• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Byronman

Oct 28, 2017
Ah I see, so we'll never see each other in the HUB world? What about exploring? Do you explore or are you just dropped together straight in a closed arena? Thanks.
There is a hub where you can see each other, but it's not very interesting (it's better in Iceborne, though, with customizable rooms). You absolutely can explore in groups, tracking monsters and finding secrets, it's called expeditions. Closed arenas are a specific activity, you'll spend most of your time in the wilderness.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how you get the optional quest to fight Zora Magdaros again?
I believe its called 'Left Quite The Impression'.

I think its supposed to appear randomly but I've never seen it.
I see the Xeno'Jiiva one all the time but not the Zora one.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Does anyone know how you get the optional quest to fight Zora Magdaros again?
I believe its called 'Left Quite The Impression'.

I think its supposed to appear randomly but I've never seen it.
I see the Xeno'Jiiva one all the time but not the Zora one.
After you complete the "A Colossal Task" the quest should randomly appear after completing any quest or assigment. I think its more likely after high ranking quests. You should get a notification when it is available.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
After you complete the "A Colossal Task" the quest should randomly appear after completing any quest or assigment. I think its more likely after high ranking quests. You should get a notification when it is available.
Like I said I've never seen it pop up.
I get Xeno ones all the time but not Zorah.
I'm trying to get Zorah Magdaros gems and I think the only way to get them is from the optional quest.
The one I can't get to appear.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I just started this game yesterday and while I'm enjoying it, I'm baffled by how washed out it looks? It's like there isn't any contrast, the blacks aren't black, but a weird light blue instead, and all the colors are very washed.

I initially tried HDR on and it looks awful, so I researched and apparently the hdr really is bad, so I turned it off, but it still doesn't look good. I tried lowering the brightness toggle in game, but it just makes everything dimmer.

Am I doing something wrong or is the game supposed to look like that? I've never had a problem like this with HDR off before.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone. I have bought the game and the expansion. I am 37 years old, father of 3 and I can't play much online. I used to play some of the psp games, but I've always been terrible at these games.

This weekend there is a free online play for the game, it seems. Can I get good tailriders online? I just started the high rank quests, and I am terrible at the game. Is it ok to tag along a better player? Anything else I should do in a limited time, online for once?