• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The hunger for this game is real. I'm tempted to buy this version too but the 100 hours I already put into the PS4 version makes it hard.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just woke up and started playing, that's a +1 from me.

Now at ~240k concurrent users. Just surpassed No Man's Sky and might surpass Payday 2 soon at number 6 highest in Steam history. Furthermore, I believe this won't be the real peak, it'll be on the first weekend tomorrow.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The hunger for this game is real. I'm tempted to buy this version too but the 100 hours I already put into the PS4 version makes it hard.

Same, instead off buying and replaying im just getting Monster Hunter Generations.

That game will need some help though i think so im supporting in my own way.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
If this doesn't put ever Japanese developer into high gear with good day 1 PC ports than I don't know what will. Money on the fucking table.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
do you believe the sales if yakuza 0 have been bad?
It only peaked at 9k concurrent players. That's not that bad, just low for a game of that caliber (I mean in quality, not popularity).

The biggest issue was that SEGA didn't bother to market it. They just announced that it's coming and that's it. Now compare it to how Capcom market MH World in the last couple months.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GOtta love when Era throws acronyms out of context that could mean a lot of things.

This is a thread about Monster Hunter World so I can safely assume MHW stands for that but what the kell is KCD!?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
It only peaked at 9k concurrent players. That's not that bad, just low for a game of that caliber (I mean in quality, not popularity).

The biggest issue was that SEGA didn't bother to market it. They just announced that it's coming and that's it. Now compare it to how Capcom market MH World in the last couple months.
oh i didnt know we started considering concurrent players as the ultimate measure of actual sales

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Rodjer

Also a top 10 concurrency ever since it just hit 173K:

steamrecordsd8dlp.png

Those numbers seem awfully low.

You're telling me Call of Duty never had more than 161,000 concurrent players on PC?

Or am I reading that wrong?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I am completely blown away by Monster Hunter World's success. It is surreal to me that this game has taken off the way it has, but I could not be happier. I just hope future games come to PC earlier than this did.

Yakuza 0 is a huge success on PC. I am entirely certain SEGA is completely over the moon with it's sales. Unless there are some exclusivity shenanigans or it has another publisher (like Halo Wars 2, Bayonetta 2), all of SEGA's major releases going forward should come to PC. I mean we even got a modern Shining game. I would bet the farm on stuff like the new Sakura Taisen coming to PC when it is localized too!

Now they just need to push Atlus... I strongly believe Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games would be huge hits on Steam.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Those numbers seem awfully low.

You're telling me Call of Duty never had more than 161,000 concurrent players on PC?

Or am I reading that wrong?

By the time Call of Duty required Steam, it had already burnt all its brand-cache on PC.

"Not Balanced For Lean" and "Mouse and Keyboard Support"* basically amputated the IP's legs on PC.

Those were the exact words given by Infinity Ward PR when asked what special features MW2 PC would have.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Expected this. Coop game, progression, semi open world, the game is a recipe for good sales.

Looking at the Steam chart for top ccu still reminds me how weird it is that Civ 6 charted.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Yakuza 0 was never going to set the market on fire like MHW did.
Even on PS4 in West, Yakuza 0 sold well for what it is. MHW on the other hand is the best selling Capcom game.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yakuza 0 was never going to set the market on fire like MHW did.
Even on PS4 in West, Yakuza 0 sold well for what it is. MHW on the other hand is the best selling Capcom game.
Yeah, I know that. I just kinda expected something like 15k-20k peak players at launch.

Yakuza 0 is only comparable to niche JRPGs like Tales of Berseria (8k) and Ni No Kuni 2 (10K). Even though it's a much better game than those.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we've been calling for this for years, AND dealing with stiff harassment from Nintendo only fans who were quick to lash out at anyone talking along console/multiplatform lines. Even mods joined in with bans and condescending tags. I remember.

That's cute.

PC has its own audience that wants to play Japanese games. Who knew?

Oh that's right. Everyone knew except some stubborn Japanese publishers and developers. Maybe the last of them still holding out will finally take the hint.

Doubt that it's going to happen

Oct 25, 2017

9K peak concurrent players is a great result for a game like Yakuza , And I heard that the port was fine and running well so i assume it will have good legs