• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the time I joined a room where everyone agreed to 'take turn' with Dalamadur Urgent. Only for all of them to leave once it's my turn.

Then someone joins the room and said that we can duo it, and he is super confident about it too. Only for that person to get carted 1 minutes into the hunt and then quit the quest immediately. Somehow managed to finish the hunt alone with like 10 seconds or so left on the timer.

It was simultanously my worst and best memories of MH4U.

---------------

Khezu/Gigginox is happening, isn't it ?

Khezu would be my guess. That opens the door for Kut Ku, Gypceros, and Garuga as well

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

Survey for Iceborne. Whatever you tell them isn't going to change much, but here's everyone's chance to try and convince Capcom to get rid of the cutscene bullshit in Monster Hunter 6.

(And maybe give us classic weapon models too).

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Khezu would be my guess. That opens the door for Kut Ku, Gypceros, and Garuga as well
They said in their new video that they did not see khezu and they wouldn't be revealing any other monsters through their month of coverage 😒

Survey for Iceborne. Whatever you tell them isn't going to change much, but here's everyone's chance to try and convince Capcom to get rid of the cutscene bullshit in Monster Hunter 6.

(And maybe give us classic weapon models too).

I did this survey and I was pretty much all about more monsters, particularly endgame ones, lol.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I spammed "No monster-part-glued-on-iron/bone weapon design pls, bring back the second/third/fourth generation era design" on the survey.

Also TIL that GenU/XX director directed Iceborne.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
They really need to give transmog option to PS4 hell i'd pay 20 bucks extra or some shit to be able to mog. 80% of all armors look like open ass on a copy machine on female characters. Either it's some anime school girl dress or skirt, or it's just shit that look like it was thrown together.

Will move to PC as soon as Iceborn has a proper date, still 100 plus hours invested so far on PS4 and i'd like to be able to change up my looks.

As a bow user being locked to using rath chest plus head because of how fucking good critical element is doesn't help either. CapCom really need to fix that

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd really like to have some kind of transmog thing.

I don't really think that will happen since they have the layered armor thing, but I would be happy if they just make event quests for a layered armor for all armor sets. There's not nearly enough layered armor sets right now.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Layered armor forces you to use the 'whole look' of the set though no? Guess that could be okay, but i don't see why they wouldn't just allow mix and matching. I mean they seem to care none about the fact that people are doing this already with mods to the PC version (as in they are doing nothing to try and stop it)

For instance, i love the (a) head for the Deviljho set and same goes for the head of the Dodogama set (both are abso GARBAGE though to use)

And like the Brigade layered set?

Male looks AMAZING, Female looks like some shit that has zero to do with a character that is supposed to be a fucking hunter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Layered armor forces you to use the 'whole look' of the set though no? Guess that could be okay, but i don't see why they wouldn't just allow mix and matching. I mean they seem to care none about the fact that people are doing this already with mods to the PC version (as in they are doing nothing to try and stop it)

For instance, i love the (a) head for the Deviljho set and same goes for the head of the Dodogama set (both are abso GARBAGE though to use)

And like the Brigade layered set?

Male looks AMAZING, Female looks like some shit that has zero to do with a character that is supposed to be a fucking hunter.

maxresdefault.jpg
We can pick individual pieces with Layered armor and mix them up.
I think the exception is with armor sets that are always a full set, like the crossover stuff with SF and the Witcher?
But I don't have many layered armor unlocked.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I'd really like to have some kind of transmog thing.

I don't really think that will happen since they have the layered armor thing, but I would be happy if they just make event quests for a layered armor for all armor sets. There's not nearly enough layered armor sets right now.
This is my only problem with this game, there's some really cool looking armor sets that I'd love to use (girros for example) but I can't because of their shitty stats/skills and the fact there's no option to use it as layered armor.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some do, but there's a relatively high % of the available layered armors that don't. Whole look is usually for collaborations like Ryu, Sakura, Aloy, Ciri, etc. Dante, however can be used as individual parts.

I've been using four pieces of Dante layered and the layered sunglasses so I look like an edgelord straight out of the Matrix

E4wF.gif

benj

Oct 27, 2017
being able to freely transmog on PC is suuuch a luxury, I really hope they never remove it. really does seem like it should be a fundamental feature of the game

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is my only problem with this game, there's some really cool looking armor sets that I'd love to use (girros for example) but I can't because of their shitty stats/skills and the fact there's no option to use it as layered armor.
Agreed. Meanwhile I have pretty much every single outfit modded, VH to death stench, etc...

I also really don't like the weapon design, it's like the base weapons are nice but fully upgraded it's just tacky, so I modded those too, only LS so far tho.

Funny enough the Kjarr LS kinda aren't supposed to be affected but have all the feathers and stuff missing and they look absolutely stunning without that tacked on stuff!

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noob question: can you get VH Y and Zorha Y get to work with LS?

It seems only very few pieces are really suited for LS (and a lot of other weapons) but I really like the look of both sets...

If not, bonus question, for what *are* they good for?

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Noob question: can you get VH Y and Zorha Y get to work with LS?

It seems only very few pieces are really suited for LS (and a lot of other weapons) but I really like the look of both sets...

I can't really speak for Zorah y but VH y is really good for health regen builds. Empress Ruin LS with health regen augment would go great with VH y and maybe some Drachen/Dante/Kaiser pieces mixed in for crit boosts.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Tryhard answer = not much.

Less tryhard answer = Vaal set is good for really tanky builds. Stuff like Lance and Gunlance with a ton of Guard where your whole gameplan is to just last longer than the monster. Super comfy to play, but don't expect to set any world records with it.

Zorah set isn't good as a full set because status isn't that great in this game and a bunch of the best status weapons come with Crit Status built in. Some of the individual pieces are super good though, like the waist.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't really speak for Zorah y but VH y is really good for health regen builds. Empress Ruin LS with health regen augment would go great with VH y and maybe some Drachen/Dante/Kaiser pieces mixed in for crit boosts.
Oh I see, thanks! Yeah, more health regen is what I could use with how much I go head on with these AT's :p

Tryhard answer = not much.

Less tryhard answer = Vaal set is good for really tanky builds. Stuff like Lance and Gunlance with a ton of Guard where your whole gameplan is to just last longer than the monster. Super comfy to play, but don't expect to set any world records with it.

Zorah set isn't good as a full set because status isn't that great in this game and a bunch of the best status weapons come with Crit Status built in. Some of the individual pieces are super good though, like the waist.
Ah, alright so definitely still worth getting I guess :o
Already got 11 tickets that should be enough.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can't really speak for Zorah y but VH y is really good for health regen builds. Empress Ruin LS with health regen augment would go great with VH y and maybe some Drachen/Dante/Kaiser pieces mixed in for crit boosts.
Err, ok looking at it more closely, I have no idea what I'm doing? It all looks kinda good to me (statswise) but that doesn't mean anything really. So what from the Drachen set should I be mixing in with the VH Y set for example?

(1 more VH ticket to go omg, this is so exciting - seriously! That dumb dragon is going dowwwwn lol)

EDIT: Is there anything else I need VH tickets for other than the armor?
Because I have 6 and I'm kinda done with him. (hopefully)

Last edited:

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Err, ok looking at it more closely, I have no idea what I'm doing? It all looks kinda good to me (statswise) but that doesn't mean anything really. So what from the Drachen set should I be mixing in with the VH Y set for example?

(1 more VH ticket to go omg, this is so exciting - seriously! That dumb dragon is going dowwwwn lol)

EDIT: Is there anything else I need VH tickets for other than the armor?
Because I have 6 and I'm kinda done with him. (hopefully)
You need 2 (or is it 3?) for the death stench layered armor.

Edit: Just remembered that your are on PC so probably have no use for that thing. :P

Last edited:

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
I beat AT Lunastra with this armor (without augmentations) so I'd say yes, yes it is.

I love that armor actually!
Wait... It seem like it was yesterday when you came to this board to ask things about low rank quests.

And now you defeated a Monster that I, having been playing the game for a year and a half, haven't been able to even scratch?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You need 2 (or is it 3?) for the death stench layered armor.

Edit: Just remembered that your are on PC so probably have no use for that thing. :P
Ya, but OCD is kickin in with those layered armors + the resource center message all the time...
Also I definitely need all the layered I can get as it means I don't have to juggle files around anymore (so much) I'm not using transmog, it's not a program I'd use, as it seems to negatively affect performance.

So...1 more to go :happyface:

He's not that bad honestly, Lunastra was worse.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait... It seem like it was yesterday when you came to this board to ask things about low rank quests.

It's been about a month and a half (a month when I beat Luna) :)

This is my usual set up, it may help you?
You have to stock up items (mega potions, mega bombs, mega armor... ) every time between phases, the astera jerky trick posted here earlier works wonders too!
DSC_2500edit.png

Defense defense defense...

It took me 45 minutes!!! to take her down when I had no one to help me (wasn't exactly fun lol)

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
They really need to give transmog option to PS4 hell i'd pay 20 bucks extra or some shit to be able to mog. 80% of all armors look like open ass on a copy machine on female characters. Either it's some anime school girl dress or skirt, or it's just shit that look like it was thrown together.

Will move to PC as soon as Iceborn has a proper date, still 100 plus hours invested so far on PS4 and i'd like to be able to change up my looks.

As a bow user being locked to using rath chest plus head because of how fucking good critical element is doesn't help either. CapCom really need to fix that
I don't know if this works with your build but Azure Starlord pieces also give the Rath set bonus. You can even use one of each piece, they don't have to match. Also I doubt we ever see transmorg on consoles due to the presence of layered armor, especially the ones they sell. Hopefully I'm wrong in the end though.
I've been using four pieces of Dante layered and the layered sunglasses so I look like an edgelord straight out of the Matrix

E4wF.gif
Haha I'm doing the same thing but using the diver waist so the jacket isn't a duster.

banter

Jan 12, 2018

E4wF.gif
Ha! I used to do this too. Now I have a hodgepodge mixup of sorts slightly resembling mortal kombat ninjas... except pink.
0EA6E3DD-CBBF-47FB-B472-364A65EF030A.jpeg

(sorry for the shotty off screen photo)

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
For the last few days I tried to kill Behemoth but every group either dies or the people quit. Just had a try with an lv. 131 ish Hunter that quit after another hunter died. It´s a bit frustrating, should I try the boss solo? Or maybe some of you are able to assist me (PC). Realy want to built the Drachen Set, that one did not exist when I last played on PS4.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
For the last few days I tried to kill Behemoth but every group either dies or the people quit. Just had a try with an lv. 131 ish Hunter that quit after another hunter died. It´s a bit frustrating, should I try the boss solo? Or maybe some of you are able to assist me (PC). Realy want to built the Drachen Set, that one did not exist when I last played on PS4.

Just solo farm the armor set. You don't need a kill.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

put plunderblade on your palico as well if you solo

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
EX?

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Ah, I see. thanks.

Nope, not the extreme version, just the regular Quest "He Taketh It with His Eyes" hunter rank 9. Never been able to finish that fight.

I played most of the game on ps4 and swiched to pc a few weeks ago so I don´t have any people i know to play with right now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You still need to break the claws and horns though and that shit is hard as hell to do on your own.
Yeah, true I tried to get shear claws *after* I already beat him... I think I got 1 in 10 tries or so... Then someone helped me and I suddenly was swimming in them shear claws lmao.

Point is you need to know how, which I do not. >.<

I mean he told me but it's too complicated I didn't really get it (something with "sleep bombs")

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
So this happened again where I got caught in Luna's supernova blast but remained unaffected... anyone know the exact science ? Couldn't have just been standing in the health booster ?

JvONeyy.gif

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Ah, is see. thanks.

Nope, not the extreme version, just the regular Quest "He Taketh It with His Eyes" hunter rank 9. Never been able to finish that fight.

I played most of the game on ps4 and swiched to pc a few weeks ago so I don´t have any guildcards or people i know to play with right now.
Yeah EX Behemoth is another thing entirely. If you just want the Drachen set the easiest method is to use a Partbreaker LBG build and return from quest after you break the horns/claws. Putting your Palico on Plunderblade will speed up this process. Getting the set (or at least 4/5ths of it) would conceivably make the quest easier to clear as well as it's one of the best in the game.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
People really expect to finish EX Behemoth in a team with no healers or a tank.

If you don't have near max affinity and Master's Touch, don't be the melee DPS. You're a waste of a team slot.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, at this point in my Monster Hunter career, I don't have what it takes to fight Extremoth.

I'll come back towards the end of Iceborne when everyone on the team has 900 defense and purple sharpness.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, at this point in my Monster Hunter career, I don't have what it takes to fight Extremoth.

I'll come back towards the end of Iceborne when everyone on the team has 900 defense and purple sharpness.

It's honestly not that bad if you have your jump timing down and your team has a tank and at least 1 person with Wide Range 5. A 4 man team with everyone trying to play DPS is likely going to fail unless everyone is ridiculously good. There's just a ton of people who are running stuff like Earplugs 5 and Defense Boost 7 with no offensive skills or Wide Range who aren't going to contribute anything to the team.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Defense boost 7??? Even I don't use this skill (cause everyone says it's trash)

Lol, am I the only one who can't stop doing these AT hunts? Not sure what I'm going to do with all those VH "tickets"?!

You really need a healer in this, at least on public hunts...

Did it with a friend a couple of times, he's so incredibly fast we don't need a healer. :p

BTW if anyone could point me to a VH Y "QoL / health regen" build (for LS) that would be nice...?

I tried but failed... went back to the trusty Drachen - this time without Divine Blessing. :o

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this happened again where I got caught in Luna's supernova blast but remained unaffected... anyone know the exact science ? Couldn't have just been standing in the health booster ?

JvONeyy.gif

It's because you're in the range of the health booster. I can see your health diminishing and replenishing rapidly.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Question: what armor is best for LS builds Teostra Y Drachen or maybe a mix? Also what augmentation should I go for?
I've been using IG almost exclusively since I started playing the game and I love it but I want to learn how to use LS before Iceborne comes out.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Question: what armor is best for LS builds Teostra Y Drachen or maybe a mix? Also what augmentation should I go for?
I've been using IG almost exclusively since I started playing the game and I love it but I want to learn how to use LS before Iceborne comes out.

This is all you need: https://imgur.com/a/FzCVmHQ

LS builds don't need any QoL other than Health Boost 3 and Mind's Eye for Behemoth, which all the meta sets can easily swap out for by dropping Peak Performance. Foresight Slash is your QoL since it's busted and makes you invincible to everything in the game.

I do run a healer/DPS build for Ancient Leshen and EX Behemoth though that uses Kaiser Y + Nerg Y Chest + Luna Legs Alpha.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
This is all you need: https://imgur.com/a/FzCVmHQ

LS builds don't need any QoL other than Health Boost 3 and Mind's Eye for Behemoth, which all the meta sets can easily swap out for by dropping Peak Performance. Foresight Slash is your QoL since it's busted and makes you invincible to everything in the game.

I do run a healer/DPS build for Ancient Leshen and EX Behemoth though that uses Kaiser Y + Nerg Y Chest + Luna Legs Alpha.
Thanks! I'm still missing some decos but I can make it work, (ridiculous that I only have one tenderizer gem after 250+ hours).