• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Actually, the game doesn't run on the recommended rig they posted on steam

ceFB6g4.png
Ok didn't look at the recommended section. Gotta be fixed lol.

OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't really worry about this since,

''The distributor in China already said there's problem about drm and they've contacted capcom, but the problem still persist so it's just a warning for those ppl who haven't pre-ordered.''

It's just a matter of time before they fix it.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
With RE7 it was SSSE3 and SSE4.1 which is mostly lacking on AMD Phenoms.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...t-Evil-7-PC-Patch-Adds-Support-for-Older-CPUs

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5smqy2/new_pc_patch_for_resident_evil_7_adds_support_for/

Also the culprit of Denuvo since many games using it also ran into the same issues but they got quickly fixed like MGSV or Dishonored 2.
I see. Yeah, that's quite common. Actually, I was one of the culprits of the SSE4 requirement. I used to have a Phenom CPU before building a new PC in 2016. So I guess this MHW issue is new then.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Begs an interesting question at what point can a dev stop supporting older hardware. I mean are they really expected to still support 2500ks?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't really worry about this since,

''The distributor in China already said there's problem about drm and they've contacted capcom, but the problem still persist so it's just a warning for those ppl who haven't pre-ordered.''

It's just a matter of time before they fix it.

Damage on this sort of stuff is right up front, unfortunately. And a fix isn't going to show up in five minutes.

Feb 22, 2018
Does anyone know if the intel i5-4440 processor supports this? I was hoping to get this game on my PC since I dont have a PS4.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And Capcom also released this for 60€ vanilla and 70€ Deluxe...you can find the game NEW on console for 20€ (Unieuro at the moment is selling it for this price in Italy).
And it's not even on par with the console version, considering it will lack the free updates at launch. Between the price, the outdated build and the DRM I'm wondering what Capcom is doing this year, considering they burned the X Legacy Collection too.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
and I am out. I have 2600k i7 which I have no intention of replacing for another year or two.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Um... What? Does this mean that any game with Denuvo has never worked with these types of processors or did Capcom fuck something up?

OP
OP
R.T Straker

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Steven: I'm playing on my i5-3570k, GTX 970, and 16GB RAM using the 'high' preset at 1080p and am very happy with the performance so far.

That's from the pcgamer article https://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hunter-world-pc-system-requirements/

Is this something the rushed in at the last minute?

I'm guessing their early build didn't have Denuvo implemented yet. The game that's now live in China does sadly.

Here's plenty of folks complaning about this over there:

http://plat.tgp.qq.com/forum/index2.html#/2000293/detail/1825956?page=1

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be fixed no doubt, sucks for people who wanted to play Day 1 though.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
will be interesting to see if this issue only applies to the China version...if it affects North America/Europe then the internet will explode with rage

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
That was the game that needed the SSE 4 instructionset. Game worked fine except for ome part in the beginning.

It says minimum (for Intel) is a CPU from Haswell so not really?

?

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz or Intel® Core™ i3 8350 4GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X

from the store page

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Um... What? Does this mean that any game with Denuvo has never worked with these types of processors or did Capcom fuck something up?

Originally there was a hard requirement for SSE 4.1 which only really affected Phenom II AMD processors and some REALLY old Intel processors. This new implementation requires an even newer instruction set.

It could also be related to the Chinese version oh MH World.

That'd be pretty bizarre to have a Denuvo implementation that requires FMA3 to be exclusive to one region.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking to myself that we did not hear any news from the China launch of MHW so far and I assumed everything would be fine for the world wide launch....guess I was wrong.