• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question: what armor is best for LS builds Teostra Y Drachen or maybe a mix? Also what augmentation should I go for?
I've been using IG almost exclusively since I started playing the game and I love it but I want to learn how to use LS before Iceborne comes out.
The 'best' is Drachen everything + Empress mail B, but you won't have much room for errors since health boost and co are not considered 'meta' (you basically don't have slots for that since the goal is 100% affinity for max damage)

Me? If I don't have at least 190 health I'm not happy so health boost is a must...

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
The 'best' is Drachen everything + Empress mail B, but you won't have much room for errors since health boost and co are not considered 'meta' (you basically don't have slots for that since the goal is 100% affinity for max damage)

Me? If I don't have at least 190 health I'm not happy so health boost is a must...
Lol, I think I'm gonna have to use a more defensive build until I get the timing for foresight slash too.

I'm used to just dashing away from danger with the IG so I'm getting hit way too much with the LS.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
Holy extremoth POS, I'm spamming megapots with wide5 like drinking gods nectar and people keep dying like monkeys, ffs I'm even dispelling blights and sing my horn like miley cyrus on an epileptic attack but still people cart like that's the only thing they know... I'm salty salty, might even try to solo it... :D

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I would just go with this until you get FS timing down: https://honeyhunterworld.com/mhwb/?...,57,0,0,5,96,96,96,0,0,57,90,0,5,0,0,26,0,0,2

Holy extremoth POS, I'm spamming megapots with wide5 like drinking gods nectar and people keep dying like monkeys, ffs I'm even dispelling blights and sing my horn like miley cyrus on an epileptic attack but still people cart like that's the only thing they know... I'm salty salty, might even try to solo it... :D

If your tank is good at holding emnity, you really should just be worrying about healing that person. The fight is so much easier like that since the rest of the team doesn't have to worry about meteors or Charybdis. I just assume any team that doesn't have a Glutton or Lance tank is going to fail.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
5to9r7S.gif

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
barioth_bow.jpg

barioth_hammerparts.jpg

Once again, the team didn't have to start completely fresh when designing the visual look for this new gear. The key is to find the distinctive elements from a particular monster and incorporate those elements into the gear so other players can immediately see it and think, "That came from a Barioth."

RIP.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
This is an immaculate gif (as always) but my broken brain is just screaming about how Nergigante isn't weak to fire and it's inefficient.

We knew this was coming.

Make sure you all fill out that survey to let Capcom know that we don't like this.

The bow is okay, I thought the whole 'monster-part-tacked-on-iron/bone" didn't hit ranged weapon as hard as the melee one.

But man that hammer suck so hard, at the very least glue the monster part to the 'offensive' part of the hammer (like Swax's axehead).

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AT should be standard difficulty.
Some of the purple level 50 investigations are tough (rng?) like that Teostra one where he pretty much 1 shot everyone haha, but most of them are quite bland, even if it's only 2 players (which would supposedly be harder)

So basically kind of like with the weapon design, this team has also issues with balancing, I don't see why if you're at a certain level difficulty has to vary so much and there are always (?) only 2 AT hunts available... why not 10?

(Zorah is a joke btw)

Last edited:

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
This is an immaculate gif (as always) but my broken brain is just screaming about how Nergigante isn't weak to fire and it's inefficient.
Someone else commented on the same thing, that is the normal Negigante though so at this point he's not a challenge or anything, still fun to fight but my stats don't really matter much, I just go with what looks cool and the fire shots I thought looked awesome especially combined with the spikes flying off. I rarely look at my stats though when going into hunts since I play solo, as long as my armour/weapon looks cool it's all good XD.
Only thing I do make sure with decorations is that I have health+3 and critical+3, and usually have weakness exploit at 2 or 3, other than that I just wear whatever I like the look off. :D

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I made a "helper" build for AT Vaal, with wide range 2, seems to work well so far...

Note to self: do not pick up a "girros" when Vaal Hazak does his laser / acid attack... xD (it was shiny tho!)

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
For people on PS4 who just want the Drachen layered from Extremoth there's a gang of people on the GameFAQs boards who are helpin people get it done daily.

----

Thinkin of learning Insect Glaive now next after Bow to get some variation (plus it looks cool as fuck vaulting around cutting shit to pieces)

------

Logged 150 plus hrs so far in a little over 10 days, so fucking hooked on this game loop. Vacation now 7 days but i can feel the itch daily to get back and keep grinding.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
AT should be standard difficulty.
Some of the purple level 50 investigations are tough (rng?) like that Teostra one where he pretty much 1 shot everyone haha, but most of them are quite bland, even if it's only 2 players (which would supposedly be harder)
Hear ye, hear ye. We shouldn't have to wait for rotating events to fight actually challenging content with endgame gear. The variety in the endgame is already bad and this only kneecaps it further.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
For people on PS4 who just want the Drachen layered from Extremoth there's a gang of people on the GameFAQs boards who are helpin people get it done daily.

----

Thinkin of learning Insect Glaive now next after Bow to get some variation (plus it looks cool as fuck vaulting around cutting shit to pieces)

------

Logged 150 plus hrs so far in a little over 10 days, so fucking hooked on this game loop. Vacation now 7 days but i can feel the itch daily to get back and keep grinding.
Insect Glaive is fantastic, was my Main weapon on Ps4 and now pc.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has hinted that the endgame in Iceborne will be different than the main game so I wonder what they've done.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Hopefully they rethought the AT monsters thing, because adding a shit ton of extra HP and making attacks OH/KO isn't really adding depth or difficulty to gameplay in a sensible way.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully its no longer limited to just Elders for viable loot and gear. Oh and more sieges/arena battles and maybe more than one final boss?

At the very least, if they're going to gate decorations and streamstones behind tempered quests, they need to expand the definition of what counts as a tier 3 tempered monster so that we're not fighting the same four elder dragons over and over.

Also, if they're going to do randomized relic loot again, gate it behind multiple different quests instead of just Kulve.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, if they're going to gate decorations and streamstones behind tempered quests, they need to expand the definition of what counts as a tier 3 tempered monster so that we're not fighting the same four elder dragons over and over.

Also, if they're going to do randomized relic loot again, gate it behind multiple different quests instead of just Kulve.

Agreed

I wouldn't mind having some of that loot as possible drops from mining again. Or at least have some new gear and ruststone weapons again

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has hinted that the endgame in Iceborne will be different than the main game so I wonder what they've done.
More EXtreme super duper tempered monsters hopefully! No really, what else could it be? :P

So the food skills are completely random? I see they sometimes change depending on what foods you select but still seems random? I'm trying to get carver / luck skills...

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully its no longer limited to just Elders for viable loot and gear. Oh and more sieges/arena battles and maybe more than one final boss?
Isn' t there also AT Deviljho? Behemoth and Kulve count as dragons probably, even tho it's more like ox 🐂 and dog 🐶 (with horns) lol

They should just make all ATs available all the time, they can still have time limited events or something
>.<

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Or we could just not do that and save everyone a ton of hassle.
(We're totally getting Platinum coated MR Kulve and all the best weapons will come with Crit Element, Master's Touch, Weakness Exploit 3, and Super Recovery built in because God and balance are dead.)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or we could just not do that and save everyone a ton of hassle.
(We're totally getting Platinum coated MR Kulve and all the best weapons will come with Crit Element, Master's Touch, Weakness Exploit 3, and Super Recovery built in because God and balance are dead.)

There are definitely going to be randomized loot rewards of some kind, it's a core part of Monster Hunter. There's a reason why people call it a loot shooter, lol. But they can ease the frustration and monotony by making it so the rewards are gained from many different quests instead of just doing the same damn Kulve Taroth thing over and over.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
More EXtreme super duper tempered monsters hopefully! No really, what else could it be? :P

So the food skills are completely random? I see they sometimes change depending on what foods you select but still seems random? I'm trying to get carver / luck skills...
not random, it's based on which ingredients are available/fresh. when you've acquired every ingredient it becomes super plausible to eat for very specific skills and health/stamina

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
The only thing about Insect Glaive is that the coolest way to play it is also the least damaging (aerial vaulting).

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017

Not really sure if there's a better guide out there but this is what I use for food skills.

I'm really lazy though so the only time i ever use this is when I'm doing a 1 faint investigation and I want moxie other than that I always go with the chef's choice or veggie platter...

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really sure if there's a better guide out there but this is what I use for food skills.

I'm really lazy though so the only time i ever use this is when I'm doing a 1 faint investigation and I want moxie other than that I always go with the chef's choice or veggie platter...
Thanks! Seems good enough, my character is pretty drunk right now 😁

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Insect Glaive was the first weapon I tried to learn because I heard it was sort of techy and complicated, and I think that kept me from getting into the game way longer than if I'd tried something else. The kinsect aspect is a little techy but becomes totally rote once you get the basics, and the weapon's actual moveset is incredibly rudimentary and boring—maybe the worst moveset in the game. And, yeah, the fact that the 'best' way to play involves just standing still pretending to be a sterile version of DB/LS doesn't help.

that said, it can still be pretty fun to bop around in the air slapping monster heads. I hope the Iceborne changes help the aerial playstyle out a bit

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the biggest downside of damage numbers in World was making me realize that Aerial IG isn't any good at all. I loved Aerial IG in Gen so I thought I'd do it again in World, but seeing those hit do next to nothing was not a good feeling.

I hope the Iceborne buffs actually help it. The aerial down thrust looks cool and the kinsect buffs could be neat, but it's probably gonna need more than that to make it more than a bad LS.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Insect Glaive was the first weapon I tried to learn because I heard it was sort of techy and complicated, and I think that kept me from getting into the game way longer than if I'd tried something else. The kinsect aspect is a little techy but becomes totally rote once you get the basics, and the weapon's actual moveset is incredibly rudimentary and boring—maybe the worst moveset in the game. And, yeah, the fact that the 'best' way to play involves just standing still pretending to be a sterile version of DB/LS doesn't help.

that said, it can still be pretty fun to bop around in the air slapping monster heads. I hope the Iceborne changes help the aerial playstyle out a bit

I used this to dance on AT Xeno's wings for solo runs.. was a lot of fun.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Yeah it looks really fun to play, and mad cool points to, cuz you look like a fucking badass moving around
It takes a bit to learn the different points for each monster where to get your buff.

Tip: Only get the red and white one at first and then when they are about to dissapear get the yellow to refresh them. You take less damage in the air but you also deal less damage so use it to move around quickly and to evade. You will not do insane amount of damage but it´s just so fun to play.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Probably the biggest downside of damage numbers in World was making me realize that Aerial IG isn't any good at all. I loved Aerial IG in Gen so I thought I'd do it again in World, but seeing those hit do next to nothing was not a good feeling.

I hope the Iceborne buffs actually help it. The aerial down thrust looks cool and the kinsect buffs could be neat, but it's probably gonna need more than that to make it more than a bad LS.
Especially since LS is getting some nice buffs. Iai spirit slash does crazy damage and it's gonna be bonkers with quick sheathe. I disagree with buffing aerial attacks on IG though. The new aerial downward thrust attack being relatively strong is a better way to go about it IMO. IG could still use some slight damage buffs across the board. It's hard to say how strong the kinsect attack buff will be since capcom put a fucking healing bug and only a healing bug in the beta. What nonsense lol... 2 IGs to select from and only 1 kinsect.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Especially since LS is getting some nice buffs. Iai spirit slash does crazy damage and it's gonna be bonkers with quick sheathe. I disagree with buffing aerial attacks on IG though. The new aerial downward thrust attack being relatively strong is a better way to go about it IMO. IG could still use some slight damage buffs across the board. It's hard to say how strong the kinsect attack buff will be since capcom put a fucking healing bug and only a healing bug in the beta. What nonsense lol... 2 IGs to select from and only 1 kinsect.
What we need are good elemental IGs (and just buffs to elemental damage in general).

IG attacks fast enough that the best ones shouldn't all be raw or "raw with a bet of bonus damage from blast".

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they rethought the AT monsters thing, because adding a shit ton of extra HP and making attacks OH/KO isn't really adding depth or difficulty to gameplay in a sensible way.
Well the only real bs move I've seen so far is Lunastra basically spamming supernovas (sp) that's just dumb, and on top of that seemingly rng because she doesn't always do it.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Care to post the build? I'm curious because I've only built Glutton for max DPS before.
Sure, its

Glutton with 2 Shield mods and a Recoil
DK Eyepatch
Kirin Y
Vaal Y
Vaal Y
Vaal Y
Ironside Charm

Guard 5
Dragon Attack 4 (comes with the set)
Health Boost 3
Recovery Speed 3
Free Elem 3
WEX 3
Spread Shot
Peak Performance
Guard Up
Nonelemental Boost

It doesn't do much damage but it gets emnity easy as hell and as long as you have a healer and your team doesn't suck, it makes Extremoth not that hard. Swap for another build in Area 3 to meet the damage check and you don't want emnity there anyways.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

Big Velkhana article on Game Informer. Of note:
  • Velkhana worked out especially well because "there wasn't an elder dragon focused on Ice in World" (Kushala sheds a single tear).
  • They tried to come up with ways that Velkhana's ice mechanics made logical sense and weren't just lolmagic (laughter erupts from Kirin and Kushala).
  • Unique weapon designs are confirmed for Velkhana gear (thank God).
  • Armor looks cool for everyone.
  • Early designs made Velkhana look like a bird.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I hope she doesn't stay in the air forever like Kushala.

Also I hope Iceborne changes some of the elemental damage values for alot of the weapons. I'm sure her weapons will look good but I'm assuming they will be ice elemental, meaning that GS, LS, SA, etc won't have much use for them.

I pray that Blos won't be the meta anymore for CB, it's ugly as sin.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Geez about friggin' time. I was suppose to capture a tempered diablos in 15 mins but I noticed the black dude that was appearing in this investigation was possible the one that's been alluding me the gold crown so change of plans and decided to chance this..

iy47v0Q.png

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
LOL. Congrats. Black Diablos big crown still eludes me after hunting more than a hundred of them and 700 hours of game time.
So does does Kirin's big crown. Once I get this goddamn trophy, I'll finally have the Platinum.
Just this weekend, to add insult to injury, I got a smaller crown for Black Diablos that I don't actually need.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

Next week famitsu says one of the main articles is a 16 pager on Iceborne and they one topic is the new promotional video that shows off new monster reveals. We have something coming between today and next Tuesday for sure :)
Should be getting a trailer in the next couple of days. Hope it's more monsters than Glavenus and a another vet tease.