• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
New events starting today. How's everyone liking "Relish the Moment"? The quest consistently drops weapon streamstones as rewards.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Hit 49 tonight, went into tempered Kirin fight and got him the first try. good, fun fight—really glad I didn't have to take time to farm up gear just for him

now i feel like i'm looking down the long barrel of endgame. wish PC was a little more caught up on PS4's content, i sorta feel like the game doesn't have anything harder than what i've already done. looking forward to learning new (to me) weapons more than anything

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Do all monster have tempered versions? finished the "game" yesterday and my bazel armor is starting to look inadequate.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. All monsters have a Tempered version.

Only a few selected mobs have an Arch-Tempered version. But that's on the console version for now. PC will get it later.

xania

Oct 27, 2017
How do I start the Tempered Deviljho quest? I thought it was just a normal event but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After doing some Tempered Jho hunts online I have to say Bazelgeuse is the biggest damage dealer q:

Solo he is fine but online it gets too chaotic. If someone does not know what they are doing is game over really soon.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I solo'd him much easier than in a group. People just get one shotted to often.

Yeah, solo he is a bit easy.

Use 2 pitfall traps, 2 shock traps, the para toad, mount him 2 times and you can make him trip like 2 times. That is almost enough to drop his health to low. And if he gets in a turf war with Bazelgeuse he is almost done.

Multi he hits too hard and if someone does not have enough health and defense is game over too fast.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
Well Tempered Jho is as awful of a fight as I expected it to be. Don't think I'm going to bother putting up with him again.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Tempered jho is fun with a group of people who know what they're doing. I've started looking for lobbies with 100+ only. Had a 55 join and cart 3x.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I got the game a couple of days ago and are monsters supposed to take so long to kill? I just wiped after 45 minutes of wailing on a mob...., it was a big frost dragon for a quest that looked like a butterfly on the map. I got him to his lair but I died. At a point it goes from epic to just plain boring, at least for me. I'd rather a fight take around 15 - 20 minutes, not nearly an hour.

Also, it had frost attacks that screwed with my stamina, how do I remove it?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I got the game a couple of days ago and are monsters supposed to take so long to kill? I just wiped after 45 minutes of wailing on a mob...., it was a big frost dragon for a quest that looked like a butterfly on the map. I got him to his lair but I died. At a point it goes from epic to just plain boring, at least for me. I'd rather a fight take around 15 - 20 minutes, not nearly an hour.

Upgrade your gear perhaps, especially your weapon. Check your field guide to see if you unlock some info on monster weakness. Blights can be removed with nulberries.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Remember that when you make a monster retreat to his lair you can capture it to end the fight faster.

For the frost blight you either have your ice resistance at 20 to avoid the blight or use null berries to remove it.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018

Have you been upgrading/crafting equipment? Most fights shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes with appropriate gear. If you're at Legiana you should probably have at least a rare 3 weapon. You may also be playing conservatively or not getting the most damage out of your weapon possible. There are lots of good weapon tutorials on youtube that might help if you haven't looked there already (Gaijin Hunter and Arekkz being the most notable).

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I have, my weapon is level 3 and I have a level 10 head, level 4 chest and a bunch of level 2 stuff. My friend told me about the traps but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them, and I can't seem to make them?

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I have, my weapon is level 3 and I have a level 10 head, level 4 chest and a bunch of level 2 stuff. My friend told me about the traps but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them, and I can't seem to make them?

First, you need to buy trap tools at the vendor in Astera. Once you have them you need to craft the traps. There are two types: Shock and pitafall. Both have their uses, but for capturing shock are easier to make. You just need to have trap tools and a thunderbug.

Next you need tranq bombs. To craft them you need to combine sleep herbs and parashorms.

To capture a monster you wait for it to be weak. When you see it limping, in the map you see the skull symbol or the monster retreats to its lair. You put the trap and then hit it with the tranq bombs. After 2 or 3 bombs you will capture it and finish the hunt.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Anyone here tried the "Hex's Adjusted Decoration Drop Rate" mod? Seems to make the end game much less dragging without completely removing the endgame element.

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought this yesterday, played until the first mission in map number 2 (desert, i dont remember the name sorry) and was thinking, i just need to continue the story? and then farm and do some online mission, coop?
how long is the story?

the recommended armor is per zone? i see some heavy defense but weak to certain elements, im using the bone armor, i think...

as for weapons im using between the samurai sword( long sword?) and the dual sword, i should focus in one? im using bone for both weapons...

sorry about the names, this is my first MH

so much to do and dont know where to start or continue!
thanks!

Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
New content announced, AT lunastra and zorah...date only for consoles *cries in pc version*

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I bought this yesterday, played until the first mission in map number 2 (desert, i dont remember the name sorry) and was thinking, i just need to continue the story? and then farm and do some online mission, coop?
how long is the story?

the recommended armor is per zone? i see some heavy defense but weak to certain elements, im using the bone armor, i think...

as for weapons im using between the samurai sword( long sword?) and the dual sword, i should focus in one? im using bone for both weapons...

sorry about the names, this is my first MH

so much to do and dont know where to start or continue!
thanks!
To progress the story all you need to do is the assignments, but if you want to actually make something from monster parts you'll need to fight them multiple times. There's no rush or anything so just play at whatever pace you like.

The elemental resistance matters different amounts depending on the monsters you're fighting. Some elemental attacks from monsters do more of their damage from the element than others. The other thing is that if you have 10 or 20 resistance to an element (the number turns yellow or orange respectively) you get resistance or immunity to the status ailments you normally suffer for taking elemental damage.

You don't have to focus in any one weapon. You can even use all 14 if you like. It's all skill/preference. There are no permanent character decisions in this game.

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To progress the story all you need to do is the assignments, but if you want to actually make something from monster parts you'll need to fight them multiple times. There's no rush or anything so just play at whatever pace you like.

The elemental resistance matters different amounts depending on the monsters you're fighting. Some elemental attacks from monsters do more of their damage from the element than others. The other thing is that if you have 10 or 20 resistance to an element (the number turns yellow or orange respectively) you get resistance or immunity to the status ailments you normally suffer for taking elemental damage.

You don't have to focus in any one weapon. You can even use all 14 if you like. It's all skill/preference. There are no permanent character decisions in this game.

i want to play with a friend, but not sure if the story matters, he got the number 5 achievement, i want to be at least in his zone or rank.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
i want to play with a friend, but not sure if the story matters, he got the number 5 achievement, i want to be at least in his zone or rank.
You increase your rank by getting farther in the story, but you can also replay the earlier areas and monsters as much as you want, so you don't need to be the same rank just to play together at all.

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You increase your rank by getting farther in the story, but you can also replay the earlier areas and monsters as much as you want, so you don't need to be the same rank just to play together at all.

really thanks! will try to move one in the story! so much fun in this game! are people using reset era group ingame or another one?

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Jho LS seems good, should I aim for the divine blade, the arena quest are so boooooring, any other LS worth a try?

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Finally got a Mighty Bow Jewel and just tried out the Elem Crit Bow build. Holy shit it does a lot of damage. Might have to switch to mouse controls for it although it'll be after after playing every MH since 1 with a controller.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
urgh. Teams I'm on are 0-18 on Tempered Deviljho.

This is really pissing me off. I'm a LBG user. I admit, I shat the bed my first run. I switched to support from then on with the xeno LBG, fulfilling my role in poisoning, exhausting, paralyzing, and sleeping Jho. But here's the problem: No one is bringing bombs. So I put jho to sleep, and instead of 8 mega bombs, we end up with 2 or 4. Every single time. Sometimes people don't even wait for me to finish laying down my wyvernblasts before they detonate everything. Or the one hammer user who decided it would be the perfect time to get 2 or 3 whacks on joe instead of letting us lay bombs.

And there's always the idiots who don't max out their health and have shitty defense, so they get one shot by joe's attacks every time.

Fucking hell, people. Bring bombs, Nuke the shit out of joe when I put him to sleep. Use def buffs. If you take damage, RETREAT AND HEAL, don't try to get a few more hits in.

Shit, restock on bombs for rounds 2 3 and 4, it's a free 1600 damage each time.

Oh, and if you're getting one shot because you have, like, 360 defense, do everyone a favor and Abandon the quest. Some of these attempts the same guy got triple carted

And I've never played a support role before, but I realized quickly that using my normal shot LBG build was fucking my teams up because I wasn't used to joe's timing, so I switched.

Yes, I'm HR 51

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
urgh. Teams I'm on are 0-18 on Tempered Deviljho.

This is really pissing me off. I'm a LBG user. I admit, I shat the bed my first run. I switched to support from then on with the xeno LBG, fulfilling my role in poisoning, exhausting, paralyzing, and sleeping Jho. But here's the problem: No one is bringing bombs. So I put jho to sleep, and instead of 8 mega bombs, we end up with 2 or 4. Every single time. Sometimes people don't even wait for me to finish laying down my wyvernblasts before they detonate everything. Or the one hammer user who decided it would be the perfect time to get 2 or 3 whacks on joe instead of letting us lay bombs.

And there's always the idiots who don't max out their health and have shitty defense, so they get one shot by joe's attacks every time.

Fucking hell, people. Bring bombs, Nuke the shit out of joe when I put him to sleep. Use def buffs. If you take damage, RETREAT AND HEAL, don't try to get a few more hits in.

Shit, restock on bombs for rounds 2 3 and 4, it's a free 1600 damage each time.

Oh, and if you're getting one shot because you have, like, 360 defense, do everyone a favor and Abandon the quest. Some of these attempts the same guy got triple carted

And I've never played a support role before, but I realized quickly that using my normal shot LBG build was fucking my teams up because I wasn't used to joe's timing, so I switched.

Yes, I'm HR 51

I had two successful runs against Tempered Deviljho and decided to stop because the rewards were not that good taking into account the time it was taking to complete one (like 40 minutes if I add the failed runs). Honestly hunters that are 100+ HR and do not bring tools / traps / bombs should be blacklisted. Kinda wished this game had a sort of blacklist to put all those bad or cheap hunters I have found in the game.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
came home from work today, solo'd tempered joe, no carts. First time beating him, first time trying him solo (tried several times in multi as I posted earlier).

Rewards don't seem worth it

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
came home from work today, solo'd tempered joe, no carts. First time beating him, first time trying him solo (tried several times in multi as I posted earlier).

Yeah it seems he has a lot lower health in single mode when compared to other monsters. No good rewards apart from the sweet satisfaction that you did it MMMMMMMMMMM SOAK IT UP.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017

Congrats! I always take the chance to farm Relish The Moment because of the high chances of weapon streamstones. Takes me about 20 mins each hunt. Well worth the 3~4 weapon streamstones reward.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How the hell they still haven't fixed getting an error when joining a session? That was there since launch ffs.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Xeno'jiiva for the first time, solo, with no prep. Maybe it's not considered a hard boss, but I was glad to scrape by and finish the game.