Monster Hunter: World |OT3| Generations Ahead

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Thats just a number. Will there be new hooks to keep you playing after beating the last "Master" Monster? The base game was poor in this regard. Previous G rank expansions gave you reasons to keep playing beyond just the new maps/monsters.
They did?

I thought grinding for gear, speedrunning, and perfect builds was all in one with grank before

I dont remember anything special in previous generations outside of an extra final final boss and rotating event quests for high end elders

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
A little more than World at least. There were more RNG elements.
Oh well yeah but world was a vanilla experience though I know OG Tri/4/Gen had some endgame stuff but its comparable to vanilla MHW

Time will tell how truly robust Iceborne is content wise

I dont think it will rival GU but thats an unfair comparison since that game is a damn kitchen sink of 4 generations of content. Much of it just carried over and remixed from their respective games

I do think it could potentially be compared to 3U and Maaaayyybe 4U in content depth

Hard to tell since they are being so stingy right now!

I hope we get a blowout at Gamescom

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
A little more than World at least. There were more RNG elements.
They haven't really mixed up endgame grind goals in expansions in the past, but world is a departure in a lot of ways so who knows.

Tri didn't have endgame grind content > 3U didn't either.
4 had GQs > 4U kept GQs
Gen had deviants/hypers > GU kept deviants/hypers

Thatguy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Oh well yeah but world was a vanilla experience though I know OG Tri/4/Gen had some endgame stuff but its comparable to vanilla MHW

Time will tell how truly robust Iceborne is content wise

I dont think it will rival GU but thats an unfair comparison since that game is a damn kitchen sink of 4 generations of content. Much of it just carried over and remixed from their respective games

I do think it could potentially be compared to 3U and Maaaayyybe 4U in content depth

Hard to tell since they are being so stingy right now!

I hope we get a blowout at Gamescom
Yeah I was hoping to see some new ideas.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was hoping to see some new ideas.
Hmmm well if I had to guess we may see an expansion to the new endgame mechanic MHW introduced with Siege battles

Maybe some other truly large monsters will be remade and rotated in and out as a siege battle. They only did one of these with Kulve and it would be cool to have more high end events in this vein

Monsters like Dalamadur or Lao Shun could work or a new monster entirely?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with Worlds endgame is that Tempered is a much more boring modifier than Frenzied or Hyper. If Tempered monsters came with boosts other than just bonus damage, I think we'd see a lot less complaints.

Also, grinding for decos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> grinding for charms. At least when I get a Tenderizer deco or whatever, I know it'll be good as it can be, instead of there being a million variations on charms and getting sad that I only got Hanidcraft +6 instead of +10 or whatever.

World had probably the worst endgame of any base mohkn. Hope ice born can fix it
It was still better than Tri (in that there is an endgame).

kageroo

Oct 27, 2017
Ah so the monsters disappear after they got killed... I lost my crew, then got chased by Lunastra for about 10 minutes and when I finally shook him or her off I could see dead Teostra on the map but it wasn't there when I arrived to get my (un)deserved rewards... Just disappeared lol!

Edit: yep, did it again, Teostra just disappears... So it's either get roasted by Lunastra while trying to carve or just don't carve... lol (I did both regardless of course!)

Also there's no reward for doing this "Infernal Duo"? I think there should be a reward, that wasn't exactly easy!

Last edited:

kageroo

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit... I found out how to unlock level 50 missions, just to also find out that I can't do them haha, pretty much everything 1 shots me...

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I liked what I saw of the new expansion. Managed to watch a few capcom streams with two hunts.

Meanwhile I finally was able to get a good Nergigante Setup for Switchaxe and an Odogaron for my insect glaive, like the screens I posted. Reached the point where I have to hunt down the elder dragons.

Nergigante was a lot easier than I remembered, managed to slay him within 10 minutes, but I was playing on PS4 before and always with a mate, so 4player multiplayer difficulty all the way ^^

Is there an active community on PC? I have 250 hours+ and online nearly every day (europe / Paris / Berlin timezone)

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Just started playing again after a long absence in anticipation of iceborn and wow, AT Nerg is no joke. I've gotten him once but I've tried so many times. I can do it pretty well without carting but I'm not sure I could do it solo and randoms still do the dumbest shit. I just had someone flash Kushala after their turf war and it stuck around and carted us all 3 times.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So, I've completed every Lvl 6 optional quest and it shows "complete" in blue, I know this means there's more quest but what caught my attention is that I did every Arena hunt quest (like 8 in total) and now it only shows me two of them completed and the rest just vanished.

Maybe I need to progress in the story.