• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnesCartman

Oct 25, 2017
So I asked this before and didn't get any responses so trying again. Does anyone have any good builds for Lances? I have most of the Lances other than the Luna, Kulve and Jho weapons (only just came back to the game).
master touch build
garon dhara ii
Teo b
Kulve b
Teo a
Teo b
Luna b
attack charm

you get
attack boost 4
crit boost 3
we 3
max might 1
guard 1
non elemental boost
bonus stun resistance 2 and health boost 2

if you don't have kulve chest you can swap bazel b or dober b

without affinity augment you get 95% affinity and won't need to sharpen
with affinity augment you can swap max might 1 to something else

for me and lot of people master touch build is the best build for lance
you don't need handicraft with odo lance it's useless

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
master touch build
garon dhara ii
Teo b
Kulve b
Teo a
Teo b
Luna b
attack charm

you get
attack boost 4
crit boost 3
we 3
max might 1
guard 1
non elemental boost
bonus stun resistance 2 and health boost 2

if you don't have kulve chest you can swap bazel b or dober b

without affinity augment you get 95% affinity and won't need to sharpen
with affinity augment you can swap max might 1 to something else

for me and lot of people master touch build is the best build for lance
you don't need handicraft with odo lance it's useless

This is fantastic, just what I was looking for, thanks.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Was also wondering about a good build for duals? My friend uses duals and was wondering if he should got for all the elemental weapons.

SnesCartman

Oct 25, 2017
http://mhw.wiki-db.com/sim/?hl=en
you can use this if you're looking for a set with specific skills.

for dual blades there's 2 build, raw and elemental build.
raw use 1 weapon which is diablos clubs and need handicraft 4 we 3 crit boost 3 and protective polish.
elemental depends on element and it uses 2 part of rathalos, usually head and chest, plus each element attack +3.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
For Lance, I often use 3 Uragaan pieces for partbreaker, guard and guard up, plus 2 pieces of some other set for another bonus. Rathalos gets crit element and makes a great fire resistant set (for kulve and Teostra/lunastra).
Or 2 pieces of Legiana gets the good luck bonus and some extra defence from divine and evade skills.

It's not good for raw damage, but lets me relax in MP, knowing I'm unlikely to cost the team a cart.

Pravus

Oct 28, 2017
I've been fine tuning my Lance build and since I just got my first Guard deco, it let me really maximize on the damage output while still maintaining high defensive capabilities. Haven't seen anything better, at least for my playstyle.

Empress Lance "Styx" (2x crit boost gem)
Dragonking Eyepatch Alpha (1x attack gem)
Bazel Beta (1x attack gem, 1x guard gem)
Luna Alpha (1x weakness exploit gem)
Nerg Beta (1x max might gem)
Luna Beta (1x attack gem, 1x crit boost gem)
Handicraft charm (don't really need this but it allows you to go an entire hunt without sharpening)

Attack Boost lvl 5
Crit Boost lvl 3
Weakness Exploit lvl 3
Handicraft lvl 3
Guard lvl 3
Health Boost lvl 2
Blast Attack lvl 2
Wide Range lvl 2
Maximum Might lvl 1
Razor Sharp
Stamina Cap Up

Last edited:

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Guys some help here, I just renewed my Plus but PSN won't let me download the 14 days trial, what I'm missing?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Any GS lovers care to post a build? I'm still in the shitty decos / no augments phase but am trying.

GS's pretty heavily dominated by the Wyvern Ignition, which along with mandatory Weakness Exploit 3 and Non-Elemental Boost results in pretty narrow build variety.

You're basically just answering the question "Do you want faster charge time in your build or just more damage?"

milkham

Oct 25, 2017
was deleting some files and found probably the clearest kill screen i've ever gotten

40995565020_d2103d0468_o.png

mango.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since we've been on a one month, one monster streak, wonder who's this month: Orochi Kirin, Alatreon or Behemoth?

LuckyDoobage

Oct 27, 2017
quick question for seasoned bow users-- I finally got the coveted mighty bow jewel (Rngesus be thy name) after 500+ hours... is this jewel best used for a dancer build (constitution, force shot, etc) or a true shot/ dragon piercer build (crit draw, attack, etc)?

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

Last edited:

LuckyDoobage

Oct 27, 2017
The following changes were applied at the same as update Ver. 4.00/4.0.0.0. We apologize for the late notice.

• With the addition of Lunastra and Teostra in update Ver. 4.00/4.0.0.0, they have now also been added to the pool of Threat Level 3 investigations.
    The draw chance for certain tempered elder dragon investigations have been revised.
  • All Threat Level 3 investigations now have an equal chance of having increased special reward slots. Originally, varying values were used to determine the number of special reward slots for each tempered elder dragon investigation, but these have all been matched to the value for Vaal Hazak, which was the highest.
    Note:
    - You may see increased special reward slots for Threat Level 3 investigations that you possessed before this fix was applied in Ver. 4.00/4.0.0.0.
    - The chance for increased special reward slots for tempered Vaal Hazak has not changed.
Major Changes
  • The search conditions have been relaxed for the Online Session "Matchmake" search option. (If you are HR 100 or higher, "Matchmake" may put you in Online Sessions made by players between HR 100 and HR 999.)
  • The naming method for investigations in other languages has been changed to match the Japanese. Investigation names now include the main target in addition to the quest type (hunt, capture, or slay). Affected languages include: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
    Example:
    Slaying Investigation ⇒ Slay: Great Jagras
    Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras
    Great Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras, etc.
    Capture Investigation ⇒ Capture: Great Jagras
  • Mistakes were corrected in the Asian version text for Traditional Chinese and Russian customer support information.
  • This update also includes other minor bug fixes.

source: http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update_ver/

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
quick question for seasoned bow users-- I finally got the coveted mighty bow jewel (Rngesus be thy name) after 500+ hours... is this jewel best used for a dancer build (constitution, force shot, etc) or a true shot/ dragon piercer build (crit draw, attack, etc)?

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!
It's not really worth it for dragon piercer, but it's insanely strong for the dash heavy, elemental bow style

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna practise fighting some Tempered Vaal before the Arch-Tempered drops next week. Any real good weapon types to take Vaal down? Which weapons should I work towards crafting for to fight it (Or any particular good Kulve Ones that I might have in my collection already)

Or will the Nerg. Insect Glaive work well enough?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Never had any issues against Vaal as melee (lance/SnS/GS/hammer), so go with whatever you're comfortable with. I would assume some of his close range head/tail swipes might be a little dicey in the AT fight so they're probably the things to watch out for most. Slot for miasma to negate his debuff and avoid the two large attacks (laser + downward gas thing) and I assume that should be enough.

They're going to have to buff his attacks quite a bit to make him a challenge I think.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The following changes were applied at the same as update Ver. 4.00/4.0.0.0. We apologize for the late notice.

• With the addition of Lunastra and Teostra in update Ver. 4.00/4.0.0.0, they have now also been added to the pool of Threat Level 3 investigations.
    The draw chance for certain tempered elder dragon investigations have been revised.
  • All Threat Level 3 investigations now have an equal chance of having increased special reward slots. Originally, varying values were used to determine the number of special reward slots for each tempered elder dragon investigation, but these have all been matched to the value for Vaal Hazak, which was the highest.
    Note:
    - You may see increased special reward slots for Threat Level 3 investigations that you possessed before this fix was applied in Ver. 4.00/4.0.0.0.
    - The chance for increased special reward slots for tempered Vaal Hazak has not changed.
Major Changes
  • The search conditions have been relaxed for the Online Session "Matchmake" search option. (If you are HR 100 or higher, "Matchmake" may put you in Online Sessions made by players between HR 100 and HR 999.)
  • The naming method for investigations in other languages has been changed to match the Japanese. Investigation names now include the main target in addition to the quest type (hunt, capture, or slay). Affected languages include: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
    Example:
    Slaying Investigation ⇒ Slay: Great Jagras
    Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras
    Great Hunting Investigation ⇒ Hunt: Great Jagras, etc.
    Capture Investigation ⇒ Capture: Great Jagras
  • Mistakes were corrected in the Asian version text for Traditional Chinese and Russian customer support information.
  • This update also includes other minor bug fixes.

source: http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update_ver/

Thanks

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna practise fighting some Tempered Vaal before the Arch-Tempered drops next week. Any real good weapon types to take Vaal down? Which weapons should I work towards crafting for to fight it (Or any particular good Kulve Ones that I might have in my collection already)

Or will the Nerg. Insect Glaive work well enough?

He's weak to fire so anything fire will work well. I have a critical element build with the lava cyclone dual blades that works well. I also like the kulve/rathalos insect glaive against him

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Do people just not play the game at low levels anymore or is matchmaking broken?? I got used to killing a few of the low rank monsters and want to try my hand at playing with other people and I just cant get people to populate a game to save my life.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Do people just not play the game at low levels anymore or is matchmaking broken?? I got used to killing a few of the low rank monsters and want to try my hand at playing with other people and I just cant get people to populate a game to save my life.
Once you hit high rank there's really no point in going back to low rank unless you're missing a part to craft something. I'd recommend trying to blow through low rank as quickly as you can and then start trying matchmaking once you hit high rank.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Investigation hes has a purple outline around him

It's a 2 man mission instead of 4 , I think i need to invest in a bow because his lightning takes more then half my hp

Oh, I thought you were talking about the arch temp Kirin event. I have found that a ton easier to do solo (me and my Palico as the 2v1) than trying to join rnd groups.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017

It's a 2 man mission instead of 4 , I think i need to invest in a bow because his lightning takes more then half my hp

A greatsword with critical draw skills is great for Kirin. Just smash his horn when you get an opening then roll away and sheath.
The coral highlands has lots of vines to climb for jumping attacks, which are very powerful with great swords. Plus they let you mount and use the true charged slash when he goes down.

Get the palico to use a sleep weapon for a double damage true charged slash (and some megabombs) when he's down.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
Oh, I thought you were talking about the arch temp Kirin event. I have found that a ton easier to do solo (me and my Palico as the 2v1) than trying to join rnd groups.

Solo is for sure easier , just enjoying playing co op

A greatsword with critical draw skills is great for Kirin. Just smash his horn when you get an opening then roll away and sheath.
The coral highlands has lots of vines to climb for jumping attacks, which are very powerful with great swords. Plus they let you mount and use the true charged slash when he goes down.

Get the palico to use a sleep weapon for a double damage true charged slash (and some megabombs) when he's down.

Thanks for the advice , I have inscect glaive but I think I will start lvling up another weapon now

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I spent all Friday evening responding to SOS's from low rank players. Kinda my way of giving back to the community.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017

I made a bow build for Arch-Tempered Kirin, even though I don't use bow for anything else and frankly don't even really know if I'm doing optimized combos (or really care).

Got all the Kirin Tickets I need for all the goodies. Anja Arch III with Blaze 3 and an otherwise pretty run-of-the-mill Critical Element build does the job well, especially if you set your Palico to Shieldspire and grab another one off the map.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I finally pulled the trigger and got a PS4 pro. I must say, if anyone's on the fence, the improved frame rate option truly makes Monster Hunter World feel so much better .It's a night and day difference in quality to me. Can't believe I was playing this game for so long without it haha

Kronvilt

Oct 28, 2017
Any GS lovers care to post a build? I'm still in the shitty decos / no augments phase but am trying.

Currently using Dragon King head, Damascus chest b, Teostra arm b, Damascus Waist b, Death legs b and Maximum Might charm II.

With; Attack Jewel * 4 Critical Jewel * 1 Elementless Jewel * 1 Expert Jewel * 6.

Which gave me, critical eye 6, attack boost 4, weakness exploit 3, focus 3, handicraft 2, MM 2, critical boost 1 and non elemental boost 1 (wyvern ignition with affinity and attack aug).

Before I got the jewels I needed I used attack charm 3 with sheat jewels.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
In the past week I have gotten some of my most wanted elusive gems. I have been aggressively doing tempered investigations but I blame it on the way they can unlock through part breaking now. I would barely ever get 4 reward tempered investigations, but now it is a lot more common. I swear I was getting the same gems over and over for the longest time that I thought the game had charm tables or was broken. Been really wanting a shield gem, minds eye gem and even some rarity 8 SNS weapons from Kulve and it all fell into place in the past week.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I had to solo arch Kirin after feeling the rage of PUGs going into this fight unprepared. Seriously, if you don't have full stun resistance, don't Q. Fuck your DPS get skills to stay alive.

It was 30 minutes if complete but clench. That God for that lunastra set and DS. In and out, no boune, white sharpness for days.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
You're actually seeing people survive long enough to get stunned?

That's frankly impressive. They would have to get hit twice in a fairly short period without dying. They'd probably be better off, uh, not getting hit so much.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
You're actually seeing people survive long enough to get stunned?

That's frankly impressive. They would have to get hit twice in a fairly short period without dying. They'd probably be better off, uh, not getting hit so much.
Sitting at 45 thunder res after a meal, without the mantle, it was a very high possibility for me before I started to slot in the right gems. Just takes the really unlucky combo of getting minor horn-gored into eating a stray bolt from its prancing.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Sitting at 45 thunder res after a meal, without the mantle, it was a very high possibility for me before I started to slot in the right gems. Just takes the really unlucky combo of getting minor horn-gored into eating a stray bolt from its prancing.

I mean I was running 3 Thunder Resist gems and eating veggies, and I still don't think I got stunned a single time without getting carted first, even after farming 7 tickets.

I guess if you're multiplayer maybe you're getting spam healed by teammates so you can keep eating dirt repeatedly? That or you're using the HP Mantle. (Hint: use the Temporal Mantle.)

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I was running 3 Thunder Resist gems and eating veggies, and I still don't think I got stunned a single time without getting carted first, even after farming 7 tickets.
Yeah, I was giving it some more thought after posting, and I might've been crossing wires with memories of my first, regular, tempered Kirin hunts. But seriously, you are so right about the Temporal Mantle. That, plus the Thunderproof gives so much up-time for melee damage without worrying too much about taking hits. That said, now done with my 7 tickets, so I can put this whole sordid affair behind me.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Did they change Lunastra's elemental weaknesses? I coulda swore she was 3 star weak to water but now it only shows 1 star

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Any tips for taking down tobi kadachi more quickly for a newbie? Its kind of a bitch to keep having to run it down constantly to make it dead. I think since he uses thunder as his gimmick, it'll probably yield the possibility of me making a thunder weapon that will hopefully make killing anjanath not take like 45 minutes lol

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Any tips for taking down tobi kadachi more quickly for a newbie? Its kind of a bitch to keep having to run it down constantly to make it dead. I think since he uses thunder as his gimmick, it'll probably yield the possibility of me making a thunder weapon that will hopefully make killing anjanath not take like 45 minutes lol
Shoot a flash pod when it's going to run to the next area to make it stay. It's also weak to water so if you have any water element weapons they'll work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.