• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm genuinely excited about the possibility of people digging up cut monsters/equipment, as well as modding the hell out of my character. After platinuming the PS4 version almost entirely solo and completely legit, I'm more than ready to crack MHW open and get every last drop of entertainment out of it that I can.

Natively supports Dualshock 4 with full button prompts.
Thank God (Gabe?).

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
It's showing up on my steam list now. LET ME IN! Feels so strange to finally see it there.
mhw.png
Capcom doesn't believe in lower case letters.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WBacon just confirmed in a SteamERA chatroom that the game unlocks at noon on Thursday
Why though? If you're gonna release a game on a specific day, literally release it that day, not halfway through the day.

Seeing so many more games doing this. Back in my day we could unlock these games a day early with a VPN. Now they don't even release at 9pm pst the day before like they used to.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall anything going awry with Steam game launches before.

Yakuza 0 came out late in the day too, and that didn't solve shit. They haven't even managed to roll out a patch they didn't immediately have to roll back from. Releasing later didn't do anything for them.

Nice to see they're still polishing it though.

TyMiles2012

Mar 26, 2018
There's a rumor that according to Amazon, there will be preload on 7th August.

That was because of the release day being set to Tuesday. It's been corrected. I was pretty convinced that was true, especially since GMG keys are being distributed already, but since Amazon changed the date to the correct release day and GMG codes aren't allowing preloads, only adding to library, I doubt it.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
From the wordings, it seems that they're not really that ready to launch the game this week. I have a really bad feeling about this.

I mean, we have tons of literal video evidence of how the game's performing on PC already.

If it was in a bad state, they wouldn't have let a bunch of people preview it ahead of time already.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
From the wordings, it seems that they're not really that ready to launch the game this week. I have a really bad feeling about this.

Valve supporting launches is standard procedure. Also, although they could have done an open beta to test their infrastructure even then nothing can fully prepare you for the real d-day.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
To that post you were responding to I don't understand... I thought World looked really good? Does it not?

It does, but that's because of the strength of it's artstyle. The IQ and texture work is a bit all over the place, and its highlighted on increased resolutions. I definitely could see some mods trying to address some of the visual flaws.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think this was posted. Apparently with the new Nvidia drivers, performance got quite a bit better. Still probably want to turn off volumetric rendering though.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the loading times alone make me want to get this on PC. I don't have a SSD but like sheeeesh. I'd double dip but my stuff is old. i5 2300 & a AMD Radeon HD 6800 on 6gb ram. lol.

Naliem1

Nov 27, 2017
This game is destroying my 4670k stock and even at 4.2 I don't seem to get rid of the bottleneck.

At least it doesn't go below 40 fps and freesync works wonders.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This game is destroying my 4670k stock and even at 4.2 I don't seem to get rid of the bottleneck.

At least it doesn't go below 40 fps and freesync works wonders.
Have you turned down volumetric rendering? I honestly can't tell the difference between high and medium/low and it added 20 frames for me with my ancient (OC 4.5) 2500k.

Naliem1

Nov 27, 2017
Have you turned down volumetric rendering? I honestly can't tell the difference between high and medium/low and it added 20 frames for me with my ancient (OC 4.5) 2500k.
I have. Actually I think it looks even better with volumetric rendering turned off, it seems to add an odd blueish filter everywhere.