• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
PC graphics on release seem on par with the consoles with the only PC benefit being higher frame rates, resolution and better loading times...textures really could use an upgrade...

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This'll be my first foray into the franchise, like others here. Looking forward to it!

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I got an additional 5% off voucher from GMG (on top of the 18% pre-order discount)...so I can buy it for $46.73...very tempting...my mouse will be hovering over the 'Buy' button for the next few hours...

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Planning to run home for lunch to start the download so it'll be good to go when I get off in the afternoon. Still haven't decided which weapons to use primarily at the start but gonna start with a bow. Optimistic that there aren't hiccups that go too late after the scheduled time.

If your computer is on and has Steam running, you can initiate the DL with your phone inside the Steam App.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really wish this wasn't releasing at the same time as BfA, I'll definitely pick it up in the future though.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
this game would be perfect if it had pvp where players could invade other people's hunts lol...Dark Souls but with Monsters

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Man, salty as hell that I had to cancel my pre-order last week because of financial reasons. Hopefully won't be too far behind the community as a whole when I can finally pick this up in a month or two, although I'll be missing out on that pre-order attack-charm.

I presume those early missions that no-one will want to go back to help with are going to be okay for me solo in?
Everything save for a couple monsters, the latest Behemoth update and the Siege quest against Kulve Taroth, is perfectly fine doing solo. I've put almost 600 hours into the PS4 version and 99% was solo and it hasn't been a problem.

Do we have those big charts for lots of cards yet. Mine is pretty low end nowadays and I'm concerned about running this even at minimum settings. I have a 760.
I have a 760 also, not buying the PC version yet due to my budget but hopefully there should be some benchmarks with similar cards, I would think it shouldn't have a problem matching the base PS4, the card is more powerful and baring a few bad ports I haven't had much trouble running games at slightly higher or matching the console so far.

Manzoon

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast, USA
Super stoked for this, I played Dauntless as a hold over but that game was so content thin that it just left me wanting something more. Jumping feet first into my first monster hunter game.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I have to ask, even though you may not have the answer... Why no preloads?

The random crash that some reviewers encountered during the preview window was totally unexpected and spooked the team. Fortunately, they found the culprit and it has already been fixed. Phew!

The code for launch is practically finished; that being said, the team wanted to err on the safe side and keep QA team on it into the final hours in case something serious crops up that requires an update. The last thing we want is to force pre-loaders to redownload the game.

Fortunately the download size, in my opinion, is reasonable at 16.7 GB.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Everything save for a couple monsters, the latest Behemoth update and the Siege quest against Kulve Taroth, is perfectly fine doing solo. I've put almost 600 hours into the PS4 version and 99% was solo and it hasn't been a problem.

I have a 760 also, not buying the PC version yet due to my budget but hopefully there should be some benchmarks with similar cards, I would think it shouldn't have a problem matching the base PS4, the card is more powerful and baring a few bad ports I haven't had much trouble running games at slightly higher or matching the console so far.
Yeah I've been pretty happy with it for a while, but it's finally starting to show it's age with some newer games. I've been putting off upgrading for years now.

I'll probably be buying it tomorrow and try it and if it doesn't work I'll refund it. Thanks steam! I'll report my results.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally, after waiting months its practically here. I do wish that for the future, we get simultaneous releases along with console people :(

I mainly used the hbg in the previous games, so I'll be focusing on it again here. After using it for so long, playing mh with melee weapons feels wrong for me, heh.

Question is, will they stagger the release of the PC release again, or will it be a simultaneous release
The DLC pipeline will be on an accelerated schedule compared to the console versions, which suggests to me that they're trying to get all versions up to speed as quickly as possible. I can't imagine that they would want to stagger the release of G-rank out, especially since it's going to be available in at least an upgrade to the base game itself.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The random crash that some reviewers encountered during the preview window was totally unexpected and spooked the team. Fortunately, they found the culprit and it has already been fixed. Phew!

The code for launch is practically finished; that being said, the team wanted to err on the safe side and keep QA team on it into the final hours in case something serious crops up that requires an update. The last thing we want is to force pre-loaders to redownload the game.

Soo... you gonna change your Avi for the launch? ;)

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy get to explain the god awful co op story mission system to rightfully confused people all over again!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

Honestly really appreciate that.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Looking forward to playing this again but at 60 fps. I was a hammer bro, but given the multiplayer scaling for ko I'm going to try something new. Never played lance before, I'll see how I like it.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
no preload bums me out. won't be able to play until friday because of it most likely

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, the day it gets unlocked I end up getting only 5 hours of sleep for no reason...starting to feel groggy now. Gonna have to save the game for tomorrow probably.

Tell me about it. I hope the game pulls a Dark Souls and sells so well on PC it becomes a staple series on the platform.
I still remember the day they announced out of the blue that the PC version was coming later, felt like a punch in the gut. I was certain I would get the game but not day one but the allure of co-op hunting was just too much to ignore.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, the day it gets unlocked I end up getting only 5 hours of sleep for no reason...starting to feel groggy now. Gonna have to save the game for tomorrow probably.

I still remember the day they announced out of the blue that the PC version was coming later, felt like a punch in the gut. I was certain I would get the game but not day one but the allure of co-op hunting was just too much to ignore.
I was thinking it would be another Destiny 2 situation but when they said "aiming for fall" in that one short video I was pretty devastated. Still hard to believe it''s a few hours away now.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how a GTX 970 and i5-6600k will do on this game at 1440p?

We know that a 970 is able to deliver ~25fps on the highest preset at 1440p. The lowest preset boosts performance by about 140% (--> 60 fps).
30 fps are very doable, even on higher settings. Locked 60 fps are probably impossible. My Guess 50-60 fps on the lowest preset at 1440p.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
gbf's love live collab and destiny's solstice bullshit is taking my time but I just preordered anyways. hope this jsut raises mh's popularity even more

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Is the cutscene fuckery still up?

Do you mean the extremely long and unskippable ones? If so, no clue. It doesn't seem like there was really any changes for this from the console version other than the obvious hardware boosts/toggles you get with PC. Seems like a super basic port in that regard. Doesn't help either that it doesn't even come with the currently released DLC monsters either. Them being released "faster" doesn't mean anything to me if it still takes 1-3 months.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I'd like to know this as well.

And hey, it's Shadownet using one of my Chrismas avys :)
Oh snap, you designed this? I totally forgot. Thank you though, it's my favorite!
We know that a 970 is able to deliver ~25fps on the highest preset at 1440p. The lowest preset boosts performance by about 140% (--> 60 fps).
30 fps are very doable, even on higher settings. Locked 60 fps are probably impossible. My Guess 50-60 fps on the lowest preset at 1440p.
I appreciate the figures. I might just wait till I get my hand on a GTX 1180. Should be out soon.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well, I just bought this. I have never played a Monster Hunter game before, the Monsters and weapons just look too awesome for me to not try it. The only thing I am sort of worried about is that I dislike grinding in games (which is why I can't play MMOs). I'm hoping the fights are fun enough for me to keep at it.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Well, I just bought this. I have never played a Monster Hunter game before, the Monsters and weapons just look too awesome for me to not try it. The only thing I am sort of worried about is that I dislike grinding in games (which is why I can't play MMOs). I'm hoping the fights are fun enough for me to keep at it.
I hate grinding in MMOs, but I love grinding in MH, for what it's worth.

I personally think "grinding" as of a monotonous task that I'm not enjoying. However in MH it's 95% of the time enjoyable to farm materials with different weapons etc... There are some exceptions in form of some more tedious monsters, but they are in extreme minority.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watched some YT performance videos. Lower end 4c I5s are really struggling to hold 60 fps here.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would compare it to a diablo style game, if that's a point of reference for you. The gameplay is completely different, but the 'loop' is very similar - only instead of murdering 100 enemies, your'e killing one very hard enemy.

It's not a game where you're grinding to get to the fun part, it's a game where you're grinding the fun part itself.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide on a weapon. Currently thinking about the heavy bowgun, longsword, hammer and dual blades.

Ughhh. Really hope my 970/4690K will pull off one last miracle before they're replaced.

CPU is still fine. Even a 1050Ti is (supposedly) able to run this well above 60 on the lowest preset at fullHD, a 970 is about twice as fast. I bet you'll be fine (with some setting tinkering!).

Last edited:

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
hoping it utilizes more than 4 threads well, this could be the 2nd game this year to put my oc'd 8700k to work since Vermintide 2