• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

English trailer

There will be a third (and final) beta on the PlayStation 4 running from January 19-21. This beta will feature a 15-minute quest against Nergigante. Similar to beta 2, PlayStation Plus will not be required.

DSxdQ3ZU8AA_k88.jpg

In the Spring of 2018, the first (free) DLC will be released. Returning to Monster Hunter: World is our old pal Deviljho, sporting some new moves!

DSxipbjU0AAy3Q4.jpg:large

On launch day, Japan will be getting PlayStation 4 Slim Monster Hunter: World bundles in both black and white, and a limited edition Rathalos controller. The packaged normal edition of the game and one month of PlayStation Plus are included in the PlayStation 4 bundle.

DSxdz-YVwAAGCiX.jpg:large

DSxeIsLUQAEycKV.jpg:large

General info:
  • Login bonuses reward you Luck Tickets for more zenny among other things. You can stock up to five days worth of login rewards, which is nice if you can only play on the weekends, for example.
  • Key quests are gone. Missions are your de facto story quests,
  • Time of day is persistent across the hub and field.
  • You get full rewards if you join a quest under ten minutes in progress, less if not.
Source

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thats a kickass bundle. Capcom/Sony going all in.

Also login boni will keep players active every day.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Well, leak was correct then huh? Kinda okay with that, new eldar dragon looks sooo sick (fingers crossed ots poison), and joe is magnificent as always.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
All newcomers will finally taste the real experience of getting your ass kick from MH with Nergigante 15 min quest challenge. Forget about even teaming up with randoms to beat this, you definitely need a well coordinated team.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone notice the new monster coming out of the bone pile looks like the flying creatures for the Ringwraiths from LOTR?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a MH title before, what are the chances I'll like this?, is it 'hard' like a souls title?

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome controller. Wish the systems were special themed too though.

I'll be playing this on PC though, and I have made a new years resolution to not buy new games during the school semester so not sure when I'll get to play. Demo on ps4 was super fun though !

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All newcomers will finally taste the real experience of getting your ass kick from MH with Nergigante 15 min quest challenge. Forget about even teaming up with randoms to beat this, you definitely need a well coordinated team.

itll probably have vastly reduced hp and damage.no way theyre gonna let everyone get two shot trying to beat what is probably a mid game fight at the earliest

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Ita gonna be my first monster hunter, is it normal to have so many bosses from previous games? I see many of you predicted some returning monsters, is there any new monster on world?

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Holy shit Jho looks amazing. Also, was Alatreon shown then for a split second? Waiting for PC version is now even less fun ughhh.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a MH title before, what are the chances I'll like this?, is it 'hard' like a souls title?
Monster hunter is basically an action RPG without the leveling. You have 14 different weapon classes to choose from that all have distinct movesets, and you can swap between any of them before a hunt. You fight a wide variety of bosses to scavenge their parts and create better gear, which you then use to fight harder monsters. You can play alone, but there is also up to 4 player co-op.

The games can get difficult, but they generally have a less steep learning curve than Souls. And there are many ways to mitigate the difficulty, such as abusing traps and other items to incapacitate the monster.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Also, good to know: If you're good at Souls, you're not automatically good at MonHun. They play nothing alike.

Nov 12, 2017
Posted this on another thread, but:

Deviljho being one of the free DLC monsters isn't a good sign for those expecting monsters outside the leaked list to appear as DLC. Seems like that list includes launch monsters as well as DLC being that Jho is listed on it.

I expect dlc 2 to be pink rathian or azure rathalos, another monster from the list.

Which means we will have even less than 35 monsters at launch, and probably not above that until a G expansion.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Ita gonna be my first monster hunter, is it normal to have so many bosses from previous games? I see many of you predicted some returning monsters, is there any new monster on world?
They have shown 9 old monsters and more than 12 new monsters so far. It's gonna be 50-50 according to the leaked list. The DLC monsters are definitely gonna be old monsters,we're talking about over a 100 monsters span over 4 generations so that is alot of DLC they can put out.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This is the hypest game I have ever seen in my life

Ive already been over the moon with the game and now they are launching me into the universe

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Holy shit that trailer, so hypppppppppppppppppppppped. Deluxe digital ready for action. Someone gif that moment the two flying monster were going at each other. WOW.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that's accurate for Diablos and Rathalos in the beta. Nerg will probably be harder (15 minutes, what the fuck Capcom).

Its a challenge mission!

Clearly aimed at tickling the balls of Pro hunters before release

Newbs..... Please be realistic when attempting Nergy. Elder Dragons are no joke