• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
One flash brings a monster down, what good is using a cluster of them?
For arch tempered monsters that are only affected by flashes a limited number of times, maybe itll still be effective (or it wont be a clusterable ammo more than likely). The normal ammos (stone, fire, bomb, pierce etc) would have a definite stronger effect from a cluster.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone focusing on the slinger stuff that SnS gets?

The real buffs look like the just-frame moves and Clutch Claw combos.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Charge Blade getting more non-SAED uses for axe is exactly what I want. Hell yeah.

also, kageroo, re: you talking about restocking items being a pain—are you using the auto restock?

Yeah, but there is no auto restock if you don't have the materials, I feel I need way too many defensive items but I otherwise pretty much every "big" monsters easily one shots me.

Money is also an issue I just tried to max out the eye patch, nope, level 3 only, now I can't even afford food, again...

So yeah the only way out of this is not to get hit as much I guess lol.

Or some magic charms or something ?

Btw it's not as bad as it sounds but the restocking, melding, harvesting... takes sometimes longer than the quest itself lol.
I really need to look into the gems - but not sure I can only put 1 on my sword and that's it?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw it's not as bad as it sounds but the restocking, melding, harvesting... takes sometimes longer than the quest itself lol.
I really need to look into the gems - but not sure I can only put 1 on my sword and that's it?

Different weapons allow different amounts/levels of gems. You can later upgrade them to add another gem slot, or do other things.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but there is no auto restock if you don't have the materials, I feel I need way too many defensive items but I otherwise pretty much every "big" monsters easily one shots me.

Get better armour and take more time to get used to the monsters before you fight them. Monster Hunter is about watching, finding openings and knowing when not to attack as much as when to attack.

Money is also an issue I just tried to max out the eye patch, nope, level 3 only, now I can't even afford food, again...

Get the Bandit Mantle from the 5* quest "Redefining the Power Couple". It'll make monsters drop loot items as you hit them, which you can then sell for easy money.

Check out the beta armour. The alpha is good at the start of high rank when you don't have many decorations, but you'll want to switch to beta pieces when you get decos you like because then you can gem in a whole bunch of useful skills.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thanks for the tips everyone!

And again bad luck with people joining haha... Vaal hazak, level 14s...

I had a lot more luck with this when I was lower level...
Umm, I guess need to start save scumming, all my nice items gone again. :/

I'm like, I'm not gonna waste my stuff on these players they'll cart anyway, and then I still do it! Lol -__-

EDIT: oh the eye patch has a slot! Crisis jewel sounds good!? I mean this is definitely a crisis....of sort :>

I'll be hunting vaal hazak for a while because I want the armor! Or Def lock jewel sounds good too?

I have:

Footing 2
KO 2
Pep 1
Def Lock 1
Fire res 1
Water res 1
Ice res 1
Thunder res 1
Fortitude 1
Geology 1
Intimidator 1
Crisis 1
Attack 1

Got the patch to 4, 1000 zennies left... lol

Last edited:

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Icebourne seems so ambitious, I hope we get another DLC like this before they move onto world 2. there is so much they could do with this game.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Man

All of these weapon changes and new tools are hype as hell

I was trying to pry myself away from my main weapons but then they showed the bow changes!! AWWWW. Im still gonna try and mix it up though

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Multiplayer is poverty. You have to share the reward money among 4 people and every faint robs you of one third of the reward. Worst case scenario (2 faints) means that you get only 1/12 of the reward money you would get doing the same quest solo.

Glaive and bow today.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer is poverty
Yeah, I have to... grind... (gasp) a bit in-between, I noticed some really easy stuff gives rather good rewards, like slay 10 vesperoids and so on...and I get to collect stuff to make potions etc
And it's not really grinding (yet) because those aren't necessarily repeats, and the monsters and stuff I encounter seem to change too as I progress...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Far and away the best source of money is to sell parts you're sure you won't need. you'll wind up with huge surpluses of stuff and can easily make 1,000,000+ zenny by selling a lot of it off without whatsoever compromising your ability to craft stuff

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have to... grind... (gasp) a bit in-between, I noticed some really easy stuff gives rather good rewards, like slay 10 vesperoids and so on...and I get to collect stuff to make potions etc
And it's not really grinding (yet) because those aren't necessarily repeats, and the monsters and stuff I encounter seem to change too as I progress...
The best early game zenny grind for me was the "Kill 10 Hornetaurs" investigation. It nets you 3-4k gold per run, takes very little time (there's about 6 practically next to the Rotten Vale camp and they respawn in seconds), and can be run over and over with little loading time if you don't leave the area.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Really, Bandit Mantle + Dual Blades is the best way to make money in the early game.

Just go ham on something like LR Great Jagras and you'll be swimming in Zenny.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best early game zenny grind for me was the "Kill 10 Hornetaurs" investigation. It nets you 3-4k gold per run, takes very little time (there's about 6 practically next to the Rotten Vale camp and they respawn in seconds), and can be run over and over with little loading time if you don't leave the area.
Yep, that one seems good, I also like the little red guys, gaja? ku-something...

Now my sword is upgraded I can actually take them on, haha!

the small monster stuff is fine for zenny but so miserably boring, to me
It's incredibly funny to me, and I'm really still learning.
Also just going on expedition and see what happens is fun and you learn the monster's spots etc.

Really, Bandit Mantle + Dual Blades is the best way to make money in the early game.

Just go ham on something like LR Great Jagras and you'll be swimming in Zenny.
Yeah, whoops, I still need to try the mantle... will do that now.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Someone at Capcom fucked up and posted the LBG and HBG teasers early.

No VO. HBG gets a scope for FPS mode, and LBG gets some sort of new explosive attack (looks like they shoot out a mine?)

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Another day of no success looking for Ancient Leshen hunts in SOS.

Is nobody doing this quest anymore? I still don't have mutagen and it's impossible to try it solo.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
A5vOXTX.gif

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The official Tweets of the videos DrArchon already posted.
More mod slots for master rank bowguns.
There's gonna end up being some Master Rank equivalent of the Glutton, except it'll be able to run even more close range mods and it'll just break the game even more.

Also, "scope = bonus damage for being super far away" seems like a bad idea. Either it won't be any good and no one will use it or it'll be so good that you'll constantly see teammates standing a football field away from the monster and making life a living hell for their melee teammates when they draw aggro.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So for effluvial resistance is there a charme or anything or is it only armor parts like hornetaur and vaal hazak?
Any gems I could use?

Problem is I don't want the vaal alpha gear which has effluvial resistance build in, but it may just be the best option?

I switched back to the Odogaron helmet, maybe the eyepatch works for that too?

I know, lots of questions, but my googlefu isn't really coming up with much... :/

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So for effluvial resistance is there a charme or anything or is it only armor parts like hornetaur and vaal hazak?
Any gems I could use?

Problem is I don't want the vaal alpha gear which has effluvial resistance build in, but it may just be the best option?

You can gem it in with Miasma Jewels or charm it with a Miasma Charm.

Keep in mind this just stops the effluvia from eventually cutting your HP in half.
You'll need Effluvia Expert to stop the tick damage, and that (annoyingly) doesn't have a decoration. If you want this you'll either need Hornetaur/Girros armour or a Clearmind Charm.

I switched back to the Odogaron helmet, maybe the eyepatch works for that too?

The Odo helm has a single level 3 slot as opposed to the Dragonking Eyepatch, which has a level one slot.

Miasma Jewels are level 1, though, and neither headpiece has built-in effluvia resistance, so in this case either one does the job.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So basically clearmind charm + miasma gem would be ideal (for example)?

Thanks!

Switched to the Ore tree that seems a lot better for the monsters I'm fighting than the Tzi tree, it also has two slots!

Well, I'm getting the hang of it slowly, but I just need better armor parts and stuff, I'm still using 3/4 Bones alpha maxed out in my build, that can't be good... lol

Oct 29, 2017
Philadelphia
All of these weapon updates look pretty damn cool. I primarily played the game as a bow user and that new shot and the clutch claw stuff looks awesome. Though I would definitely love to get into using a melee weapon but I'm not even sure which one to even consider touching at this point. Any recommendations?

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aww man, Odogaron in 15 minutes we almost made it ...!
That was a good fight even we lost...

Ok here's the plan, upgrade my weapon to nergal reaver (lv7) get all the Odogaron beta armor, the clearmind charm, slot in miasma jewel whenever I get it and, the Vaal pieces whenever I can afford them / have the mats...

Easy lol 😂

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

Ahh that's why I never lacked zenny. I did everything solo. Keep in mind thst the game scales monster HP up for multiplayer, so if you aren't getting good teammates you are disadvantage for both difficulty and rewards.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ahh that's why I never lacked zenny. I did everything solo. Keep in mind thst the game scales monster HP up for multiplayer, so if you aren't getting good teammates you are disadvantage for both difficulty and rewards.
Yeah, well lol this is all new to me, I didn't even scratch the bigger monsters at first so I kinda relied on multi-player, I'm getting the hang of it really, I know I can take on most of the bigger ones alone now - it's just faster in multi-player and, kinda more fun too.

I also figured out not to take too many items with me, so I don't keep running out lol...

I'm still having slight issues with Vaal Hazak, he seems to be the toughest dragon (imo so far) besides beetle juice, those two are the noob slayers haha 😁

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So now the question is

Iron Gospel II (which is the tree I'm currently on and think it feels pretty great)
Nergal Reaver
Imperial Shimmer
Xeno Cypher

They all seem so different and damage wildly differs, so it's a bit confusing and hard to decide.

Or should I just strictly go for the best? (whatever those are)

Edit: so I have everything I need for Xeno, I just need to give it to Teostra a couple of times (lol) Is that a good weapon? I mean it should be!?

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just carried some level 50 dudes lol... I don't think they had survived without me...

Honestly, I think imperial shimmer looks good, I think I've seen a few high level player using it, it's pretty great, "explosions" 💥

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Given where you are in the game, I cannot recommend the Nergigante LS enough.
  • It's got a ton of blue sharpness, so you rarely sharpen when the monster is in the same room as you.
  • Really high raw for that point in the game, and doesn't have to rely on specific skills like Non-Elemental Boost.
  • It has positive affinity, which is always nice.
  • High Elderseal is a great bonus for fighting Elders.
Really, until you reach the end-endgame grind, the Nergigante weapons are all solid picks.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to feel the grind weigh on me at this point...

Trying to finish the weapon collection before Iceborne drops and I need more Vaal Fangs, and horns from the Teostra and Lunastra to finally get there. That and I need to get the crowns for Teostra, Lunastra and Kushala Daora too.

94 Days left and counting... Honestly have no idea how to grind for the crowns at this point since I feel like the only way to get a chance would be to get investigations, and then have a hope and a prayer...

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to feel the grind weigh on me at this point...

Trying to finish the weapon collection before Iceborne drops and I need more Vaal Fangs, and horns from the Teostra and Lunastra to finally get there. That and I need to get the crowns for Teostra, Lunastra and Kushala Daora too.

94 Days left and counting... Honestly have no idea how to grind for the crowns at this point since I feel like the only way to get a chance would be to get investigations, and then have a hope and a prayer...

I wouldn't sweat it unless you really want those trophies

They are more something to do or chase for those who love the game and still play past the end but MH has never been about persistence past enjoyment

I pretty much close out my runs once ive beaten every monster And the final bosses and then wait for the next expansion/entry

If i complete these crowns and trophies along the way than awesome and some people just pull it off naturally because they enjoy taking friends through hunts so much!

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So I'm catching up with the game, finished Zorah's storyline a couple of days ago and finally did my first online hunts ever.

I'm curious, the way you engage in online is throught joining posted quests? most of the time there are only a few and they're mostly too underleveled or overleveled (can't join them), but it's fun and I join in between my own quests.

I guess this is why people complained about the online aspect of the game, I was expecting something more "modern" in which you select what you wanna do and the game looks it for you but so far it seems you're locked on a 16 people server or something.