• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Smh, people trying to defeat ancient leshen without any defensive skill. I think I'm just gonna wait until I'm loaded with master rank gear and then come back for this guy.

I'm probably the only person disappointed by this, because I thought that the Summer Festival would start on the 26th so now I have to wait an extra week to get my layered Shadow Shades that I haven't been able to get for almost a year.

*grumble grumble*
Lol, the only seasonal event I've done is the harvest festival so I'm excited.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
So, with Brachydios coming to World, do you think that the Raging Brachydios variant will come to the endgame?
latest

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Smh, people trying to defeat ancient leshen without any defensive skill. I think I'm just gonna wait until I'm loaded with master rank gear and then come back for this guy.

Lol, the only seasonal event I've done is the harvest festival so I'm excited.

Don't join any Ancient Leshen quest unless at least 2 members of your team have Wide Range 5. You're practically doomed without healing support in that quest.

How the heck do I get red orbs now?
Is the Dante stuff even worth it for girls? Last time I checked he was a dude... *facepalm*

And yeah, I like that they change it up and "timed exclusive" rewards etc, I'm just saying it should be more... It's not really fun hunting the same 2 monsters for a week, and the other hunts are really more training than anything... Give me 4 ATs / per week, Capcom, I know you're listening (reading)!

Tyvm

The legs are the only decent part of the armor, and even then they're outclassed by all of the other good leg options in the game. It's only used for some niche CB defensive builds IIRC.

I would save the other Red Orbs you get from the quest and then kill AT Teostra twice to get the layered armor though, it's one of the best looking ones in the game. I especially like how the arms look with Drachen Chest and Blossom legs.

Teasing_Pink

Oct 25, 2017
Finally took down my first ancient leshen, after coming back to check out all the content I missed.

Really not fond of this style of fight, where having a dedicated support healer (and preferably a whole team with some wide range) is necessary for a successful hunt. Just doesn't feel like proper monster hunter.

Gave it a begrudging pass for behemoth, since that's based on an mmo, but I sure don't remember all those multiplayer battles in The Witcher 3 where I played a dedicated healer.

Hopefully it doesn't take too many more to get the materials I need for the gear.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally took down my first ancient leshen, after coming back to check out all the content I missed.

Really not fond of this style of fight, where having a dedicated support healer (and preferably a whole team with some wide range) is necessary for a successful hunt. Just doesn't feel like proper monster hunter.

Gave it a begrudging pass for behemoth, since that's based on an mmo, but I sure don't remember all those multiplayer battles in The Witcher 3 where I played a dedicated healer.

Hopefully it doesn't take too many more to get the materials I need for the gear.

I want to believe that things like Behemoth, Ancient Leshen, and the AT elders were designed as a stopgap until Capcom could develop a legitimate, properly-balanced endgame for G-rank. I think the game's success caught them off guard and they weren't prepared for the demand for harder content from veteran players.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The legs are the only decent part of the armor, and even then they're outclassed by all of the other good leg options in the game. It's only used for some niche CB defensive builds IIRC.

I would save the other Red Orbs you get from the quest and then kill AT Teostra twice to get the layered armor though, it's one of the best looking ones in the game. I especially like how the arms look with Drachen Chest and Blossom legs.

Hmm, I see, thank you. Well I'm not sure this Teostra hunt gives out red orbs, only played once yet and didn't get any (definitely piss easy tho, that level 30 RNG Teostra was harder lol)

Leshen, and the AT elders were designed as a stopgap until Capcom could develop a legitimate, properly-balanced endgame for G-rank. I think the game's success caught them off guard and they weren't prepared for the demand for harder content from veteran players.

ATs are fun though! Leshen can die in root fire though, I don't care, only played this once, it's completely bull, Behemoth at least makes some sense as a monster (and the fight is surprisingly fun with competent players)

^It's not like I couldn't beat Leshen, it's just how I play, I often observe more than actually trying to get to the goal a game gives me initially, and I'm simply not going through all those seemingly unskipable "choices" again just to face one of the most stupidly designed "bosses" ever (also single handedly made sure I'll never play a Witcher game lol, which my interest wasn't exactly big to begin with...)

Oh, you're saying there should be more harder quests or challenges? Well as a non veteran player I agree, the balance and difficulty curve in this is something else and it feels like the "top" of that difficulty curve is missing.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Don't join any Ancient Leshen quest unless at least 2 members of your team have Wide Range 5. You're practically doomed without healing support in that quest.
Yeah, I think I'm done trying for now. I tried going full support but people kept dying once he started summoning the army of jagras.

Hmm, I see, thank you. Well I'm not sure this Teostra hunt gives out red orbs, only played once yet and didn't get any (definitely piss easy tho, that level 30 RNG Teostra was harder lol)
You get the layered set from teostra, so what you need is teostra tickets not orbs.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I'm done trying for now. I tried going full support but people kept dying once he started summoning the army of jagras.
When the Jagras come out, do one of two things:
  1. Spam flash pods (which you should be doing anyway because A.Leshen never gets immune to them, and Jagras don't either).
  2. Put Mega Barrel Bombs around the guy that has aggro on him and try to kill as many of them as you can with the blasts.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Layered Dante needs a pair of red orbs in addition to the teostra tickets.
You're right, I forgot about that.
When the Jagras come out, do one of two things:
  1. Spam flash pods (which you should be doing anyway because A.Leshen never gets immune to them, and Jagras don't either).
  2. Put Mega Barrel Bombs around the guy that has aggro on him and try to kill as many of them as you can with the blasts.
I've been using flash pods but never though about the barrel bombs tbh.
Problem is though that most players don't stick together and some of them don't even "signal" when they are pinned down.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you only get the Y armor from Teostra it seems, but I think you still need tickets for the Dante outfit too.

BTW what is up with AT Xeno? That's gotta be the most boring fight ever™

We fought, then we fought some more, then time ran out.

Very exciting!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only event I missed was Winter Festival (even though I was able to get enough tickets to craft the winter layered armour, it didn't check the winter festival stuff.) So I'll pick that one up.

Oct 27, 2017
Still trying to master the LS, but I got a decent 3'29 run against the Juice. I want to try for a better time when I've got a Handicraft III Charm and a Critical Boost deco. Don't have access to Taroth Sword "Fire" at the moment.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for Kinsect Glaive?

Like, it seems you can charge it up too somehow?
And is Kjarr Glaive "Ice" good? I think it should be, has a lot of white sharpness...
And lastly is the Dragoon thing of good use?
It heals from the looks of it, any tips on how to use that?

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Any tips for Kinsect Glaive?

Like, it seems you can charge it up too somehow?
And is Kjarr Glaive "Ice" good? I think it should be, has a lot of white sharpness...
And lastly is the Dragoon thing of good use?
It heals from the looks of it, any tips on how to use that?
You charge it by draining the buffs out of the monster with the kinsect, ( L2 + △ to send the kinsect L2 + ○ to call it back) you can also have your kinsect attack the monster until it runs out stamina with R2 + L2.

Every monster is different but usually you'll get the red buff from the head, the white from the legs/wings and orange from the chest or belly

You'll always want to have at least the red buff before start attacking because the weapon is super slow without it, I always try to go for red and white at first and get the orange when they're about to run out since that refreshes them but just red is fine.

Kjarr Ice does ice damage so it's only good for certain monsters, also soul of the dragoon is one the best kinsect and is also the coolest looking.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also this goes without saying but if you're going to lock the best weapons in the game behind a horrible RNG quest at least make it a permanent fucking event

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You charge it by draining the buffs out of the monster with the kinsect, ( L2 + △ to send the kinsect L2 + ○ to call it back) you can also have your kinsect attack the monster until it runs out stamina with R2 + L2.

Every monster is different but usually you'll get the red buff from the head, the white from the legs/wings and orange from the chest or belly

You'll always want to have at least the red buff before start attacking because the weapon is super slow without it, I always try to go for red and white at first and get the orange when they're about to run out since that refreshes them but just red is fine.

Kjarr Ice does ice damage so it's only good for certain monsters, also soul of the dragoon is one the best kinsect and is also the coolest looking.
Thanks, I see. Well that'll take practice...

Btw, anyone tried this mod that let's you copy your character to another slot?
That would be really neat to try out some stuff.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I finally managed to play some more. Reached HR40 and built the Terror Tyrannos Weapon and the one from nergigante. Had some great Deviljho hunts yesterday.

Can someone recommend me a good SA an Insect build or a site where to check the current one? What weapons should I build?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Played for the first time in 2 months.. thought I had a large gold crown Black Diablos on the first try.

It was a silver. I might take 2 months off.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying this for years but maybe instead of HR checks that mean nothing, quests should have a defense check that prevents you from joining if you're below a certain defense. If you have below 400 defense and you're in an AT elder quest or something you're going to eat a faceful of cart every single time the monster hits you and ruin the quest for everyone else.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying this for years but maybe instead of HR checks that mean nothing, quests should have a defense check that prevents you from joining if you're below a certain defense. If you have below 400 defense and you're in an AT elder quest or something you're going to eat a faceful of cart every single time the monster hits you and ruin the quest for everyone else.
What about all of the Naked/No Armor time-attacks?

HR isn't great, but it's made worse in World because AT Elders have the same requirements as Tempered ones. The ATs should be require ~100 HR.

If they do tie it to defense, it shouldn't kick you out, but instead throw up a screen that says "Hey, this thing is the real deal. Are you sure about this?"

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you triple cart in a multiplayer quest the game should auto-ban you from multiplayer for some period of time.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I get where you're coming from - it can be frustrating, but I've been checking gear and in the VH AT hunt some people had like no (to me visible) defense, nor effluvium resistance and they didn't cart, or at least not regularly, and I'm pretty sure those were the ones doing the most damage too.

You could do what I did tho, check the gear of players who want to join, that way you can regulate this yourself and I got a feeling for whom I'd let join or not pretty quickly ...

Level 50, no effluvium res, also otherwise rather nonsensical stats, no, because they're either clueless or a smurf so who cares, level 300+, powerful stats that somehow make sense, yes...

What about all of the Naked/No Armor time-attacks?

HR isn't great, but it's made worse in World because AT Elders have the same requirements as Tempered ones. The ATs should be require ~100 HR.

If they do tie it to defense, it shouldn't kick you out, but instead throw up a screen that says "Hey, this thing is the real deal. Are you sure about this?"

I agree HR isn't a bad criteria, the requirements, as are the difficulty levels are all wrong (ish)

How come a level 30 Teostra one shots me and then an "Arch Tempered" Teostra doesn't...?

At this point they should just get rid of the HR moniker, it kinda feels out of place.

Do C,B,A,S,SS,SSS instead.
Every game needs SSS rank!

(also I was HR 60 or so when I did my first AT hunts)

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues with guild cards? Like, pretty much every time I accept one my game will freeze soon after...
I kinda think that's probably why a lot of people don't send the cards back.

Oh and I saw this on one of the cards I received

*due to restrictions you cannot use this user created content*

As if I'm gonna "use" a guild card... For what!

Like wtf kind of cryptic error message is this.

Anyway, deleted the card, but stuff like this seriously annoys me, why can't they just say what's wrong, "due to restrictions" and why only this user... lol >.<

The funny thing is I don't even recognize that user, and I usually am pretty good at remembering user names...

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Nice photoshop, we all know they are not real and more than two of em will crash the whole game.

Congrats! In my over 300 hours on ps4 and now 70 on pc I did not get a single one.

On saturday my mate finally caved and bought the game. We were playing a lot and on sunday too. The team is back together! I´m so happy ^^

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HBG builds... are very hard to find apparently? And if then it's old stuff, I wanna use the ones I got from Kulve, kjarr "magma" or taroth "support". >.<
Is the KT set good for HBG by the way?
I'd love to finally use this (A,B,Y, doesn't matter) it looks like it would be to me, but what decos should I use and, how do I "custom mod" my HBG, I definitely need a shield with how slow this thing is and how close you need to get to the monsters to do any actual damage!

Last edited:

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Lol, nice. I got 3, but the fourth one that I seemingly need to max attack out eludes me (so far) I hear there's one you get from the Witcher quest, but I really dread this part so I probably keep skipping it. :p
Yes there is one from the witcher quest if you complete one of the side missions (i can tell you if you want to spoiler yourself).

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes there is one from the witcher quest if you complete one of the side missions (i can tell you if you want to spoiler yourself).
I wouldn't mind in this case. :p
Can you also just do the side quest and not fight Leshen or does it need to be both in one go?

^I honestly wouldn't mind that fight so much if they'd only let me use my character, haha *sigh*

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Man having do these arena missions solo to get the workshop Longsword suck. Azure Rathalos was especially annoying because I don't use any of the weapon options they give you, the mother fucker just flies around 75% of the time, and I had only 3 flashpods to work with. Obviously they're all doable solo but they're clearly balanced for two people. As far as I know their HP stays the same whether there's one or two players so getting A rank is also more difficult.

I wouldn't mind in this case. :p
Can you also just do the side quest and not fight Leshen or does it need to be both in one go?

^I honestly wouldn't mind that fight so much if they'd only let me use my character, haha *sigh*

All you need to do is free the trapped pukei pukei with igni. It later comes to help you during the Leshen fight but it's prone to dying, so you gotta keep it alive with life powders/vitality flowers.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually able to do the Pukei-Pukei sidequest on my first try on both platforms with minimal issues, but other people say it's quite challenging so your mileage may vary.

Also...I'm considering getting a PS4 Pro for Iceborne (and future PS4 games) to improve framerate and load times after sticking an SSD in it. Does anyone have experience with how much better MHW runs on a Pro? Is it worth the investment? Jumping back and forth between my PS4 and PC saves is like night and day.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All you need to do is free the trapped pukei pukei with igni. It later comes to help you during the Leshen fight but it's prone to dying, so you gotta keep it alive with life powders/vitality flowers.

Ohh, I see. Oh, well thanks, stuff like this helps me actually, one of the reasons I couldn't beat Leshen on my first try was definitely because I wasted a lot of time beforehand, just collecting stuff, running around aimlessly, it's just how I play and I don't like being pressured, by a game. But if I know what's coming I can do better and focus on what I'm supposed to do... So yeah, I might give this another try sometimes soon, just not right now, I have to beat AT xeno *only* 5 more times before even thinking about that... Lol.

Seriously that fight sucks so much, mostly because of how long and repetitive it is...

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Ohh, I see. Oh, well thanks, stuff like this helps me actually, one of the reasons I couldn't beat Leshen on my first try was definitely because I wasted a lot of time beforehand, just collecting stuff, running around aimlessly, it's just how I play and I don't like being pressured, by a game. But if I know what's coming I can do better and focus on what I'm supposed to do... So yeah, I might give this another try sometimes soon, just not right now, I have to beat AT xeno *only* 5 more times before even thinking about that... Lol.

Seriously that fight sucks so much, mostly because of how long and repetitive it is...
I know what to do but still haven't got to it because I dislike the fight and if you mess up and let it die you gotta restart the mission, lol.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know what to do but still haven't got to it because I dislike the fight and if you mess up and let it die you gotta restart the mission, lol.
Yeah, Leshen is also not a fun fight, I'm thinking it might depends on the weapon used too though, I mean I think the game actually let's you choose that? And I've used some random LS iirc which probably didn't help things. :p

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The standard Leshen fight isn't a challenge for me, I can kill him fairly quickly.

The Ancient Leshen is a different story.

Also regarding my previous question:

Also...I'm considering getting a PS4 Pro for Iceborne (and future PS4 games) to improve framerate and load times after sticking an SSD in it. Does anyone have experience with how much better MHW runs on a Pro? Is it worth the investment? Jumping back and forth between my PS4 and PC saves is like night and day.

I've been informed that sticking an SSD in a slim PS4 will improve load times too, so I'm considering this instead.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The standard Leshen fight isn't a challenge for me, I can kill him fairly quickl

So what weapon are you usually using for this?

I've been informed that sticking an SSD in a slim PS4 will improve load times too, so I'm considering this instead.
Yeah, if loading times is your biggest concern that should do it , I think framerates on Pro aren't that great either tho (not 100% sure I remember correctly)

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Any new or returning players looking for a squad, I am only HR 5 but I am starting to back into finish the story.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I finally managed to play some more. Reached HR40 and built the Terror Tyrannos Weapon and the one from nergigante. Had some great Deviljho hunts yesterday.

Can someone recommend me a good SA an Insect build or a site where to check the current one? What weapons should I build?

At HR 40? You probably wanna run this until Drachen. Same thing works for every Jho weapon until Drachen.

zZCBhpI.png

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Ancient Leshen, got lucky because I got matched with one amazing player.

The fight is trash, I ran a support build because it's my first time doing it. I did not expect literally had to heal the entire fking time.