• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Monster Hunter World on PC won't boot for users with CPUs that lack the FMA3 instructions(Now Fixed)

Frox

Oct 25, 2017
As the titles says, the game's implementation of Denuvo requires fma3 instructions to boot up and basically screwing a potentinal ton of users. MHW already launched on PC on China and there's ton of people reporting this problem.

Source:

http://plat.tgp.qq.com/forum/index2.html#/2000293/detail/1825956?page=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHun...u9a/pc_launch_information_megathread/e3vhh7u/

Thanks Denuvo.

Mod Edit - Fix on the way, though not up in the west yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
Wait does that mean I can't buy/play this with my i5 2500K Sandy Bridge processor?

This sucks and needs resolving ASAP.

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 7 was the same way at launch and later got patched to fix it.

EDIT: That was for an earlier instruction. My mistake.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
The main guy who cracks Denuvo was arrested so it will probably take a lot longer than that.
Even more of a reason for Capcom to patch this out as soon as possible. What's laughable is that no one thought to mention this to potential buyers, let alone people buying keys who can't get refunds.

OP
OP
Frox

Frox

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So the game doesn't work on processors older than those listed in the minimum requirements? Wow, a shocker.
Actually, the game doesn't run on the recommended rig they posted on steam

That was the game that needed the SSE 4 instructionset. Game worked fine except for ome part in the beginning.

It says minimum (for Intel) is a CPU from Haswell so not really?
Then it says recommended CPU is before Haswell

Akronis

Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
6 month delay, no additional PC features, no content updates at launch, and now this.

Get your shit together Capcom, what the fuck are you even doing.

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Hmm, maybe I was wrong about Yakuza's boot issues not being caused by missing instructions. Seriously, what kind of shit is this that people are being blocked from playing games they should be capable of because of crappy DRM.