• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
The biggest gamble for Capcom is still performing well.

12-13 million lifetime with Iceborne?

pdf_9.png

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they actually cared about releasing the expansion at the same time then.

I've also heard that the PC port isn't that great, meh.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff

A large chunk of those sales will also likely transfer over to Iceborne. I know I've personally been waiting for it since a month after launch.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely a market for games like these on all platforms, Monster Hunter often sold well but they must have realized at this point that limiting themselves to a single platform is costing them tons of sales.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Funny way of describing the PC version, do we actually have solid numbers of sales by SKU or this it?

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Good. Well deserved.

I'm looking forward to Iceborne later this year.

I am also wondering if MHW 2 will be cross-gen, or next-gen only. My guess is cross gen.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
First mh game. I solo'd. I played just thru the silly story and a little after. I still have no idea what many of the items and weapons do.

So i played 40 hours or so and just scratched the surface of the game and it was amazing. It was like playing dark souls in a big game park. I was totally enthralled just bumbling through. I feel like i could play a ton more and it's my goty 2018.

Viva monster hunter.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
So how about you invest a bit and have a same day release for Iceborne on PC then?

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Remember when we had threads about this game (before release) likely not meeting any sales expectations? And how silly that 10M prediction by an analyst (or whatever) seemed ridiculous? That it could never - ever - keep up with the 3DS/DS/Wii versions sales?

Good times, good times.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
What a huge success.. Gotta wonder how the expansion will do.

It was at 10M the 20th of August I believe. It's climbing still but at a slower pace. Could it hit 12- before Iceborne?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Remember when people laughed at the 10 million sales prediction thread? Sure wish we could bring back the good times for another good laugh

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people laughed at the 10 million sales prediction thread? Sure wish we could bring back the good times for another good laugh

Remember when people said this game would bomb because Capcom apperently ''betrayed'' them by going multiplatform and not releasing on their ''home console''?

The denial was real.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Generations Ultimate did good aswell.

Was pretty happy to finally see it come over after it seemed like it wasn't going to happen.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously.

I sadly dropped the game since they are releasing updates to the PC version too slowly for my tastes.

It's all but caught up now. Currently, the appreciation event has a ton of events quests running at the same time, including three arch-tempered elder dragons and extreme behemoth. The only missing content is AT Kulve, AT Kush, and Ass Creed layered armor I believe. And I think AT Kush will come shortly after the appreciation event.

The bigger issue is that the expansion's release date on PC is still unknown. I'm expecting delays...

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's all but caught up now. Currently, the appreciation event has a ton of events running at the same time, including three arch-tempered elder dragons and extreme behemoth. The only missing quests are AT Kulve, AT Kush, and Ass Creed layered armor I believe.

He means as an overall and upcoming.

Geralt and Iceborn aren't coming day and date with consoles.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
It's all but caught up now. Currently, the appreciation event has a ton of events quests running at the same time, including three arch-tempered elder dragons and extreme behemoth. The only missing content are AT Kulve, AT Kush, and Ass Creed layered armor I believe. I believe AT Kush will come shortly after the appreciation event.

The bigger issue is that the expansion's release date on PC is still unknown. I'm expecting delays...
I'll jump back to to check out the new content but once The Division 2 releases, MHW will be collecting digital dust.

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
Nerscylla only really has 4 legs though.

How did i never notice that!

It's all but caught up now. Currently, the appreciation event has a ton of events quests running at the same time, including three arch-tempered elder dragons and extreme behemoth. The only missing content is AT Kulve, AT Kush, and Ass Creed layered armor I believe. And I think AT Kush will come shortly after the appreciation event.

Still waiting for that Street Fighter crossover too!

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when we had threads about this game (before release) likely not meeting any sales expectations? And how silly that 10M prediction by an analyst (or whatever) seemed ridiculous? That it could never - ever - keep up with the 3DS/DS/Wii versions sales?

Good times, good times.
It's really easy to say that in hindsight when something that had been unprecedented actually happened (no Monster Hunter or any other single game from the company has ever done those numbers). I'd understand this obsession with those since dispelled doubts if someone had actual stock in the company and now they're reaping the dividends, otherwise it's little more than incessant fanboy gloating. It's especially annoying if someone had already conceded to being proven wrong.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
It's really easy to say that in hindsight when something that had been unprecedented actually happened (no Monster Hunter or any other single game from the company has ever done those numbers). I'd understand this obsession with those since dispelled doubts if someone had actual stock in the company and now they're reaping the dividends, otherwise it's little more than incessant fanboy gloating. It's especially annoying if someone had actually conceded to being proven wrong.

Captain Hindsight always wins. Always.

It's not so much an obsession as much as a clear sign that forum bubbles (in this case, the famous Era bubble) =/= real world expectations as far as gaming goes. Many times those do align. Many other times they do not.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Captain Hindsight always wins. Always.

It's not so much an obsession as much as a clear sign that forum bubbles (in this case, the famous Era bubble) =/= real world expectations as far as gaming goes. Many times those do align. Many other times they do not.
I only called it an obsession because I see it in every single thread discussing its sales. Seems more like some people just like being right than liking the game itself and being glad for its ongoing support.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
And around 5 milions of those sales are from PC? That's pretty great

No, i think something between 2-3 million copies. MHW is still charting high on Steam and today starts Steam Lunar sale.

During Winter Sale, MHW was always in the top 3 for 2 consecutive weeks.