• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No Extreme Behemoth this time, gotta wait for the Winter Event it seems. Or maybe they bring it back before then.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the event schedule, AT Zorah is slated to come out on Oct 18....Zorah Y and Origin layered armor available.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
AT Lunastra isn't that bad. Currently 4 out of 7 tickets in. People just need to relax a bit when she's flamed on, also the supernova is survivable without a mantle but it is a bit strict. That said, don't go HAM unless you've got a mantle up.

My runs were between 18-25 minutes.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
I have similar clear times for AT Lunastra.

Do note that you can still force Lunastra to do her supernova. Just flash bomb her when she is fully charged. It's better to do this since you should be prepared to run.

I've been been exploiting this every fight.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Do note that you can still force Lunastra to do her supernova. Just flash bomb her when she is fully charged. It's better to do this since you should be prepared to run.

I've been been exploiting this every fight.
Now this is exactly what I've been looking for. That small piece of information that can change everything.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm Rank 4 now, is there any realistic chance for me to unlock aloy's costume and armor without having to play that much to reach the required rank to play the missions (and btw, which is the required rank?)

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
HR6 for Palico Watcher armor
HR11 for Aloy armor and bow

You do not really need to play a lot to get to the above HR (unless you've never played MH before).
Unfortunately, you just missed the Autumn Harvest festival. These Aloy quests are special event quests...and they only appears during these festival. The next festival is Winter in about 2 months (?).

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm Rank 4 now, is there any realistic chance for me to unlock aloy's costume and armor without having to play that much to reach the required rank to play the missions (and btw, which is the required rank?)
You get the required HR just by playing through the story mode. If you don't spent an inordinate amount of time grinding and just run through the quests as fast as possible, it shouldn't take long at all.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You get the required HR just by playing through the story mode. If you don't spent an inordinate amount of time grinding and just run through the quests as fast as possible, it shouldn't take long at all.

Just playing the main quests then? guess that I should try, I need to have rank 11 for Aloy's missions?

You do not really need to play a lot to get to the above HR (unless you've never played MH before).
Unfortunately, you just missed the Autumn Harvest festival. These Aloy quests are special event quests...and they only appears during these festival. The next festival is Winter in about 2 months (?).

I started playing around autumn festival, and got some tickets, but don't know what to do with them since I couldn't craft the armor without the required materials in places that I can't visit yet

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Rarity 8.

So a roughly 1% of dropping from a warped feystone (the rarest kind of feystone).

I feel like they have better odds than a lot of rarity 7s, but they aren't common.
Well then, that should be a good grind, hopefully they release a big expansion next year to use these builds on new monsters.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

There is however an upcoming new Horizon Zero Dawn mission coming (The Heart of the Nora) that's let's people get the Aloy Gamma Set and Layered Armour (Providing they can beat 2 Tempered Deviljho it appears)

I imagine they will also have the other HZD Missions available around then to tie in with it.

That or just beat the game before that mission releases.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I really hate Uragaan, that fucker 1 shots me with maxed armor with his spin and is so unpredictable with it.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
That's bizarre, but I also think I've noticed that this game can be a little inconsistent about how it applies damage in situations where an enemy's hurtbox is active and consistently contacting the player while the player is being 'pushed' along with an enemy. So let's say Nerg's side-slide attack pushes you with him a little bit—sometimes it'll apply damage once, sometimes it'll apply the same damage 4 times in the space of a second. I assume it has something to do with the hurtbox technically exiting and reentering the player's hitbox on a frame-to-frame basis, and the collision system not having any flood prevention (that's not the right term, I can't remember what the right term is). Synchronizing physics stuff between server and client is notoriously tricky, so it would maybe make sense that they give inconsistent results depending on when in the frame you poll!

All this armchair dev to say that I don't think Uragaan should be 1-shotting you unless it's applying its damage too many times. which is not actionable information in any way. yyyyyou're welcome

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sleep weapon on your Palio has to be the best option, it activates once or twice for me each hunt.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
I usually go for paralysis. Both are great options.

Regarding AT Lunastra, in having great success with armor set that has kushala set bonus...plus eating Astera jerky during the super nova.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Rarity 8.

So a roughly 1% of dropping from a warped feystone (the rarest kind of feystone).

I feel like they have better odds than a lot of rarity 7s, but they aren't common.

Nope, S tier decos like mighty bow/spread are closer to .4% from each warped stone.

You RNG for even getting a warped stone from quest rewards which varies on event/tempered quest and those of us are sick of the limited pool. Still something around 20% I think.
Then you RNG a 5% chance that it even turns into an S tier deco.
From there you RNG again that it turns into the S rank deco you even want out of a pool of 7 or so.

It's depressing and there should really be an expensive as hell way to convert decos of the same level. Maybe a 3 to 1 ratio or something. Mighty bow is stuck on shitty armor set bonus options and it's a huge bummer for me.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So apparently someone datamined Xeno Y armor?

Which means AT Xeno. Which means they're really running out of ideas.

But the armor is amazing.

The arms and legs are crit boost with 2 slot 3s and 2 slot 1s.

That's 2/3 of the way to the spareshot skill which is insanely useful for almost every bow gun build.

I for one welcome any more opportunities to use Pierce builds. Seriously, shooting a piece 3 down the enraged body of xeno with Pierce up/WE/Crit boost is Nirvana.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
But the armor is amazing.

The arms and legs are crit boost with 2 slot 3s and 2 slot 1s.

That's 2/3 of the way to the spareshot skill which is insanely useful for almost every bow gun build.

I for one welcome any more opportunities to use Pierce builds. Seriously, shooting a piece 3 down the enraged body of xeno with Pierce up/WE/Crit boost is Nirvana.
Meh.

I only use bowguns for Sticky/Cluster and Elemental, so Crit Boost doesn't mean much to me. The nice slots are good, but if AT Xeno is as much of a pain in the ass as I think it'll be, I might pass.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit 49 on PC, is it still worth it to farm investigations from the Tempered Kirin assigned mission before completing and moving on?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit 49 on PC, is it still worth it to farm investigations from the Tempered Kirin assigned mission before completing and moving on?

Up to you. I got bored of it after 30 minutes and only one investigation received, so I decided to just move on. You can find plenty of tempered elder dragon investigations through SOS. Just gotta be quick on the trigger.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017

The Autumn Harvest festival is going on now until Oct 18. You can collect tracks from the two event quest for Tempered monsters - Tracking the Delivery & A Simple Task.

You don't need to keep sniffing the pony's butt for tempered quest now.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Twice now I got some network error messages,with a few pop up windows and freezes that makes the first part of Visitor from another planet fail...never happens during any quests or contracs etc etc and I am 100 hours in...is this a common glitch...?

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
YWvFx2n.gif

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* don't get me started on this... some of these decorations seriously much have a drop rate of .0001%. I miss being able to craft them.
Eh. I don't think it's that much worse than Charms were.

I guess it feels worse because getting 1 Mighty Bow Jewel or whatever feels less good than getting a god-charm.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Eh. I don't think it's that much worse than Charms were.

I guess it feels worse because getting 1 Mighty Bow Jewel or whatever feels less good than getting a god-charm.
God charms also gave multiple abilities and sometimes higher than the first tier as well. Decorations just give one level of one ability, not to mention the armor/weapon you put it on has to have applicable slots. Charms in older games have slots too!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
God charms also gave multiple abilities and sometimes higher than the first tier as well. Decorations just give one level of one ability, not to mention the armor/weapon you put it on has to have applicable slots. Charms in older games have slots too!
Yeah were much more powerful, but I feel like the grind to get the one you want was about the same.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
It's so quiet in here....

Anyway, after >1,500 uses of Charge Blade, I've decided to pick up another weapon. I decided on the HBG. Since I didn't have Taroth Glutton HBG, I used the Dark Devourer. Oh man....now I know about the imba-ness of Cluster Bomb-ing! I'm still quite noob to it. I can hardly roll from attacks with. So I decided to slap a shield mod on it. Wow...i don't even need to hold down the block button!

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's so quiet in here....

Anyway, after >1,500 uses of Charge Blade, I've decided to pick up another weapon. I decided on the HBG. Since I didn't have Taroth Glutton HBG, I used the Dark Devourer. Oh man....now I know about the imba-ness of Cluster Bomb-ing! I'm still quite noob to it. I can hardly roll from attacks with. So I decided to slap a shield mod on it. Wow...i don't even need to hold down the block button!

I tried LBG for Kulve and found it super easy to pick up. May try HBG for fun too (and I do have Glutton). What does Glutton have over Dark Devourer?

Oct 25, 2017
I played at launch on PS4. Is there much new content added? Haven't been following. Also, can we expect any kind of expansion in the future?

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I hope some future armors they add in have Spread Shot/Piercing Shot on them. Currently your only options to get those skills are with bad armor or get crazy lucky because they're both among the rarest jewels in the game.

I'd much rather have future sets open up options for more varied builds than just be more efficient stacks of crit and attack boosts.