rath one just because it's a freakin Silver Rath head on a stick. Damage be damned.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Another Scarred Garuga investigation (which took me 2 days to obtain) finished and still no gold crown. Saw a really huge one but it doesn't even update my current largest record.

I gave up and just hope there are crown event for it.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Ah shit, here we go again

26izl3kne9x31.jpg

Rocketu powered greatsword!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Another Scarred Garuga investigation (which took me 2 days to obtain) finished and still no gold crown. Saw a really huge one but it doesn't even update my current largest record.

I gave up and just hope there are crown event for it.
That's what I'm hoping for for most/all of the new monsters. I don't have it in me to crown snipe that many monsters. Not after getting the base Platinum.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the deal with the event?

How is zombie different than Effluvia? Is Vaal any tougher? Is it a guaranteed crown (please say yes)?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance to see your build? Please?

unknown.png

I would recommend having 1 or 2 points in Handicraft for comfort. Currently I have one instead of a Critical lvl 4 decoration because I simply lack it. You can get lvl5 Agitator on this build but that requires an extremely rare double Challenger lvl4 Deco. I can also recommend getting a Charger lvl4 jewel in there (I use it on my Glider mantle, sometimes I swap into main build for a Challenger).

This build has a ton of defense and very respectable damage. Affinity is actually at like 97% because this is using old Crit Eye skill values.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they really did everything they could to make sure that the Black Eagle wouldn't end up on every set like the Wyvern Ignition did in base world.

The fucking Tobi CB is better than this thing, not mention the Zinogre CB. I wouldn't use this thing if it had Impact phials, much less Power Element with only 270 Thunder (plus R12 and no customs, so good luck getting that number up). What a waste.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Man, they really did everything they could to make sure that the Black Eagle wouldn't end up on every set like the Wyvern Ignition did in base world.

The fucking Tobi CB is better than this thing, not mention the Zinogre CB. I wouldn't use this thing if it had Impact phials, much less Power Element with only 270 Thunder (plus R12 and no customs, so good luck getting that number up). What a waste.
Yeah I knew once I realized that it was a thunder elemental phial that it would be disappointing but this is actual trash. It's basically a HR CB.

There's no point to these event weapons if they make them this bad. Plus thunder element is only good on like 4 monsters.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it called thunder and not lightning or electric. Thunder is just noise.

Lots of things get this wrong.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
EI1K9cOUwAEq1-A

Pretty sure this is the best you can do with the new Wyvern Ignition, it's definitely not as strong as Shara/Acidic Glav/Ruiner//Narg/etc but it doesnt look ugly so whatever I'll roll with this for now. Hits 100% affinity on tenderized weakspots with affinity augment and Agitator active, 90% without.

Highest TCS I got on Jho was 1570ish but most TCSes were hitting for 1250ish at his stomach/arms. Not gonna bother making a build for the new CB since Zinogre CB still looks great and outclasses it in every way by a large margin.

Capcom, just give me weapon transmog so I can stop using these ugly bone weapons.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So what events went up this week, Horizon Frozen Wilds, Resident Evil, Wyvern Ignition and Black Eagles? How long are each up for and how many tickets does each need?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
So what events went up this week, Horizon Frozen Wilds, Resident Evil, Wyvern Ignition and Black Eagles? How long are each up for and how many tickets does each need?

Horizon event should be up on 22-11.

RE Claire and Leon each cost 6 ticket, I got 4 on my first hunt.

———

RIP just noticed they sold the Moga/Val Habar music and a bunch of monster statue for your room on PSstore.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So besides looking cool the black eagle charge blade is pretty useless?

No of course not

Why is this thread dominated by meta qualifiers

None of the endgame weapons are useless. Build what you want unless you are speed running.

The core factor you should focus on is personal enjoyment while hunting and this weapon has plenty of power to get the job done even if its not best in class

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
The contest should have been won by a Hunting Horn so the usual suspects can complain a bit more.
For extra bonus points, make that HH so overpowered that bothering with any other weapons in the meta becomes useless.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
is it me of have they screwed up the sorting of the item bar strip thing? Have to rearrange my item bar everytime I log into the game now..

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the way Sakurai goes all-out for every fighter pass collaboration really makes me wish we could get Monster Hunter representation in the roster. Imagine getting like 20 songs, ten remixes, a cool stage, all that shit.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
So besides looking cool the black eagle charge blade is pretty useless?
The only saving grace it has is its sharpness, which isn't all that important on CB compared to other weapons. It might be half decent for some niche Savage Axe exclusive build in the arena when you don't want to sharpen, but it's stats are so bad that there isn't a real reason to use it over Tobi and Zinogre CBs aside from looks.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The only saving grace it has is its sharpness, which isn't all that important on CB compared to other weapons. It might be half decent for some niche Savage Axe exclusive build in the arena when you don't want to sharpen, but it's stats are so bad that there isn't a real reason to use it over Tobi and Zinogre CBs aside from looks.
If you wanted a no-sharpen build you'd just run Master's Touch. The purple doesn't even matter than much seeing as the boosts from it aren't that big.

It's just like the DMC CB. Insane sharpness but shit everything else (and it's Thunder, the worst element). But at least Dante's was Impact. This is Power Element and somehow has the 2nd worst Thunder element of the fully upgraded CBs.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Seeing the way Sakurai goes all-out for every fighter pass collaboration really makes me wish we could get Monster Hunter representation in the roster. Imagine getting like 20 songs, ten remixes, a cool stage, all that shit.
And The Handler as the Monster Hunter representative in Smash :P

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
If you wanted a no-sharpen build you'd just run Master's Touch. The purple doesn't even matter than much seeing as the boosts from it aren't that big.

It's just like the DMC CB. Insane sharpness but shit everything else (and it's Thunder, the worst element). But at least Dante's was Impact. This is Power Element and somehow has the 2nd worst Thunder element of the fully upgraded CBs.

Yeah it could have the highest raw in the game and it would still be a weak option since low thunder element + being r12 + power elemental phial means that your damage output gets guttered. It doesn't help that thunder as an element is one of the weakest in the game since thunder hitzone values are so shit.

Kjarr CB Spark has more thunder than this lol

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I cleared my wishlist, except for some layered stuff I need certain events for. I think it's time to learn a new weapon.

I played lots and lots of insect glaive. Quite a lot of hammer but not recently. A little lance and S&S. I also tried HBG Zinogre easymode but didn't find it fun. Maybe I should try horning, people seem to love those.

Why is it called thunder and not lightning or electric. Thunder is just noise.

Lots of things get this wrong.
Think of it as short for thunderbolt. It makes it way less annoying.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I cleared my wishlist, except for some layered stuff I need certain events for. I think it's time to learn a new weapon.

I played lots and lots of insect glaive. Quite a lot of hammer but not recently. A little lance and S&S. I also tried HBG Zinogre easymode but didn't find it fun. Maybe I should try horning, people seem to love those.

Yeah, I also want to switch to another weapon when I finally start the iceborne content. I played the main game mostly with longsword (kadachi fang III at the end) and made my anime samurai fantasies real. I also dabbled a bit into heavy bow gun to see how the game plays as a shooter.
Now I want to switch to charge blade or switch axe. Charge blade because I have seen a lot of highlight videos with insane damage output and switch axe because a transformer weapon just sounds fun.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's there an easy way to check online what materials are needed for certain augments, like for affinity?

Also, what's the decoration I should wear to get more drops out of monsters?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
I just came back for the RE event. cleared MR99 nergi with a hammer after procrastinating a few weeks. What's the meta now for a LS or Hammer user?

I went against nergi with this:
https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d3002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2694117634235225-private%2Fc264b6bc-7229-4693-a51a-b6400fa58295.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3Dvx4e1hPkIR%252BZqqkDpqOWjnZ7hZZrDOwjTB20ukTxeLs%253D.png

but also have a stronger build:
https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d2002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2694117634235225-private%2Fe12c718b-d83f-49ee-9a08-04617c084422.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3DC7MFt5xT%252FIZqkIudBT%252BQZOoD6NvAvP50GWUnhVMe0tE%253D.png

with nergi unlocked and the the two Raths walking the guiding lands, is there something better to aim for?

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
I just came back for the RE event. cleared MR99 nergi with a hammer after procrastinating a few weeks. What's the meta now for a LS or Hammer user?

I went against nergi with this:
https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d3002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2694117634235225-private%2Fc264b6bc-7229-4693-a51a-b6400fa58295.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3Dvx4e1hPkIR%252BZqqkDpqOWjnZ7hZZrDOwjTB20ukTxeLs%253D.png

but also have a stronger build:
https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d2002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2694117634235225-private%2Fe12c718b-d83f-49ee-9a08-04617c084422.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3DC7MFt5xT%252FIZqkIudBT%252BQZOoD6NvAvP50GWUnhVMe0tE%253D.png

with nergi unlocked and the the two Raths walking the guiding lands, is there something better to aim for?

I'd slot in Airborne over KO or Sheathe while hammering. It's been boosted to +30% in Iceborne.