• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
OK cool, that sounds like quite a build! Any guard or defensive skills?

I have free elly 3 and I forgot but vitality 2 as well.

Actually no, but if you not familiar with lance enough then you can swap out 3 thunder attacks for guard and one maximum migh for guard up. It will still hard as hell as that lance has tons of thunder by default. I will post the build in a bit.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Nice! I have it too. For kulve I would say definitely protective polish. You can spam the charge run attack and protective polish stops the fairly hefty sharpness cost.

For other fights, I'm less sure...

Here it is.

Taroth Crest Thunder with affinity aug + Mighty jewel
Rath Soul Helm beta + 2× bolt jewel
Rath Soul Mail beta + mighty jewel
Kulve Taroth Rage beta + tenderizer and bolt jewel
Kulve Taroth Malice beta + critical and bolt jewel
Kulve Taroth Wrath beta + critical and bolt jewel
Exploiter charm II

You can swap bolt jewels with 5x attack jewels if you have or 3 with iron wall and one mighty jewel with guard up if you need some defensive skills.

This weapon has decend amount of blue and since it's a lance then you always be hitting a weak spot and sharpness doesn't go down that fast.

I'm gonna make some changes when I get Dantes pants

I also have version with 90% affinity without weakness exploit so doesn't matter if you hit weakspot or not you crit 90% of the time.

You just need to replace tenderizer jewel with mighty jewel exploier charm with master's charm 3 and all the bolt decos with expert jewels. It does a bit less damage but you will crit no matter where you hit =)

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksejOv087e8

Basically, figure out where one of the tracks is in a map, do a quest and grab one of the tracks while doing the quest. Finishing quests boosts the meter a lot.

This explains so much. I was doing it in expeditions because I'm kind of tired of hunting the same three or four monsters over and over again, which was only giving me a shred of progress each time. Do the pieces always spawn in the same spots every time?

Maybe it's just an issue with High Rank not having that many quests to start you off with.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I just saw the news that Azure Starlord is coming soon as well, fuck me! Finally a new pieces two play with for critical element.

Starlord boots and rath soul helm will give you 2x crit boost and crit element and three gem slots, really nice for only two pieces of gear.

Capcom puts really nice and much needed skills on the new sets.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I tried bow.

I need to watch a video. That was very strange.

Is this your first time using it? I actually kind of love my bows. I generally play extremely aggressively with my Long Sword, so bow is a really nice way to completely change up my fighting style. It also means I get hit a lot less.

...except when I'm fighting Diablos. Fuck that guy.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is this your first time using it? I actually kind of love my bows. I generally play extremely aggressively with my Long Sword, so bow is a really nice way to completely change up my fighting style. It also means I get hit a lot less.

...except when I'm fighting Diablos. Fuck that guy.

Yeah, first go with it. It controls well and feels so much nicer than it did in previous games. Problem is I had NO idea how to attack or play. I'm also a LS main, so the play style felt so odd. I just need to understand the move set and how to utilize it.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Bow is a fun weapon but I got tired of using it since I used it for most of Story mode. Def watch a guide from Gaijin Hunter or Arekkz Gaming.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, first go with it. It controls well and feels so much nicer than it did in previous games. Problem is I had NO idea how to attack or play. I'm also a LS main, so the play style felt so odd. I just need to understand the move set and how to utilize it.

I'll second LiK's suggestion to watch a gameplay guide for Bow if you want to help split your muscle memory/fighting style away from Long Sword. Dragon Piercer is incredibly solid and if you're using a bow with an element the monster you're fighting is weak against it does an absurd amount of damage. I'm still wrapping my head around the different coatings (especially because they're so time-consuming to replenish when you run out), but it's definitely got a lot going for it.

One small piece of advice for you - when at all possible, dodge roll instead of sprint. Trying to sprint out of your bow is very, very slow and will generally leave you more vulnerable than some other weapons because of the way its sheathe animation works. I died several times against Diablos because I kept trying to sheathe-sprint away from him when he attacked and the way the character kind of slow-walks until the sheathe animation is over doomed me to a free hit from the boss on several occasions. And that's with Odogaron pants that have sheathe speed up.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Bow is a fun weapon but I got tired of using it since I used it for most of Story mode. Def watch a guide from Gaijin Hunter or Arekkz Gaming.

I'll second LiK's suggestion to watch a gameplay guide for Bow if you want to help split your muscle memory/fighting style away from Long Sword. Dragon Piercer is incredibly solid and if you're using a bow with an element the monster you're fighting is weak against it does an absurd amount of damage. I'm still wrapping my head around the different coatings (especially because they're so time-consuming to replenish when you run out), but it's definitely got a lot going for it.

One small piece of advice for you - when at all possible, dodge roll instead of sprint. Trying to sprint out of your bow is very, very slow and will generally leave you more vulnerable than some other weapons because of the way its sheathe animation works. I died several times against Diablos because I kept trying to sheathe-sprint away from him when he attacked and the way the character kind of slow-walks until the sheathe animation is over doomed me to a free hit from the boss on several occasions. And that's with Odogaron pants that have sheathe speed up.

Noted. Thanks! Will watch and give a shot after work! I've got a lot of 4-5* quests to clean up, so it helps that I can dick around there while attempted to make heads or tails of this weapon. I like the idea of being able to play a ranged weapon alongside LS, Lance, and SnS. Gives me more flexibility (and makes this current event more exciting when I get a R8 Bow that I'd normally never use).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Noted. Thanks! Will watch and give a shot after work! I've got a lot of 4-5* quests to clean up, so it helps that I can dick around there while attempted to make heads or tails of this weapon. I like the idea of being able to play a ranged weapon alongside LS, Lance, and SnS. Gives me more flexibility (and makes this current event more exciting when I get a R8 Bow that I'd normally never use).

Yeah, my friend told me when I started playing to try and learn one melee and one ranged weapon before branching out and trying other types. I started with Insect Glaive but the damage I was doing just didn't feel up to snuff compared to everybody else I was working with, so I switched to Longsword. I used Bow in a lot of side stuff before I started bringing it into major fights. I generally stick to using Longsword any time I'm hunting solo though, since Bow is more of a support weapon in my experience.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my friend told me when I started playing to try and learn one melee and one ranged weapon before branching out and trying other types. I started with Insect Glaive but the damage I was doing just didn't feel up to snuff compared to everybody else I was working with, so I switched to Longsword. I used Bow in a lot of side stuff before I started bringing it into major fights. I generally stick to using Longsword any time I'm hunting solo though, since Bow is more of a support weapon in my experience.
I love the Insect Glaive, but they nerfed the piss out of it in this game. It was one of my favorite weapons in 4U and Gen but now it just feels like the DPS is so much lower than just about anything else.

It's still good for mounting, but I always preferred using it as a pure source of damage. The least they could've done is included better elemental options, but that's a problem with just about every weapon.

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
Well ... 95 black diablos hunted, still missing the mini crown. My smallest so far was 1928,55 ... I saw gold mini crowns on YT with 1844,xx. But I didn't even get a smaller than before without a crown, although the body measuring hinted to a "small".
I passed 400h now ... holy moly, give me dat platinum trophy ....

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Well ... 95 blsck diablos killed, still missing the mini crown. My smallest so far was 1928,55 ... I saw gold mini crowns on YT with 1844,xx. But I didn't even get a smaller than before without a crown, although the body measuring hinted to a "small".
I passed 400h now ... holy moly, give me dat platinum trophy ....

i got the small crown already, i cannot find the big one. thought i had it finally and it was a silver crown. fml

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Is there anywhere where you can see all the possible Taroth weapon drops? I want to see what the orange rarity insect glaives look like

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
i got the small crown already, i cannot find the big one. thought i had it finally and it was a silver crown. fml
Same. I fought a massive one a couple of days ago, but it was just a silver crown that was bigger than the silver crown I already had. Pretty much one of the worst kicks in the balls that this game can do to you.

acmshar

Nov 26, 2017
This explains so much. I was doing it in expeditions because I'm kind of tired of hunting the same three or four monsters over and over again, which was only giving me a shred of progress each time. Do the pieces always spawn in the same spots every time?

Maybe it's just an issue with High Rank not having that many quests to start you off with.

Yea I really don't like how that was handled. I think they wanted to get people to use expeditions and discover monsters that way, but if you just want to play through, that really feels like a wall for no good reason. I wish they would have given more HR quests to get through that wall faster.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh. Anyone who isn't grinding out the raid want to help me add a few HR monsters to my hunt list? I'm tired of beating up Barroth. I feel bad beating on herbivores.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is really becoming a headache. Every time I try to start a mission and send up a flare every player ignores me frantically signaling while I'm trying to fight a new monster I haven't added to my list yet and rushes the boss of the mission while I flail helplessly, wasting all of my time. I just lost out on Legiana HR because nobody out of 3 co-op supporters who all joined at the same time bothered to help me fight her and she just flew away.

Post your session Id and I'll join it. Once there you can use chat to ask for any monster.

I'm gonna take a minute to depressurize and then I'll post a mission. Session ID is 7fdQKFyRhMn7.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in but I don't know who you are among all the players.
Are you OK with doing investigations?
I'm in the gathering hub.

Investigations are fine. I'm mostly just trying to get my ??? Rathian points up and add more HR monsters to my list. Whatever helps with those objectives works for me!

Just made it up to the Gathering Hub now.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Diablos/Black Diablos event was supposed to increase chance of crowns? I haven't even started farming for crowns yet, figured I'd do that when I'm done with everyhting else. I think they're my only achievements left, as well as
one of the rare captures that spawn on the back of ambient monsters

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I thought the Diablos/Black Diablos event was supposed to increase chance of crowns? I haven't even started farming for crowns yet, figured I'd do that when I'm done with everyhting else. I think they're my only achievements left, as well as
one of the rare captures that spawn on the back of ambient monsters
It does not.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
xEik , that went AMAZINGLY well! Thank you for the help. I hope my voucher and my Bandit Mantle gave you some extra bonuses on top of it all!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After hunting Rathian you should have the story mission available, I think.

It looks like triggering the fight against her progressed it forward, yeah. Even before we captured her the game was saying I had finished the research. It's a shame it didn't count as completing the story mission too, but that was probably too much to ask. At least now I don't have to run around a bunch of missions I've already done looking for sparklies. Thanks again!

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I just saw the news that Azure Starlord is coming soon as well, fuck me! Finally a new pieces two play with for critical element.

Starlord boots and rath soul helm will give you 2x crit boost and crit element and three gem slots, really nice for only two pieces of gear.

Capcom puts really nice and much needed skills on the new sets.
Will that be available in the US or is it still just for people who visit universal Japan? I know you can technically join the quest but there aren't all that many Japanese MH players on Xbox...

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Will that be available in the US or is it still just for people who visit universal Japan? I know you can technically join the quest but there aren't all that many Japanese MH players on Xbox...
I doubt it's available on Xbox in the first place since the game only released on PS4 in Japan but not 100% sure on that. Regardless, it's not announced for the West

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Elder's Recess is such a pain in the ass, especially since my weapon is Blast-element. Is there any way I can get co-op people for this story mission or am I expected to hunt everything in here solo before Nergles shows up?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Elder's Recess is such a pain in the ass, especially since my weapon is Blast-element. Is there any way I can get co-op people for this story mission or am I expected to hunt everything in here solo before Nergles shows up?
Get far enough to see all cutscenes then fail/abandon quest. You can then repost it and launch an SOS flare and people might join. Or maybe you'll find some people here to do it with you. I'd volunteer but I'm on xbox...

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a thunder weapon

Also hint
When his spikes turn black or is getting desperate he will roar and fly up to do a dive attack

Because of wonky hitbox unless you're lucky or have decent armor of at least 300 it's an instant kill

What you should do if your armor is shit immediately sheared runto the side and do a superman dodge

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Get far enough to see all cutscenes then fail/abandon quest. You can then repost it and launch an SOS flare and people might join. Or maybe you'll find some people here to do it with you. I'd volunteer but I'm on xbox...

So I'm just supposed to run through the place until I find Nergles? I guess that's easier. I thought I was expected to hunt and kill Dodogama and everyone else before I'd get to move forward.

Do you have a thunder weapon

I have a Pulsar Bow III. It's really outdated.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm just supposed to run through the place until I find Nergles? I guess that's easier. I thought I was expected to hunt and kill Dodogama and everyone else before I'd get to move forward.

I have a Pulsar Bow III. It's really outdated.
No, it's like adding monsters to your HR list where you just have to see them. Then you max the Nergigante bar and then
max the Nergigante bar again.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't kill any of the other elder recess monsters before I fought Nerg. And didn't do any expeditions in Elder Recess. I just did some other optional quests in other areas and incestigations. I kept finding blue tracks. Then I filled up the bar and I was able to get the quest for Nerg.

I killed him before farming Bazel and getting my wyvern ignition GS. Wasn't till after I started doing the optional elder recess quests and investigations.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017

Capcom said they will bring it over to the west in the future but no date was given. For now the only way to get it is to find someone from Japan that can host the quest when it goes live.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
HUNTER RANK 13. FINALLY.

...anybody want to beat up on some Odogarons with me and help me get my catbro a Mega Buster?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I would join you if I didn't have to wake up really early tomorrow.
If by tomorrow's evening you still don't have all the necessary tickets for Megaman's armor and weapon, you just have to tell.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would join you if I didn't have to wake up really early tomorrow.
If by tomorrow's evening you still don't have all the necessary tickets for Megaman's armor and weapon, you just have to tell.

Sounds good. Thanks for your help today anyways, it made this so much less stressful.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I just need Gold Crowns from Black Diablos and Kirin and I got this platinum'd. But they really juking me over from getting it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Man I just love the design of the Kulve Rathalos SnS. Really glad they combined the low-rarity monster accents with the basic shape of the iron tree for all R6/7 relic weapons. It doesn't work for every weapon (I'm not a big fan of the basic hammer design for example) but it works wonders for the SnS. Finally you get to use conventional blades instead of axes, clubs, kukris and whatnot.

rathalosgoldsnsvtoee.jpg

I'm thinking of using this tomorrow (gotta farm B. Diablos and Zorah Magdaros tonight) against Kulve to really focus on that support. I wish I could use the Kirin SnS instead because of the thunder element, but it's R6 and the damage is very subpar. Tested it on the training pole and the difference between R6 Kirin and R7 Rathalos was a whopping 40 per hit on the Charged Slash + Helm Breaker combo. Kulve isn't particularly weak against fire, but at least it should speed up the melting and once she shed the mantle, I can switch to the R7 Legiana SnS.

Status
Not open for further replies.