• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So ...

Y'all do realize this will likely happen to the Resident Evil 2 Remake too right ?

It also has the exact same processor in Steam's recommended settings.

If they use the same (or even more advanced by then) Denuvo, people won't be able to play RE2make on PC either.

The fix for this will be ported onto the next version of denuvo and we won't have the problem by the time RE:RE2 arrives.

Althought considering they break compatibility with old processors twice a year its possible that they will break something else when RE:RE2 arrives.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is why you don't preorder, or if you do at least do it on steam so you have the ability to refund.

Doesn't effect me personally but very shitty for those affected.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if it doesn't work despite me having the recommended CPU. Greenmangaming will surely refund, right?

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Somewhere, there is a person who took off work to play MH, and now cannot because of the DRM's hardware requirements.

If this isn't fixed by the international release, I hope it costs Capcom dearly. And I say that as someone who has put 400 hours into this on PS4 and is double-dipping for PC.

Jun 6, 2018
This is insane. The CPU is the one core part of your PC build that people don't really have to replace for years at a time compared to other components thanks to overclocking. There are plenty of people who game with CPU's that came out before Haswell with builds that still hold up and they're getting boned hard for this. WTF

Dacham

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Isn't it nice to be rewarded for not pointlessly upgrading to a marginally better more recent CPU?
I'm using a 3770k, which is still a damn good processor given it's age.
To neglect a portion of your legit players on PC, and not even a small portion, just because of your dumbass choice of drm.

Screw Denuvo, with the biggest of dildo bats.

If they do manage to sort this very quickly though, perhaps I won't have to refund the game.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
While I agree it needs to be fixed. If your still running Sandy Bridge which I have in an older system, You can't expect everything to run on it. Even though it seems the issue is the third party software Denuvo, you should want to have something that's not 7+ years old.

Though it not running on anything Pre-2014 is a shit show honestly.

Hope it does get fixed or Denuvo removed.

One thing I love about PC gaming is a decent CPU will last me through 2 console generations quite easily, no need to upgrade the CPU, just the GPU, being forced to upgrade the CPU not because of perfomance but some bullshit DRM requirement is terrible, an i5-2500 or i7-2600 is more than capable of running the latest games. Hell, my AMD 955 ran through last gen and current gen perfectly fine, only issues I ran into aside from bad ports were the SSE4.1 requirements some games had, but fortunately they were patched out pretty quickly.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I love about PC gaming is a decent CPU will last me through 2 console generations quite easily, no need to upgrade the CPU, just the GPU, being forced to upgrade the CPU not because of perfomance but some bullshit DRM requirement is terrible, an i5-2500 or i7-2600 is more than capable of running the latest games. Hell, my AMD 955 ran through last gen and current gen perfectly fine, only issues I ran into aside from bad ports were the SSE4.1 requirements some games had, but fortunately they were patched out pretty quickly.

The longevity of a processor is a good point but unnecessary the moment it has been proven that said processor runs the game just fine and it's the drm software that's breaking it.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 years is ancient in the PC hardware space
Wouldnt class the 4790k as ancient at all, its still a pretty strong CPU and Intels improvements in the CPU department have honestly been marginal over these 4 years. Its about time AMD have started pushing Intel to make some actual improvements for the next series (we hope)

Basically this. CPU's don't age as fast as the other hardware of a PC.

This is what makes this Denuvo bullshit even worse.

Deleted member 25042

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't see this not being fixed pretty much on release or very soon after
There are tons of people with pre Haswell CPUs
They'd be missing a lot of sales and having to handle all the disgruntled customers would be a nightmare

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
What a fucking mess. Should be easy to fix, though. Get on it. There's going to be a lot of angry people if this isn't fixed fast and some won't even understand why the game doesn't boot.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How do I know if my CPU works then?

check with CPU-Z

tempsnipt2ddm.jpg

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
But useres in the other thread told me that denuvo tests werent accurate and we had no proof of it !

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
So... did Denuvo shoot themselves in the foot? If the most secure ones requiring burning away customers who don't mind or can deal with DRM then I'd hope its use becomes dramatically less in vogue, not unless they make some other solution.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I think that this will likely be fixed - no?
Judging by the previous report, it should've been fixed on WeGame version by now.

Edit: Anytime now.

https://weibo.com/6068787464/GtSSqceEj

I can't really see the site but apparently there's a patch coming to fix the problem.

edit:
[Announcement] Hello everyone, everyone. WeGame has issued a 20-yuan platform voucher for each player who purchased the "Monster Hunter WorldTM" game before 24:00 on August 8, 2018. It is distributed to everyone today. You can view it in "My Assets". This ticket can be used on all games that sell for more than $20 on the platform.
In addition, the developer is actively repairing the flashback problem that some players have caused in the game "authority verification" due to D encryption. The WeGame platform is expected to update the issue at around 11:30 tonight to solve this problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So.. they are gonna patch it in 1 hour from now?

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
This should get an article from every gaming site but its not cause they get game build without DRM.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Does it work with FMA4 ?

I will be really mad if I can't play and I sure as hell won't be upgrading. Fuck Denuvo either way.

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Guess we're going to need new lines in system requirements to say what the fucking DRM needs.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's already fixed then the OT title should be updated. Just saying.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I'm guessing review copies didn't have Denuvo? I could swear I saw someone had run a pre-release copy on a 2500k.

Funny that my 3rd Gen i5 is screwed, but my girlfriend with a potato piledriver APU will probably be able to at least launch the game...

Bad look Capcom.

EDIT: Looks like it might be getting fixed. I certainly hope so, this would be heartbreaking

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a pc game to run can itself be a game, so maybe this is our first test as a monster hunter - to see if we can slay Denuvo?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
So my i7-2600 is out huh? I hope dq 11 doesn't have this shit. I hate denuvo so much. Well lost sale for them I guess. Can fuck right off with this noise