• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
For those wondering if status crit is worth it:

6 blasts with vs 4 without.

The thing about that is that it's a blast weapon with crit status vs another blast weapon without crit status.

The comparison should be between a blast weapon and a weapon with way higher raw, like a Deviljho weapon.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
The thing about that is that it's a blast weapon with crit status vs another blast weapon without crit status.

The comparison should be between a blast weapon and a weapon with way higher raw, like a Deviljho weapon.
It's not a DPS test, saw someone here wondering if the boost you get from crit status is worth it, and this is pretty much testing that.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did my first Zorah Solo in 23:40. It's a close one I'll say that. Got 3 tickets out of it though.

Zorah requires 8 Tickets if you want the Origins Armour Set (What does that look like by the way?)

gamerguy2002

Oct 25, 2017
Glendale, arizona
Did my first Zorah Solo in 23:40. It's a close one I'll say that. Got 3 tickets out of it though.

Zorah requires 8 Tickets if you want the Origins Armour Set (What does that look like by the way?)

Pre order armor. this.
chrome_2017-09-19_17-10-53_1518272118.png

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I did some sniping and managed to get a Pierce deco. It was a relatively easy ability to slot since no belt is must have and the rathlos one has it, but it's nice regardless. Now I pretty much have the perfect set for AT Xeno. His rage mode with a Pierce 3 shot is unrivaled in terms of dps.

Sadly, I have nothing good coming the next 45 turns. I will keep hunting for that damn mighty bow. It's crazy how much dps a single deco can give.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
I have gotten more Pierce decorations than Charger or Mushroomancer....and I don't play Bow...(at least not yet).

Since I play both PS4 and PC versions, I really miss the "Take All" button in the rewards screen or the growing stuff guy. I wonder if it is really hard to patch in.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I have gotten more Pierce decorations than Charger or Mushroomancer....and I don't play Bow...(at least not yet).

Since I play both PS4 and PC versions, I really miss the "Take All" button in the rewards screen or the growing stuff guy. I wonder if it is really hard to patch in.
Does holding the button down instead of tapping to collect rewards not work on PC?

Joshbob1985

Jan 12, 2018
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a damage calculation please.

I made a GS set last night with these skills:

Crit Eye 7
Weakness Exploit 3
Crit Boost 3
Focus 3
Attack Boost 1

My question is: Will I do more damage on average with Wyvern Ignition at 1008 Dmg and 65% affinity, or with the Rathalos Glinsword at 912 Dmg and 95% Affinity.

My calculations indicated that the Wyvern Ignition wins out slightly with the base damage values, but the Glinsword overtakes it when you add in attack boosts from powercharm/talon ect. I'm not certain I'm applying these bonuses correctly though.

Edit: Using an online damage calculator I got a difference of 1 Dmg! I had to make up the powercharn/talon bonus though so I'm not sure of the accuracy.

Note 1: I haven't factored in the Glinswords fire damage as it's not always relevant.
Note 2: This skill set probably isn't impressive to you console players with your gama armour and more decoration farming time, but it's what I've got.
Note 3: I'd like to register my appreciation for all the awesome SunhiLegend gifs in this thread.

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

Crit Eye 7
Weakness Exploit 3
Crit Boost 3
Focus 3
Attack Boost 1

My question is: Will I do more damage on average with Wyvern Ignition at 1008 Dmg and 65% affinity, or with the Rathalos Glinsword at 912 Dmg and 95% Affinity.

My calculations indicated that the Wyvern Ignition wins out slightly with the base damage values, but the Glinsword overtakes it when you add in attack boosts from powercharm/talon ect. I'm not certain I'm applying these bonuses correctly though.

Edit: Using an online damage calculator I got a difference of 1 Dmg! I had to make up the powercharn/talon bonus though so I'm not sure of the accuracy.

Note 1: I haven't factored in the Glinswords fire damage as it's not always relevant.
Note 2: This skill set probably isn't impressive to you console players with your gama armour and more decoration farming time, but it's what I've got.
Note 3: I'd like to register my appreciation for all the awesome SunhiLegend gifs in this thread.
Wyvern Ignition with elementless skill(you really shouldn't think about using WI without this skill) most probably does more damage. The damage buff is worth changing a piece of armor if you don't have the decoration for it, even if it means sacrificing Crit Boost 3 or weakness exploit 3.
Also look into filling affinity with Maximum Might skill, it works really well with GS if you do a lot of charged attack without canceling them, and is much cheaper to get than Crit Eye 7.

Joshbob1985

Jan 12, 2018
Wyvern Ignition with elementless skill(you really shouldn't think about using WI without this skill) most probably does more damage. The damage buff is worth changing a piece of armor if you don't have the decoration for it, even if it means sacrificing Crit Boost 3 or weakness exploit 3.
Also look into filling affinity with Maximum Might skill, it works really well with GS if you do a lot of charged attack without canceling them, and is much cheaper to get than Crit Eye 7.

I spent ages trying to work Max Might in instead of crit eye, but without decos I needed to use the Nerg helmet, which means not using the eye patch, which ruined everything. I also seem to be getting lots of crit eye decos. Elementless will be going straight in as soon as it drops!

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Oh, got elementless so soon, didn't even knew it was a set mastery skill, that's some bullshit lol.

Last edited:

Joshbob1985

Jan 12, 2018
Yeah, such a big difference in damage in a really low chance drop. I think I can make a Diablos set for it that works out at slightly more average damage than the set I posted above. Unfortunately it comes out with things like 2/3 Crit Boost, and 5/7 Crit eye which triggers OCD problems.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Crit Eye 7
Weakness Exploit 3
Crit Boost 3
Focus 3
Attack Boost 1

I think you are missing the sharpness damage multiplier in your calculations. Ignition wins out over glinsword easily because white sharpness (1.32x) over blue (1.2x).

Easy formula for damage calc:

(base_raw/bloat_value * percentage_raw_boosts + raw_boosts) * sharpness_multiplier * (1 + crit_multiplier * crit_chance)

percentage_raw_boosts are additive and include things like non-elemental boost and evasion mantle buff.

Wyvern Ignition
(1008/4.8+55+3)*1.32*(1+.4*.65) = 445.7376

vs

Rathalos Glinsword
(912/4.8+55+3)*1.2*(1+.4*.95) = 410.688

I'm using 55 for raw boosts because:
Powercharm = 6
Powertalon = 9
Kitchen AuL = 15
Might seed = 10
Might powder = 10
Demondrug = 5 (Mega Demondrug = 7 if you use that instead)

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Crit boost gem is now the bane of my existence.

It's a rarity 8 level 2 slot blue gem that isn't the fucking one I want so badly.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
MIGHTY BOW.

The single greatest deco imo. The skill is locked behind bad armor no one would use and has the single greatest impact on a weapons dps. A 4th charge you can spam dodge shoots with is legendary.

Oh right... you have mentioned this. Isn't Mighty Bow a light blue and Crit Eye is a dark blue?

And you probably don't want to know how may Mighty Bow decs I've seen through the Melder at this point. :-(

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Oh right... you have mentioned this. Isn't Mighty Bow a light blue and Crit Eye is a dark blue?

And you probably don't want to know how may Mighty Bow decs I've seen through the Melder at this point. :-(

Blues are hard for me. Between tenderizer/airborne/crit I get excited everytime and cry a little each time.

Is the melder a set loot table decided by a random number at character creation like in the tri days? Have any PC people opened the game up and looked it up I wonder?

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is the melder a set loot table decided by a random number at character creation like in the tri days? Have any PC people opened the game up and looked it up I wonder?

Good question, I doubt it anecdotally since I've been save scumming for probably 500 hours of playtime and I haven't seen things repeat. (I know this because early on I screwed up and lost a Mind's Eye deco and haven't gotten one since).

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Good question, I doubt it anecdotally since I've been save scumming for probably 500 hours of playtime and I haven't seen things repeat. (I know this because early on I screwed up and lost a Mind's Eye deco and haven't gotten one since).

Ouch. Mind's eye and mighty bow are the 2 that I haven't seen in 500 hours. That ballistic from ME would be the perfect compliment to a Pierce build.

The dream

Joshbob1985

Jan 12, 2018
I think you are missing the sharpness damage multiplier in your calculations. Ignition wins out over glinsword easily because white sharpness (1.32x) over blue (1.2x).

Easy formula for damage calc:

(base_raw/bloat_value * percentage_raw_boosts + raw_boosts) * sharpness_multiplier * (1 + crit_multiplier * crit_chance)

percentage_raw_boosts are additive and include things like non-elemental boost and evasion mantle buff.

Wyvern Ignition
(1008/4.8+55+3)*1.32*(1+.4*.65) = 445.7376

vs

Rathalos Glinsword
(912/4.8+55+3)*1.2*(1+.4*.95) = 410.688

I'm using 55 for raw boosts because:
Powercharm = 6
Powertalon = 9
Kitchen AuL = 15
Might seed = 10
Might powder = 10
Demondrug = 5 (Mega Demondrug = 7 if you use that instead)

Thank you so much!

Ah of course, sharpness! How silly of me.

I probably need to stop tweaking my armour sets so often. Every time I get a new deco relevant to my builds I change things around, so now I'm running out of armour spheres. I was a bit put off by the tempered monster deco grind at first, but once a few decent decos started rolling in lots of build options presented themselves. Now I have a cycle of: build a new set, go on a hunt to test it out, get a new decoration in the rewards, build a new set...

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Deviljho HBG or Luna-Xeno HBG for Cluster Bombing? I need to get a build ready for when Extreme Behemoth returns in the Winter Festival.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
+200 hours and still no mighty bow, spread shot and tenderizer, decos needed in every bow build, is that normal Capcom?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have an NA account with a NA game

if a friend has a NA account, and buys the european version of this game, could I play with him?

banter

Jan 12, 2018
That's just defeating.
This is why I no longer have any desire to attempt to farm for decorations at this point. I have only 1 attack deco as well and it's the one it let me meld. I hate watching videos of great armor builds because they always involve rare decos that I don't have and I don't have the patience and willpower to farm for them.

S_Dev

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to run Torath with some friends, keep getting DC'd, even have Type 1 NAT and hosting. Capcom's servers must be getting hammered.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw that the harvest festival is back for a day. Capcom you sly dogs... Mind you I would use anytime to access the Extreme Behemoth to try and FINALLY KILL IT!!! but I'm going to hold off for whatever the winter event is to try and figure out a plan. I already conceded defeat twice, but I'll get it soon.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Not too late to join. The community is still pretty active....at least in the Asia time zone. I'm pretty sure there are a few of us that checks out this thread daily.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
TFW you think you will put MHW down until AT Xeno and then an attack jewel comes up 23 spots away with the Melder.

Fine game, fine.... I'll continue to play here and there over the next two weeks. Happy now?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
TFW you think you will put MHW down until AT Xeno and then an attack jewel comes up 23 spots away with the Melder.

Fine game, fine.... I'll continue to play here and there over the next two weeks. Happy now?

I was like that for my Pierce deco, 30 turns in.

Kept a running tally just counting the minutes. I had too much other stuff to play to be wasting so much time with nothing to grind or build for. But that deco is too good, especially with Xeno coming up.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't played in a few months but I've been thinking about this game every day for a month now.. so I decided to hit up my MHW crew and they're all in again, gonna start this weekend. So damn hyped, playing this game with my friends was a blast.

So, anything new I need to know? Or can I just dive right back in again?

Mostly playing bow and dual blades. Been wanting to try heavy bowgun, so I might try and get a good build for that, any recommendations?

I hope this thread isn't completely dead :-(