• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
What's the build for Jho lance and Empress lance:Styx?
I dunno about "the" build, but this is what I use for Jho lance.

LlXLsMh.png

It strikes a good balance between damage and utility, I think. Flinch free is to avoid getting tripped by people online.

Granted, this set requires quite the setup of decorations. I'd recommend looking up your own mixed set for your decorations.

Last edited:

LuckyDoobage

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to Arch Vaal (and the death stench layered set) this week! If there is an era mhw group please add me :)

psn: LuckyDoobage

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ok guys I need a hand. Late game Kirin stili kills me in 2 hits even with 49 Thunder resist..
I have:
Kirin legs
Kirin waist
Telstra hand
Kirin chest
Level 2 Thunder charm
And uragann Helm.

My Thunder resist is calling out at scout 34.
Even upgrading the next would still jeep me at the cap.

Questo 1:
How do I get higher resist since In already lv3

Question 2
Why cant I find the quest for the Thunder mantle.

Question3. Is there a armor with Hidden + Thunder.

I have a decent late game para-exhaust- stun build, but Kirin resists my 480 para hammer.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
To unlock the thunder mantle you need to get the LR Kirin quest, which unlocks once you've done all of the optional LR quests.

Pretty sure Kirin is highly para resistant if not completely immune. KO/sleep would be better options if you're looking for free damage openings.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
Ok guys I need a hand. Late game Kirin stili kills me in 2 hits even with 49 Thunder resist..
I have:
Kirin legs
Kirin waist
Telstra hand
Kirin chest
Level 2 Thunder charm
And uragann Helm.

Questo 1:

Question 2

I have a decent late game para-exhaust- stun build, but Kirin resists my 480 para hammer.

Upgrade your armor and augment it to upgrade even further. Maybe get some vitality gems/health boost. Thunder Mantle is definitely helpful.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
I have:
Kirin legs
Kirin waist
Telstra hand
Kirin chest
Level 2 Thunder charm
And uragann Helm.

Questo 1:

Question 2

You need other skills besides Thunder resist. Here's my anti Kirin setup:-

Para resist level 3
Stun resist level 3
Thunder resist level 3
Health Boost level 3

Thunderproof mantle
Temporal mantle

and drink for Elemental Resist (L)

Also, Kirin is immune to paralysis. Suggest you change the weapon.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Friday morning at 01:00 BST, so whatever that is adjusted for your timezone. Thursday afternoon (Pacific) / evening (Eastern/Central) in the US I think.

I've prepped for it by carting more against him in the last week than the several months prior.

Lol.
I'm all set for a full night of farming.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Effluvia resist at max, a fire weapon and something to deal with the chip damage from his gases I would guess (either regen from your weapon, or maybe from his set). I always find Vaal easy to paralyse so that's an option worth considering for fast hitting weapons too. Obviously make sure your armour is fully augmented and upgraded.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else expecting AT Vaal to be a cakewalk? IMO AT Kirin wasn't much harder than the regular tempered version and Vaal is probably the easiest tempered elder. I wonder if they'll change up his moveset at all to increase the challenge

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else expecting AT Vaal to be a cakewalk? IMO AT Kirin wasn't much harder than the regular tempered version and Vaal is probably the easiest tempered elder. I wonder if they'll change up his moveset at all to increase the challenge

Thinking so. Vaal is a cake walk.

AT Kirin wasn't much harder, but it's a more painful fight to begin with.

somax

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, probably it will just be a slightly hard hitting nuisance. The battle is easy to begin with...

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
My prediction is that everyone here (myself included) is going to eat dirt from his tail sweep and be bitching about it all tomorrow.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, tempered Vaals major attacks are basically OHKO anyway, so it will probably be about the same (for gunners) just taking a little longer? Arch Kirin was kind of the same deal but his less easily predictable thunder attacks were a bigger PITA due to damage.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I missed out on AT Kirin due to my hiatus and not having gear for it. Did Capcom give ANY indication on how often he'd loop back around?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I missed out on AT Kirin due to my hiatus and not having gear for it. Did Capcom give ANY indication on how often he'd loop back around?
There's supposedly a summer festival sometime this summer. Last time we had a spring festival ALL prior event quests were available for the duration of the festival.

My guess is that the next time we see AT Kirin is at the festival.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
How do you get hunter king coins? According to the internetz you can get them from any high rank arena quest but I've gotten As in 3 in a row (barroth, tziti and azure rath) and not a hunter king coin in sight. Am I just unlucky or do I have to do the double monster ones?

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Tempered Vaal is by far the easiest Elder for me, I use the SnS and just stay under him the whole fight, but he does have that tail swipe that sometimes hits which is pretty much a one hit KO. Not really a fun fight though, only fought him when I needed to farm, never when I just want to have fun or try a new weapon or such.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I also feel Vaal Hazak is the easiest of all the elders . So I'm assuming this'll be a cake walk .

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
All right, I'm totally confused. His cloud is giving me chip damage (not the big spray down cloud the knocks you over, just his regular one) even though I have the immunity mantle AND max effluvia resistance slotted in? What the heck?!?!?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
All right, I'm totally confused. His cloud is giving me chip damage (not the big spray down cloud the knocks you over, just his regular one) even though I have the immunity mantle AND max effluvia resistance slotted in? What the heck?!?!?
Yeah, even with max effluvia resistance and effluvial expert I still take huge chip damage. Seems like they kinda went with cheap rather than difficult for him.

mango.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, gotta equip Palico and yourself with high elderseal so you minimize the number of times he smokes up.
Really dumb how they made his body take next to no damage when smoked too.

Game drip dropping tickets too, still 5 runs to go so I can never look at his face again.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

I believe Hazak's effluvia always gave damage. You can build up resistance so that your health doesn't get gutted in half, but that's about it.

Even the other effluvia skill that prevents the environment from hurting you doesn't work on Vaal Hazak. Seeing as it's a source of effluvia, that's probably the "lore" reason, otherwise you would make his gimmick neutered, rendering him effectively worthless in terms of offense.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Welp guess I was wrong about it being a cakewalk. So far I'm having way more trouble with AT Vaal than I did with AT Kirin. The chip damage is insane, even with vaal hazak vitality and a health augmented weapon I can't stay near him for long.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol!! I may have to hunting horn support class it up for the community.

omg, did Odog and Vaal always have a turf war before? First time ever seeing it, badass!

Last edited:

Pravus

Oct 28, 2017
Welp that was just as easy as I expected. First try solo, 16 minutes with no deaths. At least the armor seems decent.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Wow this fight is so bad lol! Went in with both effluvia resistance and effluvian expert and you still can't stay near it or in contaminated areas! First kill on the second try but it took over 30 minutes! What an awful fight, is there any way to negate Vaal's aoe damage?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Can I get an invite to the Era squad?

I'm on PS4 btw.
Nobody really plays much together anymore.

New to resetera or old crew members on ps4, head into room
3LN62cNDxLf4 if you like. I'll invite ya to a squad in there.

I'll be running this Vaal Hazak for awhile if anyone wants to play together.

Last edited:

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Arch tempered should be given to apex monsters (Rathalos, Diablos, Legiana, Odogaron, and Bazelgeuse) to diversify end game content, not more elder dragons :/

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
After Lunastra and this I'm starting to wonder if they still know how to make a fight hard and fun at the same time... Adding bullshit windpress to his roar and body slam? Like what? How does that make any sense at all? It's annoying enough that you are forced to use skill slots on efluvium resistance to even function in the fight. Man, hopefully Behemoth is good... MHGU can't come soon enough.

Oh well, I'll get my tickets and stop. AT Kirin was way more fun than this. Didn't get my goal of sub 4 but, got pretty close.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I dunno, I'm having a ton of fun with this quest. This is how I always wanted Vaal to be. He's waaay more threatening and I love how he sometimes runs from one end of the room just to fire the laser! Out of the 10 quests with randoms we only killed him twice lol! Not my fault though. I'm using a Gunlance lv 4 long shells and doing work. I like this fight a hell of a lot. But I do see folks cart like crazy so I know it isn't easy.

... Adding bullshit windpress to his roar and body slam? Like what? How does that make any sense at all?]
I think you might be mistaken but I don;t notice anything like that at all. I use Earplugs lv 5 so I'm fighting during any and all roars but haven't been pushed away by anything like wind pressure. And his slam seems to function the same. Not worth using tremor resist for it but that should be what prevents you from staggering during the attack.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I think you might be mistaken but I don;t notice anything like that at all. I use Earplugs lv 5 so I'm fighting during any and all roars but haven't been pushed away by anything like wind pressure. And his slam seems to function the same. Not worth using tremor resist for it but that should be what prevents you from staggering during the attack.
When he's coming back down on his front legs after roar he has a fairly large range windpress now. He previously just did a knockback to anything standing under him. It's possible that you were doing an attack with super armor so you were not affected by it. And there is definitely windpress on the body slam now. Previously it was just tremor with a pretty large range, but now it's tremor and windpress with even larger range than the tremor. You can verify that by taking IG to the quest and pole vault as he's doing the attack, you will get knocked to the ground.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I love how reading this thread and Reddit, the Arch Tempered elder dragons are simultaneously bullshit and they went too hard on the unfair crap, and easy cakewalks that even if you have the tiniest bit of skill you should be able to steamroll.

The MH fanbase is weird.

Wife

Oct 25, 2017
I love how reading this thread and Reddit, the Arch Tempered elder dragons are simultaneously bullshit and they went too hard on the unfair crap, and easy cakewalks that even if you have the tiniest bit of skill you should be able to steamroll.

The MH fanbase is weird.

looool

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
When he's coming back down on his front legs after roar he has a fairly large range windpress now. He previously just did a knockback to anything standing under him. It's possible that you were doing an attack with super armor so you were not affected by it. And there is definitely windpress on the body slam now. Previously it was just tremor with a pretty large range, but now it's tremor and windpress with even larger range than the tremor. You can verify that by taking IG to the quest and pole vault as he's doing the attack, you will get knocked to the ground.

I'll check it out next time I'm on for sure. Back to the insect glaive I go!

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Arch tempered should be given to apex monsters (Rathalos, Diablos, Legiana, Odogaron, and Bazelgeuse) to diversify end game content, not more elder dragons :/

So much this. In addition to expanding the variety of "end game" monster fights, it would be way more interesting to see Gamma versions of those armor sets than the "I guess maybe I can use one piece of this in an incredibly obscure build to get some extra Defense" Gamma versions of the Elder Dragon sets.

I would be all the fuck over Gamma Rathalos and Gamma O-Dog gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.