Monster Hunter: World |OT3| Generations Ahead

CountAntonius

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the PC player's angry refuge?

This game being delayed so long hurts the PC community so much. That's twice now I don't get to participate in the hype and discovery of a new MH title. Makes me sad we will probably get all new content delayed as well. Really a blemish on something great.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
So with the release of iceborne I need some help, Should I buy MHW: Iceborn or Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch? or eventually buy them both.

Last edited:

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say start with Iceborne. MHGU is great, but it's as easy to get in to as World. There are a lot of quality of life upgrades in World that you're going to miss in MHGU. Can't run while drinking, flexing after drinkings, no weapon tree to plan out what you need in game, etc. Those things aside, there are still countless monsters in MHGU that are not in World. I haven't unlocked G-Rank in GU yet, so I haven't faced some of the monsters 100+ hours in to the game. I love both games for what they are, just know that they're slightly different experiences. But if you love going out and fighting monsters with ridiculously oversized weapons, you can't go wrong with either game.

Check out the GU demo on the Switch to get an idea of the differences between the games.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
gaddam just need a mini crown Barroth which seems to be as hard to find as a gold crown black diablos...

Some of these random party leaders their internet seems really bad which is why I hate doing event runs like the Behemoth one

benj

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the PC player's angry refuge?

This game being delayed so long hurts the PC community so much. That's twice now I don't get to participate in the hype and discovery of a new MH title. Makes me sad we will probably get all new content delayed as well. Really a blemish on something great.
yeah I'm really stinging over this one. what a bummer.

Oct 29, 2017
Tried the arena quests for the first time today so I could get the brigade layered armor and I had no idea about how they worked, thought it was neat.

Freeglader

Nov 13, 2017
I’m new to the franchise and I just bought the base game on sale. I’m really excited to start, but I was curious: is there any reason to buy Iceborne now too? Like, does having Iceborne unlock new weapon movesets or anything like that?

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Iceborne lets you use the clutch claw immediately, which is apparently a game changer.

If still in the return period, it might save you money to just get the iceborne master edition that comes with the base game.

n.thou

Mar 22, 2019
Only have the base game at the moment, playing on PS4Pro...and...and I can't stop - I think this is my new obsession. Made it all the way up to where you have to look for tracks for the x3 Elder Dragons but I just keep wanting to redo quests and farm for that sweet insect glaive (my favourite weapon) upgrade.

My worry is I won't play any other games while I just keep playing MHW - and then Iceborne (Waiting for a sale).
How to manage the need to grind and farm?

Also I did my first SOS call with Negereteiretatisitatatai - for the life of me she was kicking my butt all over the place...whats the 'online maxim' with SOS calls? Are there rules? Is it bad to keep doing it?

PS: Love this game :)

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was trying to get my Behemoth set and Lunastra weapon before Iceborne, but I think I'm done until Iceborne drops. I can't deal with how damn awful the multiplayer in this game is, and I heard at the very least that Iceborne makes it so that the monster HP scales back down when people DC from your game.

Also died in a 1 cart Lunastra investigation when it was one hit from dying. Can't even begin to tell you how much I hate the guaranteed cart from an attack that covers an entire room, especially when Lunastra is literally in a room with only one exit. Absolute garbage.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this Defender's gear is kind of busted. I legitimately don't really have to heal.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
So, have monster sizes been datamined from World? I have a suspicion that there are only a few different monster models (3-4 of varying sizes).
Because I feel that I have killed a ton of Teostra of the same size as the one that finally gave me a mini gold crown.

EDIT: same thing for mini crown Kirin. It is finally over.

Last edited:

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
So, have monster sizes been datamined from World? I have a suspicion that there are only a few different monster models (3-4 of varying sizes).
Because I feel that I have killed a ton of Teostra of the same size as the one that finally gave me a mini gold crown.

EDIT: same thing for mini crown Kirin. It is finally over.
The monster models are dynamically scaled by a certain factor if that's what you're asking. So there is just one model.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
finally killed the behemoth! the crew was great, and I wanted to send them my guild card but it seems like you could only send to people in your session?

nuts.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
The further I get the more I realize I have forgotten about MHW since playing it and the more I'm sad I can't transfer my PS4 save to PC. Oh well. Just killed Nergigante, the defender stuff is overpowered.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just tried my hand at Extremoth for the first time...with randoms...and it ended in fucking success!
These guys were so good! Not only did noone cart but they obviously did enough damage as weel to send the big boy home in like 10-12 minutes!

Again this was my first try online with an SoS.

I expected the worst, and got the best.

So good. :D

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I just tried my hand at Extremoth for the first time...with randoms...and it ended in fucking success!
These guys were so good! Not only did noone cart but they obviously did enough damage as weel to send the big boy home in like 10-12 minutes!

Again this was my first try online with an SoS.

I expected the worst, and got the best.

So good. :D
I mean, you're trying it once most people have end game master rank gear. If you had done it back when everyone was still high rank you would have probably had a much different experience