• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Autumn festival was Halloween themed and it came quite earlier than Hallowen for PS4/XBox. They did make it available again for a day or two on Halloween.
I was probably wrong but I could see it being Christmas themed but no one wanting to actually put new content precisely on Christmas so the first weeks of December may work.
All of this doesn't actually make any sense because winter doesn't actually start until the 21st of December so having a Winter festival during Autumn would be stupid but I've seen worse stuff.
Ah true about the Autumn fest.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
It would make sense for them to have the winter event early if they have another event planned for the game's 1 year anniversary at the end of January.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Wanting to get back into this so that I have a "big" game to play for the holidays and wondering if I should play on PC or PS4 Pro? I prefer multiplatform titles on the PC but last time I played the port was a little messy and I don't have a supercomputer.

I play on both PS4 and PC. I have an SSD and 1070 on the PC, so performance is pretty good. The best part about PC version is the loading times! What a world of difference. The mods on the PC are also amazing.

Community wise, PS4 version has more players than PC version. However, I'm on GMT +8 timezone.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Idk where the PC thread is and Im too lazy to find it but man Jho's body check is so unfair against any weapons that can't block. Because of this one move I have to play conservatively or risk getting sent tumbling like fucking Neymar and then risk getting comboed to death when I get pinned in between him and a wall. I wonder if evade+ can help with that. I have not used any defensive skills in this game because it is just so darn easy but maybe I should start looking into it. Also just started IG, never used it before ever, when Kulve got released so I am still trying to get the hang of it. The only place I can reliably get a hit on him is at his feet but he is such a dervish of hateful meat that I have to put myself at risk at the same time.

Also the end game in this is bad...like real bad. You give us tempered monsters that deal a fuckton of damage and seem to have some different attack patterns(not quite sure on that tbh) which would be ideal for multiplayer hunts but then you neglect to give them any HP. I go into a tempered quest and I get maybe 3 hits in before the monster is limping away because everyone is using jacked up weapons and armor. If it is a multi monster hunt then forget about it, even solo the lack of HP is so noticeable. Like OMG wtf, Capcom!? And then all I get is another roll of the RNG shitfest that is the gem farming. I spend what little excess gems I have to spend on the melder and I get back the same shit I put in.....like what even is this?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Idk where the PC thread is and Im too lazy to find it but man Jho's body check is so unfair against any weapons that can't block. Because of this one move I have to play conservatively or risk getting sent tumbling like fucking Neymar and then risk getting comboed to death when I get pinned in between him and a wall. I wonder if evade+ can help with that. I have not used any defensive skills in this game because it is just so darn easy but maybe I should start looking into it. Also just started IG, never used it before ever, when Kulve got released so I am still trying to get the hang of it. The only place I can reliably get a hit on him is at his feet but he is such a dervish of hateful meat that I have to put myself at risk at the same time.

Also the end game in this is bad...like real bad. You give us tempered monsters that deal a fuckton of damage and seem to have some different attack patterns(not quite sure on that tbh) which would be ideal for multiplayer hunts but then you neglect to give them any HP. I go into a tempered quest and I get maybe 3 hits in before the monster is limping away because everyone is using jacked up weapons and armor. If it is a multi monster hunt then forget about it, even solo the lack of HP is so noticeable. Like OMG wtf, Capcom!? And then all I get is another roll of the RNG shitfest that is the gem farming. I spend what little excess gems I have to spend on the melder and I get back the same shit I put in.....like what even is this?

Can't really comment on everything, but your complaints about Jho are, I don't know...Maybe a bit misguided? You might be fighting him wrong. You need to be up in his business the entire fight. Learn to dance around his feet. You should be close enough where you can do a dodge or a hop and get out of his way ASAP.

Also, end-game tempered stuff on anything but elder dragons is easy. But it's always been that way.

As for deco farming, it's shitty and always has been. What's worse is that, unless they fixed it, it's a set order. So I save scum and feel zero remorse.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Idk where the PC thread is and Im too lazy to find it but man Jho's body check is so unfair against any weapons that can't block. Because of this one move I have to play conservatively or risk getting sent tumbling like fucking Neymar and then risk getting comboed to death when I get pinned in between him and a wall.
I really don't see how that's a bad thing, the move could get a more accurate hitbox yea, but it forcing you to preemptively play around it, instead of doing whatever you want and just dodging when it comes is fine. Moves like this really makes these fights more interesting as it force you to put more thoughts into how to approach the fight.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

If you can get toward the tail side, you can iframe through the tail. It whips forward toward the end of the hip check so try to time your dodge then to minimize the time you are in the hitbox. Otherwise, you can sort of dodge towards the head sometimes, but it's generally harder to tell when you should dodge to get through on that side. If you are getting hit directly by the hips, you need to position better or be less greedy so that you are in a position to dodge the attack if he does it.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
How is AT Xeno? I was skipping everything on purpose so I have something to do during winter festival but might jump in and take care of Jiva now. How is the gamma set and what layered armor do we get?

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
How is AT Xeno? I was skipping everything on purpose so I have something to do during winter festival but might jump in and take care of Jiva now. How is the gamma set and what layered armor do we get?

Might need clear mind charm and tremor resist >.>

Bring farcasters and be prepared to abandon a lot

Xeno got new dance moves..... they are killer >.>

EDIT
I haven't got any tickets yet to see what armor is available but the other DPS guys in the party are saying apart from the slots it's not very good

Last edited:

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Guess what layered armor we get for Jiva? I have to fucking do this now, I was waiting a long ass time for it lol

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't got any tickets yet to see what armor is available but the other DPS guys in the party are saying apart from the slots it's not very good
If you're a gunner some of the pieces are just straight upgrades from the old Xeno stuff, assuming you aren't just running any of the LunaXeno stuff.

If you play melee I'd say it's all a hard pass.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
At this point, I don't see how melee breaks out of the Behemoth stranglehold. If rumored new decorations pop up, MAAAAAAYYYYYYBE, but it's damn hard to argue with all the affinity from Behemoth armor.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I don't see how melee breaks out of the Behemoth stranglehold. If rumored new decorations pop up, MAAAAAAYYYYYYBE, but it's damn hard to argue with all the affinity from Behemoth armor.
If they actually released an armor set that's better for melee than Behemoth, I'd seriously worry about the health of the game at that point, because the Behemoth armor is already easy-mode.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
SMTWcjV.gif

After the first/second wave I think you can roll towards Xeno and avoid the outer explosions
MXSUoIK.gif

I think AT Xeno has a couple more new moves so watch out

Last edited:

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
AT Xeno is definitely the most different AT compared to its base fight. It has several new moves, changes between normal state and critical state multiple times in the fight, and you start off in the phase 2 area instead of 1. Even though I don't like the fight that much for my weapon, I have to commend them for putting in effort for this one. It really does feel like a different fight. And it's quite difficult as well which is nice.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Which LBGs would be recommended for AT Xeno? I want to keep my distance from the big explosions, but I want to keep mobile in case something goes wrong.

I'm leaning towards LunaXeno LBG built for Pierce because Xeno's such a big boi, but I don't know if something like Slicing would be better.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Which LBGs would be recommended for AT Xeno? I want to keep my distance from the big explosions, but I want to keep mobile in case something goes wrong.

I'm leaning towards LunaXeno LBG built for Pierce because Xeno's such a big boi, but I don't know if something like Slicing would be better.
Used to fight him with Rathalos Buster for fire ammo, but it's a sluggish weapon so you always need to be thinking two steps ahead, probably six against AT Xeno.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
AT Xeno is easy, just use the same setup as for Kulve with Empress Shell "Styx". Even better when you can find a lobby where everyone uses Kulve setup and Xeno will be down in no time.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
AT Xeno is so painful...but what a great AT fight. I like it for all the upgrades it gets.

After the first/second wave I think you can roll towards Xeno and avoid the outer explosions
MXSUoIK.gif

Right at the hind legs, slightly diagonally...there is a blind spot of the explosion. I've stood at the spot before without blocking or rolling. Can anyone else confirm this?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with AT Xeno.

I can't do enough damage without damage skills, but I can't survive without defense skills. Pierce seems to work fine with LunaXeno LBG, but it's attacks to so much damage and have such a huge AoE that I'm spending most of the hunt running away healing instead of getting damage in.

Oh, and it seems like it takes more rolls to get the fireblight off of you, so that's an extra fuck you.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I like AT Xeno, I think it's my favorite AT fight in the game, for some reason it feels really epic, especially when you do it with full group.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm done with AT Xeno.

I can't do enough damage without damage skills, but I can't survive without defense skills. Pierce seems to work fine with LunaXeno LBG, but it's attacks to so much damage and have such a huge AoE that I'm spending most of the hunt running away healing instead of getting damage in.

Oh, and it seems like it takes more rolls to get the fireblight off of you, so that's an extra fuck you.

I ran it w/ Kulve Support HBG with pierce and fortify and did all right with a 20 minute kill.

Support HBG - affinity aug, Pierce
Empress B - Jumping, Mighty
Drachen - Release
Drachen - Crit, Crit
Zorah Y - Mighty, Mighty
Kirin B - Expert, Fortify
Attack Charm
Temporal
Rocksteady
Mods: recoil, range, range
Got it from here: https://youtu.be/bFO68HibLgc

Gets you 90% affinity. No spare shot, but the clip size is fine without it.

That full evade extender with HBG is .... <kiss>.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
AT Xeno is just another middlefinger to melee users, I see. Shit feels like a Michael Bay movie.

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
if you are partying on AT Xeno sure hope some of your party members are considerate and use wide range a lot. Sadly helping to keep the party alive along with doing damage is a balancing act and necessary especially when one of your party members gets knocked around like a bat and ball and can't recover quick enough :/

Sigh* I'm at that stage again where I have the full set but no more armor spheres..

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
if you're a melee, tremor 3+that burn nullyfing charm with IG is the way to go. You can jump through all those blue explosions if you time it well (not too hard to do). Makes a world of difference.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
AT Xeno is just another middlefinger to melee users, I see. Shit feels like a Michael Bay movie.
I figured you'd need a big shield and Guard up.

I could see Lance and GL doing well. GL gets to do full damage when it's not in rage more too, if you're doing a 100% shelling build you can put more skills into defensive stuff.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Was AT Zora any good? Any major changes to normal Zora? Is it possible to solo it?

No Gold ticket for weekly bounties? What is this starter campaign?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out Clearmind charm is basically the key to beating AT Xeno. Once I got that, I beat him 3 times a row.

Never got good times, but whatever.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
The dooter with environmental damage negated made all the difference in my AT Xeno attempt. Felt bad that he had to babysit the IG who kept getting hit at nearly every shockwave. I would've helped heal him too but I forgot to restart after all my previous attempts. At least my felyne insurance saved us in the end.

Also using guard up against Xeno's beam will never not be my favorite thing to do.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Just bought the game on PS4 Pro. I remember when it launched there were different graphics presets with various pros/cons.

What's the current best option for someone who prefers a locked framerate? I'll be playing on a 1080p display.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Might double dip on console so I can co-op with my bro. Have the fixed all those issues with inviting friends into the game?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I'm done with AT Xeno.

You do way more damage with LunaXeno LBG while using elemental ammo, enough to stun lock him by targeting his chest while in rage mode which makes the fight so much easier. I already used affinity augment on my LBG but I can see health augment being a huge help in this fight.