• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So no AT Nerg on the event list for 5/16. Why are they dragging this out?

And is anyone running AT KT in a good consistent group that I might jump into? I am so tired of randoms trying to P1 it without having any f&*ing concept of how the fight works. I would much rather have everyone run around, gather tracks for 8 minutes, get the 2 extra rainbow boxes, and actually do the fight at P4 or higher. <Sigh>

(I've tried some discords - namely GameEconomist and JinxJinx- but seems that those struggle to fill up lobbies since most people have moved on from MHW at this point, which I totally understand.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
YuW0xYv.gif

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The Blademaster/Gunner class distinction was indeed eliminated in MHW, and you can change weapons back at base camp during quests now. Furthermore, Hunter Rank is different from traditional character leveling in that it simply determines what quests you can take, and is not tied to stats (your base stats remain the same throughout the game, and are augmented by equipment, items, and meals eaten before hunts). Only your Palico levels up in a traditional manner.

There are overviews of each weapon type that you can watch here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHc2Wj95htvMxZR7dvgYwevupNBy9imiu

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the Legiana fight was so good. Chasing it all the way to its nest at the peak and jumping all the way back down to finish it off. It jumped me as soon as I entered the area for the first time and I'd usually run as I was en route to something but i thought fuck it... and glad I did, that was the most fun fight so far.

I love how dynamic these environments feel.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Announcement of announcement time!

"Tune into the Monster Hunter Spring Update straight from the development team on May 9 / May 10. Twitch.tv/MonsterHunter"

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Started this a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying myself. The game is right up my alley and I'm punching myself for not playing it sooner.
As someone who likes going for the platinum in games I really like I've got a question about the mini/giant crowns.
I've read that those can be a huge pain in the ass to obtain.
Is it really that bad? And if so, do you have any tips to speed up the process? I don't mind grinding, but I hate rng based stuff 😬

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Is it really that bad? And if so, do you have any tips to speed up the process? I don't mind grinding, but I hate rng based stuff
I'm at the 700 hour point and I'm still missing two big crowns because I don't like doing the same two monsters non-stop and the tactic of starting a mission and abandoning immediately if the monster doesn't look like it's big enough (the only tip I've seen to speed up the process) does not appeal to me.
For most monsters there's either special quests with guaranteed crowns or quests that give a higher chance of crowns. However, the two crowns I'm missing don't have those quests and are a pain in the ass to get.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm at the 700 hour point and I'm still missing two big crowns because I don't like doing the same two monsters non-stop and the tactic of starting a mission and abandoning immediately if the monster doesn't look like it's big enough (the only tip I've seen to speed up the process) does not appeal to me.
For most monsters there's either special quests with guaranteed crowns or quests that give a higher chance of crowns. However, the two crowns I'm missing don't have those quests and are a pain in the ass to get.

Oof, that's rough 😅
So a couple of them are luck based?
And what are the quests I have to look out for? Any particular event quests?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Why did Steam just advertise The Witcher X MHW event to me? I thought that was a limited time event that has been and gone?

EDIT: oh, its back apparently! Now I probably can't do it as I'm still low level...

Last edited:

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Oh shit.

How far is PC usually behind consoles with this game then? Is this a thing that happens all the time here?
When they released PC, they said they would do an accelerated event schedule but it's still behind 9 months later. After this Witcher event + the followup event 1 week later, they will be at parity. We don't know if they will release AT nergi on PC at the same time as console yet though, so they may not have parity for long.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When they released PC, they said they would do an accelerated event schedule but it's still behind 9 months later. After this Witcher event + the followup event 1 week later, they will be at parity. We don't know if they will release AT nergi on PC at the same time as console yet though, so they may not have parity for long.

Ugh. Both games I'm playing atm have this lag (MK11 is the other). Really hope they're going to keep it level from here.

Thanks for the info.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
We don't know if they will release AT nergi on PC at the same time as console yet though, so they may not have parity for long.

It'll be together - the patch that PC got includes AT Nerg. There are already some people who have hacked it and played it. Mistake on Capcom's part, they may patch it out quickly because from those internal files, it looks like the release date was supposed to be in a few weeks. Regardless, we'll find out the official plans in a few hours during the livestream.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
It'll be together - the patch that PC got includes AT Nerg. There are already some people who have hacked it and played it. Mistake on Capcom's part, they may patch it out quickly because from those internal files, it looks like the release date was supposed to be in a few weeks. Regardless, we'll find out the official plans in a few hours during the livestream.
Still possible that console gets it a couple weeks earlier though. AT nergi has technically been playable on PC for months now, but there were changes to it in the recent patch.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So the Rotten Vale is officially creeping me out, lol.

I have a phobia of moths, I'm assuming there's some kind of moth creature in this game right? As long as it's not too creepy I should be okay... is there one?

It doesn't really matter at this point since it's almost caught up. You've got plenty of content to keep you busy for hundreds of hours.
Yeh, but I'll devour it pretty quick if I build momentum :p

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
A note about the trophies for crown sizes:

You don't need to get large and small crowns for any of the monsters released after the launch of the game. Only Lunastra and Deviljho can give you crowns out of the post-launch monsters, but it's still nice that their crowns are 100% optional.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Is it safe to assume the PC version of MHW is pretty good (at least by now)? Looks like it's maintaining a really strong playerbase. I'm super tempted to grab it as soon as I have time to dig into a grindy game.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
AT Nergi is alright. You'd think the amount of HP would be a problem, but with both rocks and a free turf war it actually doesn't take that long. That new move is tough to deal with if Temporal isn't active.

A decent end to vanilla World.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Just beat AT Nerg solo on my 3rd attempt, took 30 minutes, I used a hammer. Great fight, didn't feel bullshit at all unlike some of the other AT fights. Nergigante is my favorite monster so it's nice to actually fight him again and not steam roll him in 5 minutes like I do his tempered version. His new armor set seems kinda...meh though?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Is it safe to assume the PC version of MHW is pretty good (at least by now)? Looks like it's maintaining a really strong playerbase. I'm super tempted to grab it as soon as I have time to dig into a grindy game.
Only real problem with it is being behind on content and only content it's missing now is AT Nergigante which just launched today on consoles. Can't go wrong with it if you're fine with waiting about 3 more months for Iceborne expansion.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Went back to PS4 after months on PC and its way rougher than I remember. Anyway AT nerg isn't fucking around, standard melee hitting me for 90% of my HP as a gunner. All dives = 1 shot, feels like grank.

Doomshroom

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So........................How do i get back into this game after not playing for a year? I finished the game and i was farming elder dragons but i dont remeber anything and i dont wanna jump in and get carted all the time. Plan is to get ready for Iceborn (i also miss the game)

should i just make a new character and if i do can i transfer items/mods/skin whatever between them?
What has changed in the last year? what should i focus on (im a Hammer main)?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So........................How do i get back into this game after not playing for a year? I finished the game and i was farming elder dragons but i dont remeber anything and i dont wanna jump in and get carted all the time. Plan is to get ready for Iceborn (i also miss the game)

should i just make a new character and if i do can i transfer items/mods/skin whatever between them?
As far as I know is no way to transfer items. You'd be starting entirely from scratch.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is about World, but it's just not fun playing alone, and on top of that my sos signals never get answered.
All I ever did was play 3 alone and had tons of fun.

Holygriever

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So, I've been getting that infamous stuttering that has been plaguing some RE2 players... on PC. Did anyone else get this?

Edit: folks at Discord said it's likely CPU bottlenecking. God dammit.

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017

My recommendation is to do some low rank quests at first with your regular character to get acclimated. It's useful to farm for monster materials you might lack for certain weapons in the hammer tree. In one or two days you'll be back in business and without the need to needlessly grind again for stuff you've already done.
Once you are in form again, just play some high rank.

I don't know what it is about World, but it's just not fun playing alone, and on top of that my sos signals never get answered.
All I ever did was play 3 alone and had tons of fun.
What rank are the quests you are doing? Is it low rank? The game has been out for so long that the amount of people at any time doing low rank quests is comparatively low. Most of the population that is still playing is doing quests for the highest ranks.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My recommendation is to do some low rank quests at first with your regular character to get acclimated. It's useful to farm for monster materials you might lack for certain weapons in the hammer tree. In one or two days you'll be back in business and without the need to needlessly grind again for stuff you've already done.
Once you are in form again, just play some high rank.

What rank are the quests you are doing? Is it low rank? The game has been out for so long that the amount of people at any time doing low rank quests is comparatively low. Most of the population that is still playing is doing quests for the highest ranks.
I think hr9
No idea how far along that is, first time touching it in 6 months

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I think hr9
No idea how far along that is, first time touching it in 6 months
Any missions with blue stars will get you low responses to your SOS signals because once one is doing orange star quest the default filter for searching excludes blue ones.
If you are on PS4 I'm always willing to help other people by using a Hunting Horn. I'm not too much of a fan of people with endgame equipment steamrolling quests and not letting beginners contribute to the quest.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Tips for dealing with Nergi's new move?

It comes out so stupid fast that if I don't have Temporal active all I can do is block and it just chews through my stamina when I do.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
he's swatting everyone like flies. I'm only going in as a support role and even that is really challenging trying to keep everyone buffed and healed but when it comes to that one slam dunk .....

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Quick heads up that if you want the Ryu layered armor from AT Nerg, you need one SFV THREE ticket. That can be obtained from the The Awakened Satsui No Halo challenge quest (where you fight, you guessed it, Nerg).

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Ryu's SFV model looks awful when it's in any game that isn't SFV, so I might just not even bother with it.

Putting him next to normal human characters makes you realize that if he bothered to wear shoes they'd be a size 35 and it looks super fucked outside of SF.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Got Arch tempered Nerg down to his final phase with both horns broken before I caused my group to cart out..

*angrily screams into a pillow*

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Why are the Steam reviews mixed for the game? Just curious. Played on PS4 and was curious to jump on the Steam copy.

How is server quality on the PC servers?

Edit: Got my question answered

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the best high tier armor with earplugs you guys would recommend?

I love my Vaal gamma set (saves on potions) but I am so fucking sick of roars at this point after about 300 hours..