• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the shortages, this'll have some legendary-level legs next week. Might come close to the big handheld titles soon

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Holy shit. Coupled with the huge gains for the franchise in the West and this move frankly was damn smart by Capcom.

They've massively expanded the MH userbase and it they likely got quite a bit of support for the marketing from Sony. This was a great move by capcom. Even without a switch version MH may now be capcoms biggest franchise.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Sales are estimated to be more than two million including digital.

Monster Hunter: World is also the top PS4 game ever in total sales.

And PS4 hardware had its second highest week in sales ever (highest was release week).
So, I don't know, but should I take your post at face value. Help me out here SalesERA.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
This is insanely good is it not?

I'm not the best with sales numbers.

The best-selling home console MH until now was on Wii with something like 1,05m LTD (520k FW). So yea, it is pretty good. :)

Hopefully it will have some legs now. At least it has really good word of mouth, so that can help.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the best selling first week for Monster Hunter, but it's by far the best selling opening for a console MH game. It absolutely crushed first week sales of Tri.
But how far is it from best selling, and is there difference between days in stores... MHW was in stores only for 3 days of the 1st week right? Still, fantastic launch.
MH on 3DS always has high digital because of low stock at launch, it's a constant for MH.
Makes sense, I was just wondering if that many people get SD Card for their 3DS so majority would go for physical, but I'm not certain between the share.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Insanely good number. I wonder how much they sold digitally. I guess Capcom would release some sort of press release if it reaches 2 million in Japan total.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that seems good for a 3-day period considering digital isn't counted. Now to see if this has legs and continues to sell well throughout the year as they bring in more and more monsters.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
If the legs can match the 3DS versions, then it could sell 2.5 million+. Though, PS4 in Japan and all that. I hope it does real well regardless.

DKHF

Oct 28, 2017
Sales are estimated to be more than two million including digital.

Monster Hunter: World is also the top PS4 game ever in total sales.

And PS4 hardware had its second highest week in sales ever (highest was release week).
Yeah estimated two million with digital, very impressive

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But how far is it from best selling, and is there difference between days in stores... MHW was in stores only for 3 days of the 1st week right? Still, fantastic launch.

I believe the biggest MH debut was Portable 3rd with over 2.1 million sold. I believe the tracking period was five days instead of three though.

Edit -Though if digital for World really is over two million, that'll be an insane result and could possibly be the best opening ever for the series. Holy shit.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I was asking about the numbers I quoted...
Tri was physical only and MH4 while having a DL version was mostly a physical release when that happened.

Unless stated lauch week numbers are always physical only (Famitsu sometimes differs by counting download cards, but those are still purchased in a store and not online)

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In 3 days and not including digital? That's incredibly impressive. I'm guessing sales are over 1.5m including digital by now.

Edit: Just saw the update, estimated to be over 2m including digital?! Holy crap!

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know guys, I think this Monster Hunter series is gonna do just fine on consoles.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Monster Hunter World debuts with 1.35 million copies sold at launch, no digital included.

PS4 sold 140,000 in that week, across all models.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201801/31150829.html

dsXTLPQ.gif

Talent always wins. I'm right or I'm right. :)

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is insanely good. It was a bet and with the partnership with Sony they did very well in all the fronts and markets. Congratulations to Capcom, they deserve it for winning this bet.

It will be the best selling game in the series due to western sales. Capcom made a wise choice with this one

This is what he said tho?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am kinda skeptical at famitsu saying it is estimated to be over 2 million including digital sales. 750k+ digital sales in 3 days for Japan?