1. Rodjer

Rodjer
    Member OP

1 - Biggest launch for a Japanese title, DS3 had 129k ccu, MHW 157k ccu and going up.

2 - Capcom's biggest PC launch

3 - Biggest launch of 2018, KCD was the biggest with 95k ccu.

4 -
    Congrats Capcom, i think they already sold 300-400k copies on Steam alone.

2. JammerLammy

JammerLammy

Amazing

3. LordKano

LordKano

isn't it out since like an hour what the fuck

4. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Expected, but I'm really happy to hear it. This game is going to blow up on PC. Already double-dipped!

5. Goney

Goney

Source?

6. Rodjer

Rodjer
    Member OP

Now 173k.

That's crazy and only on Steam, no WeGame numbers.

7. Landford

Landford

Japanese Devsis eying this with tons of "Masaka?!". Bet on tons of ports in the future.

8. Rodjer

Rodjer
    Member OP

Steam + Steam Charts

9. That success

10. ChaosSmurf

ChaosSmurf

I assume this bit is just a guess?

11. Toumari

Toumari

Never underestimate the legs of MHW!

12. Stygr

Stygr

I think it's only a guess yes.

13. Nirolak

Nirolak

Rodjer

Also a top 10 concurrency ever since it just hit 173K:

[​IMG]

14. LordKano

LordKano

i certainly wouldn't underestimate the legs of a rathalos they'd crush me into pieces in half a second

15. Napalm_Frank

Napalm_Frank

I'm starting to think they will hit dat 10 million mark after all, especially once them sales hit.

16. Acquiescence

Acquiescence

How many threads are getting bumped once that 10 million milestone is met?

17. Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

How realistic is a million within a week?

18. DigSCCP

DigSCCP

This is beatiful!
    Im so happy with Capcom being awarded to make some risks!

19. Frozenprince

Frozenprince

Maybe this will FINALLY get the fucking JP Dev market to realize that PC is a viable god damn platform.

20. phanphare

phanphare

all of them

21. Orbital Edge

Orbital Edge

I wonder if this reinforces to Capcom to release future MonHun stuff on PC six months later or makes them realize they're leaving hype money on the table.

22. GrayFoxPL

GrayFoxPL

This old game? ;)

23. GhostTrick

GhostTrick

193k concurrent users right now.

24. Braaier

Braaier

I didn't think it would do that well on PC. Guess nothing will change with delayed PC releases. Next up: RDR2!

25. Nirolak

Nirolak

I mean, almost all of Capcom's games are immediate. It's just clear from the port that they actually needed time to make a reasonable PC version.

26. Derrick01

Derrick01

It should be there already. That last update the other day had it at 8.3 million and between the tencent client and what we're seeing on steam it's guaranteed to be over 1 million easily.

27. I'm definitely surprised that it's selling so well with delayed release and seemingly poor optimization. Guess the underlying game is good enough for people to get past that though.

28. RPGamer92

RPGamer92

Atlus: "meh"

29. Kaguya

Kaguya

It's probably way higher than that already going by games with similar peak concurrent users numbers.

30. jediyoshi

jediyoshi

I know this is a joke, but it is pretty entertaining that aside from PUBG and FM2018, everything else on top played is a relatively old game

[​IMG]

31. silva1991

silva1991

It begins. I need that 10m units sold report in my veins.

But will it have long legs after reaching that milestone? nothing else matter.

32. JB2448

JB2448

33. Orbital Edge

Orbital Edge

But you could just apply that mentality to the next game. Whatever lack of resources the Monster Hunter team had to properly develop a PC port on time could potentially just be mirrored again.

34. D65

D65

i don't even want to play this game and i bought it so...

35. Astandahl

Astandahl

So happy about this. Top tier game.

36. Ascheroth

Ascheroth

I'd bet money that it already sold that much, especially when counting the Chinese non Steam version.

37. Nirolak

Nirolak

Sure, but I'm assuming they're not upending their entire technology base.

It's not uncommon for a company to start with late ports and move to simultaneous versions later once they're adapted to the platform.

We can look at Dark Souls as an example of this. The first game moved 3+ million copies as a late port, but it's not like Namco and From opted to make the following ones late ports.

Similarly Resident Evil 5 was a late port and the future Resident Evil games came at the same time.

38. Why is red dead not on PC at launch again?

39. Nirolak

Nirolak

Rockstar is a perpetual disaster company and also found that the programmers they need to get their games out the door after the fifth delay are the most qualified to make a high quality PC port.

Like GTA V on PC is actually rather meaningfully different from the last-gen console versions.

I suspect Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC will mirror what they plan for the PS5/XB2 versions.

40. Htown

Htown

yeah, Monster Hunter always seemed like the kind of game that would do well on Steam

gotta upgrade my busted-ass computer before I can play it though

41. Raide

Raide

Yeah World, yeah!

42. MatrixMan.exe

MatrixMan.exe

Find it hilarious how there were people on here saying it was going to bomb because it was coming 6 months after the console versions. Nonsense.

43. DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

Super happy with this result even though I expected it

44. Saint-14

Saint-14

Woah, I’m really interested to see how it is doing in China after that 1 million preorders news.

Also, can we assume it’s over 300k on Steam? It is doing much better than FFXV for sure.

45. OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard

Yeah, people have been really weird about this game. Monster Hunter on PC always seemed like a surefire success to me, late port or not.

46. Phantom Thief

Phantom Thief

I am so, so, so happy this game has taken off on PC, in spite of the belated release. It will be a juggernaut, and it is utterly well deserved!

47. Thatguy

Thatguy

[​IMG]

continues to be served

48. Lonely1

Lonely1

I think it's easily over 1M.

49. Thatguy

Thatguy

They said it would bomb because its not on a portable. They said its going to bomb because it's not in Nintendos ecosystem. They said its going to bomb because it's open world and streamlined too much.

50. Durante

Durante
    Dark Souls Man Member

It's a very low estimate.

Games with this kind of concurrent numbers are basically guaranteed to sell at least a million in their launch window.