• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
I finally solo-ed Arch Kirin...after 2 carts and 28 mins. Used CB with Thunderproof Mantle and Temporal Mantle.I have like 40+ thunder resist and it was STILL painful.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Give your palico a shield, grab a bow, and just doodle his noodle until you've kicked his kaboodle.

Are they going to have a non-event version with a more normalized health total, or is this the only version of the Arch-Tempered Kirin ride planned?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Give your palico a shield, grab a bow, and just doodle his noodle until you've kicked his kaboodle.

Are they going to have a non-event version with a more normalized health total, or is this the only version of the Arch-Tempered Kirin ride planned?
I doubt we will see it outside of events. Glad to see that they increased health and stagger for arch tempered. The damage it does is arguably a bit too high, but this is what I was looking for in tempered monsters. New moves would be nice though. Vaal is next but Vaal is a snoozefest fight normally, lets see if that changes for Arch Tempered.

So what are some of the best Luna weapons? I already made the Luna/Xeno IG and the Luna/Nerg hammer but I got another gem last night and was wondering what to make next.

For long fights like AT Kirin I would think Xenoluna is best for most blademaster weapons classes. Even for hammer, it wins out against blos and jho because you never have to sharpen or invest in sharpness skills. Handicraft 1 is enough for 80 hits of white sharpness which is insane. They also have 2 level 2 slots so you can make up for the low raw by stacking more damage like agitator and peak performance. I've heard good things about the Xenoluna SA and LS.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I doubt we will see it outside of events. Glad to see that they increased health and stagger for arch tempered. The damage it does is arguably a bit too high, but this is what I was looking for in tempered monsters. New moves would be nice though. Vaal is next but Vaal is a snoozefest fight normally, lets see if that changes for Arch Tempered.

I'm of two minds on it: on the one hand I do think more health/stagger is a better way of modifying monsters than just ramping their damage, but on the other hand I find the Kirin fight to be a total drag that outstays its welcome even normally, so if they were going to do a less healthy version I'd just wait and grind tickets off that.

I'd actually be pretty worried about Arch-Tempered Vaal. He's normally a snoozefest because he can't really one-shot you and the delay between his attacks is long enough you can just stand in the green mist and be invincible. He's actually got a lot of attacks that are really difficult to avoid that I could see one-shotting people if they're aggressive about the damage scaling. Like, Arch-Tempered Kirin's frolicking horn-nuzzle is doing big chunks of health and that's normally a little tiny notch in the health bar, so I could see Arch-Tempered Vaal's tail swipe or rapid lunge just being fatal for non-tank builds.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm of two minds on it: on the one hand I do think more health/stagger is a better way of modifying monsters than just ramping their damage, but on the other hand I find the Kirin fight to be a total drag that outstays its welcome even normally, so if they were going to do a less healthy version I'd just wait and grind tickets off that.

I'd actually be pretty worried about Arch-Tempered Vaal. He's normally a snoozefest because he can't really one-shot you and the delay between his attacks is long enough you can just stand in the green mist and be invincible. He's actually got a lot of attacks that are really difficult to avoid that I could see one-shotting people if they're aggressive about the damage scaling. Like, Arch-Tempered Kirin's frolicking horn-nuzzle is doing big chunks of health and that's normally a little tiny notch in the health bar, so I could see Arch-Tempered Vaal's tail swipe or rapid lunge just being fatal for non-tank builds.

Yeah I've had AT Kirin sort of nudge me with his horn as an electrical zap happens and I'm dead from full HP. It is not fun.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Suddenly that Reddit rumor about the Tundra map seems a LOT less credible.

Because I don't see how you get all of that and miss this.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Just killed AT Kirin with 1 cart and didn't get any good streamstones. I've still yet to get any that I can use, but I generally at least get something I could use with a non-preferred weapon.

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can craft some at the melder granny in the hub (left side). I don't think KO gems are included though, para possibly

I have this crazy idea for a paralysis tank.
Use hi para lance+ the armor build above + the challenger mantle. I wonder if you can hold threat long enough for team mates to kill the Monster.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
hey guys, just wanted a quick question here. I'm considering buying Monster Hunter world, but I wanted to ask how solo friendly is this game?

I ask for two reasons the first being that I probably won't be playing online at all and two I likely won't be renewing my PS Plus membership. Are you at a disadvantage when it comes to stuff like loot, and endgame activities if your a solo player?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
hey guys, just wanted a quick question here. I'm considering buying Monster Hunter world, but I wanted to ask how solo friendly is this game?

I ask for two reasons the first being that I probably won't be playing online at all and two I likely won't be renewing my PS Plus membership. Are you at a disadvantage when it comes to stuff like loot, and endgame activities if your a solo player?
Nope, MHW is the most solo-friendly game yet and you can do most of the endgame stuff without issues. At the moment there's only a single endgame activity that is cumbersome and not smooth when you are a solo player.

Loot is not affected by solo vs multi.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Nope, MHW is the most solo-friendly game yet and you can do most of the endgame stuff without issues. At the moment there's only a single endgame activity that is cumbersome and not smooth when you are a solo player.

Loot is not affected by solo vs multi.
I'm not sure if you know this, but are you aware of any content I'm bared behind if I'm not a PS Plus member outside of multiplayer stuff of course?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if you know this, but are you aware of any content I'm bared behind if I'm not a PS Plus member outside of multiplayer stuff of course?
All of the content in the game can be done solo.

That doesn't mean all of the content can be enjoyable when done solo though. There's one monster who's health doesn't scale for solo play, and there's all of the arena missions which are specifically designed to be done with 2 people. You can do both by yourself, it just sucks.

mango.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Behemoth armor set is also an FFXIV cosplay set.

I wouldn't mind the behemoth armor:

JP20150411_5.jpg

But I'd really like the base warrior set:

Concept_Warrior.jpg

And WoL Palico set:
latest

Or moogle/chocobo/cactuar.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
People aren't used to getting free content outside of F2P games, especially at E3. Gotta make it clear you're not pushing something.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
So what are some of the best Luna weapons? I already made the Luna/Xeno IG and the Luna/Nerg hammer but I got another gem last night and was wondering what to make next.

Yeah, I've been jumping into SOS sessions and people are carting left and right. It's much easier to do by yourself
The LBGs "Styx" and "Blaze" edge out the currently available element LBG by a hair iirc and they both carry two element types each. "Styx" even has the Xeno set bonus Spare Shot built in.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
When you save, does it automatically upload to PSN cloud saves and then I can recall it on a new PS4?

If I recall it uploads if you are using the primary PS4 on the account and you have PS+.

I just don't know if it does so immediately, and I don't think it will overwrite if you're bouncing between 3 PS4's like I am.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
You know...if they were going to do a Final Fantasy MHW cross over they really should've have brought Bahamut in as a monster to hunt.

Another Dragon sounds boring. I think the behemoth is a pretty nice fit and will make for some really neat armor.

Adding Bahamut would be more in line with some super post game content. I don't know if we're quite ready for that!

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Well I've had a PS4 for a week and some change and have put in 80hrs so far.

Only monster I've ever struggled with is Nergigante and he's not even hard. I'm just trash at timing the dodge for his stupid aerial bomb thing. Though last time it was my teammates who wiped us on him. Also I have plates for days! But damn can I get a gem or two from Rathalos and Odagaron ffs.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Any xbox folks wanna help with Arch Tempered Kirin? Randos are just carting left and right. I died after getting blasted out of the air while jumping down. >_<

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I apologize before hand if this has already been answered, but has Capcom said anything about an expansion to MHW at E3?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So I asked this before and didn't get any responses so trying again. Does anyone have any good builds for Lances? I have most of the Lances other than the Luna, Kulve and Jho weapons (only just came back to the game).

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
What sort of build are you looking for? I have one that I use that's SUPER defensive and I have another one noted down (that I haven't yet built in game) that uses the R8 thunder lance from KT (which I guess you could replace the KT lance with the craftable equivalent).

I also like the look of some of the Jho lance builds that TGA Dave posted here, but I haven't tried that out yet. I know you said you don't have the Jho/Luna lances but those monsters are in the game at the moment so you can get the pieces you need (and KT is back this evening I believe so you can try grinding for those too).

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, i'm not too sure. I've always played Lance in MH so i'm up for adapting my style. In the past i've done more evade lancing but I hear Guard Lance is better this time around? I have no problems about farming monsters for other weapons and i'm looking forward to fighting KT when it's up. At the moment i've mainly been using the Garron Lance II with a Handicraft Charm and my armor set is just the high rank garon set with the dragon eyepatch. I made the Xeno weapon as well but the Nerg one seems better when it comes to dragon?

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
So this is probably not happening for pc anymore eh?
Fall 2018, but they have XX on the Switch to concentrate on right now since that's coming out first... Honestly, thought it would be playable at E3, so my guess now is playable at Gamescom since that's a more PC centered event.

Also expect it to be very early Fall 2018 to not clash with other big end of the year releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.