• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Turf war RNG is one of the more frustrating things about this quest. You shouldn't have to lose out on 2.6k free damage just because he was preoccupied the moment kushala or teo comes in. The triggers for turf wars are too finicky and I hope they address that in iceborne to make things more consistent.
I haven't had turf war issues before with the other AT, but man this one is weird. First time Kushala came down and Nerg didn't care at all and then they both just wanted to murder me.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
For all the complaints I have about ATKT, when you get a good team together and beat her before P4, it feels really good.

I just wish I could do that and not get rewarded with three Kjarr Hunting Horns that I already have.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through the Witcher content on PC, did it once with the default sword okay. Tried it again with the "do all sidequest" options, and it takes a long time. I was in that cramped area for the final battle that time and got stunlocked in a corner and died, but I would have run out of time.

I tried using a hunting horn for the first time to help heal the pukei-pukei, but it was too slow and awkward for everything else.

Anyone have any tips?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Finally managed to get my second clear of AT Nerg.

Took a chance on some pubs again and miraculously, we made it through. Can even look past the fact that the long sword guy kept trying to attack the head whenever I was going at it with my hammer.

Hunting Horn guy was the MVP. That damn weapon saves lives.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Not a huge fan of LS against AT Nerg. Foresight is amazing as usual but there's barely any openings for Helmbreakers so it gets a little boring just doing Spirit Slashes.

CB is good against him in multiplayer but solo, it's hard to find SAED openings as well.

Lance da best.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I hear that SnS is good for AT Nerg between the iframes on the backhop and the dumb damage on the falling shield bash. And you can sorta nip at his heels when you aren't feeling comfortable.

Too bad I have no real love for it now that Oils are gone. Fingers crossed for Iceborne.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
LS so far is the most consistent and fastest melee weapon against him. True about the not many helmbreaker openings, but in phase 2 there's not many long openings whatsoever for any weapons due to the new attack. The main advantage is high dps uptime, and it has the easiest and most efficient way to deal with the new attack. Hammer has the most potential just due to the insanely high blunt hitzones he has. CB solo is really rough yeah. Nothing is safe in the last phase except sword attacks. Basically have to chain trips with SAED as he gets up to have any hope at killing it quickly.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like Lance does better than LS against him. Easier access to weak points, Guard 3 lets you just block everything without issue, guard dashing lets you stay on his ass nearly the whole time., etc. LS is definitely not a bad choice though.

Surprisingly I'm having alot of trouble with GS against him.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on GL for Nergi? It's got a lot of the same benefits as lance (a bunch of attacks that don't leave you open, assuming you aren't playing slap-lance), and if you use a shelling heavy build you can worry less about losing damage on black spikes.

Long GL is especially tempting to me just because the only DPS skills you need are Artillery 3/Capacity Up/Focus 3, and then after that you can put in every single QoL defensive skill that you can think of. Obviously won't set any records but it sounds beyond comfy to play.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, as a total noob with only 20% trophies, I randomly decided to get back into this game and actually preordered Iceborne Deluxe to not be left out come September...oh man there will be BL3 too. Dammmmn. Anyway...I remember quitting the game at the Pink Rathalos.

Is it still possible for a total idiot at this game, to jump back in? I also haven't played online once. Isn't there a way to like summon people to body the monsters you can't beat or something? Serious question here. I remember that little about the game. Are people even still playing this thing? On a scale of 1 to 10, how screwed am I out of the online trophies?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Is it still possible for a total idiot at this game, to jump back in? I also haven't played online once. Isn't there a way to like summon people to body the monsters you can't beat or something? Serious question here. I remember that little about the game. Are people even still playing this thing? On a scale of 1 to 10, how screwed am I out of the online trophies?
It's always possible to jump back in. If you don't remember the controls just start with easier quests and use them to get some materials you might need down the line if you want a weapon in another branch of your preferred tree.
Yo can fire SOS signals to play with others. However, low-rank is not too populated nowadays so it's entirely possible that your SOS goes unanswered. There's plenty of people playing high-rank (what starts after Pink Rathian).
The few online trophies the game has are super easy except maybe the guild card one. The really annoying trophies are the ones for size crowns and those do not depend on online play.
I'm always willing to help people on PSN by playing hunting horn, although for some reason they rarely take the offer.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll PM you my PSN. This way you can come and try to help me with whatever that hunting horn does.

PS. For some reason I can platinum RE2 and finish DMC5 on DMD mode (staying with Capgod games for reference) but I always blew ass at Monster Hunter. I love the game but suck at it, tremendously.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I'll PM you my PSN. This way you can come and try to help me with whatever that hunting horn does.
The Hunting Horn is for buffing the hunters with various perks. Besides, I also run a healer build with it.
I dislike players with end-game gear steamrolling quests for newer players because they get the feeling they didn't contribute anything but I think playing a support role even with good gear works well without being obnoxious.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take any kind of help I can get really. I want to be ready for Iceborne. It sounds like it's going to be meaty as hell. Lordy me, now I have Monster Hunter World to play some more. DQ11 to start, The Sims 4 games going...stretching meself!

But I can do it!

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
If you are eyeing the platinum, I regret to inform you it's a time-sink. I'm over 700 hours and I'm still missing one last trophy for big crowns with over 80 Black Diablos killed but still no luck with the RNG.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I got my eye on that. But hearing that it's a time sink is....comforting. I got several tattoo appointments lined up (one tomorrow even) so I'm gonna be in the red (kinda) for a bit so, I'll be playing very few new games for a while. I mean I have MHW and DQ11, and of course MK11 (which I already platinumed) to hold me until September. The more time I have to spend on a game, the better.

Plus I'm like stupidly in love with Sims 4. So there's that too.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I think I'm just unlucky with crowns, specially the 'blos kind.
This is from the PSP era, the one with 121 Monoblos kills and no small crown is mine, the one with a small crown for it after two kills is from my friend. :(

DUIc4AnWkAEDjKr.jpg

DUIc5lgWkAEScgx.jpg

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If you are eyeing the platinum, I regret to inform you it's a time-sink. I'm over 700 hours and I'm still missing one last trophy for big crowns with over 80 Black Diablos killed but still no luck with the RNG.
I got the Platinum in something like 250 hours.

If you don't want to lose your mind, you're gonna have to crown snipe. It's the only way.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017

If you don't want to lose your mind, you're gonna have to crown snipe. It's the only way.
I know it's quite feasible to platinum in the 100-200 hour range as long as one does the sniping for non guaranteed crowns.
I believe Capcom should release two new events, one for Black Diablos and one for Kirin. If they did the multi-monster quests with higher crown rates for most of the others, I cannot understand why they left out these two.
However, I find the whole crown sniping mechanic really boring and I try to integrate the search for crowns into the daily/weekly bounties.
As long as I enjoy the hunts themselves that's fine. A couple of hunts are a nice way to decompress after work.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Finally defeated Arch Nerg. Took me damn 20 mins and a part of me feels really bad I had to pull out the Tank Glutton to do it. I do wish I was better at this game, sometimes I see those 5 min runs and wonder how I'm hitting a wall so much.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

I think I have all but 4 at 230 hours or so without really trying too much. Had I not avoided multiplayer I'd be good to go really soon. But.. I did so I'm sure I'm nowhere near 100.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Psh, got almost 100 black blos with no gold crowns.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is their a physical edition of Iceborne in UK?

Capcom can F off with their £35/£41 digital edition. I paid that for the main game physical day 1. Where our discount like US gets ($60 main>$40 DLC).

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
man fuck Nergi and his Fierce Punch(swipe) that ignores all mantles, hits for half your health bar, and happens to be his quickest move.
on a run with a guaranteed win, he somehow swipes at me while im in the temporal mantle. it doesn't evade. then he does another swipe. then one more. all of them direct hits. absolute bullshit.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, stuck for months on the Pink Rathian. One SOS and 3 Japanese players popped and destroyed the fuck out of it.
Now what to do about that guild card trophy?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal to not get Guild Cards from anyone? I've sent mine like 50 times already. :( Glitch?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This late in the game? Fuck if I know.

Best guess would be to find a bunch of people on Discord that'll help you out, because I can't see randoms doing it. I still give out my card in KT lobbies and I'll maybe get 1 card back per 50 people.
?
Damn I'm screwed out of this trophy huh? Is there a ERA MH DIscord? Not that anyone would bother T_T. FML. This is what I get for waiting months lol.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I guess you could literally go into a full lobby and beg for guild cards if you have no shame. But I'm not even sure that would work.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sucks knowing I'll never get that trophy to be honest. Bit of a killjoy even. Starting to regret that Iceborne pre-order already lol.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
?
Damn I'm screwed out of this trophy huh? Is there a ERA MH DIscord? Not that anyone would bother T_T. FML. This is what I get for waiting months lol.

I started playing two weeks ago and already got that trophy.
At the beginning of every play session I would send my card to every player in the lobby and usually got one or two in return. It wasn't much of a hassle, it just takes a while.
According to a trophy guide it even doesn't have to be 50 unique cards, so you can get multiple from one person.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, what the fuck was I thinking playing solo for 70 hours? No wonder I quit.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
?

there is a MH Era Discord but i forget who runs it and they are stingy on invites

Ill point to this thread and see if we can get the recruitment ball rolling again since I ALSO need that trophy!

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
That happened on my 5th kill.
It could be I'm not sure in which kill it happened. All I know is that I'm only missing one right now, layered Ryu included so I've killed 6 so far.
Is it normal to not get Guild Cards from anyone? I've sent mine like 50 times already. :( Glitch?
As it has been said, it is a courtesy thing and you are counting on randoms. Do the "send to all" in every lobby you enter and one or two of the 16 people there might send back. I know I do. It just takes a bit of time but if you make it a habit, the trophy comes with no effort, just a bit of patience.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah at this point, the only way to get that trophy is to find someone else crazy enough to trade 50 invites with. You can delete and resend the same invite 50 times. If anyone wants to grind this sucker out, PM me.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got this game from the GMG sale, can you guys give me a few tips and introduction for beginners?

It's kinda very confusing how you actually do stuff, Quests, Expeditions, more Quests... And I got a ton of items and stuff I don't really know what to do with them and which are important or not...

I really love the atmosphere and the gameplay when you're out and about but otherwise I'm pretty much lost lol... It's too much stuff, especially the menus for items and such. >.<

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll literally begging at this point, but if there's anyone patient who wants to help me knock out this stupid guild card trophy on PS4, PM me.

We'd just need to set-up an online game and continually send and delete the cards, 50 times and get this shit over with. The other trophies being grindy, I don't care. But this one I feel I need to get out of the way ASAP. It's an OCD thing.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game may be broken or I'm doing something wrong. Posted a quest, no one joins... 50 000 people playing on Steam, it can't be there aren't any other low levels lol...

Are servers region locked for this game?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Having a shit day, desperately needed a win and wiped to AT Nerg at the 39 minute mark in the final phase.

My soul has left my body. Just flew up into the air like Pooh Bear.

This game is a great stress invigorator. If you need it, play this event.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to get the Ryu layered set because fuck it. God, it looks so terrible.

All I need now are the layered shades (because they need summer tickets for some godforsaken reason) and I'll officially be done with World.

This game may be broken or I'm doing something wrong. Posted a quest, no one joins... 50 000 people playing on Steam, it can't be there aren't any other low levels lol...

Are servers region locked for this game?
How early in the game are you?

Because if it's super early, then yeah, you might not find many other people playing at that level. Once you reach a point in the game, there's literally no reason to go back and do early quests except to clown on easy monsters.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
All I know is I think I'm done soloing Arch Nerg at this point. Its too much.

Even when I lose in a group, at least its not nearly as stressful or drawn out.