• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AwwBubbles

Oct 27, 2017
hk7wcx9.gif
Sold!

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You can do multiplayer with whoever. One of the big features new to this installment is that the lines between single player and mutliplayer are blurred, so you can be on a tough hunt and require some extra muscle, use your signal flare, and it will summon players into your game to give you a hand.
That sounds a lot like the online feature in Bloodborne. I just hope we can communicate with each other in this game. I'd at least like to say "thank you."

Truezeldafan

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Yeah. Past demos for Monster Hunter lets you team up with your buddies online.

Might be the reason on why PS+ is required since it include online play.

Nice, yeah that's what I was thinking/hoping. Can.Not.Wait...While I love me some 3DS MH, there's a reason why MH3U WiiU was my most played iteration (just cant shake the need of playing on a big screen with a full controller). And now after "importing" the switch demo of double cross, Im too spoiled playing in HD hehe. January shall be a wonderful month.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
We'll have stickers, gestures, and voice chat at the very least! Communication is a high priority I've no doubt.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
God... everything about this is looking insane. I love how they totally subverted our expectations with these new areas too.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
... and it's not a skin, it's confirmed to be an actual armor set. Guessing the helm is what makes you look like her? Or it's an all or nothing set?

jluXrRL.jpg

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
It was working at PAX.

He mentions that at 1:37.

Every new trailer just increases my excitement. Obviously that's the point. I always enjoy Capcom's way of trickling out info and reveals leading up to the demo/release.

Nice one. Glad it's in.

Yeah. These trailer are not helping me cope with the hype. December can't come sooner XD

... and it's not a skin, it's confirmed to be an actual armor set. Guessing the helm is what makes you look like her? Or it's an all or nothing set?
I guess they might have created Aloy in the character creator for the trailer. Gonna be amazing if there's an Aloy preset in the character creator.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Yup, subbing for plus solely for this beta. Already can safely say: no regrets!

I'm blown away by this new biome, I didn't expect so gruesome full size area at all. I'm still hoping for at least a tundra biome.

I'm past the maximum allowed hype levels already, and it just keeps piling on!

Status Effect

Oct 27, 2017
The environments look really varied. I tried MH years ago and couldn't get into it but I'm going to give this one a go. I suspect alot of players who felt like the franchise wasn't for them are thinking the same thing. This game could really work out for Capcom

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The new quadrupedal monsters remind me of Gorgonopsids. I bet they're Fanged Wyverns like Great Jagras.

1200px-Sauroctonus_parringtoni_01.jpg

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. That's an armor set with skills and all. Rarely has event armor or weaponry had stats that warranted using it over endgame mixed sets. There definitely has been some good event armor/weapons in a few of the games but not a ton. Wonder if they will change that up with World or not.

Last edited:

Wark

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I've liked Monster Hunter games in the past, but this is the first one that I'm really really excited for. I'm super psyched for the open beta in December. The game looks fantastic!

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if the characters face looking exactly like Aloy's is actually just them showing off how good the character creator in MHW is.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked, but I think it is part of the armor. The video out there showing the character creation process is damned impressive, though.

To be certain this also isn't the first time an event armor 'transforms' the face entirely. Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Strider DLCs in the past come to mind.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to hear there's going to be a beta for this. And we're only a few months away from release - we'll be playing a full fledged mainline MonHun in HD before we know it :D

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You know what monster would fit this new area perfectly?

UCZC0nZ.png

C'mon Capcom, do it for me.

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never played a Monster Hunter game

is the combat similar to Horizon: Zero Dawn?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

I've not played Horizon, so I can't comment on where the similarities are at. But MH has it's own unique movement and locks you into animations where you have to commit to your actions. Think more fighting game combos that you can find ways to cancel out of. Horizon looks much more kinetic and action packed. The moves you can do like the knee slide under monsters maneuver come to mind. The combat in Horizon looks like a lot of fun. But MH is it's own thing, so don't go into MHW expecting Horizon like slickness.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
This new area is perfect for Kehzu... /runs

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
This new area is perfect for Kehzu... /runs
A revamped Khezu with new AI routine and attacks will be riot. Always hated how passive it was fighting it.

Umm. Okay. Where do I go on the PS4 to download the client? Sorry for the stupid question.
Guessing the client will be made available to download when we get closer to the demo date. Should be on the PS Store when they announce when it can be downloaded.

closer013

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I didn't know there was going to be an open beta. That's great! Has there been a date announced?

Casper

Oct 25, 2017

There are definitely some similarities, and actually the early descriptions and footage of Horizon drew me in because of that. Space explained it quite well. Sadly there aren't a lot of games out there that can compare 1 to 1. Plenty have tried but all seem to just lack something. Horizon is far more action I'd say. Much more forgiving, you can roll for days, slow down time, run away easily, etc.

Monster Hunter can punish you for greedily and thoughtlessly going on the offensive with no thought. That said it isn't as impossible to understand as many seem to think, but it does require effort. You can't force a Monster Hunter game to play to your comforts. Meaning, in some games you can just forget about how the game expects you to play/learn it, toss stealth or planning out, and just zerg a boss instead.

Monster Hunter wants you to learn it. Again very similar to fighting games. Almost always spamming one attack in a fighting game isn't going to work.

When you get it though. It's glorious.

Umm. Okay. Where do I go on the PS4 to download the client? Sorry for the stupid question.

It'll likely be on the Free page on the PSN store, or searchable on the 9th of December. Won't be there now.

A revamped Khezu with new AI routine and attacks will be riot.

You know? I would absolutely love to see a 'new' Khezu.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen some speculation that the new big red quadrupedal monster might be this game's equivalent of Deviljho and Rajang. Hope that doesn't mean Death Pickle didn't make the cut.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I guess what this implies is that it's an armor set with stats, not just a skin? Because, for all intents and purposes, if your character cosmetically becomes Aloy, it's ... a skin.

I'm guessing it will be similar to Metroid and Zelda (and Ushitora) crossover in the 3DS titles. They will be armor set with stats and skills (and to craft them, you need to get special materials from crossover quest), and the helmet will be 'Aloy hair'. It doesn't alter your character face.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like beta is going to be for about 3 days. 3 maps & monsters, single player & up to 4 player online multiplay supported accord to JP site.