• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
What was the last mob release before you went on hiatus? Quite a bit of things have been added. Most arch tempered gears are really good.

Some of them are timed events only. But all times events will return during the seasonal event. Next one should be winter event next month.

HBG is now about cluster bombing with Dark Devourer (Deviljho) or spread shot with HBG Glutton.

Last edited:

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I quit right before the Behemoth was released. Never got to try him, heard he was quite hard tho.

Oh, thanks for the info about the HBG!

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Behemoth was ok. Extreme Behemoth (aka Extremoth) is the imba one..

Behemoth is available as a non-event quest, so it's available 24/7. The events that you missed are :

- Extreme Behemoth
- AT Teostra
- AT Kushala
- AT Lunastra
- AT Zorah

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Behemoth was ok. Extreme Behemoth (aka Extremoth) is the imba one..

Behemoth is available as a non-event quest, so it's available 24/7. The events that you missed are :

- Extreme Behemoth
- AT Teostra
- AT Kushala
- AT Lunastra
- AT Zorah
Ok, thanks for the update! I guess I'll take down the behemoth this weekend xD

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I'm thinking of picking up Great Sword because the Wyvern Ignition looks so cool but it looks to be a time-limited release. Do we know when they plan to have the quests for the materials available again?

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of picking up Great Sword because the Wyvern Ignition looks so cool but it looks to be a time-limited release. Do we know when they plan to have the quests for the materials available again?
Best idea would be to check their website from time to time, it shows you the events and quests for the week and upcoming ones too. Though a quest like that would probably show up in the winter festival

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Heads Up:

According to the event schedule, the "Heart of the nora" quest to get the gamma Aloy armor and layered armor should be up today.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
How's the dual Tempered Jho fight? Do they attack each other?

They did come into the same area, but my next attack sent the first one off limping, so i can't confirm.

And they seemed.... maybe easier than regular TJho? It's possible I have much more effective raw (or even more skill playing?) though at this point; haven't fought TJho in a while.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So here's something I discovered just now on the "Event Quests" calendar.

On November 15th, we are getting "Like a Moth to the Flame" which will bring the Arch-Tempered Xeno'jiiva. Of course, this means we will have to hunt it about 7 times in order to get the Xeno Gamma armor set and the layered armor (which for this one will be the Commission layered armor).

Now the fun thing here besides another Arch Tempered hunt is the length of how long we're getting this one: It will run from 11/15 to 12/17.

It would seem as though the Winter Event (whatever the name might be) will be starting up soon. Honestly, it does make me wonder what quests we'll get for the Winter, if we will get one more Arch Tempered Hunt (Since I WANT!!! The AT Nergigante hunt to be a thing), and from there... That will more or less mark the one year anniversary when we move into January.

Hard to believe we are close to one year since MHW came out. I actually only have 10 monsters to grind out before I have all the weapons and (high rank) armors (since there isn't enough space for all the low and high rank armors). I'm kind of in hopes that maybe once we get close to the one year celebration, they could announce the G-Rank.

Otherwise, I still have unfinished business with the Extreme Behemoth. Probably will reach out on ResetEra and other locations so that I can at least get one win so that I can finally be caught up. We'll see what happens, but definitely will be fun to see where things will go from here.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
They did come into the same area, but my next attack sent the first one off limping, so i can't confirm.

And they seemed.... maybe easier than regular TJho? It's possible I have much more effective raw (or even more skill playing?) though at this point; haven't fought TJho in a while.
They most likely have less HP, but are their attacks weaker too?!

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah...they do hurt each other. I got 1 Hero streamstone for each time i took them out. Took them out twice....gonna do more tomorrow.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Oh man! Well, just ran the Aloy quest again and this time the Jhos fought each other (and me) the whole time! The little one even threw the big one! Ha!

ugoo18

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone, finally got back on the MH wagon with World. An I see the Banquet in the Earthen Hall siege is up except I can't for the life of me find people to do it with. Truth be told the online for this has been pretty bad in my experience so far. Not the biggest fan of 16 player halls, seems like all it does is basically make everyone keep to themselves rather than the 4 player halls which seemed more logical with 4 player coop being the online focus of MH. Anyway that's a thing for another day, is there anyone here who'd like to do the siege with me, been doing it solo so far and it's at level 2? (Not fully sure what that means as this is my first seige).

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
I usually join randoms for Kulve Taroth siege. I search for Kulve Taroth sessions to join. Usually there are quite a lot of them in my timezone (GMT +8). It takes a really long time to solo Kulve.

ugoo18

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh alright and I definitely can see that, been at him for an hour solo and well it's been slow going to say the least.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Aloy layered armor in 2 hunts. 1 double Jho, 1 big Anjanath.

I'm not complaining that I got lucky with the drops, but it kinda sucks for them to come out with "new" content and be done with it in 20 minutes.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
So I just hit Elder's Recess but I'm getting 1-2 shot by alot of the high rank monsters like Diablos etc. Is there anything I should change on my armor currently?

Kulu Headpiece Alpha
LR Rathalos Chest
Kestodon Gloves Alpha
LR Odogaron Waist
Jyura Greaves Alpha

I've just started to eat food at the cantene before the hunts and it lowers the damage from one-shot to two-shot but I feel like I'm having a ton of trouble right now. Is there any particular meal I should be getting? I'm a GS user and I've been eating the fish meal mostly.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is there anything I should change on my armor currently?

Have you upgraded the armor you are wearing with armor spheres?

And I think the Odo set with the eyepatch (as helmet) is the best HR set till you start rolling in decorations to fully customize good mixed sets. (Though, really, end game is all about Behemoth armor in most cases).

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Just played again the siege of Kulve Taroth and man, I love this quest.

I haven't played it since the first time it was available and it's really great.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
So I just hit Elder's Recess but I'm getting 1-2 shot by alot of the high rank monsters like Diablos etc. Is there anything I should change on my armor currently?

Kulu Headpiece Alpha
LR Rathalos Chest
Kestodon Gloves Alpha
LR Odogaron Waist
Jyura Greaves Alpha

I've just started to eat food at the cantene before the hunts and it lowers the damage from one-shot to two-shot but I feel like I'm having a ton of trouble right now. Is there any particular meal I should be getting? I'm a GS user and I've been eating the fish meal mostly.

I'd work on getting some better armor; especially replacing the LR armor, since it's pretty much outdated once you hit High Rank.

And as mentioned, don't forget to use Armor Spheres as necessary.

I used Bone Armor Alpha for most of High Rank, until I started fighting some of the stronger monsters.

The Odo Set is pretty good as mentioned since it's got some nice Skills on it and it'll hold up until you start getting access to more powerful equipment.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Just played again the siege of Kulve Taroth and man, I love this quest.

I haven't played it since the first time it was available and it's really great.

It's been a while but I'm surprised I still know the ropes

wPR6sR0.gif

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I keep forgetting why I even go online anymore Everytime I check back into the game, this week for double jho.

Where as in 3/4/GU you always expect multi level HP in the guild hall quest, here the HP inflation is absolutely not worth the risk of other players fucking up. What I could do with a bow in 15 minutes would be a shaky 30 in multi.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I keep forgetting why I even go online anymore Everytime I check back into the game, this week for double jho.

Where as in 3/4/GU you always expect multi level HP in the guild hall quest, here the HP inflation is absolutely not worth the risk of other players fucking up. What I could do with a bow in 15 minutes would be a shaky 30 in multi.
Definitely the worst aspect of MHW. In past iterations you were always eager to find other people to play. A good group was a bonus.
In World, unless you find a good group, one is often wasting time in multiplayer compared to solo. This is further aggravated by the fact that if you find a good group via SOS it will only last for one quest because nobody ever chooses not to disband after the quest.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The guess is that since AT Xeno has dates for four weeks' availability, it'll start the second set of those weeks: 11/29

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Doing the Aloy Quest (2 tempered) and man... I forgot how much fun this game was. I just wish there was G rank. I was hoping those rumors of it coming around the PC launch had been true. :(

Also snowy zone yet? Please?

ugoo18

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone up for some tempered investigations (I'm trying to get more Attack decorations to round up my armour decorations) in an hour or so? i'm kind of bored going solo and doing a full party by SOS isn't fun when everyone always disbands after a quest.

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think Capcom is gonna launch a "Monster Hunter World Season 2" like the kind of they do for Street Fighter V?

We know they want to monetize the game more and I'm sure they're gonna announce a big paid DLC soon. Maybe even a new retail version with all the content.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Are we getting a Christmas event?

According to the event calender, the winter event is closer than we think. Since the Xeno hunt is just around the corner for us, it will be lasting until either the 17th or 27th of December. As such, it is probably fair to guess that once we get into December, the Winter event will be underway.

Do you think Capcom is gonna launch a "Monster Hunter World Season 2" like the kind of they do for Street Fighter V?

We know they want to monetize the game more and I'm sure they're gonna announce a big paid DLC soon. Maybe even a new retail version with all the content.

I think more people are in hopes that they announce a "G-Rank" version soon that will give us a new place to run around, higher difficulty and even returning monsters. Let's hope that happens.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since early September or so. Really hoping they announce G-rank soon. I'm a little disappointed with how quickly they stopped with the regular content updates considering how few monsters were already in the base game. If they simply did a blog post saying "We've moved development to something new and we'll be excited to share it with you in the coming months," that would be a lot better than the total radio silence we've received since August. We know there's at least two more DLC monsters that went MIA so clearly they changed something with their post-launch DLC plans.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
We know there's at least two more DLC monsters that went MIA so clearly they changed something with their post-launch DLC plans.
I fully believe that we should've gotten Oroshi Kirin and (probably) Alatreon by now, but there were sidetracked by Square Enix showing up and offering to them let them put Behemoth into the game.

Why they haven't hinted at more monsters since then, I don't know. Maybe Behemoth took a lot more out of them than they anticipated.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So with the Game Awards nods today.... G Rank announced then? What do we think?

Huh... Now there's something I didn't consider. I mean I like to think Monster Hunter World deserves to be a GotY nominee regardless, but what per ce that with that announcement, we get that "Something extra" to also help "commemerate" the one year anniversary of the game?

If we were to get a "G-Rank" announcement at the awards, color me excited. I just need to finish farming up the rest of the elders and DESTROY THE EXTREME BEHEMOTH!!! before that happens.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
So with the Game Awards nods today.... G Rank announced then? What do we think?
I don't think we are getting a g-rank announcement until spring or summer 2019. As others have said, Oroshi Kirin and Alatreon are still MIA and their release rate has slowed down. We are getting AT Xeno this week and it will last 1 month, which is twice as long as the other AT monster availability periods. They could be stretching the content thinner because G-rank is taking longer than they expected?

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wanting to get back into this so that I have a "big" game to play for the holidays and wondering if I should play on PC or PS4 Pro? I prefer multiplatform titles on the PC but last time I played the port was a little messy and I don't have a supercomputer.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
That's probably just the initial 2 weeks ending as soon as the winter festival starts. The exact same thing happened with AT Kushala Daora. I didn't have time to complete it in the first 2 weeks but then got all the tickets immediately after that during the autumn festival.
This would put the winter festival starting on Nov 29. They haven't announced a date for it yet, but that seems a bit early.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Autumn festival was Halloween themed and it came quite earlier than Hallowen for PS4/XBox. They did make it available again for a day or two on Halloween.
I may be wrong but I could see it being Christmas themed but no one wanting to actually put new content precisely on Christmas so the first weeks of December may work.
All of this doesn't actually make any sense because winter doesn't actually start until the 21st of December so having a winter festival during autumn would be stupid but I've seen worse stuff.

Don't you find it weird that all the normal events that start on 11/22 end on 12/17?
http://game.capcom.com/world/us/schedule.html

And this would even confirm simultaneous festival with PC.
http://game.capcom.com/world/steam/us/schedule.html

Last edited: