1. TheDkmariolink

TheDkmariolink
    Banned Member OP

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1519

39/40.

Some review highlights:

* 50-60 hours to reach the ending. Lots of replay value after that.
    * Massive increase in the feeling of presence, and lots of QoL changes make it a more comfortable experience. Truly worthy of being called the next generation Monster Hunter.
    * The seamless areas keep you in the action, without an interruptions.
    * The pacing of the action has also been increased.
    * A wide range of information, from weapon trees to monster weakpoints and parts that can be broken can now all be checked in-game, making it much easier even for new players to start the game.
    * Scoutflies are revolutionary.
    * The areas spread out in all directions, there's always more things to find or see.
    * The story has a strong, solid through line.
    * Definitely a game for cat lovers.
    * It also includes systems that series' fans can dig down deeper into.

For comparison, previous MH Famitsu scores:

MH2 37
    MHP2G 36
    MHF 36
    MH3 40
    MHP3 39
    MH3G 38
    MH3GHD 35
    MH4 38
    MH4G 36
    MHX 36
    MHXX 35

I know many of you (me included) take Famitsu with a grain of salt, but the review contains some additional information I thought would be thread worthy. Also, good thing to see the devs didn't bloat the story gameplay time by saying 40-50 hours. If anything, they undermined it.

*Receives not Recieves, whoops XD

2. Joseki

Joseki

Capcom didn't pay enough for the 40/40?

3. Bishop89

Bishop89

Sounds great. I'm super excited for it, especially after participating in the beta.

Hope to God it sells well so they keep making more console ones

4. Blitzhex

Blitzhex

Lower than Monster Hunter Tri, preorder cancelled.

5. BAN PUNCHER

BAN PUNCHER

6. Dust

Dust

Monsher Hunter has story?

7. Hikari

Hikari

Very excited for it! I hope it’s gonna be fun.

8. The Horror the Horror

The Horror the Horror
    Self-requested Ban Member

Final performance on PS4 regular?

9. Kinsei

Kinsei

So it's on par with Portable 3rd? I guess the game will be trash then.

Jokes aside, I'm taking this review with a massive grain of salt. Some of the stuff they've said seems to be straight up false based on my time with the beta.

10. TheDkmariolink

TheDkmariolink
    Banned Member OP

Whats been false, exactly?

11. Kinsei

Kinsei

That the seamless world keeps you in the action without interruptions. Chasing a monster as it leaves an area takes longer now that you have to run through the corridors between areas.

12. Lost

Lost

A god damn good score.

I guess it might be good!

13. Lol Scoutflies are revolutionary now?

14. TheDkmariolink

TheDkmariolink
    Banned Member OP

You can stop them from running away by paralyzing them or sleeping them, they usually get angry enough and stop running away and fight you.

I don't see how else they would have implemented the monster fleeing with the loading between zones having been removed, anyway.

15. LiK

LiK

"Seamless areas" is what I like.

16. tolkir

tolkir

17. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Don't you have to do that in the past games anyway? At least now there isn't a loading scene between zones.

18. Kinsei

Kinsei

The loading screen was much shorter than the time it takes to actually run through the connecting corridors in World.

19. Sanctuary

Sanctuary

About as much as the God of War games ever did.

Cool on the score I guess, but I was planning on getting it anyway.

20. PhazonBlazer

PhazonBlazer

I still don't know if I want to get this or Dragon Ball FighterZ at launch.

21. Toxi

Toxi

They're basically the Fluffy Mask.

Man I miss Cha-Cha.

22. potatohead

potatohead

Boss

Can't wait this will be my first mh

23. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

Pretty sure this will become my favorite Monster Hunter game. The Beta was fantastic and the new QoL features sound great.

24. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Unlike most people, I'm actually also interested in seeing how they handled the story.

I mean, if they're just gonna do it the same as the previous games you wouldn't think they would advertise it as much as they have for World.

25. SnakeyHips

SnakeyHips

Same.

Jokes aside, how did Tri get a perfect score? Sure I think 3's world hasn't been matched (yet) but the underwater gameplay was....something.

26. Saint-14

Saint-14

10 days to go, I probably can find a copy before the 26th.

27. TheDkmariolink

TheDkmariolink
    Banned Member OP

The online play was revolutionary for Monster Hunter and how good it worked... even though in Japan it required you to pay a subscription fee to play online!

28. HStallion

HStallion

This is such a disingenuous reading of what that statement means. They mean seamless as in no loading times. There being obstacles for you to surmount along certain paths has nothing to do with that.

29. Falcato

Falcato

And you think that load screens are better? In previous games having to NOW LOADING go through 3 or NOW LOADING more screens really cuts the actions. At least for me it completely NOW LOADING killed the experience.

30. Toxi

Toxi

Kinsei's saying there was less time spent by the loading screens for directly adjacent rooms. They're not talking about the atmosphere. They're talking strictly about downtime between the fights that are the core gameplay.

I prefer the lack of loading screens, but that doesn't mean everyone has to.

31. SnakeyHips

SnakeyHips

True. Glad to hear they dropped the subscription free for MHW in Japan too because they easily could have without many complaints as it's standard over there.

32. Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

worse than tri, preorder cancelled

edit: oh crap, someone already said that. uh...

better than mh4, preorder restored.

33. Menchi

Menchi

Exactly. I’d rather spend 5 seconds extra running through a corridor which I’m actually doing, than stare at a loading screen. Always one of the more annoying gripes with earlier MH titles.

34. Drencrom

Drencrom

Actually playing the game is "interrupting" the action while sitting through a bunch of loading screens isn't? lmao

35. TheDkmariolink

TheDkmariolink
    Banned Member OP

Question: Is 50-60 hours standard to reach the "ending" of a monster hunter? I only played Tri, and it felt around that time, but that story didn't include High Rank like world's does.

The story missions in World are clearly marked this time, which takes guesswork away from finding out what the key quests are, which I guess can also decrease total story time in comparison with previous entries.

36. PatMan

PatMan

This magazine is known for biased towards game made in Japan. I'll wait for a western review. Still excited for it though!

37. rzmunch

rzmunch

Almost 40/40! I hope it comes soon to PC...

38. Ridley327

Ridley327

Yeah, 50-60 hours has been the average length for the single player content. This is actually a bit shorter than MH4U, but that honestly should have cut things off earlier than it should have, since the post-MH4 story content was uneven at best.

39. Rafako

Rafako

I hope the sells are good for this one.
    We need more console MH.

40. TheDkmariolink

TheDkmariolink
    Banned Member OP

Bad news: http://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hunter-world-producer-explains-pc-delay/

Good news: Should be a fantastic PC port with all the free DLC and cosmetics included in from the start.

PC release is slated for Autumn 2018.

41. Jimmypython

Jimmypython

The only thing I don't agree with is that MH4G is lower than MH4. MH3 is a 40/40 game!

42. BadWolf

BadWolf

Heh so it's the best reviewed MH since the series left PSP, interesting.

43. NSESN

NSESN

Eh... the loading screens didnt take much time.

44. Braaier

Braaier

So the check cleared?

45. rzmunch

rzmunch

That's too bad, I read it was after summer, but didn't though it may be December.

46. Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Not even 40, buying Nintendogs instead. /s

Can't wait for the release.

47. visvim

visvim
    Banned Member

how credible are their scores nowadays?

48. Mifec

Mifec

From a huge fan

49. BushidoBro

BushidoBro

Took the 26th off from work, arranged for child care, ready to dig the hell into this. Most anticipated game of 2018 for me.

50. HStallion

HStallion

So its a lock across the board then?